Awoo.

Say what you will but sonic 06

Meta77

Was actually a fun game. I rebought it the other day. Thank god for it has the original manual and box *the games pretty rare around here now* and after the horrible glitches and horrible camera *which only time it bothered me was during boss fights *dont auto correct me camera I know what im tryig to do* The game was actually pretty fun. I may be the only one but i actually liked the taller model of sonic and slimmer version of eggman. And the game had probably the best CG cutscense i have ever seen in a sonic game. The music was also top notch. The story had a lot of holes in it.....a lot. but the boss intros,music,cg movies,and levels were pretty nice. the only bad things were glitches that killed you, camera and story plot. dang you sega you need to let us know if you killed off a villain or not.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 4

It had some interesting ideas, but the problem was it was never finished. They didn't finish the engine. They didn't finish the level designs. They didn't even finish the story judging by the gaping holes in it.

It had some interesting ideas, but the problem was it was never finished. They didn't finish the engine. They didn't finish the level designs. They didn't even finish the story judging by the gaping holes in it.

Whilst Sonic '06 was a train wreck sometimes on fundamental levels, I still say that the FMV's were pure eye candy and flawless in execution. From the tiniest detail in regards to animation to the luscious beauty of Soleanna Castle Town as depicted in Sonic's intro, Soleanna's Forest in another FMV and Shadow's intro. Just wonderful.

And the soundtrack was pretty excellent too.

Personally, I find His World to be the most epic song used in a Sonic game. Not necessarily 'best', but certainly most epic. Whereas most Sonic songs tend to go for 'cool', His World sounds really heroic, epic and uplifting. It's a shame they didn't decide to continue using it as Sonic's main theme in future, especially considering Eggman's managed to hold onto his theme that was introduced in 06.

Maybe not using it as the main song for every game (that would get a bit old), but at least the tune.

I did enjoy Sonic 06 enough, but I'll admit it was a broken, unfinished mess.

The thing that disappoints me about Sonic 06 the most is the just the plain potential the game had to be a TRUE Sonic Adventure 3. There were even moments in the game I absolutely loved, like Blaze's sole stage. Hell, I even liked how the story was trying to reach the tensity of Sonic Adventure 2 (even though it really doesn't reach that quality). Everything in 06 just isn't finished, it's sad, because it could've been one of my favorite games ever in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly the story in 06 would've still been shit, Imo. Because unlike the Adventure games, it didn't really do anything that they didn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think polish would have saved this game at all. They are very few concepts worthy for a reboot of the series.

http://segaretro.org/Shun_Nakamura?rdfrom=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.sonicretro.org%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DShun_Nakamura%26redirect%3Dno Did this guys wrote the story and came up with the name of the game? He calls the game Sonic the Hedgehog(meaning a re-imagining of series) and made the desicion to add a Sonic Adventure 3 with a dreadull storyline? Wow, what an Asshole.

Edited by ChikaBoing

If you enjoyed the game, then you are definitely the winner here. Me, I really wish I'd gotten my money's worth. Oh well.

• Thumbs Up 2

His World is pretty awesome....as an instrumental of course.

And that right there is the only nice thing I can say about Sonic '06.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

*runs in, waving the flag for Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), ducking under the hail of rotten eggs*

Really makes me laugh, but more often than not I'll be sitting around thinking about my videogame collection (which is, let's be honest, not exactly small) and when I get to Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), I get a sudden "Wow, I really fancy playing that right now!" urge that is quite unusually unique. There's something about it which always draws me in. I never get the same urge about Sonic Unleashed, or anything else for that matter... and I can't identify the cause, either. I just really enjoy playing it and always seem to wind up playing it more.

I think because, if you go on potential, nothing is bigger than Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). Regardless of the execution (which is unfairly treated as "unplayable" and "totally broken" by many, but is actually not as broken as some would have you believe) there's bags on offer here. Three different storylines with three different heroic hedgehogs. A full cast of allies that drop in and drop out of gameplay. A rich storyline that cleverly knits all the various threads together into a singular, satisfying storyline (with, okay, a monster-of-the-week... but at least he was an effective one, and you can't say Mephilis was dull). The music, the locations and even the dash of realism, the most marmite of the new elements, are brilliantly exciting when they succeed and vastly interesting to me when they don't.

Put it this way: I've got two ways of playing videogames. There's the "Hurrah, I win! What's next?" which is basically me completing the game once, reviewing it and hardly ever touching it again. Most games get that from me. But a rare few get the full treatment. I'll walk a character through the scenery, peer behind all the rocks and gaze into the distance, wishing I could go further. That, to me, is Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).

• Thumbs Up 2

I couldn't think of anything I liked about 06, and then I read this post.

His World is pretty awesome....as an instrumental of course.

And that right there is the only nice thing I can say about Sonic '06.

So yeah, there you have it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you enjoyed the game, then you are definitely the winner here. Me, I really wish I'd gotten my money's worth. Oh well.

especially since I paid full price, when it first came out, $60.

and you can't say Mephilis was dull
I can, have, and will continue to; Mephy's like Black Doom, only with a worse design and no campy charm.

I can, have, and will continue to; Mephy's like Black Doom, only with a worse design and no campy charm.

He had much more potential. Its just a shame that someone with a theme tune so eerie received some of the most hilarious lines ever.

They could have actually made him threatening, but he just can off as funny.

He had much more potential.
Personally I think he had very little potential, but regardless, what he actually is, is dull as shit.

Mephiles will remain one of my fav sonic villains beside metal sonic and enerjak *comic wise* since he was the only villain to ever kill sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

especially since I paid full price, when it first came out, $60.

Yeah, me too. You know, the sales clerk actually warned me not to buy the game when I brought it to the counter. I've never had a sales respresentative in a store tell me not to buy a product - that really says a lot about this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mephiles will remain one of my fav sonic villains beside metal sonic and enerjak *comic wise* since he was the only villain to ever kill sonic.

I'm not quite sure why people exalt Mephiles for that. The way he did it? Effective yes but STUPID. And cowardly. Stupid because Sonic's death should've been handled much more epically. Sonic should've been given the opportunity to put up one hell of a fight and go down heroically but no, the guy who takes down gods of destruction, insane genuises and renegade killer robots on a daily basis gets distracted by a shiny thing and (Quite cheaply) gets stabbed from behind.

IMO, It would've been great if Mephiles aimed at Elise first knowing that Sonic would get in the way to save her. Would've made out Meph to be more dastardly and would've given Sonic's death much more meaning.

It fucking baffles me that there are still people who actually believe this game is worth saving. By the time anything good comes of it, it will have virtually zero resemblance to the game in the first place, so you might as well just make an entirely new game instead. Yes, the flaws really are that deeply rooted into the game, and trying to fix it would be no better than polishing a turd - sure, you'd have a nice shiny turd afterwards, but a turd is still a turd.

Sonic is doing relatively fine right now, so for fuck's sake just move on. Shit's dead and buried, no good will come of trying to bring it back.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It fucking baffles me that there are still people who actually believe this game is worth saving. By the time anything good comes of it, it will have virtually zero resemblance to the game in the first place, so you might as well just make an entirely new game instead. Yes, the flaws really are that deeply rooted into the game, and trying to fix it would be no better than polishing a turd - sure, you'd have a nice shiny turd afterwards, but a turd is still a turd.

Sonic is doing relatively fine right now, so for fuck's sake just move on. Shit's dead and buried, no good will come of trying to bring it back.