Awoo.

SSMB's very own (Badges Included) Super Cool, Absolutely Awesome, Positively Amazing, Stupendos, Super Smash Brothers Brawl Ladder/Tournament.

King Frosty

As Professor Westwood V has said, the Double Elimination is a style of bracket. I believe there's a very good example of what it would look like on the first page. Each match will only be 1 vs 1, all Double Elimination means is that you'd have to lose twice before you get a bye. So in short, everybody has two chances to win the tournament.

Edward, I told you tons of times

A Brawl tournament is a stupid idea, it's dumb, waste of time, and unfun

I mean it's so obvious

That I'd wipe the floor with everyone, and make the tournament unfun cause of how awesome I am at Brawl

FC= 4639-8624-1354

• Thumbs Up 2

If you guys want some people to fight against before the tournament starts, ask Eddy if you can join the Brawl Skype Chat so you and other members can exchange friend codes and fight and stuff.

To participate, post saying you're up for participating in the Tournament along with your friend code for Brawl. the Match ups for each person will be Random. So when they're set, You must add the person you're facing for each match. (Don't worry you don't have to add everybody here, you can remove them after the tournament if ya want. =P) You must also take a pic of the end of a match, stream and or record a match for proof that ya won or it won't count.

You put that on there just because of me didn't you?...

Now you guys better join, so I can own all your faces in.

You put that on there just because of me didn't you?...

Now you guys better join, so I can own all your faces in.

This should clear it up.

The reasoning behind the the picture/stream form of proof is to get rid of the possibility of "So-and-so's lying about his win, Mrs. KamiShark really won the match" complaints and just makes it a lot easier on the judges.

I'm game for this. I'll either send a PM of my FC or edit this post later (Or just make a new post),

I have a suggestion though, instead of people taking a picture of their match and uploading it, which could get tedious, why not use a spectator system? The most effective way I've seen it done was just have the person at the begining of the match off themselves and the other two would fight after the spectator died. This also gives the game time to sync up, and lessen lag. But then again, I've never really had a problem with lag in Brawl, and I almost always play with a full room.

• Thumbs Up 2

Having a third person serve as a ref would only work if said ref's connection is so good that a 3-for-all doesn't have lag. Maybe we can designate who could serve as bridges in the first post so people would know who to look to in case things get messy?

I'd be willing to volunteer for such a role. I use my campus connection, and I have had no issues with lag when it mattered when playing 3-for-alls, so I could serve as a bridge.

My FC: 0991-6296-7922

Even though I suck HARD (The max CPU level I can beat is level 5......). You guys will be wiping the floor with Sonic, if you know what I mean.

By the way, do you need both a picture and a recording, or just one?

My FC: 0991-6296-7922

By the way, do you need both a picture and a recording, or just one?

One or the other. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

One or the other. =P

Kay, cool. Is there a specific time for matches to take place? I have school and stuff on weekdays......

• Thumbs Up 1

Kay, cool. Is there a specific time for matches to take place? I have school and stuff on weekdays......

It'll be decided in 2 weeks. Chances are the Tournament will be held during Weekends. Depends on the people per match.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm game for this. I'll either send a PM of my FC or edit this post later (Or just make a new post),

I have a suggestion though, instead of people taking a picture of their match and uploading it, which could get tedious, why not use a spectator system? The most effective way I've seen it done was just have the person at the begining of the match off themselves and the other two would fight after the spectator died. This also gives the game time to sync up, and lessen lag. But then again, I've never really had a problem with lag in Brawl, and I almost always play with a full room.

Having a third person serve as a ref would only work if said ref's connection is so good that a 3-for-all doesn't have lag. Maybe we can designate who could serve as bridges in the first post so people would know who to look to in case things get messy?

I'd be willing to volunteer for such a role. I use my campus connection, and I have had no issues with lag when it mattered when playing 3-for-alls, so I could serve as a bridge.

Been waiting to respond to this for a while. I'm up for this idea. Professor, if you want to, you can test out being a bridge tomorrow.

I'm in, I've had such big cravings for Brawl recently.

CODE: 2277-8242-2701

One thing though, I don't understand how Port Town Aero Dive is not banned

One thing though, I don't understand how Port Town Aero Dive is not banned

The cars come in at all angles with enough of a warning sign that you could react in time and avoid them.

Buuut that's assuming offline play, which is not the case here. Wifi with it's 7-frames-minimum-delay does cause some complications.

One week left till the tournament Starts. Will post all contestants + friend codes when time is up. Tournament will start hopefully this Saturday or Next Monday.

Alright, I just got Brawl earlier today, so I'm definitely going to enter. As for character, I haven't decided yet. Since I don't necessarily want to use Sonic (and haven't unlocked him yet,) it will probably be Pokemon Trainer. I'll let you know when I've officially decided. Also, my brother will joining in as well, using Meta Knight.

Whoops, almost forgot to give you my friend code: 1292-2868-9888

Edited by Spider-Man 2099

I'm still thinking whether to use Ness or Sonic in the competition...I'm good at both!

Aw man, count me in on this! Haven't played in a while but I think I can get back into it.

Code: 4425-1149-1646