Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Indigo, make the video a video response ot the classic gameplay. I'll accept it and it can direct people to your video who want to hear the music. Make sure to credit the person who recorded it though, he also is a good friend of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc2RMHir8nU

I'll do that when I get back from my outing, I'm already late!

Who uploaded it, again?

It's kind of sad to see multiple people feel this way about this game. Most of us agree that this is incredulously awesome. I mean, it just kind of ruins the fun out of everything if you always expect things to be perfect by your own interpretation of the word...

It's not really wrong to dislike it, but I wonder if people understand what this game was about in the first place.

EDIT: 20 minutes until finished uploading!

Sonic Team said that they're not copying and pasting the level design from the originals to keep things fresh. I like it better that way and it's not just an HD copy of the old games.

Cash cash are composing and singing the new "escape from the city" eh?

How awesome

As a gigantic fan of Adventure 2, I watched it all with bated breath. This looks incredible to me. Notice when Modern sonic gets off his board the area he lands in looks exactly like the area he lands in Adventure 2! I would like to hear the Modern remix too, I liked bits of Classic's but please ditch the Autotune Cash cash.

Off topic: 500 posts since server crash and still going on....

Are we even sure that the Cash Cash remix is the one for Classic Sonic and not Modern?

Edited by Carbo

Are we even sure that the Cash Cash remix is the one for Classic Sonic and not Modern?

That's Ted Poley and Tony Harnell.

I'm really trying to not spoil it for myself with this game, but once I read "City Escape" I couldn't help it.

I commenced to freaking out. If they throw Green Forest in there I just might faint.

If you listen closely to the Gamespot gameply, you can hear Cash Cash's version playing in the background. So yes, we're sure.

Both versions of the song are awesome and really do the original justice. The Endless Mine sample in the Classic version is an amazing touch too!

Sonic Team: I can do anything! I'M THE PROFESSOR!

Dimps: Everything must be speedy, very speedy. That's why the physics had to die, they were very slow physics. Also that Hedgehog, Classic Sonic. Very, very slow.

So the Director of this worked on these:

His orgin came from Sonic Riders, so he's probably from United Game Artists, so that's good...

BUT

Oh so THATS WHY Modern Sonic can home in to grind rails. I guess its a pretty helpful thing, but what if there is an enemy in front of you, and a grind rail as well. You want to HA the enemy, but the HA sends you to the grind rail instead to the enemy, causing a bit trouble. Like that first part of Modern Sonics City Escape.

So the Director of this worked on these:

His orgin came from Sonic Riders, so he's probably from United Game Artists, so that's good...

BUT

On one hand, it looks more like a Sonic Colors level then anything Classic. On the other hand, ZOMG ENDLESS MINE

On one hand, it looks more like a Sonic Colors level then anything Classic. On the other hand, ZOMG ENDLESS MINE

Psycho Truck is Alive, Muahahahaha...!

But anyway, looks like a good throwback, to me they successfully managed to make that Truck Chase Sequence even more memorable. Gotta say though, when the truck smashes through that one building I always think about Lego for some odd reason. =/

I still hope this comes to the PC, would be really nice to play this in out the Whazoo High Res!

Other than that, looks promising, but I need to play it myself to be convinced that this is worth my money first, thankfully, that demo will do the job just fine when it arrives. Like many others, I bet its gonna be released around the 23rd!

Edited by Tobibrocki

I honestly feel like Sega drove a stake though my heart when I saw it. When I found out I was freaking excited about it. But when it started I felt like they killed my childhood. They changed City Escape into something else and it really didn't feel like CE at all. I would like to see this game succeed yes but I'm just iffy about these changes to such a classic stage.

I'm really curious. How so does it not feel like CE?

Skipped over this post before, but Black Spy's post pointed it out to me.

I honestly feel like Sega drove a stake though my heart when I saw it. When I found out I was freaking excited about it. But when it started I felt like they killed my childhood. They changed City Escape into something else and it really didn't feel like CE at all. I would like to see this game succeed yes but I'm just iffy about these changes to such a classic stage.

Say what? Really, what? What changes have they made to the stage? C.Sonic spends more of his times on the rooftops and part of the stage look like construction zones for him. Is that what you're on about? The only other change is the art style no longer being realistic like it was in SA2 but rather it's more cartoony (while still maintaining it's realist vibe) like Unleashed.

You guys sure that's Cash Cash singing the classic mix? It sounded like Ted to me. :|a

It's definitely Ted. If anything, Cash Cash did some synth for it. :P