Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

I think gameplay wise i'll probably prefer sonic adventure 2's city escape over this, I mean it looks spectaculair but that's kind of it when you think about it

Edited by Jaouad

When I think about it I remember the exhilaration I got from Unleashed, and then that makes me wanna play Generations' M.Sonic City Escape stage even more.

I'm itching to go Super on the truck chase. It's been a dream of mine that even hacks have been unable to fulfill.

I think gameplay wise i'll probably prefer sonic adventure 2's city escape over this, I mean it looks spectaculair but that's kind of it when you think about it

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to see more gameplay elements like the truck in Classic Sonic's stage. Hell, even Modern Sonic being able to stomp through a bridge into an alternate path, even if it was just a boost corridor. I want Sonic Team to make the stages unique in more than just their aesthetics.

As for the actual gameplay itself, it's good. There's a fair level of alternate paths, the bottomless pits are rather small, and there was very little automation. More of this, and Sonic Generations will please me much more than Colors.

I just noticed c.sonic doesn't lose all his rings when he gets hit by the truck.

Just when they got so many things right....

I just noticed c.sonic doesn't lose all his rings when he gets hit by the truck.

C. Sonic also has lyrics in City Escape.

C. Sonic also has lyrics in City Escape.

Meh, I like city escape's music

Edit: If you look at that moment when he gets hit, he would've had 0 rings with the original system, now it'd feel more like a cakewalk. It's funny because the levels are unbelievably well designed with a good challenge, it would've worked well if he lost all his rings in this game

Edited by Jaouad

I stood by when Sega axed the SOAP shoes, but I won't stand for retarded forms of ring loss. That's one pre-order down the drain. Screw you, Sega! You and all of your families! >:(

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, I like city escape's music

Meh, I like being able to keep a percentage of my rings, because it's less of a cheap loss.

So as we can clearly see, they haven't done anything wrong, but something different. This isn't a change in control or philosophy, but actually a way to make things more forgiving and accessible. It's cool that you don't like it, but don't say it's "wrong."

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh you guys actually really like not losing all rings? So if a franchise is allready kind of easy(for experienced players) why not even make it more easy right?

What is it with sonicfans and not liking a challenge? Is trial and error the only difficulty you guys know?

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Screw what everyone has said up until now. Because this game is more of a travesty than '06.

You know why?

Do I even NEEED to remind you?!

*sigh, alright.* O_______O

rooftoptress.png

WHAT IS THIS DOING HERE?! AM I SEEIN' THIS CORRECTLY?! THE TREE'S JUST CHILLIN' ON THE ROOF! WTF?!?!

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh you guys actually really like not losing all rings? So if a franchise is allready kind of easy(for experienced players) why not even make it more easy right?

What is it with sonicfans and not liking a challenge? Is trial and error the only difficulty you like?

Edited by Indigo Rush

Two things I noticed; don't know if they've been mentioned:

- C. Sonic doesn't lose all of his rings after getting hit. There's still a chance of this getting changed though.

- M. Sonic's "windblown effect" or whatever isn't there anymore. Rather than speeding up the tempo, boosting adds an extra drum track to the music, giving the impression that the music is faster. Of course, I could be wrong; the sound quality isn't very good.

Edit: Thanks, Woun! I'm claiming it for sure now; every day before February 11th, 2010 was a dark day for this forum. xD

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 1

- C. Sonic doesn't lose all of his rings after getting hit. There's still a chance of this getting changed though.

- M. Sonic's "windblown effect" or whatever isn't there anymore. Rather than speeding up the tempo, boosting adds an extra drum track to the music, giving the impression that the music is faster. Of course, I could be wrong; the sound quality isn't very good.

Hang on. So he's boarding down City Escape again with a piece of scrap metal....is it just me wondering how he got the board to begin with? Are we going to see another helicopter cutscene or something similar?! That would be awesome!

Thanks Woun for the higher quality upload! :)

It won't be. It's not really a big issue, and is a design choice they've stuck with since Unleashed. (though strangely went back to all ring loss in Colors)

Not necessarily, we just don't think of it as a huge issue like you do. Of all things to nitpick at, this is a pretty minor one.

You could even look at it as an improvement! Losing all of your rings can actually be pretty cheap, and a bit of a pride-busting slap in the face for those who've built up over 200 rings. It's a pretty crappy situation to be in.

But even so, in perspective and comparison to other issues the series has seen, it's not that big a deal to begin with. It's actually more along the lines of a design choice than a "problem." SEGA went with this design choice for a particular reason, and I don't think it'll break the game in any way.

Edited by Jaouad
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hang on. So he's boarding down City Escape again with a piece of scrap metal....is it just me wondering how he got the board to begin with? Are we going to see another helicopter cutscene or something similar?! That would be awesome!

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah but honostly I think I have the right to complain about this and not be rediculed about this. I don't care about the moder ngameplay, this game sells itself to me with it's classic gameplay and I sure the fuck want it to be as perfect as possible. You guys can defend whatever you want, but you need people like us, so we can point our fucking finger and say those are flawed choices.

Keep the modern features to modern sonic

I rest my case

scarface2om.jpg

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2