Awoo.

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Sequel in the works!

Lobotomy

we discussed about tracks some time ago, but which Sonic courses would u like to see?

I would like to see Ice Cap, Speed Highway/City Escape and EggmanLand.

Eggmanland seems like it could be a interesting level choice. Maybe a sonic riders level. And Starlight carnival or flying battery. or a Sonic R stage.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

^^ I doubt Classic Sonic will get in. I'd give him a tiny chance as a skin, though. Tails is stretching it a bit far.

I wish they'd get in as alternate skins, though. I'd probably use them instead their Modern counterparts.

Is a bit farfetched to wish for at leas a Dynamite Heady cameo?

I'd hope not, but it probably is.

I'm not a "omg put classic sonic skin in everything remotely nostalgia-based" person at all, but... if they did so AND gave him his car from Sonic Drift, that would be pretty gosh darned cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anybody think that Jet should be a playable character. It would make sense seeing that this is a racing game and all.

Anybody think that Jet should be a playable character. It would make sense seeing that this is a racing game and all.

I hope we get more different levels instead of different parts of levels for different tracks. Sonic levels I'd like in are Oil Ocean, Hydrocity and Mushroom Hill (Gotta have a Hill and this is my favorite and it's different enough from the others)

From other games, I dunno about all of them, but a few I'd like to see are

Planet Sonata (Ristar)

Paris (Rhythm Thief)

Atlantis (Ecco)

Funkotron (Toejam & Earl)

And that's my incredibly original list.

The botanical level from Space Channel 5 Part 2 would be pretty cool.

Or hey, they could go really surreal and have a racetrack inspired by/set in that one complex where everything was cel-shaded with sharp colours and sillouhettes. Now that would make for a unique track, though would probably add a lot of effort to graphical system development just for one map, lol.

I'd love every series on the game to have a track (if possible). And a few series that won't have characters such as Echo.

I'm not so fussed about every series having a track as I am about simply more series having a track. ASR had 9 Sonic stages in 3 varients, 3 unique Monkey Ball stages, 3 Billy Hatcher stages in 2 varients, 3 JSR stages and 3 nigh-identical HotD stages. It didn't begin to cover the any ground at all.

Exactly, I'd love to see Shenmue, Ristar, Golden Axe, Streets Of Rage 2, Alex Kidd stages.

Also, racing around Spiral Mountain would have been sweet.

And imagine racing on a ZOOL stage, it would be beautiful with all the canday!

And imagine racing on a ZOOL stage, it would be beautiful with all the canday!

What does Zool have to do with Sega?

He's not really a BIG wanted character for one. and any other characters they put in after the wanted ones would probably be from lesser known Sega titles. Jet is also defined by a board. Seeing him in a car just would look strange.

• Thumbs Up 1

This could spell bad news for ASR2.

SEGA is restructuring its European and US operations ahead of an expected financial loss of £54 million (approx. $86 million). SEGA has described it as an "extraordinary loss". It's hoped that these changes will "create a smaller company positioned for sustained profitability".

Parent company SEGA Sammy still expects to post profits of £152m ($243m) for this financial year ending March 2012.

What does this actually mean for gamers? SEGA will reduce the number of titles it produces going forward, focussing on more dependable brands, like Sonic, Aliens and Football Manager. It will also cancel development on some titles currently in development, and invest more into digitally distributed content.

A press release from SEGA Sammy read as follows:

"The SEGA consumer business is expected to post operating loss due to the challenging economic climate and significant changes in the home video game software market environment in the US and Europe.

"It is essential to streamline [our] organisation in the field of home video game software, while shifting to a structure that corresponds to a change in environment, including strengthening development in the field of digital content.

"We decided to narrow down sales titles to strong IPs such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Football Manager, Total War and Aliens which are expected to continue posting solid earnings. In accordance with this, we are cancelling the development of some game software titles."

The cancelled SEGA games have not be named. IGN has contacted the company for comment.

I don't see how, because the game will probably be called "SONIC and SEGA All Stars Racing 2"

Edited by Scar

I hope Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing 2 will still be in production, and will not be cancelled.. sad.png I really wanna see Ristar as a playable, and have more playables, and tracks in it. Besides, it has Sonic in the title, or him in it. So i really hope it aint cancelled. sad.png

Edited by Sparkster24

I'm not worried. As Marcellove has said, the game is pretty much Sonic and besides, I'm sure it's been in development for quite some time already, so quite a lot of money were spent on it's development, so cancelling the game (with the word "Sonic" in it's name) they've already spent a lot of money on is not the good idea.

And don't forget that there are also those figures that will raise the sales.

Also, be careful and attentive, April 1 is coming.

Edited by ArtFenix