Awoo.

Say what you will but sonic 06

Meta77

Really? I know you're a Silver fan and all, but the best? I'm a Silver fan, and I definately wouldn't go that far.

I'm quite sure that no one is "The best" fan of anything. Lets put things in context instead of calling ourselves what we think we are. Saying you're the best Silver fan is like saying you're the best Sonic fan, or the best Mario fan, you have no proof, you have no one to agree. Why? Because it's an opinion. And dare I say it but your opinion is wrong.

It's only what people like to call flame bait. Take this as a lesson Flower-Pwer, because saying things like that will make it rain hate and bleed anger.

Edited by Schismatist

I'm quite sure that no one is "The best" fan of anything. Lets put things in context instead of calling ourselves what we think we are. Saying you're the best Silver fan is like saying you're the best Sonic fan, or the best Mario fan, you have no proof, you have no one to agree. Why? Because it's an opinion. And dare I say it but your opinion is wrong.

It's only what people like to call flame bait. Take this as a lesson Flower-Pwer, because saying things like that will make it rain hate and bleed anger.

Noone but you said anything about being the best fan. Flower-Pwr was saying playing as Silver was the best experience she had in a Sonic game.

Noone but you said anything about being the best fan. Flower-Pwr was saying playing as Silver was the best experience she had in a Sonic game.

Shit, I misread, I'm terribly sorry, I haven't slept in quite a while and I have work in a few hours so I'm trying to get as much done as I can. XD

At least it was finished... :)

Then it doesn't really have an excuse, then, does it? :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Drawing in game remarkable, but about a gameplay of the such you will not tell. In Wii version Sonic unleashed a gameplay and that is better.

Drawing in game remarkable, but about a gameplay of the such you will not tell. In Wii version Sonic unleashed a gameplay and that is better.

I beg your pardon?

• Thumbs Up 1

Was actually a fun game. I rebought it the other day. Thank god for it has the original manual and box *the games pretty rare around here now* and after the horrible glitches and horrible camera *which only time it bothered me was during boss fights *dont auto correct me camera I know what im tryig to do* The game was actually pretty fun. I may be the only one but i actually liked the taller model of sonic and slimmer version of eggman. And the game had probably the best CG cutscense i have ever seen in a sonic game. The music was also top notch. The story had a lot of holes in it.....a lot. but the boss intros,music,cg movies,and levels were pretty nice. the only bad things were glitches that killed you, camera and story plot. dang you sega you need to let us know if you killed off a villain or not.

I skipped every other post in this thread but the first, because it was 10 pages long and I don't have time to read all of that.

I agree with Meta. Sonic 2006 was a surpringly fun game to play, surprising for me because I'd heard so much hate for it before I was able to get it. I ended up receiving it and Sonic Unleashed on the same day. And I much, much, MUCH preferred Sonic 2006 to it.

2006 felt like a true successor to the Sonic Adventure series. It kept everything I loved about those games: the multiple characters, concurrent storylines, and the exploration elements. Sonic 2006 probably has the best designed levels in any 3D Sonic game to date. I'm still finding new paths to take through levels, and new secrets. The side-missions are also the best in the series, as they are more than just 'get through level in x time with x rings'. And with the exception of Amy and Knuckles, I found every character a blast to play as.

There are many apparent flaws though. Such as Amy and Knuckles, and some of Shadow's vehicles, which thank god are not always necessary to completing the levels. There are some glitches that send you to your death, and the two climbing characters can get stuck to walls. The loading can also be pretty awful, especially when doing side-missions, so its a good thing I'm a patient man. There's also that one plot-hole in the game, which messes with what is otherwise a surprisingly intricate story whose ending fills me with emotion every time.

That's a deal breaker for most people, but not for me. Realize that I became a Sonic fan because of the Sonic Adventure series, even if I had played all the Genesis games first when I was even younger. So despite the sometimes unfinished nature of the game, I can full heartedly appreciate it for giving me the experience I'd been wishing for since the bomb that was Sonic Heroes had been released.

Sonic 2006 is a damn fun game, which I still regularly play to this day. It is my third favorite 3D Sonic title overall, preceeded by Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 (and proceeded by Sonic Colors at 4th).

Anyways, that's just me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

• 1 month later...

Best memory from the game is sonics first fight with silver. I made the mistake of trying to jump over him and homing attack him. All I can say it being smashed in the air losing my rings then grabbed again on my descent and smashed again. Cheap death but at the time i actually was like wtf is this what bosses have come to.

I think you meant to say worst memory from the game instead. Like you said, Silver killed you by smashing you and repeating right on impact with a wall, but Silver didn't want to kill you like that, he knew it wouldn't be good enough for his douchebaggery, so he kept smashing you into a wall, but made sure you always had 1 ring so you couldn't even have the liberety of simply dying. What was worse was when you were on your last life and Silver did that, you would literally have to exit the game and restart it.

I've seen bad game design, but this has got to be one of the worst.

Then it doesn't really have an excuse, then, does it? :)

Gameplay preference and technical infallibility are two separate issues.

In other words, I'll take a werehog over this:

(watch through this, it gets mind-numbingly hilarious at 4:25)

(and even funnier at 7:20)

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2