Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

I know in Sonic 2 he messed you up on the Special Stages a lot, but come on... tongue.png

And bosses

And enemies

And didn't have a use other than to screw you over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Side characters?

See my post about 5 pages or so back where I did an entry on Linebeck. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Favorite Side Character in a Videogame

500px-Sonic%20Advance%203.png

Let's get some more Tails rep up in this bitch.

Tails is the de facto videogame sidekick. He is the Robin to Sonic's Batman- except better, and the spicy gay undercurrent isn't as strong. He's got a lot of Sonic's trademark abilities yet he doesn't hog the spotlight. He's one of the few Sonic characters who provided a really FUN gameplay alternative with his flying and swimming. I also think that he's got one of the best designs in the entire series. He's basic and colorful, yet unique. I wish ALL Sonic characters were this creative.

I'm really glad he's making a comeback in Sonic 4 Episode 2.

Honorable Mention

359px-Luigi_MP9.png

Luigi. Mario's younger twin brother. Is he fraternal or is his nutrition just that different?

Either way, I picked Luigi for the same reason I picked Tails. He's a lot like the main hero, although lacking in self-confidence, and provides a fun gameplay alternative. There's a charm to both their characters that I like.

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 20 - Favorite Side Character from a Video Game

Catwoman

Well, what can I say? I like my characters fast and agile.

I like her humor with cat puns, relaxed nature and the way she plays in a Spider-Man style really makes her better to me, since I always liked that type of gameplay with the swing, ceiling walking and rope traps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Twentieth: Favourite Side Character

kasumi-dlc-pack-ss-01.jpg

Mass Effect 2: Kasumi Goto

You know what I can't stand? The bubbly character that's mandatory in every JRPG adventuring party. So you'd expect me to get instantly turned off by a cheerful Japanese kleptomaniac. But no! Kasumi manages to tone down the bubbly level to where it actually resembles a human personality, and a fun one at that.

From the moment Kasumi's DLC arrived I was tempted to bring her along on every single mission, because her cheerful voice and endless supply of lampshades are the perfect antidote to the melodrama and heavy-handed dialogue pervading MA2. That she has one of the most awesome and useful attack skills seals the deal. She can cloak, run up behind an enemy, and then backstab them for major damage. The best part is that she can then return to cover WITHOUT DYING! That's downright amazing compared to the suicidal nature of the other squad members.

What sets Kasumi above all the other side characters I've enjoyed playing alongside is that she defies the ridiculously overused "hidden depths" trope. She never pretends like she doesn't have issues, and you don't have to get past her defences to uncover her true personality. Maybe it's because she's a DLC character and therefore has a shortened storyline, but finally having someone emotionally stable along who's willing to open up without a crowbar is such a breath of fresh air.

(And yes, Mordin is a very, VERY close second)

Mines is a contention from two rival franchises. Heck, they'll be meeting soon actually.

80px-MayaFey.png

Maya Fey from Phoenix Wright. Some may call her Nick's sidekick but fans of the series will know Phoenix is more under her thumb. Latest head of the Fey Spirit medium has had Maya in the limelight for many a mystery and heck, she makes you laugh during them. She is a perfect follower to Phoenix.

120px-LukeTriton.png

Luke Triton from Professor Layton. Luke is a clever lad who is professor Layton's apprentice. Normally we hear things fom Luke's point of view so we know how he feels and there is just something likeable about him. From his animal talking ways to his glutteny, Luke is a great addition to gaming.

• Thumbs Up 2

2059854-groose_artwork_box_art.png

Groose

Cmon, this guy HAD to be on this list, Groose is what made Skyward Sword for me. from the beginning hes played as your typical arrogant high school- jock-esque character, and you would expect the plot to forget about him as it started to move.

No such luck.

Sometime through the game you get skyraped by Groose as he isnt the type of guy to do sit and nothing, he still thinks he's tough shit and still thinks hes the only one who can save Zelda, but then he gets a shock to the system after he's scared shitless by the Imprisoned battle, that's when his character development starts to pick up. He at first he feels useless but after some coaxing from the old woman at the sealed grounds, Groose does the next logical thing, build a bomb catapult in order to help for the next Imprisoned Battle. And trust me, you have no idea how fuckinguseful that bomb catapult was. It is here that Groose finally comes a laid back cool guy, and finally leaves Link to do his own thing and save Zelda. Not to mention that the guy is utterly hilarious, mostly because of the noises and faces he makes.

I just love how he develops. over the course of the story. He goes from a arrogant jock to a useful companion hell he even saves Zelda at one point, that's just awesome to me.

148121593_small.jpg

Daxter

As I said, Daxter is the best sidekick ever, hes awesome because he doesn't do a damn thing, yet takes all the credit. I find it utterly hilarious how Jak doesn't even care, he just lets Daxter act like a arrogant prick, getting all the chicks and such. Nearly every cutscene he's in, he steals the show by doing some really stupid shit, or getting some hilariously great lines. Great examples are whenever he's in a scene with Krew, the incessant fat jokes are just side splitting.

327470-250px_medli_large.jpg

Medli

I dunno why, I just find her adorable. Her relationship with Prince Komali is one of big sister type, which I find endearing. But what really made me shine up to her, was her awakening as the Earth Sage, a great little scene comes up, even though she knows it's her duty to go to the Earth Temple, and help restore the Master Sword. She still sad about leaving her home and everyone she knew (especially Komali), it's kinda sad in a way, they never really showed this kind emotion with the sages in OoT.

Not to mention that's shes insanely helpful in the Earth Temple and makes me wonder why they dont do this kind of thing more often.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 4

My favorite side character is

10302-tails.jpg

Tails

Like I mentioned before, I had another side character I liked as much as Luigi, and it was Tails. Some people consider Tails the Luigi of the Sonic series, and it fits in some respects with the character's beginning. He wasn't the hero Sonic was but, he followed Sonic around to learn how to be one. Also like Luigi, he has some techniques that actually make him BETTER than the main hero in some respects. I mean, he can freakin' fly and swim while all Sonic can do is the insta-shield and homing attack. When I was little, I only ever played as Tails in Sonic 3.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Day 20 - Favorite Side Character from a Video Game

The minor protagonists, the sidekicks, NPCs etc., all of them go here.

Wow, that's a wide spectrum of material. If it means any supporting characters, then here's what I pick.

bigthecatchannel.gif

Sonic The Hedgehog Series: Big The Cat

I've never kept this a secret. And I will say it again. Big The Cat is one of the most ultimate of my favourite fictional characters.

He's a freakin' genius and a most trusted friend anyone can ask for.

He has no worries, does what he wants, he enjoys hanging out with his friends and will protect them at the cost of his carefree nature.

You might not like the fishing aspect of his game play, but that was only in one game. (two if you count the remake) So get over it!!

He's everything I wish I was...

And you can't forget his rockin' awesome theme song. "Hey big guy! Hey little guy!"

Honourable Mention:

tails9.png

Sonic The Hedgehog Series: Miles 'Tails' Prower

The idea of playing as the sidekick that can assist the hero was very appealing to me, (and still is.) this may have been the very first moment my enjoyment of helping others revealed itself, I would collect rings, attack badniks and leap on Robotnik without a care in the world, as well as get bored during underwater levels if I die or disappear.

Move onto Sonic 3 and things get even better as now Tails can manually fly and carry Sonic as well as swim in an adorable fashion. If we where worried about being crushed by the the sand in Sandopolis Act 2, I would simply fly Sonic to the upper area without releasing the sand. I'd sometimes fly into Robotnik during the Marble Garden Act 2 boss, Sonic would lose all his rings and fall, but I would be fine. Team working the Sandopolis Act 1 boss was fun too, Sonic would distract the golem while I hit it from behind. I'd have to connect S&K to Sonic 3 to get the same experience from the Sonic & Knuckles levels. Like getting hit by the fake capsule boss in Flying Battery Act 1 while Sonic spin dashes away, or pounding on Knuckles solo while Sonic just watches. Nothings funnier then swimming away while Sonic is drowning, of course sometimes my bro would take me with him by jumping at Tails so Sonic grabs and pulls him back down so we both drown.

300pxetnabigdisgaea2.jpg

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness: Etna

When the red moon laughs, she'll sneak to your bedside by night

Showing her gleaming fangs, she'll give you a kiss

There's no escape

Tonight a dangerous lady has made you her target

She'll enchant all the men

She's a spider queen

Setting a daring trap

To grant a forbidden dream

Death to those who interfere!

She won't give up the position of "heroine"

Annihilating angels and demons alike

The devilish pretty girl Etna

She's a cruel, cowardly, cold-blooded, heartless, wicked woman

Howl more, more! The underdogs' words of praise

They're pleasing

Idiot! She doesn't love you

She'll only use you

When she tires of drinking your blood she'll throw you away

Dance, dance, dance

In the palm of my hand

The fallen clowns' masquerade

If he's unprepared

She can poison even a god

Attack from the shadows, surprise attack, deception attack

Rules are useless for survival

Death to those who interfere!

She won't give up the position of "heroine"

Annihilating angels and demons alike

The innocent maiden Etna

350pxaxelbigdisgaea2.jpg

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories: Axel/Akutare

Boil the black blood, hot burning fire in my heart!

That name is also Dark Hero

Appearing suddenly through a white cloud of smoke, show me baby

A hero who doesn't waste his breath

There’s no regrets in the past you threw away, say goodbye

The road of men soaked in the bad end…

..even knowing the love you can forgive…

…more than times of injury, I want you with me

The solitary lonely wolf who engraves a new history…

…and lives on with dandyism

An awkward white tiger…

…that name is also Dark Hero Akutare

Appearing suddenly through a white cloud of smoke, show me baby

A hero who doesn’t waste his breath

There’s no regrets in the past you threw away, say goodbye

The road of men soaked in the bad end…

..even knowing the love you can forgive…

…more than times of injury, I want you with me

The solitary lonely wolf who engraves a new history…

…and lives on with dandyism

An awkward white tiger…

…that name is also Dark Hero Akutare

Several NIS Games: Asagi

asagi8.png

What else needs to be said?

u10602182.jpg

Several NIS Games: Pleinair

• Thumbs Up 4

Day Numbero Twentyzig - Ninja's Side kickingly Awesome "makes Kami's picks look like incompetend Fools", Favourite Side Characters Ever!

Looker_Adventures.png

Handsome guy, ain't he?

Looker is everything I Love about a good Memorable side character. He is amusing in his Antics, Makes appearances Just to make you want more of him, Suprisingly Competend in his ways and in the end has his Moments to shine and prove he can Kick ass. While most of the 3rd Edition Pokemon games brough forth Enjoyable Characters like Him, Looker beats them all by Far.

293px-Dick_Gumshoe_GK2.png

Not really a Dick at all, seriously

What goes for Looker goes for Gumshoe too, His Child-like attitude never ceases to make me smile and he has a Heart of Gold like Noone else, always managing to brighten up any kind of Dark situation, and you Just gotta Love this guys Loyalty to both Phoenix and Edgeworth.

195206-yangus_large.jpg

axe Him about his Axe, go ahead, he is Nice.

Yangus is a Type of Character I wished there was more of. He looks like a Generic Tough Guy who usually would cause all sorts of Harm to you, but behind the rough exterior is a Guy that literally would go through Hell for His Guv.

Thats not to say Yangus can't Kick Ass, considering that in a Bar Fight he is more then Willing to Grab a Chair while someone else is still sitting on it, not to Mention all sorts of Kickass Attacks ge can Larn over the course of the Game.

also COR BLIMEY!!

Honorable Mentions:

Garrus Valkarian and Urdnot Wrex, Mass Effect series: These two were my Main Squad Mates in ME1, and by Far my favourite Characters in the series as a whole. The Two of them are Interesting, Enjoyable to watch and Have some Great Dialogue to Offer.

Tails, Sonic Franchise: Obligatory Pick again but yeah. Tails cool. He is cute and Created some Interesting Machines in the Past and certanly has Shown that he can his own in a Fight.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 20 - Favorite Side Character

beneath-a-steel-sky-remastered-iphone-intro-video_1.jpg

Joey - Beneath a Steel Sky

Joey is the main character's self-built robot buddy. He's quite useful, scanning items for you, going in places restricted to you, and generally being a big help. He's snarky at times too, calling you out when you ask him to scan something completely ordinary, like a rope or a pipe, or giving his nonhuman opinion on things. A fun part of his character is that his personality changes slightly depending on what robot you put his memory in. It's like a wide range of stereotypical robot characters, a body with a welding tool makes him jokingly homicidal, an android body makes him shockingly friendly and polite, etc. Overall the first thing that popped into my head one of my favorite sidekicks, and it's a shame they didn't give him more lines.

Christ, I always pick the obscure ones...

Runner Up:

Max - Sam & Max: I really like the funny adventure game sidekicks, don't I? He's a good character, and it's fun to watch how he reacts to everything in his own little way.

Edited by Swift
  • Thumbs Up 1

282lxqf.jpg

Tatl from Zelda: Majora's Mask

Among many of Majora's Masks MAJOR improvements over Ocarina of Time was the dialogue. It was handled by a different guy than all the previous Zeldas, and boy did he know how to write some compelling characters. Maybe the source material he was translating was better too, but damn, Tatl just blew the rather characterless Navi right out the water and was one of the many little things that really gave Majora's Mask a different flavour. Totally cocky and frequently doubting and sarcastic (especially when you ask her for advice on enemies that were in Ocarina of Time also), she also gets some nice development throughout the story as Link's heroism and kind-heartedness rubs off on her - but not in a way that ever completely changes her character.

Even by the end, she thinks it'd be far more sensible to just run away rather than dive head-first into the final encounter, and needs to be convinced by you and her brother to go on ahead (though still decides you're "both really stupid" before doing so).

Honourable mentions:

Alyx from Half-Life 2 and it's episodes

Think I've mentioned her before but can't remember for what day. Beautifully written and believable, never a burden or annoying during gameplay, probably one of the only female protagonists out there that manages to make you fall in love with her without even so much as a flash of her ankles. It's all in just how real they made her. She's argueably become more a main character to the series than the mute player character, Gordon Freeman himself.

Goombella from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Another "spunky but cute" assistant character like Tatl (though not quite as sharp with her wit) who, again like Tatl, manages to make you completely forget about her equivilent from the previous game. I dunno she's just kind of adorable. I always got her out for the story important cut-scenes so I could hear her dialogue for it over the other helper characters in your party.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

Agro

330px-Shadow_of_the_Colossus_Intro_1667.jpg

This horse stuck with you while your crazy ass just had to save some sleepy bitch by killing titans and shit. This horse was the original brony. Stuck by your climbing ass when shit was just too crazy. The damn thing shows loyalty to your pussy whipped behind getting in and out of trouble constantly.

shadow-of-the-colossus-top.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 20 - Best side character

I'm freaking busy right now so I'll keep it short again...

sqjoxcbywd7.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog (series) - Miles "Tails" Prower.

What can I say about Tails? Back in the day I really felt identified with the little guy because... Who didn't want to be Sonic? Who didn't want to hang out with Sonic, or do at least half the awesome stunts he did...

So Tails felt like the player character for me, his admiration and drive to be as awesome as his hero was are treats that I always liked about him... And he sure did his damn best to be able to help his hero/big bro/friend (and sometimes be a hero himself), he might not be able to be as fast as him, but Tails had it's own share of talents that more than once managed to get the blue blur himself out of a pinch.

marblegarden22.png

THE REAL SUPERPOWER OF TEAMWORK!!1!

So what about those talents? Well, Tails might not be Sonic but he manages to spin his appendages with enough force to be pretty damn fast by himself, he can also fly! And that's a freaking awesome skill in a platformer (Easy mode?)...

As the games went by we discovered more about him, that he was also smart enough to drive and make some fixes to Sonic's plane the Tornado (though nowadays it seems like foxboy is the new owner of the plane since Sonic rarely uses it anyways), establish his own workshop and develop many other instruments that would be fundamental in future adventures...

Not to mention he can be freaking adorable whenever he wants to.

Sonic_Colors_-_Pound_It_J.jpg

Brofist.

The current games might have not been so kind to him (and TBH the same could be said to everyone who are not Sonic or Eggman), but I still like the little fox... If I could I would like to spend a bit more time talking about him (and by that I mean posting all his awesome moments during the games like I did with the other 2 " ), but today wasn't the right day for this. sad.png

Honorable mentions: Once again too many to list, but Luigi, and Knuckles would be the most prominent choices (I guess?).

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 6

Day #20 (or 2/3 of the way through for those keeping count) - Kami's highly memorable "much better that Ninja's chumps who are really hobos that wandered on set" Favourite Side Characters.

For my pick, I'll have to go with two top choices. the First of those would be...

220px-sonic-and-sega-all-stars-racing.png

I find Big to be a pretty great addition to the Sonic cast, mainly because he contrasts the rest of the cast so much. Big's large and portly design contrasts that of the short and noodley design all of the other heroes use, but Big still manages to look like he fits with the rest of the cast. His personality is also something I enjoy, since he's such a laid-back guy, who just wants to live in peace with his pollywog pal, but things keep dragging him away (that world won't stay safe without him after all~).

The second character is...

250px-WaluigiMP8a.PNG

I like Waluigi much for the same reasons I like Wario. They're both arrogant bastards who think they're the greatest things since 1-up Mushrooms, and they're not afraid to let ya know. Waluigi in particular comes across as really big-headed (no relation to the above), because he's quick to accuse everyone and anyone of cheating against him (even though he's likely to be the one cheating). It's kinda hard to say more on Waluigi, since he's kinda been limited in appearances.

Honourable Mentions

Vector - I find Vector pretty amusing, since he always acts in an over-the-top manner in his greedy pursuit of cash. His design is also pretty neat

Orbot and Cubot - These two guys are a pretty great set of characters if ya ask me. They help flesh out Eggman as a character, and add some much needed comedy to the series.

Tails and Luigi - The eternal sidekicks. Every hero needs one, and Mario and Sonic got some of the best. They're always there to lend a hand, and they're just as capable as the hero when the situation calls for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 20: Favorite Side Character

200px-LuigiNSMBWii.PNG

Boring answer ahoy!

But seriously, Luigi is awesome. He's every bit as awesome as his big brother and can do everything Mario can - in fact, he can jump higher and run faster than Mario. So why is he the sidekick? Why aren't they the Super Luigi Bros.? I mean, yeah, I guess he's a bit of a wuss, but at the same time he has proven - in just about every game where he's playable - that he can get over his fears and kick some @$$ if the situation calls for it. I mean, he explored every room of a haunted freakin' mansion and dealt with all of the dangers thereof to save his big brother. Hey, there's something to think about. He once had to save Mario.

Luigi is amazing and deserves more credit.

My favorite Side character.... Hmmm....

781px-Bb_event_tager_01.png

Nooooooooooooo...not the one with the huge boobs. I mean the cat.

JUBEI (BLAZBLUE)

If every series had a "Chuck Norris" character, I guess it'd be Jubei. This guy is a freakin' boss. At first, he's seen as "that one cat guy that appears out of nowhere", but gets a lot more relevant as the story progresses. Believe me, A LOT... more relevant.

SPOILERS BELOW.

For one, he's the master of the main character for cryin' out loud! Also, he's the father of one of the important characters in this game. What else? Let's talk about his awesomeness for a second. First, as you see in the picture, he's able to stop an extremely powerful cyborg's punch with one hand, he's actually the one who delivers the final blow for a character's Astral Finish, AND...he's one of the game's Legendary Six Heroes, along with resident troll Hazama and White Knight Hakumen. Is that enough for ya?

Aside from all those things, I really like this guy because he's extremely wise. He gives good advice to many of the characters that actually helps them. He's not one of the preachy types, because the guy has most likely experienced all their problems at least once. And he's a freakin' cat. XD

Since there are no pictures of the next ones, I'll just straight tell you.

HOWARD & KREESE (MADWORLD)

Howard: "It's my favorite time of day again!"

Kreese: "Ooh, time to huff some paint?"

Howard: "No."

Kreese: "Time to take a dump?"

Howard: "No."

Kreese: "Well then I give up, what time is it?"

Howard: "Time for another Bloodbath Challenge!"

Kreese: "Well if you need me, I'll be taking a dump while huffing some paint."

Howard: "So predictable."

Kreese: "OW, fucker! You shot me!"

Howard: "What'd you expect, fucktard, did you think I was gonna shoot myself?"

Anyone who's played MadWorld should already know. But for those who don't, these guys are the game's commentators. Nobody usually likes commentators in anything, but these two are different. Why? THEY'RE ACTUALLY FUNNY!! The duo. voiced by Greg Proops (Star Wars, Bob the Builder) and John DiMaggio (Futurama, Chowder, Adventure Time), deliver quick-witted, side-splitting comedy for the player to enjoy while killing numerous people. The awesome thing about the humor is that it never gets old. I could listen to their commentary all day. Seriously, without these two, this game probably wouldn't be half as good as it is. YAY FOR DARK HUMOR! XD lol

Edited by Alien/Renegade
  • Thumbs Up 3

Couldn't really decide on one, so it's a three way tie:

2702147434_88c194091c_z.jpg

Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog series)

I really enjoy Knuckles' character. He's got a cool design, an interesting backstory, a great voice (I've always liked Dan Green's/Travis Willingham's portrayal of him than any of the others, to be honest.), he puts up one heck of a fight, and he's just plain FUN to play as. Plus, on top of all that, there's his great relationship with Sonic. While Sonic and Tails are always buddy buddy with each other, Knuckles has a very entertaining friendly rivalry with the blue blur that always leads to some hilarious/awesome scenes. The interactions between the two are so much fun, that it's such a shame that Knuckles doesn't appear more often. (You'd think after all of the Sonic only and Sonic and Tails only games recently, they'd start to work Knuckles back in.)

RCWProtoManB.jpg

Proto Man (Mega Man series)

Proto Man is another cool character. He's always around to help out Mega Man whenever he needs it and despite just being a prototype, can hold his own in battle with the best of them. He's also got a very cool look (Though, I'm partial to his Break Man design over his Proto Man one.) and his whistle is one of the most iconic video game sounds of all time.

200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif

Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

I've always liked Geno. Having an enigmatic character in a Mario game that you knew nothing about was very unique and I loved his look and powers. His journey to repair the Star Road was very interesting and from his introduction to his departure at the end, he always intrigued me. Geno is the one Mario RPG character that I really wish Nintendo would use again. I'd love to see what else they could do with him.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

DAY #20 - FAVORITE SIDE CHARACTERS

kingdom-hearts-ii-20060110095254051.jpg

Goofy & Donald have got to be my favorite side characters. You love them as Disney characters, so you'll love them as side characters on your Action-RPG adventure. They are quite funny and lovable. I just love Donald's voice actor. They are also awesome to have in battle. Donald restores your HP and does magic while Goofy helps you fight off enemies. It makes getting rid of enemy forces so much more easier.

Well, besides the retarded moments when Donald uses fire magic on fire resistant/absorbing enemies.

• Thumbs Up 3

murray2.gif

I've gone real Adventure Gamey in these last few posts.

Murray is just one of LeChuck's undead army, who's been hit by a cannonball. Early in The Curse of Monkey Island, Guybrush has a quick conversation with him, and takes his disembodied arm. In their brief conversation, we quickly see how bloodthirsty, but useless, Murray is. And that's it.

Well, that was the plan.

For you see, Part 1 of CMI was released as a demo, and the fans absolutely loved him. The developers acted fast, and he popped up a few more times later on, even being used as a solution to a puzzle where he finally got to scare someone:

Yes, a minor, joke character was so popular in a demo the developers made him essential to the game (and put him in the sequel). Danny Delk also does an amazing job with his voice.

An honourable mention goes to Dan, from Ben There Dan That! and Time Gentlemen Please! To be fair, Ben is great too; its a fantastic double act. They both love the fact they're in an adventure game, but Dan revels in being the sidekick. He will purposefully be useless in most situations, because that's what sidekicks do. When he finally does help out, he won't let you forget it. In TGP, for the one puzzle where you play as Dan, he becomes petrified. He's not the hero! He's meant to be snarky and witty, not figure out puzzles! He will panic at everything, including "Look at cabinet", as he doesn't know what counts as a useful item to take or not. A very funny self-inserted character.

• Thumbs Up 3

ALRIGHT! LET'S GO!

IB6MB.png

Luigi.

Already explained why when asked about my favourite Main Characters, check it out.

Pnrfz.png

Tails.

Remember the Marble Garden Zone boss battle, Sonic? Yes, you do. Where would you be NOW without this guy? Not only he is Klonoa-level of cute, he is also a genius capable to stand against Eggman. Who saved Station Square from a bomb that would have wiped it out? Certainly not Sonic. Remember Sonic Adventure 2? Tails was fooled by Eggman, but Sonic still trusted Tails, even in what he thought was his darkest hour. Keep your Speed, Sonic. The brain of this little fella is his most powerful weapon.

Oh, yeah. It seems that I have forgotten a character. Must be someone useless. Ugly. Someone who, most probably, gets stucked with all the bad luck all the time.

WAIT.

7DPdC.jpg

DONALD FAUNTLEROY DUCK.

I hacked the game just to play as this fella. I would hack any game to play as this fella. even God of War or Metal Gear. The world must know my (platonic) love for this character. You must love him.

OTHERWISE I WILL KILL YOU.

Edited by Phantom Nald

I LOVE Murray! I played Day of the Tentacle after Curse of Monkey Island, and immediatelly went "Oh my god, it's Murray!" after hearing Purple Tentacle's voice. He voices such great comic relief villains.

DAY 20 - FAVOURITE SIDE CHARACTER

With this one, there's no question.

tvswv.jpg

.....................? What?

*looks up*

wtf-emu-meme-generator-my-god-what-have-i-done-622484.jpg

OKAY, LET'S FORGET THAT EVER HAPPENED SHALL WE

Favourite Side Characters

LuigiMansion2-LuigiKingBoo.png

Luigi Mario

168tails.jpg

Miles "Tails" Prower

These two represent the one side of us that we usually don't tend to show: the "little brother" side. For that reason alone, these two are role models.

Luigi and Tails, they've had a lot to step up to, being overshadowed by their heroes/older brothers. Luigi was always the number 2 and usual buttmonkey, at the end of everyone's jokes. Tails, he was the nerd with a physical anomaly, and thus was picked on by his peers.

Their first steps into heroism weren't easy either. Tails was shoved into adulthood at the tender age of four and always had to rely on Sonic. Luigi, despite pitching in as much effort as Mario would, was always left ignored.

These two though are the purest example of hidden badassery. Take Luigi for example.

Mario goes onto constant adventures with Luigi tagging along. Luigi is prone to getting easily frightened and has numerous fears, but goes with him anyway, through blistering winds, scorching deserts, climbing to the highest caves of the tallest mountains, ghost mansions (of which he's especially afraid of), and to Bowser's Keep.

At one point, Mario gets kidnapped by King Boo, and Luigi is the only one capable of rescuing him.

The one who is incredibly, easily prone to fright takes the job, despite his worst fears, having to go through a giant mansion for the sole purpose to save his brother!

Luigi gains the seal of certified badassery.

And Tails. Like Luigi to Mario, he always accompanied Sonic during his many adventures. However, he was constantly relying on the blue blur for everything.

Then came Sonic Adventure. Tails gains independence by going after Eggman alone to stop him from reactivating a freaking nuke. Getting there, Eggman loses his patience with Tails and brings out the Egg Walker, menacingly ordering Tails to back off or get killed. And you know how incredibly scared he was, but despite the uncertain tone of his voice, he stands his ground and prepares to fight.

"I'm not scared.... I'm not scared...! I can do this!"

He takes down Eggman's mech without Sonic's aid. He beat Eggman without his brother's guidance or assistance.

Being the modest little sucker he is though, it was adorable seeing him smiling like there was no tomorrow afterwards.

From then on, Tails became an independent, certified badass.

That's why these two are my favourites.

• Thumbs Up 9