Awoo.

Occupy Wall Street

novelty

Take this film and shit on it. Just shit on it. This is the only use of valid information that you will ever get out of it. Just shit on this piece of shit.

Do I dare ask why?

Why?

I live two subway stops from these I think. I don't care about them. Last week I was coming home with my girlfriend from a fun night like we do most Fridays and this hippie woman was inside the 24-hour store with an acoustic guitar, singing to the cashier and asking if we were coming to the protest. We aren't.

I really don't see where these protests are going or what their purpose is. The economy is bad. But I heard unemployment was dropping slowly. Maybe if I wasn't busy at work for like $5 an hour, I would smoke a joint with the college drop outs championing my cause. Thanks for camping out guys.

It is not politics. It is economics which in the end of the day, is an assumption.

Yeah it is, but people in this topic are using their political beliefs on how they see ways of getting out of this current economic situation.

As for the overall economic situation, people are looking at this too small, thiere is more to this than banking and Wall Street things like government debt, oil prices, the War in Afghanistan, foreign aid, the western worlds commitment/interference in the Middle East among tons of other things.

So protesting outside Wall Street and banks isn't really going to do anything even though I understand why people are doing it.

I am not saying people shouldn't voice their anger or do nothing but the situation is far more complex than some people realize.

Take this film and shit on it. Just shit on it. This is the only use of valid information that you will ever get out of it. Just shit on this piece of shit.

Yeah I hate all NWO conspiracy crap.

"9/11 WAS CAUSED BY GOVERNMENT CYBORG RUBBER CHICKENS, WE DIDN'T LAND ON THE MOON BECAUSE ITS MADE OF CHEESE!".

Please go take you're meds and go take a long walk off a short pier!dry.png

Lowering taxes on the wealthy may not be a cure-all, but it's a much better idea than raising them. We've already seen that fiscal liberalism does not work; look at Detroit, which hasn't had a republican mayor since 1961. It used to be famous for its beauty and was nicknamed the Paris of the west. Now, it's... well it's Detroit :( I don't think I need to elaborate on what's wrong with that city right now.

Not that I particularly disagree with you, but there is a rather more fundamental problem with Detroit that has almost nothing to do with any government in the area.

I still love the way Sweden does taxes.

One flat tax on all your income (a 60% tax) and that's it. You know exactly how much money you have to play with at the end of the day, and you know you're not going to be hounded for extra cash from the government out of nowhere.

I think a flat tax rate would be an absolutely glorious thing to have in America, but nope.

If you want the people unfit to work to die of malnutrition. (/hypebole)

Honestly and seriously though, all I want is some sort of provision for people who literally cannot work, either due to physical or mental issues. Because there isn't enough of one now, and I don't think there'd be one with a flat tax. If anything, there'd be less money for the people who cannot work. (If you have figures to prove me wrong, please do.)

That being said... finding a way to clear the 'I can work but don't want to' people out the system would help. On the other hand, if it means forcing people with degrees to work in MacDonalds, I question your jobfinder system.

Protests are happening all over the World now!ohmy.png

Before Lemanic or Cynical start this will not cuase a Worldwind Revolution! tongue.png

It's a mob mentality. Just like with the London riots (although less violent for the most part), a lot of people just like having a cause and something to be angry about. Don't misunderstand me - there are definite problems in pretty much any government you look at... and I'm sure that many or even most people do feel passionately about their campaign. However, this kind of thing really is like a virus. It spreads, and often a lot of the people taking part don't truly understand what it is that they're fighting for, nor do they see the many impracticalities of their argument.

I hope it won't turn nasty. I can't think of any better ways to make a statement, but I'm not entirely sure that this is 100% helpful either. Eh, what do I know?

Protests are happening all over the World now!ohmy.png

Before Lemanic or Cynical start this will not cuase a Worldwind Revolution! tongue.png

Awesome, Lemanic will be Stalin and I'll be Hitler. Except this time we'll use persuasive and kind words.

We'll then confuse the people and they'll think they're fighting to change the world...

Hey look! Omg, I can't believe I know how to take over the world..

JK JK, but it's possible.

Saw a guy with a "NO BANKING FOR PROFIT" sign on the subway when I was coming home from Comic Con. Is this a real concept that someone can explain to me? The way I'm looking at the world, unless someone is profiting, there is no motivation to get shit done.

Saw a guy with a "NO BANKING FOR PROFIT" sign on the subway when I was coming home from Comic Con. Is this a real concept that someone can explain to me? The way I'm looking at the world, unless someone is profiting, there is no motivation to get shit done.

I think he means the whole government catering to the elites diatribe.

And holy shit, I certainly did not see this going on a global scale.

Jesus, where were these concerns 4 years ago?

Jesus, where were these concerns 4 years ago?

Don't you remember? 4 years ago, Wall Street greed was good because people were making money off of it.

I heard Bank of America is charging a monthly fee of $5 when you use your debit or credit card.

Hey more money in their pockets, when they already get paid back with more interest.

I only know that America has hardly any jobs and hardly any money.

What else am I missing out on?

What else am I missing out on?

The part where people know that in advance when they sign up for a BoA card, and thus have no right to complain about it. Seriously, that's like buying a car and then complaining that it takes gas to run.

The part where people know that in advance when they sign up for a BoA card, and thus have no right to complain about it. Seriously, that's like buying a car and then complaining that it takes gas to run.

I'm specifically talking about the economy and Occupy America... And silly goose, everyone knows cars run on gas. Would you want to spend $5 every month because you use your credit card, BTW other banks like the idea and some want to charge more.

Is the position of Benjamin Disreali still open?

You would think though that people would realise that the only way they'll get the policies they want is to elect people with the same ideas. That'll never happen though, as people think that either independents have no chance (US) or they'll sell out their principles for power. (Lib Dems in the UK)

Awesome, Lemanic will be Stalin and I'll be Hitler. Except this time we'll use persuasive and kind words.

We'll then confuse the people and they'll think they're fighting to change the world...

Hey look! Omg, I can't believe I know how to take over the world..

JK JK, but it's possible.

You do know that Hilter and Stalin went to war with each other, right? tongue.png

You do know that Hilter and Stalin went to war with each other, right? tongue.png

... Did you know that Stalin was a buddy of Hitler before Hitler double crossed him and invaded СССР?

We just need to find Emeror Hirohito, General Tojo, and Benito Mussolini before we take action.

(I should do a RP of WW2)

Stalin always hated Hitler. It's just that Russia was in no state to fight. (Like Britain's appeasement)

And silly goose, everyone knows cars run on gas.

And so do the people who sign up for a BoA credit card!

Would you want to spend $5 every month because you use your credit card, BTW other banks like the idea and some want to charge more.

You know, if you aren't even going to attempt to be impartial about this, I see no reason to continue debating it with you.