Awoo.

Classic or Modern Sonic?

Agent York

Size of the quills don't make a difference. I mean really? Quills?

If I were to choose between the personality of Classic and Modern. Classic Sonic would go for the win. Modern is too cheesy. I couldn't wait for Sonic to first speak in Sonic Adventure, I was all like "OOOOHHHHH MY GAWWWWWDDD!!! SAY SOMETHING!!! <3"

But then he was all like "Oh yeah! THIS IS HAPPENING!"... I mean-- who says that? And it's like he's trying to be hip.

And all that "teh powers of teemwork!"... just... No.

Classic Sonic was... quieter, and more chill. He didn't have the urge to burst out in some cheesy line like "Yeah Eggman! Friendship is COOL, it's tight yo! Gonna stop you with the power of friendship and team work!"

I mean modern Sonic is cool. But... he needs to stop with the dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Size of the quills don't make a difference. I mean really? Quills?

If I were to choose between the personality of Classic and Modern. Classic Sonic would go for the win. Modern is too cheesy. I couldn't wait for Sonic to first speak in Sonic Adventure, I was all like "OOOOHHHHH MY GAWWWWWDDD!!! SAY SOMETHING!!! <3"

But then he was all like "Oh yeah! THIS IS HAPPENING!"... I mean-- who says that? And it's like he's trying to be hip.

And all that "teh powers of teemwork!"... just... No.

Classic Sonic was... quieter, and more chill. He didn't have the urge to burst out in some cheesy line like "Yeah Eggman! Friendship is COOL, it's tight yo! Gonna stop you with the power of friendship and team work!"

I mean modern Sonic is cool. But... he needs to stop with the dialogue.

Considering that the Genesis wasn't able to have anything vocally speak and every cartoon Sonic was in had him speaking and saying just as ridiculousily narmy things as M. Sonic. Atleast in Colors, he isn't so much as narmy as sarcastic and hyperactive.

• Thumbs Up 3

Considering that the Genesis wasn't able to have anything vocally speak and every cartoon Sonic was in had him speaking and saying just as ridiculousily narmy things as M. Sonic. Atleast in Colors, he isn't so much as narmy as sarcastic and hyperactive.

Thank god for Genesis limitations.

And when it came to TV shows, it seemed like almost every video game television series on at that time was just corny; Captain N, Mario, Zelda... I'm talking video games.

I bet that they're going to make C.Sonic speak in the new game.

And it turns out the voice will be done by Jaleel White... ^-^

But didn't you just say you didn't like the cartoon interpretation of C.Sonic? :huh:

If they bring back White, they'll probably bring back his cartoon personality as well.

Going to throw this out there for no apparent reason.

224Green_Eyes.png

Do you feel conflicted between which model you like better now?

Not at all. I'd rather modern Sonic have his green eyes back, but either way it's better than pudgy.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nope. M.Sonic looks dead with those eyes and C.Sonic looks scary.

But didn't you just say you didn't like the cartoon interpretation of C.Sonic? :huh:

If they bring back White, they'll probably bring back his cartoon personality as well.

Yeah. Doesn't mean that wouldn't be a funny surprise.

Classic Sonic. It's the Sonic I grew up with, and the Sonic I generally like more. I dunno, I just find his classic image to be cuter, and I'm all for him having black eyes- never been overly fond of the green. Only thing I've always had against classic Sonic's image is his chubbiness =/

Modern Sonic's great too, in his own way. But, in recent years I've just found Sonic's current design to be I dunno.. off- but I've never quite worked out why I feel this way. Guess it's that cheesy grin he does and his head seems much too oversized, if I say so myself. Not to mention I find his green eyes to be rather unappealing, seeing as green's my least favourite colour. But then again, maybe it's just my negativity towards the modern Sonic universe as a whole which brings my slight dislike towards modern Sonic's appearance.

I pretty much like Modern Sonic more than Classic Sonic. I just don't know why though. Probably because it's cooler (especially on Sonic Adventure's original cover). I still like the Classic Sonic a lot, especially in Sonic Generations.

Actually, no it's not. I was lurking the Sonic Retro forums and Ruby Eclipse said Classic Sonic is a mute in Generations.

Actually, no it's not. I was lurking the Sonic Retro forums and Ruby Eclipse said Classic Sonic is a mute in Generations.

I was joking about that. I lol'd at the thought of it.

Classic! :lol:

Nice choice. However, mind elaborating a bit on that? We want posts here to be at least somewhat efforted, like one or two sentences at least? Give reasons for your choices, it is fun! =)

I would prefer, uhm ... I may have to go for the classic design. I like the modern design, but I mostly play the old and classic Sonic the Hedgehog games, and thus I feel the classic design is more of a Sonic for me.

To me there is no "Classic Sonic" or "Modern Sonic". Sonic is Sonic. He's the same guy, and these are the same games.

A lot of characters change designs over time, and a lot of games go through different genres. Who says "classic" Sonic doesn't have green eyes? It's a common art style to portray characters with black eyes, when in "reality" they have an eye color.

I'd love to see Sonic in his original design by voiced in Generations, but I presume they're going for a throwback so he'll be silent or only speak through the text. His current voice seems too deep, so I'd imagine a Sonic OVA type voice.

Edited by Harvest_Jam ♥

classic sonic was only in one bad game,sonic labyrinth.i liked fighters, and i know most people hate it,but i love it and sonic r.

but on the other hand,modern sonics in sonic rush 1 and 2, the stupid chronicles game,and sonic 06!!!!!!!!!!

and i love sonic .cs classic pudgy with atitude,and at least he doesnt fight a guy named eggman

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

classic sonic was only in one bad game,sonic labyrinth.i liked fighters, and i know most people hate it,but i love it and sonic r.

but on the other hand,modern sonics in sonic rush 1 and 2, the stupid chronicles game,and sonic 06!!!!!!!!!!

and i love sonic .cs classic pudgy with atitude,and at least he doesnt fight a guy named eggman

I am not a mod and I do make grammatical mistakes, but could you atleast try to be coherent.

Yes he does; Eggman was always Eggman in Japan.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since DiZ directed the discussion here before I could respond;

Kinda! I mean, can you think of a way they can pull it off without it being...really goofy? Suddenly having one set of games taking place a few years before the other, with mostly the same main cast, but different designs, and no talking?
cboxmegaman9.jpg
I already brought up Megaman in that topic; the difference between that series and this one is that the different versions of Megaman are different characters, with different friends and enemies, in different settings (due to being in different time periods, or even alternate universes). Classic Megaman is not Megaman X is not Megaman.EXE is not Megaman Volnutt, so there's nothing wrong with having these several threads running simultaneously; each of them has their own separate story to tell. But the way Generations seems to be going, and the only way that makes sense since the classic games and the modern games are in the same continuity, classic Sonic and modern Sonic are the same guy, only a few years off.

But the way Generations seems to be going, and the only way that makes sense since the classic games and the modern games are in the same continuity, classic Sonic and modern Sonic are the same guy, only a few years off.

Aren't they both 15 though? If so, everything that happened between Sonic 1 and Sonic Colors must have happened within less than a year.

Then again, a lot can happen in Sonic's world.

If they ever bother addressing it (which is a pretty big "if"), they'll most likely retcon classic Sonic to be a few years younger. They were never really clear on his age in the early years, anyway.

That's possible. I guess that would make Classic Sonic 12 and Modern Sonic 15. Pretty big growth spurt if you ask me.