Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

He wants to find his dad and fuck him up, basically.

Everything he does in R2 is basically a calculated move to piss off his father enough to bring him out so Lelouch can take potshots at him. That's why he switches motivations/allegiances like 10 times over the course of the season (its not a spoiler, because its telegraphed several episodes ahead of time), and why he starts doing shit that seems completely at odds with everything that he was trying to do in season one.

Yeah, now I can see why R2 isn't as recieved as well as R1. No offense, but that was what seperated Lelouch from Light Yagami besides the fact that Lelouch gives a damn about his friends and initially did feel bad about killing is brother. If Lelouch isn't about making Japan an independent country anymore, then the character is derailed for me. He loses that allure that I loved about him in R1. Oh well.

Got the fourth FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood DVD box set on Thursday, so been watching that between juggling Zelda and Naruto on the 3DS.

I've seen it before, but damn it's getting close to where the shit hits the fan. I still think FMA is overrated, but that's not to say I don't still think it's a pretty fine series.

I finally finished Geass and I've never felt so... empty after watching an anime. It was just such a damned fun ride and I'm so sad that it's over.

After all was said and done, it turns out Nunnally is the only character I don't hate in any way. It's like I really just watched Evangelion again!

Geass is definitely going up on my list of favorites, that's for sure.

*still hasn't watched his copy*

*looking forward to it*

I've been watching both seasons of the Ah! My Goddess anime version and it's so PRETTY. Awwww. n__n

Plus Mike Pollock and Dan Green do guest voices in the dub, which was a nice surprise to discover.

I swear, I am seriously going to stop watching anime adaptations if they continue to give these bullshit endings without any signs of continuation or they just leave me feeling like I completely wasted my time. Anyway, currently waiting for my Katanagatari to ship out, I guess it'll be like a week or two before it ships, usually rightstuf gets their stuff early by like 2 weeks. I can honestly say, I'm mainly buying it because that box art is fucking awesome and couldn't care less about the anime, which I do hope is good.

Oh, Code Geass. This anime. This fucking anime.

First things first.

CODE%20GEASS%20R2%20-%2016%20-%20Kallen%20beating%20up%20Suzaku.gif

I could watch this all day.

R2, much to my surprise, wasn't that hard for me to follow. I was caught off guard by the sudden restart of everything that happened in R1 as if this was a reboot of sorts. And then it happened. Holy shit, it became fun after that. There was no rest period, no moment where the audience takes a break. It was HOLY FUCK WHAT JUST HAPPENED and then sudden bursts of LELOUCH IS FUCKING AWESOME after the realization of his greatness.

Johnny Yong Bosch deserves all the credit in the world for his performance.

Actually yeah, I didn't find it too tough to follow everything. I was starting to get confused with the C's World and trying to understand how exactly Geass gets passed on but aside from that it was pretty easy to keep track of everything else happening. And Bosch definitely did a fantastic job as Lelouch.

So uh about that ending,

Did Lelouch grant Geass to Suzaku? And was that him riding the cart with C2? If it was, I take it to mean that he's immortal now, correct?

Actually yeah, I didn't find it too tough to follow everything. I was starting to get confused with the C's World and trying to understand how exactly Geass gets passed on but aside from that it was pretty easy to keep track of everything else happening. And Bosch definitely did a fantastic job as Lelouch.

So uh about that ending,

Did Lelouch grant Geass to Suzaku? And was that him riding the cart with C2? If it was, I take it to mean that he's immortal now, correct?

Currently watching Ao no Ekusoshisuto. Liking it so far. Okumura Rin makes me feel angry from time to time but meh, it's still worth it.

And here it comes...

Winter Season-YAY!

Spring Season-OK!

Summer Season...

normal_Homerdisgust.jpg?t=1242137934

Kami-sama no Memo-chō (Yes, reasoning cute girl and drugs... hopefully someone dies :D)

Dantalian no Shoka (Gainax... though not an original)

Blood-C (I liked Blood-... might like this)

Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Ni! (Liked and buying the first season, will hopefully enjoy this season)

That's it... for me, I stand firm on it too, unless they all end up shitty and I just watch out of boredom.

Edited by Silencer226

Just watched episode 11 of TWGOK, couldn't help but gush 90% of the time. I really hope they bring on a 3rd season.

To the people above, I highly recommend watching some Hourou Musuko if you want an excellent drama slice of life anime.

To the people above, I highly recommend watching reading some Hourou Musuko if you want an excellent drama slice of life anime manga.

Fixed that.

The anime is only worth watching if you're really adverse to reading manga, or have read it and want to see some parts animated. And on the subject of the manga, jesus christ I am so worried for Shuu about his job ;_;

Fixed that.

The anime is only worth watching if you're really adverse to reading manga, or have read it and want to see some parts animated. And on the subject of the manga, jesus christ I am so worried for Shuu about his job ;_;

I found the anime to be shit, but I enjoy the manga, which I need to catch up on apparently. It's like Deadman Wonderland, I enjoy the manga immensely but the anime is just not engaging at all, not to mention it skips around important events in the story in an effort to catch up with the source material.

Edit: TWGOK, honestly they need to do more than 12 episode seasons of this series, it's too good for only 12 episodes. I'm surprised no one has bothered to license the manga, which is miles ahead of the anime, which hasn't even gotten to the Yui arc...

Edited by Silencer226

Good to hear you guys liked Geass so much, love the show personally and really need to pick up R2 on DVD some day to rewatch it.

Definitely know what you mean about the "empty" feeling after watching an anime, I got that after both Code Geass and the Full Metal Alchemist manga/Brotherhood finished. Major bummer. :|

I blew through Geass in two days after desperately trying to avoid spoilers for it in this thread...

...and then promptly bought R2.

Dear God DAT CLIFFHANGER MAN

So yeah I'm totally a fan now. :o

Finished watching Gunbuster and Diebuster. Really liked Gunbuster. Not sure how I feel about Diebuster, wavering between calling it either good or just okay.

Edited by Ekaje

I blew through Geass in two days after desperately trying to avoid spoilers for it in this thread...

Imagine waiting a whole damn year to have that cliffhanger resolved.

SUZAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

More Gundam-related new for anyone who cares. It seems like the manga "Gundam The Origin" is getting an anime:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/06/gundam-origin-manga-to-launch-anime.html

So essentially, it's gonna be a revision of the original 1979 anime, which most fans will probably welcome considering how it aged.

As far as non-mecha anime shit goes, I just bought the American DVD of Summer Wars and will watch it in a few days. Hope it is as good as you guys say it is!

There's an anime that I've come to enjoy fervently, called Casshern Sins. It's actually a reboot of the 1970s anime, titled, "Neo-Human Casshern." I watched through all of the reboot last week. I strongly recommend that everyone check it out.

Imagine waiting a whole damn year to have that cliffhanger resolved.

SUZAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

So yeah I blow through shows real fast. I've watched Code Geass and R2 from scratch in the space of five days.

Bravo.

I'm so glad I didn't listen to you guys because I actually prefer R2 over the first season. This show's going down as one of my all-time favourites. :D