Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

Also does anyone else notice that this version of Seaside Hill combines mechanics from every version of it, like the reeves and textures from S&SASR, how the boulders/relics act similar to the M&SatOWG, and of course the original mechanics, with a bit of Adabat and potentially Wave Ocean/Emerald Coast mixed in

But... the boulders are rolling around at the speed of sound.

You should just go the other way outside of the cave, and follow that rainbow.

• Thumbs Up 2

But... the boulders are rolling around at the speed of sound.

You should just go the other way outside of the cave, and follow that rainbow.

Boulders are lurking around every turn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, but with some luck I'm sure we can make it through. We have to boost through, though, we have no other options; it's the one thing we can do.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Awesome. I hope the Press Page updates with console screenshots soon too.

Oddly, it has the blue dot update on screenshots for the console version, but there are no new screenshots there wacko.png

Oddly, it has the blue dot update on screenshots for the console version, but there are no new screenshots there wacko.png

I know, it's been happening loads lately, and it's getting annoying. You're like "OMG YAY!" and then you're all "Aaaawwwww =(". At least they finally amended the PS3 release date to November 4th.

3DS!Green Hill Zone is freaking beautiful at this point.

Didn't think Dimps would improve this much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it looks pretty great. It has life, and a lot of stuff really going on to give at least the aesthetics of the level a look that at least looks something in the vein of what the HD version is doing, by making these classic levels really come alive. The graphics also look pretty solid, compared to the early pics we saw way back in... June, was it? It's come a long way, and looks pretty damn good, even by 3DS standards.

Still, I can't lie, I'm a bit miffed by how they're only copy/pasting the first act of each level being represented for the Classic Gameplay. I mean, given how they can't handle all updates that the HD version is getting, I actually think reusing old designs is a good idea, but why just the first act? The first act which, for many gamers, takes only 40 seconds to beat. I mean, what would have been cool is if they found a clever way to maybe string acts 1 and 2 of Green Hill together, or something. I mean, this is especially disappointing because, as shown in those screenshots, it's been revealed how the menu system will work, and each level indeed only has one Classic and one Modern act. Pretty lame, if you ask me.

But hey, it's an improvement, and right now, with the 3DS version look better and better with each update we get (sans the sheer Dimpsiness of the Classic Homing Attack rumor we got), I'll take what I can get biggrin.png

Edited by Classic EXshad

I think the original GHZ looks far better than this. They really did the bare minimum.

Why don't you take another look at the pre-E3 shots and then say that?

To quote OSM:

cSshf.jpg

GRyxM.jpg

DAMN, thats a MAJOR improvement from before!

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah... it's still not mind-blowing or anything, and it certainly doesn't hold a candle to the PS360 version, but it's definitely a substantial improvement. I'm still not particularly excited for Generations 3DS (aside from the soundtrack), but I'm at least glad that when we were told that the first version of the game we saw had a long way to go, it wasn't just bullshit.

AAAGGGHH! They changed the underneath of Classic Sonic's shoes from red to the grey from underneath Modern Sonic's shoes. RUINED FOREVER!! DIIIIIMMPPPPPSSS!!! angry.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah... it's still not mind-blowing or anything, and it certainly doesn't hold a candle to the PS360 version, but it's definitely a substantial improvement. I'm still not particularly excited for Generations 3DS (aside from the soundtrack), but I'm at least glad that when we were told that the first version of the game we saw had a long way to go, it wasn't just bullshit.

The 3DS version will do alright because it has it's own merits that people can look forward too...it's not like a Wii version were it would've been just a dumped down version of the PS360 versions.

AAAGGGHH! They changed the underneath of Classic Sonic's shoes from red to the grey from underneath Modern Sonic's shoes. RUINED FOREVER!! DIIIIIMMPPPPPSSS!!! angry.png

Bawwwww Grey Soles.

Yes, I know you were joking Shadzter.

Why don't you take another look at the pre-E3 shots and then say that?

To quote OSM:

It definitely looks better, but the 'highway in the sky' design they chose is always going to be visually unappealing. And to be perfectly honest, the grey soles issue kind of annoys me. It's a really silly mistake to make, especially when they had it right to begin with. I know that sounds ridiculous, and though it's far from being a big issue, it certainly indicates a lack of care.

Edited by Blue Blood