Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Drop Sheik, replace with Skyward Sword Impa.

With "jump offscreen" transformation sequence.

But I'd take Groose over the obligatory "other" Link any day. I wonder if Ganon will suck this time around.

How to make the best Smash Bros in 3 easy steps.

Replace Ganon with Ghirahim.

Replace Toon Link with Groose.

Play Groose's theme on every stage and menu.

And the Smash fans never fought again.

How to make the best Smash Bros in 3 easy steps.

Replace Ganon with Ghirahim.

Replace Toon Link with Groose.

Play Groose's theme on every stage and menu.

And the Smash fans never fought again.

Fix'd.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, but which Groose theme? The standard one, or the depression remix? :V

I wonder if Zelda will get some cool moves to replace the three Goddess attacks. Maybe have her Blue Loftwing for an UpB, the sailcloth as a gliding apparatus, the orange cocoon she encased herself in as a shield or a replacement for Nayru's Love, etc. SS Zelda's gonna be fun to use if her moveset is tailored to match, and not just the Melee/Brawl moveset again.

Edited by Bobbyjosh

Less Sheik, more Groose. Yep.

As for physics engines, I feel like it would be fun to incorporate all three of the previous engines to pick and choose at the player's discretion in an options select or something. Keep the Smash 4 engine up for story modes and everything else, let the Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl engines be last-minute unlockables that can be used in Multiplayer mode.

It would be a metric ton of data to implement, and time would have to be taken to make sure every minute detail is bugless as a result of it, but hey, at the end, no one could feasibly bitch about it.

In theory it sounds like an optimal solution, but in reality it would be extremely impractical. Creating 4 physics engines would also require characters to be individually built around said physics engine if you want it to be at all good. It would take so much development time and resources. Time and resources that they simply wouldn't have. It would make a lot more sense to just build one well rounded physics engine and build characters around that.

Replace Ganon? :/ His history with with the series should keep him a place in Smash always.

I say keep him if given another, completely new moveset.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's only one thing I want to see in the new Smash Brothers for sure: an online mode that isn't completely broken. Hopefully Nintendo's new online infrastructure is up to snuff, because boy oh boy was Brawl's online a disappointment. Even now, four years later, matchmaking refuses to work for me half of the time, and when it does it's laggy as hell.

Edited by Original Character Blonic
  • Thumbs Up 4

There's only one thing I want to see in the new Smash Brothers for sure: an online mode that isn't completely broken. Hopefully Nintendo's new online infrastructure is up to snuff, because boy oh boy was Brawl's online a disappointment. Even now, four years later, matchmaking refuses to work for me half of the time, and when it does it's laggy as hell.

You're way behind XD we've all been asking for this for almost the entirety of this topic XD 100% agreed though

You're way behind XD we've all been asking for this for almost the entirety of this topic XD 100% agreed though

Well, I *could* read through 69 pages...but nah laugh.png

No, we need to keep Das Boot.

I say keep his down-air, and change just about everything else.

It really is a crime how much they screwed him up in this series, especially considering he's got the potential for an extremely unique moveset and character type.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I *could* read through 69 pages...but nah laugh.png

lol69

I hope Wario gets a moveset more reminescent of his Wario Land appearances; his Dash Attack needs to be his Standard Special, to start.

lol69

I hope Wario gets a moveset more reminescent of his Wario Land appearances; his Dash Attack needs to be his Standard Special, to start.

A little like this?

A little like this?

Damnit Project M why do you have to fix everything? (lol JK, project M's awesome)

Edited by Zero

• 4 months later...

I wonder how much actual gameplay that trailer will show off, though...we don't have much of an idea of how far the production has gone along, either.

All I can honestly hope for is that with the help of Namco-Bandai, the game is more well balanced compared to the past games.

Production for that game started last June.
If it's anything like Brawl's trailer, we'll get a mix of gameplay and CGI.

• Thumbs Up 1

Regarding third-party characters, I think they should be available via DLC if the Wii U supports it.

• 1 month later...

Regarding third-party characters, I think they should be available via DLC if the Wii U supports it.

Regarding third-party characters, I doubt Masahiro Sakurai will support introducing more of them "willy-nilly" as it is a Nintendo fighting game not a multi third party crossover fighting game. Perhaps you should play Super Smash Flash fan-game if you want to play as third parties.

Obviously there will be 3rd party characters in the game, but it would probably still only be 2, if at the very least, 3 3rd parties.

And going way way back in this topic, I don't see how Sonic is "guaranteed" to have a spot in the next Smash Bros. at all. He's not a 1st or 2nd party character, and yes while Sega has had good chemistry with Nintendo, that doesn't mean anything considering how alot of other companies are the same with Ninty.

Sorry guys but having a few games with Mario doesn't cemet anything, and I'd be very surprised if Sakurai actually kept Sonic in, as I'd rather have some other 3rd parties like Megaman or Rayman have a shot in the game, considering how there will probably only be 2 or 3 spots in the game.

With Namco working on this as well, Pac-Man seems like the most logical and obvious 3rd party character. I doubt someone from say Tekken would get in, though  not on the regards of them looking out of place because hey, Snake was in Brawl and they made him fit in with the rest.

And while I'm at it, does anybody else agree that the leader from The Wonderful 101 would be a nice character in the game? I could see him using some pretty cool moves from his game.