Awoo.

Sonic '06 Done Right.

Linneus

But you have still yet to provide me a reason why not to make a remake to '06. There's absolutely nothing to be lost making a bad game good.
Except for the time, money, and energy that could go into a game that is not restrained by '06's bad ideas or poisoned by '06's bad reputation.

And I don't know where you are going with terrible ideas, because I see none in '06.
0n0

You're joking. Please tell me you're joking.

Mach speed sections. Shadow's vehicles. Enemy HP. Silver. The story (all of it). These are not good things!

• Thumbs Up 4

Or here's an idea. How about use deveopment time that could be used on remaking this crappy game and put it into making a brand new game. Or if you're really looking for a remake, choose to remake games that were already good, like SA1 or SA2 and make them better.

At least with those titles there is a least some nostalgic attachment.

Well, those two already had new versions, DX & Battle, but yes, I too would love to see them in nowadays' style laugh.png

Except for the time, money, and energy that could go into a game that is not restrained by '06's bad ideas or poisoned by '06's bad reputation.

Mach speed sections. Shadow's vehicles. Enemy HP. Silver. The story (all of it). These are not good things!

Sonic Mach Speed sections, OK you're right, I too hate them; Shadow's vehicles, brought from ShTH, they were fun to ride; Enemy HP, that might have been unnecessary as well; Silver, they were trying something new, they might do it right if it were nowadays; The story, get away! Apart from a few things, I really enjoy seeing it time and time again!

Edited by XRick

Sonic '06 is a game where the main character's only contribution to the plot is that someone falls in love with him and then he dies. Literally any other character could have taken Sonic's place; the only prerequisite is mortality. The game would be no different if it was Marine '06, except that people would have a few extra names to call Elise. If that's not an indicator of a fundamentally broken story, I don't know what is.

My biggest opposition to the idea of a remake of '06, though, is actually the game's dull level themes. Even if someone concocted a Sonic '06 remake with an actually good plot and non-broken gameplay, we'd still be playing through Generic Beach, Generic Jungle, Generic Desert, Generic Snow, Generic Fire, Generic Base and Generic Castle, and I'd rather have something brand-new than that.

Edited by New Year's Oct

But you have still yet to provide me a reason why not to make a remake to '06. There's absolutely nothing to be lost making a bad game good.

Yes there is; time and money.

And I don't know where you are going with terrible ideas, because I see none in '06. All the ideas (aside from story) look basic Sonic, and very good. There's absolutely nothing wrong in concept that abandons the formula that was established in the Adventure titles we liked. Again, noty seeing the objectivity in your words.

Level design was poor, it would need to be entirely recostructed. Mach-speed sections are a total abomination. Shadow's vehicles. Silvers's gameplay. Hub-world was crap and would either need to be omitted or remade. Plot was truely horrifically poor. It would need to be remade.

Almost all of the game would need to be remade and reconstructed from scratch to remove the fundamentally poor decisions made in the development of the original 06. It would be changed so much that it would be barely recognisable as Sonic 06. If that is the case, then why not just make a new game anyway? Why restrict yourself to remaking 06, which had poor ideas and a horrible reputation, when you can do anything else that you want.

I never had much of a problem with Enemy HP to be honest, be it in Heroes, ShtH, or '06. Heck, it made sense to me in the first two, in Heroes, your homing attack's power was tripled because of Tails and Knuckles, so the enemies were tougher to compensate, and with Shadow, well, the gun and stuff.

'06 is the only one where I can sorta understand people's raeg.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never had much of a problem with Enemy HP to be honest, be it in Heroes, ShtH, or '06. Heck, it made sense to me in the first two, in Heroes, your homing attack's power was tripled because of Tails and Knuckles, so the enemies were tougher to compensate, and with Shadow, well, the gun and stuff.

'06 is the only one where I can sorta understand people's raeg.

It was a problem in 06, because defeating an enemy broke down into mindlessly mashing the homing attack till it died.

....Did I walk into the fucking twilight zone? Why are people saying 06 is a game with potential? Its considered a terrible game by the public and fans for a reason people; If you don't know what those reasons are, allow me to elaborate.

Mach speed sections: Probably a prototype for Unleashed/Secret Rings, but it controls even worse and you're constantly moving forward with stopping, which means there so many cheap deaths because you can't fucking stop.

Enemies: Not only are they generic to look more "realistic", but the bigger ones take far more time to beat because the developers thought putting health bars on enemies was a good idea.

I'd list others, but I'd be here all day. 06 is a bad game, its shit, remaking it will solve absolutely nothing, and how many games that are hated are remade anyway? Why can't people just move on from the shit and be done with it.

You gotta excuse a bit, I did write this at three in the morning so I never got to the point where I wanted to criticize the game outisde the glaring obvious things.

Imagine giving Sonic his Generations control scheme for the Mach Speed segments (and make them ACTUAL levels instead "OH GOD I CAN'T STOP").

With that said, I'm thinking that Sonic '06 really represents one basic idea that I would love to see done right, be it in a remake or just a new "Sonic Adventure 3". And it's having more than three basic character types and still using the usual Sonic idea. I remember showing a friend of mine one of the original trailers for Generations when I first told him about the game and one of the responses I got was "I want to play as more of Sonic's friends. Giving me another Sonic feels like a troll." Did you think every character was good? No, chances are you thought some of them were dreadful (be they because the game didn't work or because you actually didn't think Amy turning invisible made any sense). But I would love a wide range of DIFFERENT CHARACTERS. Adventure 2 gives you copies of three characters, but when you load up the game you still have a sense of "Who do I want to play as MORE?" Heroes beat you over the head with the "12 different characters! Same great game! :D" so much that it ruined the Adventure 2 style for any other game (except SA2 itself because it's got so many immunities that Heroes couldn't touch it).

Remaking Sonic 06 with it's same mechanics would only make a bad game less bad. It would not make it good. In order for it to be good, you have to essentially make it an entirely new game, and the only thing that can be salvaged is the characters involved, but even that needs some fixing.

If you want to make Sonic 06 a truly good game, then that means you're making a new game. There's too many things broken about Sonic 06 to keep it's general make-up.

One reason I don't want to see an '06 remake is because of Dr. Eggman's horrific character design.

Eggman_06.png DEAR GOD.

Also, a remake would feature the same story as '06, and '06 had one of the worst (and most confusing) story in the Sonic franchise.

Edited by Christmas-Hedgehog

I admit his CG Render is not the best to show his realistic appeal but I really love his in-game model appearance.

They could revamp his realistic design to be more appealing to the general masses.

0n0

Edited by VisionaryBlur

The story in the concept stage probably wasn't as deep and convoluted as the one we got, the interviews about the game described the story as growing too complicated in the end of the process, so we can guess that it was rather simple in the beginning.

Yes he is. He is a Trunks ripoff with a terrible design and slow, clunky, combat-heavy gameplay.

Edited by Christmas-Hedgehog

Lol why do people always complain about the unliklyhood of this game getting a remake?

No shit its not getting a remake. Anyone with half a brain knows that. I don't think anyone starts a topic like this actually thinking the game has a snowballs chance in hell of getting remade. We all know it would be a waste of time and money, even if all of the ideas were spectacular. But people like to talk about it anyway because its something to talk about

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest, at this point, I'd really rather just forget Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). It has its place in history and, frankly, there's nothing in that game worth salvaging for a remake. In fact, in my personal opinion, it'd be quite a poor move to waste time and effort remaking it, especially at this point in time, instead of just making a new title that doesn't have to carry the burden of being associated with '06.

• Thumbs Up 4

We are here just talking for the love of it and you guys are only here flaming it just because you don't like the idea of people like us actually liking of talk about the game, the chances it could have with a remake and possible ideas that could make it rise from the dirty ashes of Iblis in which it burned.

Please, just let the people who wants to talk about it talk...

Edited by XRick