Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

If I may be allowed to avoid the inevitable dumb argument that's bound to happen in due time...

wwhdwiiui0spv.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbqTidTNODs

THAT ZELDA SPECIAL EDITION WII U. I WANT IT.

Eh, this looks alright, but I was expecting it to be a bit more... flashy, I guess? I guess that doctored image from a few days back got me expectations a bit high and wanting something more special.

Edited by Komodin

It reminds me of the Zelda 3DS, which I didn't see as much of a special design either. Still, it's a nicer bundle than the standard Deluxe in my opinion; and it's the same price.

I'm not sure if it's more dumb than thinking that the thing would work without one. It's crazy, though.

I remember hearing in this thread numerous times that all the processing is streamed from the console itself and not the controller.

It might NOT have a processor, I'm just guessing at what's in there. It does have hardware in it, though I do remember hearing about the system itself handling the processing even for the controller. It's probably things like bluetooth and display hardware, then.

Considering wireless controllers can go from $40-60  I'm not surpised this costs $150 to replace. I'm not saying its justified, but I'm not suprised in the slightest.

I honestly prefer the subtle looking. I'm not sure why people would rather have something that is distracting and flashy. Having flashy little symbols around the Wii U Gamepad is perfect just like how it was with the 3DS Zelda.

I think the "new" Wii U design looks nice; have the slick black console as before with a Zelda-fied GamePad (which looks really nice). The bundle itself is quite attractive too; sure its a bit pricey, but getting the next Nintendo system bundled with a full-on Zelda that uses the systems features (like how Twilight Princess on Wii had great Wiimote implementation with the IR and motion controlled combat) and all the perks the system has (10% discount on digital games is nice and having full-on BC with all your Wii stuff is really nice :)). Solid deal I think.

I like the bundle design. It's simple, but sometimes that's better.

Edited by MarcelloF

Nintendo should have thought of that before building a console around a $150+ controller nobody asked for.

Just because no one asked for it doesn't mean it's not a cool idea. It feels real good to be able to play games like New Super Mario Bros U in any position I want.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just because no one asked for it doesn't mean it's not a cool idea. It feels real good to be able to play games like New Super Mario Bros U in any position I want.

It's neat, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a huge risk that exploded in their faces.

Nintendo doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks; they do what they want. Sometimes it works, sometimes it bites them in the ass.

Sure its cool, but is it really worth $150 dollars. This isn't like the Wii where the motion controls was a relatively cheap innovation, this tablet is probably more than a third of the cost of the system. It is actually very similar to Microsoft including the Kinect 2 with the Xbox One with it apparently costing as much as the console itself.

The ironic thing about the gamepad; next generation tittles are using its features, but with tablets (or in Sony's case, cross-controller support) instead of controller with a touch screen, so Nintendo was on to something with the GamePad, as games this past E3 like Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Battlefield 4, The Crew, Watch Dogs, The Division and the upcoming Directors Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (yes it was a Wii U exclusive at one point, but now its coming to 360 and PS3 as well).

Nintendo doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks; they do what they want. Sometimes it works, sometimes it bites them in the ass.

This is both the reason that I love and loathe Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 8

Sure its cool, but is it really worth $150 dollars.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I'd say that it is. Mainly for the reason I gave before.

Sure its cool, but is it really worth $150 dollars. This isn't like the Wii where the motion controls was a relatively cheap innovation, this tablet is probably more than a third of the cost of the system. It is actually very similar to Microsoft including the Kinect 2 with the Xbox One with it apparently costing as much as the console itself.

I would say there is a bit of a difference, as one is simply an expansion and a further development of the basic controller, whereas Kinect is an optional feature that is extreme quirky, has a lot of features people dont want, and isnt nessecary to gameplay

And the fact that the wii-u gamepad still works like a traditional controller for the most part

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

If they make a special edition Lost World Wii U (which I doubt they will) I'll be pretty pissed off.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I'd say that it is. Mainly for the reason I gave before.

Unfortunately for Nintendo, not many people seem to agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ironic thing about the gamepad; next generation tittles are using its features, but with tablets (or in Sony's case, cross-controller support) instead of controller with a touch screen, so Nintendo was on to something with the GamePad, as games this past E3 like Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Battlefield 4, The Crew, Watch Dogs, The Division and the upcoming Directors Edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (yes it was a Wii U exclusive at one point, but now its coming to 360 and PS3 as well).

and Sony had something originally with the limited Remote play features of the Ps3 and PSP. Given, it kinda sucked (even though I liked playing my ps1 titles in the bathroom when I was taking care of paperwork) it pretty much paved the way for "Can't access tv? Play through this device with a screen," craze

If they make a special edition Lost World Wii U (which I doubt they will) I'll be pretty pissed off.

If they made it in the UK though, it sure would sell a lot me thinks.

If they make a Lost World Wii U (a blue console and gamepad), I will not be happy. I already own a Wii U. However if I could buy the case separately....

Actually, the Gameboy (Color?) and N64 did that first.

...But where do you see anything about that in my post? I didn't use that as an example. The Wii U is not a handheld.