Awoo.

Cutscene Reveal

Detective Shadzter

Unlike so much sonic fans, i think the old characters voices were just perfect (aside tails, kate just sounds better that point) :

Jason could Carry out a lot emotions to sonic, while i am not sure if Roger could be as good....

I think displaying emotions is the least of Roger's problems. In the SatSR scene, Jason displayed sarcasm, annoyance, and excitement, whereas in the Colours scene Roger displayed casualness, smugness, annoyance, unsureness, and excitement. Sonic had more character and emotion in that single scene than anything I've seen before.

I think displaying emotions is the least of Roger's problems. In the SatSR scene, Jason displayed sarcasm, annoyance, and excitement, whereas in the Colours scene Roger displayed casualness, smugness, annoyance, unsureness, and excitement. Sonic had more character and emotion in that single scene than anything I've seen before.

Yeah I agree. Its whether his voice FITS the character of Sonic we have come a custom too all these years.. which in my opinion it doesnt... but over time im sure we will become used to the voice. No matter who people say was better out of Griffith and Drummond, the voice they pulled off was similar, and in my opinion conveyed sonic well in both.

I think Griffith had the better acting, whereas Drummond had the voice but w/e.

I cant help but look at that model and expect a Griffith voice to be blurred out :(

Also the cutscene looks incredibly similar to the ones in unleashed. Possible it was rendered in the hedgehog engine and shoved on the wii as a video file?

Also the cutscene looks incredibly similar to the ones in unleashed. Possible it was rendered in the hedgehog engine and shoved on the wii as a video file?

Seeing as Unleashed Wii did exactly this, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah thats mainly why I assumed it. If it does happen, the cutscenes will look better for sure. But aslong as the LOOK is consistent rather than an out of place looking cutscene I dont mind..

Awesome writing.

Looking forward to seeing Eggman- As my favorite character, it's always great to see his perfect balance of evilness and wackiness handled well. Can't wait!

I doubt it, since the cutscene graphics looks pretty much identical to the in-game graphics.

Hmm, it took some getting used to but to be completely honest the new voice for Sonic sounds much more natural and fits the characters personality more. Tails is also a vast improvement.

Yes, I'm liking the humor of this game and how it's not going all dramatic and serious like previous outings "MARIAAAA!" "Where's that damn 4th chaos emerald" "Elise!!!!!" , "We're Sonic Heroes!".

I would be surprised if that was the case, because from my understanding the Hedgehog Engine requires a lot of pre-calculations... For Sonic Unleashed they could afford to do that since it was done for the HD versions before being recorded for the Wii version. But since Sonic Colors is only for the Wii, I don't think they would bother...

Hmm, it took some getting used to but to be completely honest the new voice for Sonic sounds much more natural and fits the characters personality more. Tails is also a vast improvement.

Yes, I'm liking the humor of this game and how it's not going all dramatic and serious like previous outings "MARIAAAA!" "Where's that damn 4th chaos emerald" "Elise!!!!!" , "We're Sonic Heroes!".

I like how "We're Sonic Heroes!" got in your list of serious stuff in the series :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Listen to Griffith's condom ad (I know it sounds weird).

His "Sonic" voice, is his regular talking voice.

It too sounds like an adults voice, because it is an adults voice.

Sonic doesn't sound 10 years older, his voice is just deeper. And again, I stress, this is one of many cutscenes in the game.

When you're talking casually, your voice often softens and lowers a bit, same applies here. When in a tense situation or in an exitable mood, your voice raises a little bit.

Also, why do SEGA feel that they need to change Sonic's vocal type?

Because they're rebooting the brand, this may also mean rebooting the character

They went out of their way to hire new writers and replace the whole vocal cast besides Eggman. They were probably planning a retool of his character.

They're probably trying to put behind them, the character (includes voice) of the Sonic which starred in the worst Sonic games, and replace it with a fresh start.

A new character who sounds more natural, and doesn't come off as a slight prick, but an actual cool guy.

Sonic was designed to beat Mario and be cool. People's perception of Cool changes with time. The cool from the 90's isn't cool anymore. The cool from 5 years ago isn't cool any more.

Mario is timeless, because he doesn't say more than 3 words at any one time. There is virtually no character behind Mario (all he does is save the princess), so there is no need to change it.

Preach my man!! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be surprised if that was the case, because from my understanding the Hedgehog Engine requires a lot of pre-calculations... For Sonic Unleashed they could afford to do that since it was done for the HD versions before being recorded for the Wii version. But since Sonic Colors is only for the Wii, I don't think they would bother...

I like how "We're Sonic Heroes!" got in your list of serious stuff in the series :lol:

Edited by Silencer226

the hedgehog engine doesn't allow real time rendering.

... Yes it does?

I mean, it's the whole point of the engine.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's a video of Roger Craig Smith at London talking about Sonic and his fanbase

Much thanks to Doctor Sonic for uploading the video. ^_^

Tails' voice reminds me of his SATAM voice and Sonic's voice is pretty good I mean I know that it was made to be deeper because SEGA wanted sonic to sound older anyways but past that it's still really really good.

Watched it a few times. Both casts were very good! Tails's voice was perfect! No problems here. Sonic's lower voice really took me by surprise 'cause I'm more used to hearing Sonic with a higher pitched voice, but RCS was rather good, too. Can't wait for more.

BTW, fourth wall-breaking FTW! :D

Unlike so much sonic fans, i think the old characters voices were just perfect (aside tails, kate just sounds better that point):

They had their ups and downs, but they definitely had some flaws where calling it "perfect" is far from the truth.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

but they definitely had some flaws where calling it "perfect" is far from the truth.

Wrong. its in my opinion perfect and i have my reason and i stated it in my previous post in this thread,

their is no such fact in life that says they are good or bad. so its all about opinions from person to person tastes, each person is allowed to state their opinions.

and No opinion is a fact, including of what you just said.

Edited by speedduelist

Wrong. [...] its all about opinions from person to person tastes, each person is allowed to state their opinions.

In that case, CSS' post was an opinion too and can't be 'Wrong.' (;

• Thumbs Up 3

In that case, CSS' post was an opinion too and can't be 'Wrong.' (;

Who Ever said about 'can't be wrong', did i ever mention 'can't be wrong' in my post?

any ways I just spotted an Error of what he said saying that my opinion is far from the truth, After that i told him that their is no opinion on that subject, because opinions are some thing that could change from person to person and facts are just constant and people's thoughts can't change it.

where calling it "perfect" is far from the truth.
Edited by speedduelist

Opinions, facts, it's all so confusing. Surely there must be a Wentos out there that can set us straight.

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who Ever said about 'can't be wrong', did i ever mention 'can't be wrong' in my post?

Yep. Where you said that opinions aren't facts. Therefore opinions cannot be 'wrong'. And you called his post 'wrong'.

Anyway, I'm not gonna argue semantics with you again. My response was just a little tease, anyway, and not meant to be incendiary.

Now, let's not derail the topic further (as what has happened in the past) please?

Anyhow, I don't think any of the VAs are 'perfect', myself. Not even the new ones. I like them a lot better than the previous ones, though. Sonic, to me, sounds much more like I've always imagined he'd sound, even if the pitch is lower than expected. Tails sounds much better too, although I'd still prefer an actual make VA. But Kate is doing a fine job from what I've heard of her so far. Both Sonic and Tails sound more natural, I think... less scripted. I imagine that's a combination of better voices, better direction, and a fun script to work with. Can't wait to see more!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep. Where you said that opinions aren't facts. Therefore opinions cannot be 'wrong'. And you called his post 'wrong'.

Anyway, I'm not gonna argue semantics with you again. My response was just a little tease, anyway, and not meant to be incendiary.

Now, let's not derail the topic further (as what has happened in the past) please?

I hope you tell your self that because i am not the one who started this. i was making a tiny note and then you made a lot of big deal out of it then come to blame me for that...

I don't see the word 'wrong' either way in my post at any ways.

Now so we can agree : lets Close that subject and go back to topic. I Think Tails is the only improvement so far, i prefer sonic when he was more like a 12 years old.

he could carry a lot of emotions. but that is just my opinion. i hope the other VA's are Great like Tails was.

Edited by speedduelist