Awoo.

Duke Nukem Forever

Patticus

PLayed on this at TGSL last week as well, I'll be getting it but only for the nostaliga, I can't recommend it so far lol!

Hey I was gonna post that. Boobs, uh I mean the game looks pretty good so far.

Hey I was gonna post that. Boobs, uh I mean the game looks pretty good so far.

50412_22653283630_9535_n.jpg:P

The First Access Club has updated once again with more Concept art ,Duke Nukem Forever theme song :D and a Podcast

ngsgtw.jpg

And some more Duke Burger stuff from the Duke Nukem Forever website:)

DukeBurger01_sm.jpg

DukeBurger03_sm.jpgDukeBurger02_sm.jpg

Too much awesome is in this topic XD

Edited by Shaddix_Croft

Duke celebrates royal wedding with charity portrait

screenshot_253019.jpg

2K is set to auction off some of 200 Duke Nukem portraits for charity in celebration of the forthcoming release of Duke Nukem Forever and the Royal Wedding.

The oil-on-board portrait, called 'Untitled: I'm So Awesome, I Don't Even Need To Name It', apparently took renowned portrait artist Frank Frid 350 man hours to create ("in a single sitting").

The portrait will be unveiled to the public ahead of the Royal Wedding, before moving to a more permanent exhibition space as part of the Duke Nukem Forever launch celebrations, says 2K.

The publisher says it's also creating a limited run of 200 signed prints that will be partly used to raise money for charity.

Oh how we'd love to see the Duke turn up at Westminster Abbey on Friday.

Duke Nukem Forever will be released in the UK on June 10.

huh.gif

ohmy.gif

blink.gif

You know, I still can't believe it's actually getting a release. Still, you never know, something might come up before then to stop it. The world was supposed to be ending on May 21st, wasn't it? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok another Duke Nukem Forever bomb of screenshots and information have come in XD

Duke Nukem Forever Avatar clothing/props and dashboard theme for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360

thumb_duke_x360_theme_large.jpgthumb_duke_ps3_theme_large.jpgthumb_duke_avatar_large.png

Have you been wanting to deck out your 360 or PS3 DNF-style? Now's your chance. A plethora of awesome Duke goodness is headed your way for both systems next Thursday.

On May 5th we're releasing a premium 360 theme on the Xbox Marketplace that takes you inside Duke Burger during the alien invasion.We're also going to be offering up premium Duke Nukem avatar items including Duke's iconic outfit, the Freeze Ray, a Pigcop mask (which is totally awesome, by the way), a pet Octabrain, Duke's throne, and more. Want more? Good, because we're not done - we're also giving away a free gamerpic pack featuring babes, aliens, and the King himself.

We'll also be releasing a free PlayStation 3 theme on www.dukenukemforever.com with three DNF wallpapers and an icon set showing off Duke's arsenal.

Check back next Thursday - we'll post the full details the moment these go live!

Few new screenshots from the game

http://www.duke4.net...es/042811_3.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...mb_042811_4.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...es/042811_5.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...es/042811_6.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...es/042811_1.jpg

A proper image of the Duke Nukem Papercraft you get in the Balls of Steal Edition...ermm pass :P

thumb_papercraft01.jpgthumb_papercraft02.jpg

Not too keen on the Duke Nukem papercraft think I'll just get a normal edtion of DNF now after seening it :P.

Early concepts of the Battlelord and renders of him as the game moved closer to the final product.

http://www.duke4.net...lelord01_sm.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...lelord02_sm.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...lelord03_sm.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...lelord04_sm.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...lelord05_sm.jpg

and 2 new images of the Duke Nukem comic book =D

waltzcomic1.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...waltzcomic3.jpg

http://www.duke4.net...waltzcomic2.jpg

Wow alot of great stuff there :D, the Comic book looks amazing I will be getting that for sure if it comes to the United Kingdom :) and the Avatar stuff look great too tis a shame the dashboard theme isn't free like the PS3 theme =/ oh well I'll end up getting it anyway :P.

You know, I still can't believe it's actually getting a release. Still, you never know, something might come up before then to stop it. The world was supposed to be ending on May 21st, wasn't it? :lol:

I still can't believe it myself it's being released being one of the many fans waiting for the game for 10 years (I started FPS games like Duke young :P) also Jesus is "second coming" is on the 21st wasn't it :P xD yeah that ever gonna happen :P

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

It's finally coming but I'm not sure it's coming the way it should have been. The trailers and gameplay videos seem to focus too much on the LOL TITTIES thing, which was only a teeny-tiny part of the original DN3D and I'm worried the devs have mistaken those elements as the main focus of the old classic. I'm also somewhat worried that the game's going to be bowing down to the current FPS design trends that bog pretty much every action game up these days; the gameplay videos haven't really given any clear information about that either.

I'm excited to see what's going to come out, but I'm starting to get worried this is going to be too bogged down by how the gaming world is today instead of being the breeze of fresh air I originally thought it might be.

Edited by Flint

It's finally coming but I'm not sure it's coming the way it should have been. The trailers and gameplay videos seem to focus too much on the LOL TITTIES thing, which was only a teeny-tiny part of the original DN3D and I'm worried the devs have mistaken those elements as the main focus of the old classic.

As much as that's a possibility, when you really think about it, what do people remember about Duke Nukem the most? Tits. Literally that's pretty much the only thing people remember. It seems more like they're focusing on what will sell Duke Nukem now, which is tits. People would more than likely COMPLAIN if they showed anything less than gratuitous amounts of tits.

Besides, honestly, it seems like a logical step up. The raunchy stuff was what people liked about 3D, adding more of it should = profit.

Though it will really suck if the game is horrible and it's ONLY good for that reason, but it seems like a very far off possibility.

I'm also somewhat worried that the game's going to be bowing down to the current FPS design trends that bog pretty much every action game up these days; the gameplay videos haven't really given any clear information about that either.

The interviews and such have though. IGN complained about the game NOT following modern FPS trends. It's been pretty much confirmed to be a "stupid shooter" where you just pick up a gun and you shoot things.

Unless you're talking like level designs or something else, in which case I have no idea what you're talking about at all.

Besides, honestly, it seems like a logical step up. The raunchy stuff was what people liked about 3D, adding more of it should = profit.

The reason why DN3D is a classic is because of its design, from a great selection of weapons to the brilliant level design and the items that brought something completely different to games at the time - it's one of the FPS games that really shook the genre up a lot. It had the toilet humour etc there but it was just a flavouring in the overall scheme of things (DN3D was very, very tame in that regard compared to e.g. the PS1 games that followed it), and to me it looks like they're emphasising that angle a bit too much. The emphasis could just be in the adverts and promo (certainly wouldn't be unheard of a promo campaign giving spotlight to weird things), but I really hope the meat and core of the game will be in actual solid design rather than "look at me, i can swear and draw penises lol".

The interviews and such have though. IGN complained about the game NOT following modern FPS trends. It's been pretty much confirmed to be a "stupid shooter" where you just pick up a gun and you shoot things.

Unless you're talking like level designs or something else, in which case I have no idea what you're talking about at all.

I know it's going to be a 'stupid shooter', that much is clear and it's not what I'm talking about anyway. I'm moreso dreading that it's going to be a hyperlinear shooter where you only carry a tiny selection of weapons at one time and have the terrible health recharge gimmick; basically one that follows all the modern game design fads. The interviews have given some answers in that regard (and the ego system seems far superior to the screen-b/w'ing cack that infests games these days even if not perfect) but not made things perfectly clear for me anyway.

Edited by Flint

Duke Nukem Forever PC System Requirements!!

Minimum Specifications
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.0 Ghz
  • Memory: 1 Gb
  • Hard Drive: 10 Gb free
  • Video Memory: 256 MB
  • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    Recommended Specifications
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.6 Ghz
    • Memory: 2 Gb
    • Hard Drive: 10 Gb free
    • Video Memory: 512 MB
    • ]Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS / ATI Radeon HD 3850
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

OTHER REQUIREMENTS & SUPPORTS

Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft DirectX, Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (ATL), Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, and AMD Dual Core Optimizer. (AMD optimizer required only for specific AMD processors to run the game correctly, but installs for all of them.)

Man good thing I'm getting the console version I'd never be able to run this on my Laptop :P

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

Did you copy/paste that from Steam, or are all PC copies of it tied to Steam? Not that I personally have problems with it but it's a very intriguing choice, if so.

EDIT: Ah, seems like you only require Steam for initial validation and are apparently free to play the game without Steam afterwards. Intriguing, but fairly handy when it comes to the mandatory DRM mucking-about.

(laptops aren't meant for top-notch 3d gaming anyway!)

Edited by Flint

50412_22653283630_9535_n.jpg:P

Too much awesome is in this topic XD

Bite my black ass. Haha just messing with ya, but still I'm surprised IGN even had the guts to show that trailer on their site. Boobs Peeing, soo much blood and awesome theme music. The only thing missing from that song was lyrics. If it had good lyrics I'd be downloading it as I type this. My only issue so far is the graphics. At parts it's AMAZING and others...it looks dated some. But who cares IT'S DUKE and we will die playing DUKE! FTW!!

Edited by Ultimate X360

The only thing missing from that song was lyrics. If it had good lyrics I'd be downloading it as I type this.

It's Grab Bag. It's never had and not supposed to have lyrics.

New trailer, Shrinkage.

The first trailer that's reminded me of the original game's great and fun level design. Great! And generally looks like a breath of fresh air.

Sadly the trailer the ends on a low by sabotaging itself with the bit where he picks up the shrink gun, reminding of the terrible two-weapon limit.

Edited by Flint

New trailer, Shrinkage.

The first trailer that's reminded me of the original game's great and fun level design. Great! And generally looks like a breath of fresh air.

Sadly the trailer the ends on a low by sabotaging itself with the bit where he picks up the shrink gun, reminding of the terrible two-weapon limit.

My already too high expectations just grew. Wow.

^Cool! Just noticed under the related videos that there's a new 27 minutes and 3 seconds long video interview with Gearbox's Randy Pitchford talking about Duke Nukem Forever.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/dukenukemforever/video/6312950/duke-nukem-forever-interview-with-randy-pitchford?tag=related_video%3Btitle%3B1

I'm literally going to isolate myself from every video game publication, website or forum around DNF's time frame. I don't want to know shit about it until I play it. Hopefully Gearbox will place the strictest motherfucking embargo on it.

Duke Nukem appears at GAME tomorrow

By Emily Gera - 10/05/2011 - 2:06pm GMT

Free give-aways at Oxford Street store.

A Duke Nukem look-alike is set to appear at GAME's Oxford Street store tomorrow between 3:00pm and 5:45pm.

This is a UK-exclusive event that will see the Nukem-alike posing for photos with customers as well as giving away prizes in anticipation of the release of Duke Nukem Forever next month.

On the cards are free t-shirts, badges, and magazines to be given away on the day.

GAME is also offering free pre-order bonuses for Duke Nukem Forever titled "Duke's Big Package!". This will include an "Ego Boost" to extend Duke's ego-health bar, a Big Head game mode, and a collection of in-game shirts.

Duke Nukem Forever is slated for release on June 10.

VideoGamer.com Analysis

If you've been anxiously awaiting the release of Duke Nukem Forever since 1997 and are looking to fill your wardrobe with free novelty t-shirts then this isn't a bad way to spend a Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/duke_nukem_appears_at_game_tomorrow.html

doubt it would happen at my local GAME, Scotland just ain't interesting enough it seems :/

Picked up the latest issue of OXM UK and there's a Duke Nukem Forever mini-mag included. I've scanned up the whole thing for you all to enjoy :)

b7meqc.jpg

10qxij5.jpg

2qwn7zd.jpg

1r66i9.jpg

nwx5pg.jpg

mrfm37.jpg

k3wuvn.jpg

21mdnd4.jpg

11t38qr.jpg

24m7qtf.jpg

73jvw9.jpg

20icpyq.jpg

If you want to archive it, it came with Xbox 360 The Official Xbox Magazine (UK) Issue 73 June 2011.

Duke Nukem had "gay robot" sidekick

by Johnny Minkley

Randy Pitchford has revealed that Duke Nukem nearly ended up with a "gay robot" sidekick – which could still make an appearance in a future title.

Speaking last night at BAFTA in London, the Gearbox boss said, "Sexuality is part of the Duke personality", explaining that the original idea behind the sidekick was "to explore how Duke would relate to a peer that might have a different sexual orientation".

He added: "I don't want to spoil it because we might go there. Ultimately the robot was in a situation where for an order for victory against the aliens to be accomplished, the robot's inner workings – a nuclear generator – had to be sacrificed.

"The exploration was all very sincere and real and maybe we'll come back to that at some point."

Defending the tone and content of Duke Nuke Forever, amid accusations of sexism and misogyny, he said: "Duke is a wild guy; in his world they love him. His world is similar to ours but it's not our world. We are in the time when most of our heroes have become pussies. They're emo and everyone's trying to take themselves so seriously."

Aside from Duke Nukem, Pitchford shed some light on other titles his studio is working on. On the subject of a sequel to Bordelands, he confirmed: "You know we're going to want to spend some more time in that space," while acknowledging that he had been "silent" on upcoming shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines "for far too long".

And he also hinted that there was more to come from the company's Brothers In Arms series, stating: "We're going to want to talk about some of this things we're doing there soon."

Meanwhile, responding to a question about Valve's long-rumoured but never officially confirmed Half-Life 2: Episode 3, Pitchford, whose studio has worked on six Half-Life titles, dashed hopes.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that's not even in development," he said. "We assume there's one but clearly [Valve's] priorities are different. Those of us on the outside are making assumptions, [but] let's cut 'em some slack."

After 14 years in development, Duke Nuke Forever finally releases on 10th June for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

• Thumbs Up 4

Shadzter, that was full of win covered in win topped of with a cherry on top. Just WIN. The only word that can describe the scan.