Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

- Looks like we can finally see a screenshot from a cutscene. (if you now count that one with picnic).

- I like what they did with Eggman Mech from Sonic 2 (I don't like the mech itself, Sonic 4 version was MUCH better). We don't have to have that same fight AGAIN. Thank God!

- Shadow boosting? I think it's rather Chaos Control from Shth. If he was boosting, he wouldn't be in fly mode)). All in all love Shadow. SonicTeam, Sega, you hear me?! Make him playable next time!

- HOLY SHIT PLANET WISP! It's gorgeous! I'm impressed! I too hope that the level will be set in the same scenery, not constructed area. This is just so beautiful!

I expect a new trailer soon, don't you?

Edited by ArtFenix

I can't wait to see how they handle the Sonic/Silver fight in the story.

*Both Sonics poof in from a time portal and end up in Soleanna*

M. Sonic: Uhhh...this place isn't really ringing a bell for me. I think I've passed it before on one of my runs, but I don't think I've actually been here. How about you?

C. Sonic: *Shrugs*

M. Sonic: You're clueless, too, eh? Well, we might as well look arou-

Silver: I've found you, Iblis Trigger!

M. Sonic: Silver? What are you doing here?

*Silver shoots him with a psychic blast*

M. Sonic: WHAAAGH! What's your deal?!

Silver: The Iblis Trigger must die in order for me to save my world!

M. Sonic: Iblis what now?

*Silver blasts him again*

M. Sonic: Alright, THAT'S IT! If you want to tustle, let's tustle! I'll beat the Iblis who-zits right out of you!

*M. Sonic runs to confront him*

C. Sonic: ?

:P

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I don't think Sonic will remember Silver and Blaze, at least not in the console version.

Edited by Revlis1

If Sonic doesn't remember Blaze, then why is she attending his twentieth birthday party?

That alone pretty much solidifies the Rush series as being canon. Also seeing as Otake supervised Pontac and Graff's work in Colors, I'm willing to bet that he's on board for Generations as well. Taking into consideration that Otake considers the Rivals series to be canon as well, Sonic will more likely than not also recognize Silver in this title.

Edited by HunterTSF

You guys have never invited a friend who brought some random jerk you don't know to a party before?

But seriously, yeah, I doubt he doesn't know either of them. Silver obviously will not remember him properly as it's a flashback, time travel dealy, but I'm sure he knows both. At least Blaze.

Blaze is probably there cuz it's either the ending cutscene or the games intro.

Also, why would Blaze even be there in the beggining if she's supposed to be in her own world (or time).

Blaze is probably there cuz it's either the ending cutscene or the games intro.

Also, why would Blaze even be there in the beggining if she's supposed to be in her own world (or time).

Still doesn't make sence, i mean how did she even know it's his bday? she's not in the same world (or time) Sonic and his friends are. And even if she knew it was his bday, she wouldn't just take "a day off" from protecting her world just to party with them.huh.png

P.S. don't quote me on this cuz i won't pay any attention to it unless there's reasonable proof about it that can support it.

Edited by Revlis1

@Revlis1 I really don't think there is much of a reason... They probably will just blow it off as one of those random plotholes...

Even then, why don't you just wait until the game comes out to find out...?

@Revlis1 I really don't think there is much of a reason... They probably will just blow it off as one of those random plotholes...

Even then, why don't you just wait until the game comes out to find out...?

That's exactly what i'm going to do. wink.png

Seriously, even if the franchise is a bit messed up, that doesn't mean everything else has to be.

Edited by Revlis1

Shadow is probably flying because Sonic team doesn't know how to make a decent skating animation anymore.

Honestly, I hated the way he ran in SA2. It looked like he was going to fall over. Most of the SA2 running animations were real wonky actually.

But anyway, Shadow always seems to fly when he boosts, or does anything similar. In Black Knight he did exactly as he's doing here, and in ShTH he flew when he used Chaos Control. S'pose it just looks cool, and that's essentially what he is- Looks Cool the Hedgehog.

Edited by Blue Blood

Honestly, I hated the way he ran in SA2. It looked like he was going to fall over. Most of the SA2 running animations were real wonky actually.

But anyway, Shadow always seems to fly when he boosts, or does anything similar. In Black Knight he did exactly as he's doing here, and in ShTH he flew when he used Chaos Control. S'pose it just looks cool, and that's essentially what he is- Looks Cool the Hedgehog.

I thought his running animation in SA2 was hilarious, the way he was rapidly kicking his feet and his head going forward like that, he looked like Sonic in his "Lulz Oopsz" tripping animation.

Strangely my favorite running animation of his is the one from Sonic Battle.

Since while he's boosting/flying, what attacks are he gonna use? *Cough*ChaosBlastPlz*Cough*

Maybe Its not true but do you guys see that closed ARK halway they are running from? It doesnt seem straight. It seems they turned left in it.

Maybe those halways are used for turns durning Race Battle instead of never-ending straight path.

And that flying Shadow maybe its somwhow his "After Drift" animation. Maybe he used drift to take that turn.

I mean flying kinda belong to Silver. Shadow should skate.

Just throwing it out there that I don't think that picnic scene is CGI (or atleast not yet anyway). Why do I think this?

image95935.png

That shadow shouldn't be doing that. It seems to be showing on both the table and the ground without being cut off. Makes me wonder if it's actually a hubworld, or maybe they are saving the CGI for later on in that scene (i.e that classic/modern mirror routine). They did the same thing in Colours, where the first cut-scene was in engine with a CGI bit in the middle (the space elevator).

Needless to say, I think the animators/modelling team have done a job well done. The food is nicely detailed to the point that I'm now hungry again.

... Maybe that isn't a point in their favour. Stop making me hungry, Sonic Team.

(Query to self: Is it me or are Cream's ears longer then they used to be? They seemed shorter in the sticker album.)

Further analysis of Shadow battle screenshot:

We can see dust behind them. Such dust appears after drift. As we know Sonic with his new spind dash drift ability returns to running animation imidetely after drift. Shadow seems to drift too. IMO he bursted with his shoes and is in mid-air for few moments because of that.

Why they drifted? See analysis on previous page.

I'll admit, it looked a bit silly when at high speeds but other than that it was very smooth and cool looking. Heroes had a good skating animation also.

I don't know what happened after that : /

• Thumbs Up 2

The Ark doesn't look like the Ark. I thought it was Starlight Carnival for a moment.

Shadow's boost aura should be more yellow :V

Great Egg Robo boss looks sort of meh, but we'll see.

I thought the Planet Wisp shot was fake at first.

Sonic looking into the misty wall and seeing himself is kinda cool looking.

Edited by MarcelloF

The Ark doesn't look like the Ark. I thought it was Starlight Carnival for a moment.

Yeah it does look quite a bit different in that shot. The floor really stood out in the original, and here it's a lot darker and less detailed. I guess it's easier to make out the characters this way.

sonicvsshadow.jpg

I am so looking forward to this. For me it's one of the most memorable moments in Sonic's history.