Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

No wonder Nintendo's charging full retail price for this, they are fixing a lot of the originals problems all while adding little things that take advantage of the Wii U's features. Looks like what HD remasters should be and the fact there fixing things rather than dumping the ISO on the disk and running it in HD is really cool of Nintendo :)

When ever I get a Wii U, I currently planning on picking this up just to see how the changes make this great game even better :)

So I got a question, is Avengers battle for earth ok if you can manage to get it cheap? or just something to skip over entirely? just curious because I can always use another game for my collection, and I figure it will be the one of the few wii-u titles to drop into the bargin bins in a couple months

It was a Kinect game re-worked to using the Gamepad (rather than motions, you just simply tap icons/swipe the screen), so it will drop in price some time. I don't know if its a good game (it looks way to simple to be a noteworthy fighter), but I'm sure its fun to play; another solid Marvel game on top of Lego Marvel sounds good to me :)

It all looks normal to me, with a very simple decal on the GamePad.

All of my meh.

• Thumbs Up 2

It all looks normal to me, with a very simple decal on the GamePad.

All of my meh.

Should've been a golden Wii U with some Zelda-ish designs on it.

Zelda-themed special edition systems or controllers or whatever tend to be golden, but this looks like a normal Wii U, pretty much. Not like I would purchase a second Wii U or anything lol, but it is slightly underwhelming compared to what Nintendo's done before as far as their special edition systems go.

Ugh, what a waste of money, retailers are finding it hard to shift these consoles as it is, why would they want another overpriced bundle to take up room in the warehouse? The fucking basic and premium console need a price drop first if they want people to buy their product over the PS4/Xone :/

Then again I'm not surprised, Nintendo are notorious for pulling this kind of shit, Sigh.

Edited by okinoS repuS

Ugh, what a waste of money, retailers are finding it hard to shift these consoles as it is, why would they want another overpriced bundle to take up room in the warehouse? The fucking basic and premium console need a price drop first if they want people to buy their product over the PS4/Xone :/

Then again I'm not surprised, Nintendo are notorious for pulling this kind of shit, Sigh.

Overpriced? How do we know it's not the same price?

I like how people keep throwing the term 'overpriced'. It's selling at a loss and includes a $60 game and yet people still whine.

Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how people keep throwing the term 'overpriced'. It's selling at a loss and includes a $60 game and yet people still whine.

Sigh.

To be fair, having a price point which is $50 cheaper (the Premium version) than a PS4 is putting a lot of people off the Wii U considering it's not gonna offer anything the PS4 has. I've seen countless people commenting that they won't buy a Wii U unless the price comes down.

The Vita recently had a price cut and it's probably doing worse than the Wii U, so I'm sure the Wii U can do it too.

It is sort of like a price drop, I mean it may be the original price but you're getting a $60 game with it.

It is still an improvement of sorts.

It is sort of like a price drop, I mean it may be the original price but you're getting a $60 game with it.

It is still an improvement of sorts.

I suppose, really who buys a game console without a game anyway.

To be fair, having a price point which is $50 cheaper (the Premium version) than a PS4 is putting a lot of people off the Wii U considering it's not gonna offer anything the PS4 has. I've seen countless people commenting that they won't buy a Wii U unless the price comes down.

The Vita recently had a price cut and it's probably doing worse than the Wii U, so I'm sure the Wii U can do it too.

The Vita has been out for 2 years. Production costs have gone down since then. Wii U on the other hand has been out less than a year so it's a bit understandable why there isn't a price drop yet. A price drop will happen next year though.

Yes, I realize that people have been saying they won't buy one without a price drop. Most of these comments I've been seeing is drop the price to $199.99. A lot of people are just being outrageously unreasonable with their expectations. It's selling at a loss and it's using expensive technology.

I also feel like the PS4 comparisons are slightly unfair.

$349 = Wii U Game Console, Wii U Wind Waker HD, 10% back on digital purchases, fully backward compatible with your existing Wii Games and Wii Controllers (Saves $$$!!!!), FREE Online

$399 = PS4

$520 = PS4, PS4 Game, 1 year PS+ (Yes, I realize PS+ gives you some games but it's not free. There's no guarantee that games you like will be up on there).

Prices can be deceiving. Pay less up front, pay more later in fees such as online play.

Edited by Autosaver

The Vita has been out for 2 years. Production costs have gone down since then. Wii U on the other hand has been out less than a year so it's a bit understandable why there isn't a price drop yet. A price drop will happen next year though.

Yes, I realize that people have been saying they won't buy one without a price drop. Most of these comments I've been seeing is drop the price to $199.99. A lot of people are just being outrageously unreasonable with their expectations. It's selling at a loss and it's using expensive technology.

I also feel like the PS4 comparisons are slightly unfair.

$349 = Wii U Game Console, Wii U Wind Waker HD, 10% back on digital purchases, fully backward compatible with your existing Wii Games and Wii Controllers (Saves $$$!!!!), FREE Online

$399 = PS4

$520 = PS4, PS4 Game, 1 year PS+ (Yes, I realize PS+ gives you some games but it's not free. There's no guarantee that games you like will be up on there).

Prices can be deceiving. Pay less up front, pay more later in fees such as online play.

I would say a 250 price point for the deluxe system and 300 for a game bundle would be more than fair price wise, as your mainly getting the system for Nintendo games, so those prices are more than fair enough for those wanting a PS4 and Wii U down the line (about 700-800 dollars for both, not that bad considering how expensive systems used to be *600 dollar PS3 angry.png*). 350 is just to much though as for 50 dollars more you can get a PS4 (yes, you need plus for online play, but there are free-to-play games coming at launch and if you exclusively use PS+ for your PS4 gaming content, you will be getting DriveClub and some fun indie tittles), and you are gartined a strong line up of 3rd party games AND 1st party games.

Still, the Wii U does look to be the better short term-value this fall as there are big games out/coming for the system and with huge games from 3rd party's/Microsoft/Sony coming latter next year, getting a Wii U with a line up of great games (Mario 3d World, Sonic Lost World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario Bros U/Luigi U, Lego City, ZombiU, and some 3rd party games like Rayman Legends and Batman Arkam Origins), so that Wind Waker Bundle doesn't sound like a bad deal at all this holiday biggrin.png.

For the long term, you might have to get both a Wii U and a PS4 to play all the games you could want (and that wait's not bad, if you already have plus, you could stack the free PS4 games up so when you do pick one up, you have a good amount of games to play on the things, similar to how Plus is on Vita).

Supposedly it is $150+

That's quite a lot for a controller blink.png, but considering how much is in it (I think special Wi-Fi/Ad Hok Chips, Rumble, Gyro Sensors, touch screen, ect), it makes since it costs that much.

Does an oversized touchscreen really cost that much? :U

Don't the screens of the 3DS and Vita take a huge portion of their cost? Having an even bigger screen can cost more.

A lot of people are not adding the tablet controller's cost into the equation. Yes, it does cost a lot of money. If a PS4 controller is $70, how much would a Wii U tablet controller with a 6 inch touch screen cost?

I would say a 250 price point for the deluxe system and 300 for a game bundle would be more than fair price wise,

Won't happen. If the Wii U is costing $400+ right now, I highly doubt we'll see $250 anytime soon.

It's a resistive touchscreen, capacitive touchscreens are all the rage these days and much more commonly produced. I honestly prefer resistive, the feel of it is much better, and capacitive screens are fragile as hell, plus multitouch is worthless unless your device doesn't have proper button controls, which is not remotely conductive to substantial gameplay outside of certain genres.

• Thumbs Up 2

well, personaly on the third party front I am very excited for the release of lego marvel superheroes and I am going to have a hard time not buying it first day(since I put it on my birthday list)

PlayStation Plus gives you huge discounts on just about every bit of content available on the store and that's if it isn't given away entirely for free. It also works retroactively on both PS3 and Vita.

10% off digital purchases is fine and dandy, but let's not go comparing it to PlayStation Plus as far as money being saved.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 4

You do know that the GamePad has its own processor and other such bits and bobs in order to do remote play, right?

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Sigh.

Nintendo should have thought of that before building a console around a $150+ controller nobody asked for.

Whoopsie.

You do know that the GamePad has its own processor and other such bits and bobs in order to do remote play, right?

A controller with it's own processor.

How were they able to suggest such a dumb idea without laughing?

• Thumbs Up 1