Awoo.

Say what you will but sonic 06

Meta77

No no, it's a perfectly reasonable gripe. I too was pissed off with them ruining Blaze's backstory, I'm Pro-Dimension-Blaze. It's even worse if, like me, you genuinely like Blaze.

Hell, even another new character in addition with Silver would have been less bad than taking an established character and f***ing her s*** up.

Still, there's been worse in the past. Namely characters that were previously dead.

Not like it matters this game retconned itself out of the canon, as far as the games are concerned Blaze retains her original back story.

Not like it matters this game retconned itself out of the canon, as far as the games are concerned Blaze retains her original back story.

Maybe so, but the occasional cases of Blaze and Silver "coming" in pairs slightly worries me.

Then again, Colours DS also remembered that Marine exists, so that's nice.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Maybe so, but the occasional cases of Blaze and Silver "coming" in pairs slightly worries me.

Then again, Colours DS also remembered that Marine exists, so that's nice.

I've never had the fortune (or misfortune) to play Sonic06. I've seen it in shops for £10 and yet still a bit touchy to pick it up. It's like if I buy it, the guys at the counter will look at me in some sort of odd way like..."Does that guy have any taste?".

Although I do want to play it so I can actually judge it fairly, maybe do a funny playthrough on youtube...Actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea...

Maybe by "endless whining" he meant that we have too much topics about this game?

Seriously, how many topics have been created on this forum about the quality of the game? Even in topics where the subject is not the quality of the game/people's opinion about it (example: the one with the 3D models), there are people who come to talk about that. We got it, you don't like the game. Aren't there other things to discuss? Unfinished or not, bad or not, the game is almost five years old. We've talked and talked about it. I don't think there's something new to talk about Sonic 06. We're going in circles. And it generally leads to some arguments.

How about we start the new year with new subjects?

• Thumbs Up 3

I may have weird priorities, but my main gripe with the game is with what it did to Blaze's backstory.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Maybe by "endless whining" he meant that we have too much topics about this game?

Seriously, how many topics have been created on this forum about the quality of the game? Even in topics where the subject is not the quality of the game/people's opinion about it (example: the one with the 3D models), there are people who come to talk about that. We got it, you don't like the game. Aren't there other things to discuss? Unfinished or not, bad or not, the game is almost five years old. We've talked and talked about it. I don't think there's something new to talk about Sonic 06. We're going in circles. And it generally leads to some arguments.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Man, we're more than 4 years past the game that made this mess and we've only had one oblique and quite likely meta reference to go on since. It's not going to happen; they didn't explain the moon, they won't explain this.

The various handheld series have always been more descriptive than their console counterparts. Sonic Battle (03-ish) pulled elements from SA1 (99), Chronicles (08) pulled from directly from both of those. The cards in the rivals series stretch all the way back to 91. All of those games, thanks to their word backed format, offer deeper story experiences with more focus on past games and current shenanigans.

The kicker here is that the moon was never mentioned again. We at least have a start on the 06 conundrum.

The various handheld series have always been more descriptive than their console counterparts. Sonic Battle (03-ish) pulled elements from SA1 (99), Chronicles (08) pulled from directly from both of those. The cards in the rivals series stretch all the way back to 91. All of those games, thanks to their word backed format, offer deeper story experiences with more focus on past games and current shenanigans.
So why the hell didn't we get an explanation for this years ago, back when they made Rush Adventure and Rivals 2? Why did we get only a vague, insignificant hint at the situation in a game years later that the characters only cameo in, rather than a full explanation in a timely fashion in the games where they're actually important?

The kicker here is that the moon was never mentioned again. We at least have a start on the 06 conundrum.
I don't believe this is a start. This is a "nudge nudge, wink wink" at the player, not anything that's going to have any bearing on future events. And it's not even any new information; if you believe there's some explanation for Blaze in '06, you already accept that Silver and Blaze worked together, which is all Colors DS says (implies, references) about the subject.

Although I do want to play it so I can actually judge it fairly, maybe do a funny playthrough on youtube...Actually that doesn't sound like a bad idea...

Don't do it. I had the exact same idea last summer. Please. Don't do this to yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the moon's gravitational field pulled the debris back to the surface?

I wish the crater showed up in subsequent games, though. Little details like that really add an extra level of charm to games and TV shows.

As for Silver and Blaze, I like to believe that scene with them in the DS version of Colors is just a mythology gag. The plot really makes more sense if you assume Silver's first canon appearance was Rivals and Blaze's was Rush. Then it's a simple question of what Eggman NEGA is lying about.

Edited by AXB

So what is your suggestion for what should be done when people make topics just to say "Game is awesome. Everyone who disagrees should shut up!" (which I understand isn't what this topic was created to say, but it still happens fairly regularly). There is a "*Crappy Sony Game X* was great and you guys all suck" topic made every other month. Should we all go "of course, that is absolutely true" just because people are getting sick of hearing the games get chewed out? The people who are the loudest critics of the games aren't the ones who generally start the topics where they end up getting dumped on.

So why the hell didn't we get an explanation for this years ago, back when they made Rush Adventure and Rivals 2? Why did we get only a vague, insignificant hint at the situation in a game years later that the characters only cameo in, rather than a full explanation in a timely fashion in the games where they're actually important?

So what is your suggestion for what should be done when people make topics just to say "Game is awesome. Everyone who disagrees should shut up!" (which I understand isn't what this topic was created to say, but it still happens fairly regularly). There is a "*Crappy Sony Game X* was great and you guys all suck" topic made every other month. Should we all go "of course, that is absolutely true" just because people are getting sick of hearing the games get chewed out? The people who are the loudest critics of the games aren't the ones who generally start the topics where they end up getting dumped on.

Are you forced to reply in those topics in the first place?

If you don't reply, these topics won't be active.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Agreed.

Unleashed didn't suck because of glitches or new characters (Chip wasn't all that bad. He's certainly no Marine, that's for sure). It sucked because of the Werehog and the fact that he was so boring and sluggish to play as, so we didn't level him up so that the game could actually become playable

I still think that if the general consensus(by the Media at least) that Unleashed is bad, then Sonic Adventure 2 is a bad game as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's fine in itself, but not when Sonic 2006 Defend threads continue to show up again, and again, and again regardless.

• Thumbs Up 4

Now, the obvious response to this is a smartass statement along the lines of "Are you forced to read those topics in the first place?," but I'll instead ask something else:

So what you are saying is having people constantly create topics to complain about negative perceptions without being challenged (particularly when such statements are frequently hypocritical) is a much better alternative than actually discussing why those negative perceptions exist? I'd say that well over half of the topics that are discussed on this board have been discussed at least once before. Should we simply ban discussion of old topics simply because of reasoning that essentially amounts to you don't like hearing it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Now, the obvious response to this is a smartass statement along the lines of "Are you forced to read those topics in the first place?," but I'll instead ask something else:

So what you are saying is having people constantly create topics to complain about negative perceptions without being challenged (particularly when such statements are frequently hypocritical) is a much better alternative than actually discussing why those negative perceptions exist? I'd say that well over half of the topics that are discussed on this board have been discussed at least once before. Should we simply ban discussion of old topics simply because of reasoning that essentially amounts to you don't like hearing it?

Let's not forget that, aside from the usual half-hearted jokes about it's crapness, most of us actually do try to bury the game and pretend it never happened. But it's difficult to do that when there's a topic every month or so that basically amounts to "Aw c'moooon, give the game a chance. It's not THAT bad. Pleeeease?" Occasionally there's the even more bizarre "It's a great game. You're just not playing it right."

It doesn't matter how patient you are. If something keeps recurring beyond any "acceptable" ignore limit, it's going to get a response. It's inevitable.

Plus, arguing in itself is not the same as flaming.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

If you don't like something being discussed on the boards, especially when it's not breaking any rules, don't reply to it. Who cares, seriously.

If you don't like a discussion on the boards, especially when it's not breaking any rules, don't reply to it. Who cares, seriously.

Edited by DragonSoul

No, I'm especially saying that people already have discussed about these points. Do you like to repeat yourself in various topics? Wouldn't it be easier to simply redirect the discussion in the pre existant topic, so people can find the replies easily?

Let's say member X creates a topic about new Jazware figures. What will happen? Will that topic stay alongside others or would a mod close it and provide a link to the pre existant topic?

I'm gonna ignore the above discussion and just say that I've played the Sonic 06' to about 80% completion, actually got kinda good at it, enjoyed, and then regretted playing it 2 weeks after. There were some unexplained deaths and bad parts to the game (looking at the tails, Omega and rouge playable parts), but I enjoyed playing it for what it was. It wasn't a good sonic game, but it was a decent game overall.

It would have been better if the controls were more like SA2, but no amount of bitching is gonna make it happen. The action stages for Sonic (especially the parts where you go some mach 1 trillion, and die from hitting a box) were actually pretty fun, Shadow's stages were okay, detested the vehicle parts with a hatred able to match over 9000, and Silver's stages were also okay, but not anger ridden like Shadow's were. The load times were major turn off, the stupid mini games with the townsfolk were also a turnoff but I'm a lumberjack so thats okay.

No, I'm especially saying that people already have discussed about these points. Do you like to repeat yourself in various topics? Wouldn't it be easier to simply redirect the discussion in the pre existant topic, so people can find the replies easily?

Let's say member X creates a topic about new Jazware figures. What will happen? Will that topic stay alongside others or would a mod close it and provide a link to the pre existant topic?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1