Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I'm considering buying a WiiU purely for Wind Waker and SLoW, along with the next few Sonic games. Otherwise I'm hardly interested, but who knows, someone might release a game that'll catch my eye...

I dont like the idea of a ambassador program anyway. I would llove to give Ninty my money for some of those titles they were giving away for the 3DS but they refuse to sell them to me to make up for the fact that they were overcharging for damn thing to begin with

so what about those who bought a wii u before the price drop are they going to get the 3DS treatment?

You got the Famicom Campaign.

This pricedrop is not nearly as drastic to warrant any compensation on Nintendo's part.

• Thumbs Up 2

This pricedrop is not nearly as drastic to warrant any compensation on Nintendo's part.

Ah thanks for clearing that up

Welp, just as I'm in the middle of playing The Wonderful 101, my Wii U decides to go and bugger itself up.

I was about 5 minutes into a mission and my Wii U just randomly turned itself off and the power light on the console was flashing red. It wouldn't come back on until I turned off the power at the mains and restarted it. The console itself felt very hot immediately after, so maybe it just overheated? But anyway, that's not the bad part. Upon trying to resume my adventure with The Wonderful 101... it won't read the disc. In fact, it now won't read any disc. They all go in, whir for a couple of seconds, and then it comes up "invalid disc". None of them have any scratches in so it's definitely a console fault rather than a software one.

I've looked up the problem online and it seems like maybe turning the console horizontal might fix it, but I'm going to leave it a while before trying again to give it a chance to cool down, just in case it was still recovering from overheating or something.

If anyone's got any helpful advice in the meantime though, that'd be grand. I'm really hoping it decides to spring back to life, I don't particularly want to have to send it off to Nintendo and potentially lose all my data in the process...

Interesting. I have my Wii U standing vertically and I've not experienced this problem. When I was playing The Wonderful 101 it froze once and a quick restart fixed the problem permanently. Maybe you should move your console where it has more ventilation.

We also got like an extra year on the deluxe promotion, which runs out in 2014.

Just give the Basic Bundle owners the Digital Deluxe Promotion since their bundle is basically obsolete and the Wind Waker Bundle probably has it too

PRAISE JEBUS! IT'S ALIVE!

Gave it half hour or so to cool off and just tried it again, and it's working absolutely fine.Must have just overheated after all. I'll give it a more thorough test-run at a later date just to make sure it was a one-off and not a persistent problem, but for now at least, it's reading discs again. Hallelujah!

As KrazyBean suggested, be sure it has adequate air supply (inside a TV cabinet is really a horrible place to put electronics) and give the vents a good dusting.  Here's hoping it won't happen again!

My Wii U is also standing vertically, next to my TV (but not in a cabinet) and is frequently on for extended periods.  It has frozen up once, while on LEGO city, but that was a random glitch, I think.

Edited by Thrippa

I don't want to create a new thread just for this, so I'm posting here:

The guys from NG.Dev Team are running a kickstarter indiegogo project to port Gunlord for Wii U and 3DS now that they are authorized Nintendo developers. This game was released last year as a Neo Geo and Dreamcast title (yeah, that) and it seems to be pretty awesome. If anybody wants to check it out, here it is: 

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gunlord-for-3ds-and-wiiu--2

Anyone here wanting to preorder the special edition Zelda game with figurine?

Too bad, it's already sold out!

Thankfully I already ordered mine.

Hey you guys on the whole soulcaliber 2 port issue, why dont we just alert Nintendo to the demand like we did with Earthbound and see if that convinces Bandai that theres more than enough demand to port it(Link alone would sell it really)

Now what would be the way to go about this?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

If you check the Tekken Miiverse there were a bunch of posts about wanting SC2 on Wii U. So you have a bunch of potential buyers there.

Why is it bad that it costs 60 bucks again?

It actually costs 50 bucks.

The main issue is that the HD rereleases over on the PS3 costed 40$, but they add significantly less new content. 

The main issue is that the HD rereleases over on the PS3 costed 40$, but they add significantly less new content.

They also tended to contain significantly more games.

• Thumbs Up 1

They also tended to contain significantly more games.

10 dollars more for a graphical overhaul and new content makes sense compared to re-releasing the same content.

Why is it bad that it costs 60 bucks again?

Well, it's actually 50. Most HD collections don't have nearly as much effort put into them, yeah. KH 1 in the 1.5 HD collection being the only one in the ballpark.

$60 for a Limited Edition Box Set Wind Waker is one hell of a deal to me. This is especially tied with the fact I haven't played the original.

Really we're still on about this?

Can we at least agree the figure version is worth the deal? That thing sold out insanely fast.