Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Out of morbid curiousity, I decided to check out Code Geass and Lelouch reminds me of someone...

prince.gif

Overall, I am deeply upset that I didn't get into this sooner.

I fucking hate Suzaka. Fucking house negro asshole. Zero, on the otherhand, knows what is up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Out of morbid curiousity, I decided to check out Code Geass and Lelouch reminds me of someone...

prince.gif

I fucking hate Suzaka. Fucking house negro asshole. Zero, on the otherhand, knows what is up.

Hahah fuck yeah, love me some Geass.

I am also pro zero anti suzaku.... even after seeing the whole thing.

Hahah fuck yeah, love me some Geass.

I am also pro zero anti suzaku.... even after seeing the whole thing.

Suzaka just comes off as stupid and hypocritical. Really Suz? The Black Knights could have joined a police force of a city that already is racist andwork within a system in order to restore peace? Conformist idealogies like that shit need to be banned.

Holy orgasms Batman, Ghibli classics are out on blu-ray. I was in my local HMV and I saw Laputa available to buy. I didn’t buy it because I knew I could get it cheaper online. As far as I can tell Laputa and Nausicaa are the only ones available to buy (in the UK) and Ponyo obviously. I think I’ll rebuy Ponyo as well because mine is an import copy and the blu-ray are really cheap on Amazon.

prince.gif

Suzaka just comes off as stupid and hypocritical. Really Suz? The Black Knights could have joined a police force of a city that already is racist andwork within a system in order to restore peace? Conformist idealogies like that shit need to be banned.

Edited by Tornado

I heard Season 2 of Code Geass wasn't as good as the first. Without spoiling it (because I have yet to see any of it beyond the first episode), is the second season still worth buying anyway?

Depends. Do you want plot coherence? Then no. So much crazy shit happens all at once, and so many plot threads are picked up and buried and picked up again, and people are backstabbing each other so often, that it at times comes close to rivaling the MGS2 plot (it never quite approaches that, though).

Do you want a fun ride, so long as you intermittently shut you brain off? Then yes. At the very least, the budget for R2 seemed to be higher, and shit explodes on a more regular basis. Gottwald got a much bigger part as well.

Edited by Tornado

There's always room in my schedule for shit blowing up on TV.

The end of the first season was the peak of the show for me (oh snaps cliffhanger!)

Season 2 was a slump until the end and it was definitely over dramatic to say the least. I also hate Suzaku. He's just an ass...

I heard Season 2 of Code Geass wasn't as good as the first. Without spoiling it (because I have yet to see any of it beyond the first episode), is the second season still worth buying anyway?

I couldn't be bothered with it, I just stopped after episode two. Anyway, it's just about robots with rollerskates and promotion for Pizza Hut.

Suzaku is really starting to piss me off. He keeps saying, "Zero's methods are wrong." Oh, what of Britannia and their bullshit. I'm sorry. Everything that comes out of that bastards mouth is so infuriating because he is so self-righteous about it. I know that the writer intended this reaction, but really, fuck Suzaku. How can you sit there with a straight face and declare that a country wide rebellion is wrong? The American Revolution was wrong in his definition. WWII would be wrong in his definition. Every war when oppressed people fought back would be wrong. Also,"Zero's method won't change the future." URGH!

I'm on episode 21. So far, my hatred for the fucker has only increased. Zero, on the otherhand, is so awesome. "NEVER SPEAK AGAIN!"

Edited by turbojet

You know what Code Geass reminds me of? Death Note.

I finally watched the Death Note anime. I read the manga a long time ago so I knew what was going to happen for the most part. Even though I forgot how shitty the second half of the manga was it didn't phase me while I watched the anime. Things like the Near, the ending, the bad plot twists... did I mention the ending? The anime was satirized to the point hilarity, which was a good thing. The staff must have realized how pretentious/boring a show about a guy writing in a notebook would be.

First few episodes are really kind of a slump in R2 as they reintroduce like EVERYTHING for new viewers. The latter is... as tornado mentioned, insane but I thought it was really entertaining.

I can't believe they actually threw in the infinite 1-up trick from the game.

So I thought I'd give you an update seeing as the bulk of my latest purchase arrived today. Thanks bunches for the help getting things straight in my head folks. :D

Positions in the list have changed a bit based upon realising that I wasn't as willing to spend money on stuff as I originally thought and have reconsidered things accordingly, as well as getting extra information on upcoming summer releases. :o

There's one very significant addition in the Pre-Orders section for example.

OMFG HARUHI SEASON 2 IS OUT IN JULY OMFG ENDLESS EIGHT WILL TROLL ME YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY yes I'm insane

GIGANTIC LIST AHOY: still accepting suggestions. :D

EDIT: Because it's updated so frequently, now I'll just keep a copy of my master document uploaded and updated. Here it is. :D

So yeah basically I realised that I find it much harder to sit down and watch a film than a TV show for some reason, and adjusted the list to reflect that fact. As for Xam'd, the fact that they're bothering to release it on Blu-Ray is a big hint to me that my initial hunch when we watched it at the society was right and this is a show to look into.

I've also yet to resolve my Eva purchasing conundrum but I don't think I'll be sorting that out anytime soon. :|

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

So apparently there are some short extra skits on the P&Sw/G DVD or somewhere and...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seLXKW9oMUs. That is really horrifying.

It's funny because when I say that, you can't tell which one I'm talking about.

That has to be one of the most WTF things I've seen in a while. Although Super Mario Bros parody with 1-Up trick included make the fan in me happy.

Just recently watched Initial D from Hulu, though most of the episodes are missing in Season 2, which is a big dissapointment for me, seeing as how I don't know what happens next after the race started. :(

So, yesterday's Naruto episode had me facepalming, cringing and outright moaning throughout. The best part of three minutes' worth of 'new' footage in what was ultimately a 'here's the whole plot so far regarding Naruto and Sasuke's bond' recap episode. Half of last week's episode was already recapping things from Sakura's point of view as it is.

Oh well. At least most of the flashbacks were reanimated, if nothing else.

I found this on the net yesterday, it's a little spoilerish of the current arc, but not really:

25350710150616968505554.jpg

In the first pic: Luffy's idea of what a mermaid from fishman island looks like.

In the latest chapter: That same "mermaid" is hidden in the background among the people of Fishman island as an easter egg,

There are no words. The man has crazy memory...

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

Meanwhile, Toriyama forgets things like main characters constantly, and Kubo forgets things on purpose to piss people off.

• Thumbs Up 1