Awoo.

Project X Zone

SuperStingray

I'm probably the only one who's not disappointed with the SEGA cast at all than Transformed choice of characters (clones & guests). This game actually got me really interested when it was first annouced especially when IPs like Sakura Wars, Fighting Vipers, Zombie Revenge, and Virtua Fighter was among those picked for this game.

This game also has butt loads of fan service for example, Bruno from the Dynamite Deka series takes out a Golden Axe to attack enemies with since Dynamite Deka and Golden Axe was developed by Makoto Uchida of Sega AM1.

When Ulala teams up with Sakura & Ogami, they all shout their famous strike a/victory pose.

Just so many AWESOME SEGA references man smile.png

By the way, Capcom-Unity and Namco Bandai are promoting Project X Zone in the west with videos and contests but what about Sega? SEGA West......... You guys got some explaining to do! 1 more month for US and 2 for EU. Gonna be playing with Sakura Shinguji & Ogami Ichiro with Bahn & Rikiya Busujima on my solo  unit.

Update: Capcom-Unity is helding a contest for the game http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013/05/14/project-x-zone-crossover-contest---mash-up-capcom-sega-and-namco

Namco is as well if anyone is attending MCM Expo

Edited by Kori-Maru

How's the demo? :3

Have to find my 3DS sooner or later.

I've played the demo once, and I'm not sure what to think. The demo kinda covers one "fight" (Imagine FIre Emblem fights, where you take turns to move your units and fight enemy units, except rather than it being all "your" turn then "their" turn, each unit on the board is in an order (based on speed or something? I don't know...)). I went into it a bit button-mashy, but that doesn't seem to be the "right" way to play it xD

I skipped the instructions thingy too, so I may have missed something (battles seem to last a random amount of time, sometimes I can get a lot of attacks in, sometimes it's only a few)

I think it requires a bit of playing in order to get used to it.

Also played the demo, didn't particularly excite me to be honest.  Maybe I'm playing wrong or need to get used to it (although it was pretty easy to just jump into, managed to beat the demo first time without losing any characters), but the I just don't find the basic system all to engaging at the moment.  Maybe it's also partially because I have no attachment to the vast majority of the characters (I only knew Ryu and Ken from the demo, and even then as far as the SF characters go generally they aren't exactly my favourites).  Maybe it will mean more and be more enjoyable an experience for those who actually know the characters, but they seem a rather obscure bunch for western players.  

Mind you though, this is an RPG and as a result there will definitely be more to the overall system than what's shown in the demo.  Nonetheless first impressions are lukewarm and there's not enough to appeal to me personally to want to buy the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Game releases next week! We're throwing a launch party in Savannah, GA.

Where: Savannah, Georgia Applebees at Abercorn St

When: June 26th at 5:30pm-11:30pm

Admission: $5 - also gets you a raffle ticket for a chance to win the game

Events: Play various games in hourly shifts developed by the three gaming companies (Namco Bandai, Capcom, SEGA), Cosplay Photoshoot, watch tons of anime adaptations of the video games represented in Project X Zone, Random Raffle contest to win a free limited edition copy of Project X Zone.

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/06/21/segabits-event-project-x-zone-launch-party-in-savannah-ga/

pxzparty.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

k2ac.jpg

Got my copy today. NMM says "Hey."

Pretty good so far; I'm up to P.6.

I see it's one of those "Easy to play; hard to master" type of game. Gotta time those attacks/combos just right if you want to clear the stages with minimum loses. Otherwise, you're just hitting air.

So I tried the demo.  I haven't played Japanese strategy games before, so I thought i might give this a shot.  Its easy to pick up and has awesome presentation but it feels like its hiding its straightforwardness by looking hectic.  Would you guys say it accurately represents the game as a whole or does it get deeper than the demo level?

Edited by Stingray 64

Well, just got the game, and... I have finally found the reason I own a 3DS.

OH DEAR GAWD I LUV DIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w_CGDlCMwU

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

Ok, sorry for the massive bump, but i got the game 3 weeks ago and since i've already finished (tl;dr: it was awesome though not spectacular) i wanted to give a -sort of- detailed review.

Btw, consider all of this as a heavy spoiler:

Gameplay analysys:

Basically, this is a standard tactic JRPG, just without the multi-class system, with characters in couple and a more action-oriented combat; there also skills that can help you during the fight and items both consumable and equipment.

For the combat itself, refer to what ProJared said: sadly, you don't have at your disposal a lot of moves for the characters and you'll end up doing the same thing over and over again. It's certainly not something for those who search new things in videogames.

One thing that bothered me a lot was that aside from the main villains, the regular enemies does not have attack animations, wich is really disappointing if you ask me.

Plot analysys:

Not very much to say here, since the formula is practically the same of Namco X Capcom (characters are doing stuff in a world -> main group arrives and interacts with them -> villains arrive and explain a tiny bit of their plan -> battle -> villains leave without a scratch and the characters join the main group), but it honestly holds in the long run; maybe only the final chapters start to become more tedious (especially since in those chapters there are a lot of recycled bosses) and the funal boss is sadly anonymous and forgettable. Overall, it's not a spectacular story, but still an ok one.

Oh, i forgot: the fanservice sometimes can be ridicolous, with almost every female character exposing cleveage during the super moves.

Soundtrack analysys:

What can i say: aside from a few original tracks (wich are good to be honest), all of the music is made of remixes of different themes from the franchise rapresented, and they are all really enjoayble to listen (also, after beating the game once, you can customize the theme you want to hear). Some tracks sadly were removed in the american/european version due to copyright problems, but to be honest, i liked what they choose for replacement (also, the remix of Over the Clouds was pretty terrible if you ask me).

The only real problem is that the main song of the opening was one of those "victims", and it was not replaced with a good substitute imho. Reguardless, it's still a solid soundtrack.

Franchises rapresentation analysis:

Capcom:

*Street Fighter: standard stuff for the main guys, with Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li being well characterized across the game. The villains are also interesting with Juri and Seth, but the lack of M.Bison (and ESPECIALLY Akuma, a character that was a constant presence in every Capcom crossover) gives negative points.

*Darkstalkers: standard choices even here with Morrigan, Demitri and Hsien-Ko, and interesting the choice of splitting them with characters from other franchises. The villains also works perfectly: Lord Raptor is a must-have, Q-Bee as regular enemy works and Jedah Doma cracks me up every time he's on the scene. The only real questions are about the location of Felicia in all of this and why the God Fetus level is so disturbing, but i can live without her.

*Resident Evil: much better rapresentation here than in Namco X Capcom, with Chris and Jill (instead of the 2 Dead Aim guys), and also with Nemesis as a villain plus some of the B.O.W. as enemies. To be honest though, i was expecting even Wesker at this point considering the whole "villain invincibility/reborning" thing, but the franchise is well rapresented already.

*Megaman: 2 sub-series are chosen here, X and Legends. Megaman and Zero works fine and have a really good story arc, and Tron Bonne is a regular guest at this point in Capcom history (weird though that she's not on her Gustaff). The enemies are ok and so is Vile as a villain, but i could have seen even Sigma at this point (again, with the whole "villain invincibility/reborning" stuff).

*Devil May Cry: oh boy, Dante has seen better days by now with all the reboot and stuff like that, but the rapresentation here is... ok, i guess. Classic Dante is in the time period after DMC3 but before the first DMC, so his personality is mixed; there are also Temen-Ni-Gru's boss rush stairs as a level, minor enemies from DMC3 and DMC1 and... Lady as an assist. Yeah, kinda lame, especially since there are also no villains from this series despite the fact that Vergil would have fit so well the role.

*Dead Rising: fine rapresentation. Frank West works well and it's fun when he tries to make photos of every woman he finds, and Willamette mall as a level works too. There's not much more, but for a series like this, it's perfectly fine.

*Ghosts 'n Goblin: same as Dead Rising. Arthur works as an assist, the Demon Village and the Casle works as levels, Red Arremers and zombies work as enemies and Astaroth works as a villain (although he's a little underutilized); only the Shielder makes me scratch my head, but i can pass it.

*Rival Schools: considering how weird the rapresentation of this franchise was in Namco X Capcom, this time it was reduced to a minimum and for the better. Despite being a little out of place, Batsu works fine as an assist and needs no more.

*Cyberbots: and here we have it, the first of many franchises wich have a rapresentation that doesn't make absolutely sense whatsoever. First of all, there's only an assist character, Devilotte: basically, she's the main villain of her original game (and spoilers: she's not a villain at all in this game). Second, there is no other form of rapresentation of Cyberbots in this title, so she's pretty pointless. Sure, she steals some smiles here and there, but not much else: definetly a no.

Franchises that should have been in the game:

*Strider: this is one of the things i cannot believe was left out of the game. Not oly Strider holds an important history at Capcom, but the main character is one of the most easiest go-to guys for crossovers: Hiryu would have worked so well as an assist. Adding also Grandmaster Meio as a villain would have helped.

*Breath of Fire: noticed something? Despite this being a tactic-action RPG, there are no RPG franchises on the Capcom side: combining that with the fact that this series hasn't got better in the last years, this game could have been a huge help to it having at least Ryu and Nina from one of the titles. But nope, enjoy your crappy random IoS game.

*Ace Attorney: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prooved that Phoenix Wright can be a weird fighter but fun to use: put with him Franziska von Karma who is a whip wielder and make the courtroom a level and there you have a good and funny rapresentation.

*Dino Crisis: this is one of those old franchises that deserves more love, and this could have been the perfect opportunity. Regina already had a strong presence in Namco X Capcom, and her return would have been nice.

*Captain Commando: maybe Capcom have forgot it, but this franchise is supposed to be its main mascot. The CC team worked well both plotwise and gameplaywise in Namco X Capcom, so why not here?

Overall thoughts: At this point, Capcom already knows how to do a proper crossover roster, and here it's shown since this is probably the most fair and variegate part of the roster: sure, there are some flaws and some missing faces here and there, but this is choosing the key elements from the right franchises.

Namco Bandai:

*Tekken: again, a wise and standard selection here with Jin and Xiaoyu that are ok and Heiachi that, despite of course marketing his younger form (like he did in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale), is a precious assist for the fighting game people (although it bugs me that he decided to join the good guys after just one battle). With that said... i don't think Alisa it's interesting at all in this game, both as a villain and as an assist: she's basically a watered down version of KOS-MOS that can use her head as a detachable bomb. ...fun? Also, no Devil Jin and no Kazuya/Devil Kazuya as villains? Heresy!

*Xenosaga: speaking of KOS-MOS, let me say that the Xenosaga rapresentation in this game (as it was in Namco X Capcom) is not good at all. T-elos does not convince as a villain nor as a playable character, KOS-MOS arrives too late at the party and does not provide very much aside from random and kinda childish sexualization and there are no villains except for the Gnosis as enemies. Next time, bring Shion, Rubedo and Albedo, please.

*.hack: this was a welcome surprise, but i don't think it was used in it's 100% potential. Kite and Black Rose are fine and the story arc they recieved is huge and well constructed, but i don't think that Skeith as a villain works, especially since this series is full of other potential great villains that could have been better. Also, i could have seen as well Balmung as an assist.

*Tales of: well folks, i don't even know wich criteria they used here. Instead of picking from a Tales of game that has been on a Nintendo console (Phantasia, Symphonia, Abyss, Graces, Innocence and Hearts), they selected all from Vesperia, a not very recent game that was originally an Xbox 360 exclusive and then recieved a Japan-only PS3 porting: ...what? Don't get me wrong, Yuri, Estelle, Flynn and the enemies work and have a big story arc towards the end of the game, but they feel kinda out of place, or at least more of what the Tales of Destiny guys were in Namco X Capcom.

*God Eater: another welcome surprise, since this game was really good but not quite famous. Soma, Alisa and Lindow are good choices and i approve the Aragami selction of enemies, especially the Vajras: the only complain i have is that instead of the Kongou they could have included the Hannibal, since it's more iconic, but even without that, i approve what they did.

*Super Robot Taisen: considering this series has a shitload of titles and almost none of them were localized, it's a welcomed thing the fact that the choices for this game were taken from the 3 games that recieved a western release. And to be honest, after seeing Sanger, Haken and Kaguya in action, i want to see how it is the game were they come from; only the Phantom doesn't really work as a villain, but for the rest of the rapresentation, i approve.

*The Legend of Valkyrie: weird. Considering i never played one title of this series, i recall though it's really famous in Japan, so it kinda confuses me that only the Valkyrie returns in this game (plus Marvel Land and a bunch of enemies) while in Namco x Capcom there was a more developed rapresentation from her games: because of this, the character kinda suffers a little, but not too much. It's just a mixed result.

*Yumeria: no. Just no. Despite her cuteness, Neneko/Neito is a character that has no rights to be in this game: even her enemies, the Feydooms, despite the fascinating concept behind them are just colored polygons. Another no for me.

*Pac-Man: i know, i know, Pac-Man itself is not a really interesting character nor a good fighter, but it's still Namco's main guy. If they gave him the Street Fighter X Tekken treatment (him piloting a Mokujin) he could have been a good assist.

*Klonoa: most likely the developers wanted to have almost only human characters in the whole roster, but i don't think this was a good excuse to cut off Klonoa, since he was well rapresented in Namco X Capcom and right now is one of the main mascots, almost at the level of Pac-Man. He should have been in at least as an assist.

*Soul Calibur: here's another unexcusable missing franchise. Soul Calibur is like the young brother of Tekken, and when you think about Namco, usually this is one of the first series that you associate with the company. In Namco X Capcom there were Mitsurugi and Taki (plus Charade as a villain) and they worked well there, so why not bringing them back or choosing other characters like Yoshimitsu or Siegfried? I'm still shocked about the complete absence of this series, and i can't understand it.

*Eternal Sonata: this is clearly not a major Namco title, but it has really cool concepts that could have worked in the game, implementing the dream dimension (or at least doing it good, not like Neneko did). Frédéric and Polka as playable characters with Count Waltz as a villain could have been a great way to rapresent this game.

*Dark Souls: i know, this is a weird choice, but i kinda think that with all his background and the knowledge of "convoluted time", Solaire of Astora would have been an interesting assist, coupled with some enemies like the Taurus demon or the Capra demon. I think though that at the time of Project X Zone development, Dark Souls wasn't that famous like it's today, so i understang the lack of rapresentation from that game.

Overall thoughts: After the mess that was their side in Namco X Capcom, Namco seems to have step up a little: more accurate choices and more key franchises over obscure serie like Bravoman or Tarosuke. Despite this though, there some serious flaws and missing rapresentations, so this side of the roster is not completely well excecuted.

SEGA:

*Virtua Fighter: with Street Fighter and Tekken on the other sides, it was obvious that SEGA would have brought its own main fighting game. On the playable side there are Akira Yuki and Pai-Chan, and they are probably the best tank/counter unit in the game for their high stats, skills that cancel guard/counters and only 10% experience for consuming counters. There's also Dural on the villain side, and while she doesn't say anything on its own, she's fine; i just wish at this point there was Kage-Maru as an assist since he's more related to Dural, but whatever.

*Sakura Wars: oh boy, here we go. For some reason, this is the most rapresented franchise in the entire game with 4 playable characters, 2 villains and tons of enemies; on one half of this, it works with Ichiro, Sakura, Aya-Me and the Kouma, but on the other... let's just say that Erica, Gemini and Ciseaux are not interesting at all. I mean yeah, a clumsy nun gunner that dresses as a cat, a cowgirl from texas with a fetish for samurais and a talking rabbit with a giant mecha can be funny sometimes, but not that much. So basically, one half of the rapresentation is fine, the other totally no.

*Shining: i admit that i've played only a few title of this vast series (especially since again, a lot of titles are Japanese exclusives), so i don't know it too much (especially since the title chosen here is Shining Force EXA, that never arrived here in Europe), but from what i can tell, Toma, Cyrille, Riemsianne and her beasts are fascinating, and have a strong story arc with an interesting conclusion. I let judge this by people who knows the series better.

*Resonance of Fate: it's strange, because despite having nailed what to choose to rapresent form this game, its excecution is done terribly. We have Zephyr and Leanne as playable characters with Vashyron as an assist, the Cardinal Garigliano studio as an arena and a bunch of different enemies: problem is, the arena can be forgot really fast for how quick is visited, the enemies are probably some of the most underutilized, and aside for some story with Vashyron during the first chapters, the characters don't have a real story arc. So yeah, good choices, but very bad use of them.

*Valkyria Chronicles: like before, another waste of potential. Let's just say that Kurt, Reala and Imca are not very developed nor interesting and despite my love for Selvaria Bles, her actions as a villain during this game are weird, if not stupid: combine this with the lack of a proper level and dedicated enemies and a better solution would have been having only Selvaria as an assist.

*Fighting Vipers: i didn't played the original game, so i don't think i can judge Bahn properly, but from what i've seen of him, he looks a fine assist (not the most powerful of the game, but useful). Like Batsu though, he kinda sorta feels out of place, but not that much.

*House of the Dead: a peculiar choice here since Rikia Busujima is not a main character nor a gunner per se, but more of a melee fighter in a zombie-infested world. To me, he's the perfect assist to complement the gunner gameplay of the Resident Evil characters, and while he can't make proper justice to the main series, it's still a wise choice to me. Also, the level of the mansion and the enemy selection from this series are ok too.

*Space Channel 5: here's an interesting one since we all know Ulala is more a singer and a journalist than a fighter. The solution of making her summon other old SEGA characters like Opa-Opa, Space Harrier and Scooter then is perfect for her, and it's a good excuse for more rapresentation. I should also point out that the Morolians and Coco Tapioca are placed in the story in a way you actually feel bad for killing them. Like, really, really bad; still, the rapresentation of this franchise to me it's done well.

*Gain Ground: might as well put this too, despite the fact that the only rapresentation from this game are 2 levels. But let me tell you, those levels are quite awesome for how well they're structured and how they scream nostalgia. It makes me wish that there were more level-only franchises like this one.

*Dynamite Cop: ok, no more Mr. Nice Guy. Bruno is crap. Like, completely. I know some people enjoyed his games, but in this title he acts like a grumpy old man (while in reality he should be like Bruce Willis in Die Hard), contributes little to nothing, and he's with no doubt the worst assist of the game (with terrible skills, low damage and terrible hitbox). Definetly the worst choice i think the developers made for the roster.

*Sonic: yeah, you knew this was coming, but still. Sonic has no excuses to be left out of this game: i know that he's not well famous is Japan, but he's still SEGA's main guy, the one that rapresents them first. Again, probably it was because the developers wanted to made a humanoid-only roster, but still, having at least Sonic and Tails playable with Eggman as a villain should have been a priority.

*Bayonetta: like for the Sonic Team games, there is 0 rapresentation from the Platinum Games line on the SEGA side. Now, when Bayonetta came out, one of the most common thoughts at the time was "she should have a crossover with Dante of DMC"; and yet, when this game had the perfect opportunity to have the 2 hunters to encounter each other, for some reason SEGA didn't included Bayonetta. And even if it was for the whole Nintendo publishing reason, she could still have been in the game since it's a Nintendo 3DS exclusive. What a waste.

*Skies of Arcadia: this is one of the titles i hope will recieve more love in the future (like, you know, an HD edition), and considering is also a JRPG, it could have fit well in this game. Vyse and Aika as playable character with Fina as an assist and one of the admirals as a villain would have worked.

*Golden Axe: to be honest, there is a good balance in the SEGA characters between all the eras of the company (early consoles era, Dreamcast era and modern era), but considering that the first era is (for now at least) the more reach in terms of titles, it would haven not hurt having more from it. Having Gillius Thunderhead as an assist, some enemies and a dedicated level would have been enough.

*Phantasy Star: aside from Ulala, the SEGA characters are not very much space-related unlike the other 2 factions. Choosing from this series could have helped to have more variety to the roster, and like Shining, there are a bijillion titles where to choose from.

Overall thoughts: SEGA of Japan in all these years hasn't done a real crossover with its series (most of them were handled by Sumo Digital, a british studio), and it's sadly shown a lot here. Lots of missing key franchises and bad rapresentation of the ones selected make this probably the weakest side of the roster (of course with some exceptions, but they're not enough to save it); ironically, it suffers kinda the opposite problems of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed roster.

Original characters:

*Namco x Capcom: both Reiji and Xiaomu are back in a splendid for if you ask me. The first seems to finally use his brain, and the second has even more jokes and reference than she had in Namco X Capcom. Also, Saya, her 2 beasts and a bunch of Ouma enemies are back, and they work fine too (especially Saya that becomes and assist, that was unexpected).

*Project X Zone: meh, i'm not sure what to think about these two guys. Kogoro has a cool concept but he's underutilized, and Mii has a fascinating backstory, a strong story arc and a cheerful personality, but she's sexualised even more than KOS-MOS and Morrigan. Due, the Belanos bros. and the Oros enemies are a little better, but not that much, and Meden Traore suffers of the classic desease of "final boss that shows as the mastermind of the entire plan in the last 5 minutes".

Overall thoughts: it's good to see that Namco X Capcom wasn't forgotten and this is a proper sequel to it, but the original characters lack substance to them, and the villains are not strong enough plotwise.

Things that could have helped the game:

*More interactions from the original characters: sometimes, Kogoro and Mii don't say anything at all even in situations that they could fit in well. Reiji and Xiaomu are thankfully more energic on this point, but still this risks to reduce the focus on the main original characters.

*More level-only franchise rapresentation: the Gain Ground levels were awesome, hands down one of the more brilliant ideas for the entire game. So of course i could have seen more franchises doing this kind of thing being rapresented not essentially by characters: things like a Fantasy Zone level, a Bionic Commando level, a Dragon Valor level and such. Hopefully the next titles will do something like that.

*More strong villains: i felt that the villains of this game were kinda weak (of course, with some exceptions), especially compared once again to the bad guys of Namco X Capcom. They should have need a boost in terms of character development or at least villanous behaviouring.

Final verdict:

First thing first, let's remove the painful part: yes, this game is very repetitive (especially towards the end), i can understand the frustration factor and the lack of important characters. But believe me, if you like crossovers and tactic RPGs, this will be one of the most fun games you will ever play, trust me. Sure it will not be innovative or groundbreaking (in fact, almost all assets are taken from Namco X Capcom and Super Robot Taisen), but it's still worth both the price and the effort to play it. I really hope there will be more titles like this (even making crossovers between other companies, like Konami, Square-Enix or NiS).

Vote: 7.5-8/10

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 year later...

Hell yes.

In terms of rep, I was content with last time; Fighting Vipers and Space Harrier in the same game! I'd gladly take Honey from Vipers in this one though; and some Burning Rangers too. Oh, and Jet Set Radio!

Of course, there's the bloody "SONIC!!!" issue, which I'm amazed is still a thing. Yes, it's a crossover with SEGA in it , but on the SEGA front it's blatantly orientated towards SEGA's less-known franchises. Pretty much every SEGA release has sodding Sonic in it, he's shown up in Miku by now, I think I can live without him here. I'd have no qualms with him showing up, but folks acting like he's something to push the game into being given a damn about really grinds my gears. 

Anyway, given the original outperformed Namco's western sales expectations, I'm fully expecting it to get localised; hell, it was at an event in Milan, I think it's all but confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, research did: apparently the article that was cancelled seems to be reliable since another title announced at the event reported there (Saint Seiya Soldier's Soul) turned out to be true. Still not to be trusted at 100% though, but you're allowed to keep your hopes up.

PS: I'm still salty as fuck for not knowing anything about this event.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game has Megaman. After Smash, I wouldn't mind Pacman, Megaman, and Sonic in the same game again.

This game has Megaman. After Smash, I wouldn't mind Pacman, Megaman, and Sonic in the same game again.

I much rather have a Fighting game over another RPG game, I mean, this would be freaking perfect for one of Capcom's famous crossover fighters, but oh well.

And yeah, I understand trying to give characters more exposure and having the game mostly have human characters, but still not having at least the Mascot-like characters in is kinda weird, at least for SEGA and Namco, Capcom at least has one of the many incarnations of Mega Man in the game (seriously, the moves they gave him in this game as well as Classic Mega Man in smash, how the hell could they not have had him in Marvel 3!??). 

For the SEGA side for sure, they need the Skies of Arcadia team of Vyse, Aika and Fina with Rameriz as a villain.

A Madou Monogatari/Puyo Puyo Team of Arle, Rulue, and Schezo with Satan as the series baddy, being how popular Puyo Puyo is in japan, I would definitely expect some kind of representation from Puyo Puyo. 

If they bring back Bahn, pair him up with Honey, seriously at this point Honey is way more well known than Bahn, course that's thanks to her Sonic universe counterpart.

Axe Battler, Tyris Flare and Gillius is too obvious, with the badass Death Adder as a boss.

Streets of Rage....I'm fine with just Axel and Blaze, I don't care who's the assist

Would also enjoy some Gunstar Heroes love with Red and Blue, or Green by himself as a solo unit going 7 Force on some poor fool.

Sonic. Tails and Knuckles with baddy Dr. Eggman makes the most sense for Sonic representation

Oh, and I can't leave out the Sega Hard Girls!

Capcom can do whatever they want, but for fucks sake, give Breath of Fire and Power Stone some love, that's all I ask.

I ain't too familiar with Namco's stuff, but  would bring back Klonoa and some Soul Caliber representations.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6KGwZ0sKiA

SHINOBI'S JOE MUSASHI AND YAKUZA'S KIRIYU AND 'MR GET TO THE TOP' MAJIMA REP'D AW YEAH SON SOMEONE HOLD ME

• 1 month later...

A bit of a late news reguarding the original game (hence why i'm posting here and not in the new one's thread): someone digged the code of the game, and something interesting popped up. More specifically, an unused sprite for Sakuya Tachibana (a character from the first God Eater game); you can see it here after Aura's sprites.

Also, according to the development team, they also wanted to use Gilliam Yager (form Super Robot Wars) and Rick Taylor (from Splatterhouse) but couldn't do due to time restrictions.

Makes me wonder if any of these cutted characters will appear in the sequel.