Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

10 minutes of Wind Waker HD gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmxeKH0YIR0

I'm not watching it...I haven't played the game before.

Also Nintendo also tested 2 other Zelda games in HD, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/nintendo_tested_two_other_zelda_titles_in_hd_on_the_wii_u

Edited by KrazyBean

Both games deserve HD revisions, though I suspect both would benefit more from Nintendo waiting another generation to release them in HD, given their progressively more realistic visuals.

Skyward Sword's 'painting' art style in 3D.

gwjgkmhmhma

I think we're going to get at least one remake every system now.

You can't do much when Skyward Sword relies so much on motion controls.

That all depends on what direction Nintendo wants to take its next generation controller; do they maintain the remote/gamepad/pro pad triumvirate, do they revert back to one controller (and if so, which one?), or do they come up with something 'new' again (with all the risks that represents)?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they made Skyward Sword work exclusively with the Wii Remote or some other motion controller they come up with. They could probably bundle it again with a Wii Remote Plus.

I could see Skyward Sword doing a Wiimote/Gamepad combo like you can in Pikmin 3.  Have a map always at the ready and be able to set markers more easily with the touchscreen.  

I don't get why they'd remake the second worst-recieved main console Zelda game.

Being 'second to worst received' means nothing when they've all been well received.

• Thumbs Up 4

...And says who exactly that it's the second worst Zelda?

But yes, it really does mean nothing. Dumbest smart kid.

I never hear anyone bitch about any of the console Zelda games nearly as much as TP and SS.

Everyone (well, mostly everyone) bitches about the latest Zelda to no end until the next one comes out, and then that's the latest fanbase punching bag while the ones that came before are suddenly praised to high heaven.

Zelda fans have a rather bizarre myopia when it comes to looking at these things.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 4

The vast majority of people who care about Zelda games are going to focus their attention on the latest game(s) in the series.  When you combine that with the fact that people tend to be more vocal in their complaints than in their praise (nobody rants about how good things are), and the fact that people tend to pay more attention to complaints anyway (how many internet topics have seen where everyone just talked about how much they agreed with each other?), you end up creating the illusion that "everyone" hates the latest Zelda games.

Add on to that the reality that the release of a new Zelda game causes the majority of people to shift their focus away from the less recent games.  When that happens, the only people who continue to pay any significant amount of attention to those now slightly older games are the people who genuinely enjoyed them in the first place.

Edited by G-Force

I don't get why they'd remake the second worst-recieved main console Zelda game.

Skyward Sword wasn't poorly received, its just that the games core ideas (the Motion Plus controls) have a hit or miss appeal to people, and with the game being noted for being the "only" hardcore Wii game to use motion controls in a huge way (outside of Red Steel 2), then you will have people hating the game simply due to it using those controls.

Twilight Princess, while to safe in the gameplay and design department (it feels like a laundry list of past Zelda mechanics; expressive faces ala Wind Waker check, dark world ala Link to the Past check, transformation into wolf/creature ala Majoras Mask check, classic stable of forest, fire and water temples in the beginning ala Ocarina of Time check, ect), its still an amazing game that polishes those mechanics well and has a few cool ones of its own (the expanded horse-back combat, snow boarding on a sheet of ice, and using a heavy ball & chain were awesome :)).

In all, those games are great in there own way, and flawed in there own way as well, but I would hardly never call them bad; a bad Zelda game is a hell of a lot better than most games on the market anyways :).

Everyone (well, mostly everyone) bitches about the latest Zelda to no end until the next one comes out, and then that's the latest fanbase punching bag while the ones that came before are suddenly praised to high heaven.

Zelda fans have a rather bizarre myopia when it comes to looking at these things.

Its hard to live up to the series expectations, as just like 3d Mario, many expect 3d Zelda to drastically mix things up, so they have there expectations a little to high sometimes, thus leading into the complaining and dissecting the game to see what flaws it has just to see if its better than the great games of its past (the Twilight Princess too OoT comparisons for example).

The past Zelda ARE amazing games (no Zelda game thus far has interested me as much as Majora did tongue.png), so I can understand why fans would be unimpressed with the new games in the series. I think that wont be an issue this time out, as with the Wii U's horsepower (a very clear step up from the Wii), the Zelda team have unlimited potential to amazing us with the new Wii U Zelda :).

I don't know.... heck, even people complain about the original Zelda, being way to hard, along with Zelda 2 being an odd sidescroller. But in the end? 98 percent of Zelda games were reviewed most positive and well liked.

I don't know.... heck, even people complain about the original Zelda, being way to hard, along with Zelda 2 being an odd sidescroller. But in the end? 98 percent of Zelda games were reviewed most positive and well liked.

Yeah, most Zelda games have all been liked for the most part by most people. As for the nes games being too hard, that's just an nes staple. Gamers today can't handle hard, thus why so many games hand walk you through the games. Yeah, I can admit to not liking high difficulty when I'm in certain moods, but other times its not so bad as long as you can continue or there is checkpoints like a fair game with high difficulty should give you.

The only one, at least of the ones I've played so far that I didn't care for back in the day was Majora's mask. It may be different now, but back then, I could never get anywhere in the game. I would constantly die in the first area of the game. That and if I ever did get out, anytime I would start to get something done, woops, you need to time reset again, and lose all your items and progress again and it annoyed me to no end back in the day. I could try it again some day, but back then, it just make me furious when I would try and play it.

a7Vouao.jpg

Heads up, Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28). This is great, i need to catch up with W101, Rayman, and Pikmin.

Yes, I am about to get my Wii U from Target because I have about $180 in gift cards there and this means I can get an extra game if I want to.

You can also return the third game and make it so you got two Wii U games for $40 and use the $40 you got in return for a game coming out later like SLW, SM3DW, or DKC:TF.

The receipt will probably note that the one game was free so people can't abuse it like that. And none of those games are 40$

The receipt will probably note that the one game was free so people can't abuse it like that. And none of those games are 40$

So say you buy Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, and The Wonderful 101 (which are all $60), you can then return Pikmin 3 without opening it and get $40 back because you paid $120 originally for the three games.

I wasn't saying those games were $40 but you can use the money to get them $10 or $20 instead of $50 or $60.

Edited by RisingForever

What a great deal; getting a Wii U with not only Wind Waker HD but with three of the best games on the system (Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends) all for 420$ (plus tax of course) sounds like a wonderful deal :). If anyone was on the fence about getting a Wii U now, then they shouldn't hesitate using this deal to get one; 4 games + a system is a great deal verses a PS4 with only 2 games (if you have PS+).

I do wonder though, does the deal apply to Wii U games not on the ad? I remember Target having a very similar deal for the Vita in June (when I got mine biggrin.png) and it applied to all the Vita games they had, not just select ones. If that is the case with this deal, you also have the option for other awesome Wii U games like Sonic Racing, Zombi U, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Lego City.