Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Inferno, are these from a website? I'd like to see if there are any others.

I love how Oda's desk stands out from the rest. Clearly it reflects his raw true passion (and also his crazy-as-fuck spontaneity).

• Thumbs Up 1

Kind of unrelated to anime but seeing those work desks (excluding Kubo's), I feel inspired to start doing some artwork myself, particularly pastel work. All I need is the right paper, which I'll probably order next this week sometime.

Well I started watching Code Geass about five days ago and... man, why didn't I watch this earlier? Such a fantastically entertaining show. I don't know how "good" I consider it yet but it's definitely one of the most enjoyable anime to watch from what I've seen. I can also add it to my list of shows that made me cry bitch tears,

as I just saw the episode where Lelouch uses geass to make Shirley forget him.

Well I started watching Code Geass about five days ago and... man, why didn't I watch this earlier? Such a fantastically entertaining show. I don't know how "good" I consider it yet but it's definitely one of the most enjoyable anime to watch from what I've seen. I can also add it to my list of shows that made me cry bitch tears,

as I just saw the episode where Lelouch uses geass to make Shirley forget him.

Also I fucking hate Mao, jesus christ. What an asshat.

Edited by Silencer226

Funnily enough if all goes well Code Geass season 1 should show up in the mail today whilst I'm sleeping.

*joy*

Scratch what I said, I feel absolutely terrible for Mao now that I've watched the episode where

he dies.

He reminds me a lot of Mad Pierrot from Bebop. I wonder if it was an intentional nod to him considering

they even both died in a theme park, which I wouldn't think is your conventional setting for a death scene.

So after a long while of mostly filler episodes, the last two episodes of Beelzebub have been canon.. Yay! Sure they addedsome slight filler to them, but it was enjoyable. Like OGa meeting himself. I lol'D at "Yes, it'S me!". However they took out Furuichi.... err.. Montesquieu turning into a Gundam and leaving.

Episode 19 also marked the first time Oga's mind is shown. And it is complete mind fuck.

Next episode is canon again, but I'm still annoyed they turned Chiaki's air guns into water guns.

~~~~

To those desks:

Hideaki has a Wii! And needs a new chair.

You can't see it, but Kubo's office totally mirrors Bleach (Very white and bland, style over substance). It has like two floors and his (4!!) assistants work downstairs while he works in his own private room, which has a bed. Probably where he spends most of his time, seeeing as no work is put into the series.

Kishimoto's is really clean. I think he does alot of it on the computer or something, though. I remember him writing something like that in an early volume.

Amano's. Nothing special. Lot's of toys. Lack of Lambo disturbs me.

Oda's... Wow. It really shows his passion. And his addiction to smoking xD

You can tell who takes their time and fills in plot holes. Look at Kishi's desk. Organized and clean. Also he has every volume of Naruto at the head of the desk. Look at Kubo. I bet the bastard doesn't even care anymore. He treats his job like homework. Now look at Oda. Crazy as shit just like his manga.

I am contemplating watching R2 of Code Geass. Lelouch almost threw me off his bandwagon when

he "accidently" caused a genocide.

Edited by turbojet

You’ll have to pardon me for posting this here, but it’s sort of an anime related query. Has anybody heard of a Japanese company called Cospa? They seem to make clothing with anime prints which actually look quite respectable. I was thinking of buying a t-shirt from them, but before I do I wanted to get an idea as to the quality of the garment, and I figured you anime geeks (I mean no offense) might have come across such a garment. I like saying garment.

I am contemplating watching R2 of Code Geass. Lelouch almost threw me off his bandwagon when

What the fuck?

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean Euphinator? Yeah, stuff like that happens nearly every episode in R2 after episode... 8? Something like that.

You mean Euphinator? Yeah, stuff like that happens nearly every episode in R2 after episode... 8? Something like that.

The euphie moment was a massive reach when it first happen, didn't like it at all.

although having said that.... even if the R2 twists were even more ridiculous I think they fit better because they kept happening, lol.

Fuckin R2, it really tells a lot when all of that could've been avoided if Lelouch didn't make such an insensitive joke, who says sarcasm doesn't kill.

Any sane person would've said something like I COULD MAKE YOU BARK LIKE A DOG instead of **** all the *******

Been watching School Days, as I heard the ending was something spectacular. Can't say I disagree, but my god, I haven't been so disturbed in anime since...well, the "Euphinator" massacre in Code Geass. :P

Edited by Jaymeister

What the fuck?

Looks like the Japanese

B)

just got "Euthanized"

YEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I just got Code Geass in the mail this morning.

I'm screwed now aren't I? XD

I just got Code Geass in the mail this morning.

I'm screwed now aren't I? XD

Watch it, love it.

I'm convinced it's impossible to dislike geass. it appeals to far too many niches

• Thumbs Up 1

Been watching School Days, as I heard the ending was something spectacular. Can't say I disagree, but my god, I haven't been so disturbed in anime since...well, the "Euphinator" massacre in Code Geass. :P

Huh? You talking about School Days or Geass? I've watched both to completion, and the Days ending and Geass massacre stand out as the "disturbing" scenes for me. Or are you talking about anime in general?

I've been marathon-rewatching FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood after buying all of the currently-available UK DVD sets at the weekend (first three sets, episodes 1-39).

Currently on episode 31, then will rewatch them all from the beginning in English. I'm oddly looking forward to the dub, since I've never seen any FMA in English before.

Huh? You talking about School Days or Geass? I've watched both to completion, and the Days ending and Geass massacre stand out as the "disturbing" scenes for me. Or are you talking about anime in general?

I was talking about School Days, I know pretty much nothing about it other than it's premise and how bad it gets for the characters by the ending. Though I misread your post and thought you were still in the process of watching it. :P

Heh, no worries.

In truth, the Days ending is only so disturbing for two reasons.

First, it completely contrasted with most of the previous episodes, I didn't see it coming until it came. Of course, that may be due to me being a little dense, but whatever.

Second, I knew nothing about the series (originally an eroge game, had multiple endings etc), and upon actually researching what the endings tended to contain, the anime ending seemed to be more in line with the previous material.

Honestly, the series isn't particularly great, but if you do watch it, don't get any background knowledge and take everything at face-value. The series works so much better with that mindset.

Edited by Jaymeister

NICE BOAT

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I finished watching all my FMA Brotherhood DVDs (eps 1-39) in Japanese and started the dub. Five episodes into the dub now, and it's generally fine so far.

Mustang's voice isn't bad per se, but it doesn't really fit him all that well, in my opinion. It's too low/ gruff/ authoritative, whereas in Japanese he sounds more like a non-threatening bishy laid back and calm Other than that, the voices are generally pretty fine, for the most part.

EDIT: I'm also contemplating buying Summer Wars.

Edited by -Mark-

Up to episode 8 of the FMA Brotherhood dub now.

Envy's dub voice makes me sad. =< (read: It's horrific)

EDIT: Also ordered Summer Wars.

Edited by -Mark-