Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

That's actually pretty neat. I never knew what it was before and just took a wild guess that it was a symbol showing that the screen re-oriented itself when turned vertical, like a smartphone does.

It's amazing that even though the PS4 and Xbox One are selling better, the Wii U is still talked about more. So the Wii U is popular, just for the wrong reasons.

It's amazing that even though the PS4 and Xbox One are selling better, the Wii U is still talked about more. So the Wii U is popular, just for the wrong reasons.

That's because SSMB is mostly filled with Nintendo owners. Like NeoGAF talk more about Sony then any other.

But that's not to say Wii U isn't popular, it is.

But that's not to say Wii U isn't popular, it is.

Hard to say its "Popular", at the moment its got its niche appeal though.

Well, I think the point is even the people that don't like Nintendo can't seem to stop talking about them. For whatever reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

Weren't the PS3 and 360 notoriously difficult to learn to develop for, though? I mean, that's pretty much the whole reason they both moved on to x84 architecture instead of continuing with the bizarre shit they were doing before. 

I mean, I'm not trying to go out of my way to make everything look bad, but I just don't see how this is supposed to be a good thing when Sony in particular was touting their new system for being way easier to develop for. I don't pay much attention to Microsoft PR so I can't comment on that, but even then I keep reading about how porting between the PS4, Xbox One, and PC is easier than ever. 

eShop games of the week: Dr. Luigi, F1 Race Stars, Virtual Console

This week's Wii U and 3DS downloads

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/56668/eshop-games-of-the-week-dr-luigi-f1-race-stars-virtual-console/

£13.49 for Dr. Luigi?! What are you smoking, Nintendo?

Uh, I'd pay that, haha. ^^;

Weren't the PS3 and 360 notoriously difficult to learn to develop for, though? I mean, that's pretty much the whole reason they both moved on to x84 architecture instead of continuing with the bizarre shit they were doing before. 

I mean, I'm not trying to go out of my way to make everything look bad, but I just don't see how this is supposed to be a good thing when Sony in particular was touting their new system for being way easier to develop for. I don't pay much attention to Microsoft PR so I can't comment on that, but even then I keep reading about how porting between the PS4, Xbox One, and PC is easier than ever.

The point isn't that it is easier than PS4 or Xbox One, but that it isn't worse than 360 or PS3, which was the whole issue originally. Current Gen. comparisons for portability is a completely different issue.

The point isn't that it is easier than PS4 or Xbox One, but that it isn't worse than 360 or PS3, which was the whole issue originally. Current Gen. comparisons for portability is a completely different issue.

I suppose, though I'm not sure what the significance of that is. I don't recall anyone really assuming it was harder to develop for than the last gen systems (at least not now, what with that article posted earlier highlighting the problems before launch), just that porting current gen native games is an extra effort. Which is true.

No, only the PS3 was difficult to develop for. The 360 wasn't. Also, I hope you know that Capcom and Square-Enix have said it's "8 times harder"/significantly harder to developer for PS4 and XBone (this probably actually means development costs).

This teenage soap opera is so sad. sad.png

Soooo she's is in 8th grade.....and has a boyfriend and he drives....how old is the boyfriend? but this was too funny. poor guy, I wonder if he really liked her.

And In the beginning she said she didn't have a boyfriend.

Also Banana Banana Bliss: Jungle puzzles is now the Allan and Nicole community. 

http://youtu.be/WwFjvaixTp8

Part 2: gosh, Allan really loves her

• Thumbs Up 3

No, only the PS3 was difficult to develop for. The 360 wasn't. Also, I hope you know that Capcom and Square-Enix have said it's "8 times harder"/significantly harder to developer for PS4 and XBone (this probably actually means development costs).
The PS3 was a complete nightmare, and the 360 wasn't anywhere near as bad, but both were still more complex than what we (thankfully) have now. And yes, I've seen the interview with Capcom. No idea where you're getting Square from, but Capcom was referring to the difficulty of asset production in 2014 - they're building an entirely new engine from scratch with Phanta Rhei. That's the hard part. Are you suggesting that, contrary to everything we've heard for months, the new consoles are harder to develop for than the older ones? Regardless, whether it's harder or not to develop from scratch on the Wii U versus the PS4 or Xbox is irrelevant in relation to comments like "I knew third parties were just taking potshots!" We've had this conversation before. The Wii U is the only one that isn't built on x86 architecture. It's vastly different from the other three main platforms (PS4, Xbox, PC), and as such porting between PS4 and Wii U is harder than PS4 and Xbox. That's the only issue. Edit - typo'd x86 as "x84" I'm not stupid I swear

This teenage soap opera is so sad. :(
I'm three minutes into this and laughing my ass off. Oh my god. Perfect. Watched both. Nicole what are you doing. He loves yooooouuuuuu
  • Thumbs Up 1

And yes, I've seen the interview with Capcom. No idea where you're getting Square from, but Capcom was referring to the difficulty of asset production in 2014 - they're building an entirely new engine from scratch with Phanta Rhei. That's the hard part.

Capcom's just pre-emptively excusing all of the monetization and moving franchises to mobile they intend to do. I wish i was kidding.

Are you suggesting that, contrary to everything we've heard for months, the new consoles are harder to develop for than the older ones?

Damn, someone tell all those indie developers with little resources or manpower before they go bankrupt!

also it's x86 architecture

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if you're making triple A games, it's far more expensive. That doesn't mean anything for Indies, though. Since they actually have sense to work within their means.

(Indies really aren't the best example when they're the ones also saying Wii U development is fine.)

• Thumbs Up 1

hmmm Well this is interesting for 2 reasons!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220558

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya@PG_kamiyaFollow

We tried to make it possible to join your own mii with TW100 as a hero. We hope we can do it in TW102.

Categories: Consoles | Tags: Wii U, Platinum, eShop | Rating: rating_up.png rating_down.png +2

• Thumbs Up 8

Is there any more news on X?

That's honestly the game that would push me to buy a Wii U.

Its one of my anticiparted games as well, and I am hoping for news in the next  DIRECT

Bum buh-duh dum, NPD numbers are coming out.

Coming from NPD analyst Liam Callahan...

"Hardware sales of the Wii U were also positive with December 2013 marking its highest month for unit sales month so far."

This is good news, but nobody get too overexcited ok? We're definitely getting no PS4, Xbone numbers.

Oh, and the 3DS was the highest selling hardware it seems.

Edit: Let me give some context. If this month is Nintendo's highest month, that means they're above last year at least, which was 460k.