Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Naaaaaaah

A handheld, which are more popular than consoles in Japan and just got a price cut, saw a spike in sales and beat out a console? Stop the presses!

Seriously, this isn't surprising to me. Don't get me wrong, this is GREAT news for Japan. But, this isn't new to me.

It makes me wonder even more why Sony won't consider dropping the price in Western regions, it's clearly helped a lot in Japan.

Of course the Vita also has some strong-selling Japanese games that don't appeal to audiences here as much.. so maybe that's why.

Western regions aren't going to give much of a shit about the Vita whether it gets a price cut or not. The 3DS is fresh off from a rather disastrous performance last month in the US despite a plethora of newly announced games and Fire Emblem Awakening outselling demand. There'd require some insane magic on the Vita's part to even penetrate that market as of current if even the current dominating party is facing issues in a base that isn't that interested.

But even for Japan standards those numbers that Vita just raked in aren't that impressive which is kind of a crying shame since the Japan console base has been seeing a steady decline as of late. The Vita saw two major releases last week which helped boost it's sales but the numbers those individual softwares got were overall the kind that will probably end up a one-hit wonder as far as weekly charts are concerned. If Soul Sacrifice boosts sales next week it's not going to be much better than balancing the par numbers for another week. Historically it's probably going to end up as Persona 4 Golden and the Hatsune Miku series. So yeah, not exactly expecting an even bigger spike than this one for next week.

You know that topic I made on this game that everyone is ignoring... I think now might be the time to take some serious notice on this game.

Strategic full media blackout

Hit me up when the time comes if you need a very untrustable coop partner

• Thumbs Up 1

Hit me up when the time comes if you need a very untrustable coop partner

Your soul is mine!

I'll post this here too.

My brother wants a PS Vita with Persona 4 Golden, so I'm deciding to be good guy Ralph and help pay for it, and buy him Golden. You Vita owners, what's a good and not overly expensive bundle for the US? I want one of those ridiculously expensive memory cards included.

I replied, though I don't know if that bundle is still available.

I'll be getting one off NewEgg at the end of the month. Can't wait.

It's still available on Amazon for the price of a Standard Vita, so I might as well since I get a memory card. Black Ops Declassified's taint won't ruin this deal.

The best deals tend to pop up on Amazon every once and a while.

If theres any holidays coming up in the US then I'd give amazon a check when they come up. Or if you can wait... I'd hold off until E3.

I already ordered one (it came with a memory card and is still the standard price) because, my brother was watching a P4G let's play and I was like "Come on, man. I'll just help you buy one if you want the game that bad". I have nothing against the Vita itself, it seems like a nice progression over the PSP. I just worry about the future of the handheld when Sony seems to not really be doing anything for it right now, other than Soul Sacrifice, that is.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

The time has come, and so have I.

You, my friend, are in for a great time.

Also Disgaea 3 is fucking fantastic and I'm completely addicted.

is it weird that I love P4A but have no interest in Golden at all despite the fact that I have a Vita?

Vita sales 'exploded over Christmas', claims PlayStation UK boss
Also says fans shouldn't worry about a lack of announced Vita games
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395008/vita-sales-exploded-over-christmas-claims-playstation-uk-boss/

Dead or Alive 5 Plus trailer shows off cross play, touch-screen mode
See the unique new features of the portable version
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394985/dead-or-alive-5-plus-trailer-shows-off-cross-play-touch-screen-mode/

>No interest in P4G

34q4ryb.jpg

idk why, I just never liked the games XD I was going to skip over P4A all together but my friends kinda pushed me into getting it since we all like fighters. Don't Judge! XD

idk why, I just never liked the games XD I was going to skip over P4A all together but my friends kinda pushed me into getting it since we all like fighters. Don't Judge! XD

P4G is my favorite game of all time.

... The hell is wrong with you, man. At least try it out, haha.

P4G is my favorite game of all time.

... The hell is wrong with you, man. At least try it out, haha.

i'll have to borrow it from a friend... if I fall in love with it, I'll definitely buy it.

• Thumbs Up 2

4G improves everything gameplay-wise from 3 and is a complete departure from 1-2. It's the kind of game you'd even recommend to non-RPG fans.

Like, I'm struggling to think of anything bad about the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

4G improves everything gameplay-wise from 3 and is a complete departure from 1-2. It's the kind of game you'd even recommend to non-RPG fans.

It's on the Vita

I'M KIDDING! 4G is pretty much a must-own when you get a Vita.

It's the kind of game you'd even recommend to non-RPG fans.

Seriously? If it's that good. I may actually give it a shot.

I'm not a huge fan of the RPG genre, but I am willing to give anything a chance.

Edited by canderson

I'm more in to Action Adventure, platforming and cart-racing games (and some sprinkles of RPG) so I ignored P4G.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

P4 improved on most aspects of gameplay from 3 (aside from having to guess the enemy weaknesses this time) but I prefer the story and characters from its predecessor by far, as well as the music.

Either way, it all depends on how tolerant you are of generic dungeon crawling because I really only cared about the social link stuff anyway in both P3 and P4, to the point where I would have liked them more had they been straight-up visual novels. It's good generic dungeon crawling... but still generic dungeon crawling. In the end the Persona games weren't really my thing, as well-made they may be.

The only possible thing I can think of is that it simplifies the game and makes things a lot easier, but even then, the new difficulties more than make up for it, and I found all of the small conveniences to be just that - convenient.