Awoo.

Anyone out there with shameful Sonic-related secrets?

2011. My father goes on a trip to California.

Just as he pulls out of the driveway, having invited me to come along, I realise Sonic Boom is that weekend.

To this day I still regret my decision. And yeah, I consider it shameful, since it's no secret I'm a massive Sonic Boom advocate around these parts. I missed the inaugural one despite having a chance to go.

SatBK is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I think Amy is adorable.

With the exception of a couple songs, I hate Crush 40.

SatBK is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I think Amy is adorable.

Why should any game be a guilty pleasure? If you take enjoyment in a game then other's reception of it should be irrelevant and therefore you shouldn't feel any negative feelings about enjoying it. Heck I like SatBK too. And I'm not ashamed or feel the slightest bit furtive about my liking for it or about playing it.

And yus, Amy is rather adorable :> She does have a real cute factor about her regarding her looks and choice of weapon as well as her sprite animations in the GBA games.

• Thumbs Up 5

What can I contribute here? I know. Even though I'm a huge fan of the series.....the first Sonic game I ever owned was Sonic Generations on the 3ds.

I like Sonic 06, Unleashed, Shadow, and for a brief time I thought Big's levels in SA1 were fun.

...I've been known to try running "Sonic Unleashed style" during a jog when no one was looking.

YOU KNOW YOU'VE DONE IT TOO. >_> Sh*t felt good man.

I know this is an old post, but I sometimes run like that, too.

Edited by GuywithPie3376
  • Thumbs Up 4

The only thing shame is not able to get through the Sonic 2 level 2 Chemical Plant Act 2 around second grade. It took several years before I was able to make it through liquid area and I was shocked how easy it was after level 2 until I got to the last 2 level in.

After 13 years I still have not gotten 180 emblems in SA2:B. granted, I first played this at 2 years old, and after several new memory cards and game discs I'm currently at 139 emblems.

When I was eight, I had a bunch of shitty fancharacters. One was a Mary Sue named MC (my first and middle name initials) who was a purple and green Shadow recolor from Dark Mobius, who wore rainbow shit and was in a love triangle with Manic and Shadow. Another was a brown Sonic recolor named Lightspeed; another was a red hedgehog named Derek who was the long lost brother of Sonic. :( The shame.

And I used to LARP those characters with my aunt (who was eleven at the time). She had shitty Yu-Gi-Oh characters and we mashed up Sonic and Yu-Gi-Oh and created this dumb LARP called Family Anime.

I used to make up lyrics to different songs in Sonic 1, 2, and 3k. Yeah I wonder if i'm the only one who would do that? :V Most lyrics were about Robotnik and I would sing along with the background music during a boss fight in both Sonic 1 and 2 but more so in Sonic 2. xD

Edited by Ravenfreak

Why should any game be a guilty pleasure? If you take enjoyment in a game then other's reception of it should be irrelevant and therefore you shouldn't feel any negative feelings about enjoying it. Heck I like SatBK too. And I'm not ashamed or feel the slightest bit furtive about my liking for it or about playing it.

And yus, Amy is rather adorable :> She does have a real cute factor about her regarding her looks and choice of weapon as well as her sprite animations in the GBA games.

If you know something's not very good or that by your own standards it's not something you would expect to enjoy, then it's a guilty pleasure. Chronicles is a terrible game with almost zero redeeming qualities, but I still enjoy it for some reason. Guilty pleasure indeed! ~~~

One from me -- it's really just shameful at not really a secret -- is that I've never beaten Sonic 1, 2, or 3. The farthest I've gone in Sonic 1 is Marble Zone Act 3, and usually I get told I 'suck' or that I 'shouldn't play video games' whenever I let that go. It irritates me, but oh well.

-I only ever touched Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time ever just under a year ago.

-I think Sonic Rush has one of the nicest endings in the whole series.

-I skipped my last day of term in 6th Form to buy Sonic Unleashed. I played it solidly all day.

-I used to set up all my Sonic toys when I was 5 to watch me playing Sonic... Then make my sister have them talk to commentate on what was happening.

Time to jump into a boat and sail away from civilization.

nothing_to_do_here_animation.gif

-I only ever touched Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time ever just under a year ago.

-I think Sonic Rush has one of the nicest endings in the whole series.

-I skipped my last day of term in 6th Form to buy Sonic Unleashed. I played it solidly all day.

-I used to set up all my Sonic toys when I was 5 to watch me playing Sonic... Then make my sister have them talk to commentate on what was happening.

Not sure why any of these are shameful in the slightest.  We are all introduced to different games at different times, Sonic Rush was an excellent game in the series with a very satisfying conclusion, I would argue that the HD versions of Unleashed were worth skipping school for (though it may be shameful to your teacher, whom you may wish to not tell) and doing childish things with your childhood toys to maximize your enjoyment of a game is something I think we're all guilty of.

After 13 years I still have not gotten 180 emblems in SA2:B. granted, I first played this at 2 years old, and after several new memory cards and game discs I'm currently at 139 emblems.

Don't worry, I've been playing the game since it came out and I still haven't gotten them all either. =/ - I've almost gotten them on SADX though.  Just need to do all those vexing Chao races and I'll be done.

If you know something's not very good or that by your own standards it's not something you would expect to enjoy, then it's a guilty pleasure. Chronicles is a terrible game with almost zero redeeming qualities, but I still enjoy it for some reason. Guilty pleasure indeed! ~~~

I think the problem lies in the term "guilty pleasure."  You shouldn't feel guilty about enjoying it unless it's somehow morally wrong or Sonic '06.  It should be just called "things that are objectively terrible but I still enjoy them anyway."

But I try not to take the term too literally, because I know most people don't use it to mean that they enjoy it while at the same time feeling ashamed of themselves shortly thereafter.

• Thumbs Up 3

But I try not to take the term too literally, because I know most people don't use it to mean that they enjoy it while at the same time feeling ashamed of themselves shortly thereafter.

This is precisely the point really. Nobody uses the term "guilty pleasure" in a self-loathing way.

Not really shameful, but I'll spill.

Haven't and probably will never collect all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD. Which brings me to...

(Unpopular Opinion?) I come to accept whatever stories will come in Sonic games since....2005? 2008?

I used to make up lyrics to different songs in Sonic 1, 2, and 3k. Yeah I wonder if i'm the only one who would do that? :V

Putting lyrics to video game music is pretty common actually! You can probably find some examples on Youtube!

Now if they're any good, on the other hand...

I just gave up eventually, myself. SA2 may be my favorite but I just lack that inner gamer desire to complete a task for the sake of completion.

Plus, Green Hill's not worth it anymore. I can just play Generations without the headache. tongue.png

It took me years to realize Tails had two tails and I thought he fly with one tail. I would be thinking why does Tails look like he has two tails for and Tails has been my favorite since I was little person and I not knew he had two tails in!

Oh, confessions, eh?

I've got a few

- I've never played a Sega Mega Drive, I don't think I've even ever seen one in real life before.

- I think Sonic Adventure 2 is so much better than Adventure 1. (But that might just be my nostalgia)

- When I was younger, I used to have a crush on Amy...

I...think I've got more, but I need more time to think.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh I have another one, i've played Sonic Heroes for the first time a year ago once I bought it for the Xbox. I also played Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time when it was released on XBL. (Well technically I played Battle against my friend back in the day before playing the XBL version but I don't count that at all since we barely played it and well it wasn't the actual game...) Also I still have yet to actually beat Generations both the 3DS and 360 versions...

Y'all shouldn't be ashamed about not playing a certain game for a long time. I didn't play Sonic at all until the 21st century, as far as I can remember. And outside of Sonic, I didn't get into Mario until I tried out Super Mario World last year. (I did play Sunshine and Galaxy beforehand but didn't really appreciate them until after becoming interested in the series proper and playing them again, oddly enough.)

As for Sonic games I haven't beaten (which isn't something you should be ashamed about either, mind you!), the only main series one is '06. And I guess technically Generations since I didn't bother with the Time Eater whenever I've played through it.

Then there's all the Game Gear games. Even the ones I enjoy, I haven't beaten. Yeah. I guess I feel a bit guilty for that since I really do think some of them deserve a bit more love ...

I'll always love you, Sonic Labyrinth.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really enjoyed Sonic Heroes and I didn't Unleashed was that bad. Another secret confession is I actually enjoyed watching Sonic X no matter how bad the voice acting was, the animation was cool

You're not alone, I like Sonic X and when I do get the chance to watch it well I do. I haven't watched the complete series yet, but when it first aired I would try to watch it every Saturday Morning if I got up early enough. :V Now I tend to watch it at work in my breakroom since we have a tv and the overnight crew tends to change it to the channel it airs on now. xD

I've never been able to beat Sonic Heroes.

Although, I am thinking about retrying it again as soon as I finish up all the challenges in Generations...