Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Dude what does that text say?

I quoted it earlier, but:

Tails [talking to Sonic]: "Uh, are you talking to the broken robot who can't hear you?"

:P

I quoted it earlier, but:

Tails [talking to Sonic]: "Uh, are you talking to the broken robot who can't hear you?"

:P

I mean ths stuff Game Informer wrote about the cutscenes.

I mean ths stuff Game Informer wrote about the cutscenes.

It's NGamer.

And:

Sonic games aren't known for their slick cutscenes, sparky plots and great voice acting. But *gasp* the storytelling here is actually rather good. Humour is a strong point (the Wisps refer to Eggman as 'Baldy Nosehair', for example) and even Tails manages to be slightly less nauseating than usual.

Sonic Trainer from the SEGA Forums :

He starts to mention what happens when you get all the Emeralds but cuts off as to not to spoil it (being able to play as Super Sonic besides the final boss fight?)

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?349448-Anyone-got-a-copy-of-the-latest-Nintendo-Power&p=6296403#post6296403

PLZ SEGA PLZ, I Just want to explore for those emeralds again in a sonic game other than sonic 3, if you make it happen fans will reward you with dozens of cookies.

- Your loyal fan, speedduelist

P.S the Rest of the Comments on the person who saw the interview is in the thread. here is a copy&past :

At the start the reviewer makes a great analogy though comparing hopes for a Sonic game like having hopes that the Detroit Lions might win a Super Bowl however he says that this game is the best one since Sonic's heyday meaning it's BETTER than Sonic Adventure.

It points out that we often feel like that modern Sonic games are all about just running fast when that's not entirely true, that they were also about platforming and this focuses on that as well. 3D gameplay portions are very polished. No control or camera issues in sight (Sega has slowly been getting better with this). It does offer Gamecube and cla$$ic controller options though motion controls are minimal mostly only flicking to activate a power up.

Whisps are more of an enhancement than another forced gimmick. Many places you can opt to just bypass without using a whisp power and complete the stage as regular Sonic, a throwback to the powerups of Sonic 3.

He starts to mention what happens when you get all the Emeralds but cuts off as to not to spoil it (being able to play as Super Sonic besides the final boss fight?)

40 stages total and the multiplayer give the game a lot of content for those fearful of a short game or too much rehashing of levels like in past games.

One negative thing mentioned was some boss battles are recycled in this game.

Much like Unleashed don't expect any badly written melodrama. The series seems to be sticking to the lighthearted approach to storytelling more like a Saturday morning cartoon rather than a bad anime though expect some bad puns and the usual cheezy writing.

Music and graphics were praised and while some scoff at the cheezy themesong from what we've seen Colors is one of the nicest looking Wii games to date as if Sega's keeping a secret from other devs when it comes to making pretty Wii games. Seriously Sega find a way to make your Sonic Wii graphic engine and sell it to third parties. You'd make a fortune.

Now he wishes the Detroit Lions would win a Super bowl.

As for the DS version. The thing is it looks like Sonic Rush and plays like Sonic Rush except you have the whisp power ups. It's fine but it's a lot shorter and has no multiplayer or leaderboards. It's perfectly fine but lacking somewhat in features compared to SRA.

Edited by speedduelist

I'm really looking forward to the cutscenes actually. I usually do in a Sonic game (the pretty CG ones of course), but this is a great relief that they'll actually be somewhat comical this time around, <3.

-Blur

40 stages total and the multiplayer give the game a lot of content for those fearful of a short game or too much rehashing of levels like in past games.

One negative thing mentioned was some boss battles are recycled in this game.

Sonic team, what did you do now <_< (I am kidding)

he is probably talking about the multiplayer i guess.

What I do find interesting about this game is the fact that the replayability doesn't come from online play or a Chao Garden, but from the ability to explore the level.

This is one of the first Sonic games that looks like it would make me want to replay through the levels again and again.

Not because I needed to get something in the level or because I needed to farm for Chaos Drives, but simply to have fun in the levels. Very few games for me do that.

Not even the Adventure games made me want to do this to this extent and that is one of the main reasons why I think/hope that this game will succeed.

This said though, I do hope that they bring back the Chao Garden in the future. I highly doubt that it will be in Colours now.

What score did the music get?

Audio: 9/10

"Sonic's ditched the J-rock for a full-on orchestra, with impressively catchy results"

Graphics: 9/10

"Colourful and intricate. It's almost a shame when the speed reduces them to a blur"

Gameplay: 8/10

"Reaction-testing 3D sections and classic 2D platforming. It's the best Sonic game in years"

Thanks,Dr. by the graphics they probably complained about the Boost making the blur Effect.

any word on super sonic or the emeralds in the NGamer review?

Thanks,Dr. by the graphics they probably complained about the Boost making the blur Effect.

any word on super sonic or the emeralds in the NGamer review?

No word at all.

No leaderboards or multiplayer in the DS version?

I thought that had been confirmed.

Either way, that (along with the shorter overall length) explains the 7.5.

No leaderboards or multiplayer in the DS version?

I thought that had been confirmed.

Either way, that (along with the shorter overall length) explains the 7.5.

I think they're mixed up. Online and offline (multi and single card) multiplayer and online leaderboards have been confirmed for DS version. Wii version has online leaderboards but I don't think multiplayer supports online play.

I think they're mixed up. Online and offline (multi and single card) multiplayer and online leaderboards have been confirmed for DS version. Wii version has online leaderboards but I don't think multiplayer supports online play.

So then why the 7.5 (not asking you directly, just in general)?

I need to see a scan.

Very much thanks to Brainiac 8 from the PAX Forums :

SonicReview1001.jpg

SonicReview2001.jpg

he told me he could only upload the first 2 stages because his scanner isn't doing well tonight.

The scanner isn't cooperating tonight, so I only got two pages to work properly.

Still he already did a great job , now we have lots of reading to do :)

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=17020509#post17020509

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay, good information even if I had to squint to read it, glad to see it get a 9.0, and can't wait to see the other two pages.

EDIT: Getting Chaos Emeralds from the Sonic simulator confirmed, beat all three acts to claim and emerald and collecting them all gives you a reward they won't spoil. So you collect Red Rings, then unlock Sonic Simulator stages, complete those to unlock Chaos Emeralds, and then the Chaos Emeralds unlock something.

Also the though of a Miis head on Sonic's body IS terrifying.

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

From the review page 2 :

sonic simulator, which you can play corporately with a friend ,completing these stages in turns earns you chaos emeralds and once you gather all chaos emeralds,well that's a secret. thought i hesitate to mention it

Super sonic in stages confirmed.

Unlockable after finishing the Simulator 'bonus' stages.

Well I hope he isn't limited to the simulator stages and final boss fight...

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by speedduelist

From the review page 2 :

Super sonic in stages confirmed.

Unlockable after finishing the Simulator 'bonus' stages.

Well I hope he isn't limited to the simulator stages and final boss fight...

I saw that and it sounds awesome.

Also... For our imagination...

ahhhhhhhhh.png

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lol. they could have just gave it tails Skin (Body) or even knuckles.

i mean seriously sonic team, knuckles and silver and jet and amy ...etc were in sonic and the black knight multi-player, now you are giving us a sonic clone with the best sonic game in 16 years ;_;

Lol. they could have just gave it tails Skin (Body) or even knuckles.

i mean seriously sonic team, knuckles and silver and jet and amy ...etc were in sonic and the black knight multi-player, now you are giving us a sonic clone with the best sonic game in 16 years ;_;

To be fair if they did add the other characters people would ask why they can't fly/climb/glide/use hammer/whatever so I can understand where SEGA is coming from.

ahhhhhhhhh.png

Me wants Mario's face in that body.

To be fair if they did add the other characters people would ask why they can't fly/climb/glide/use hammer/whatever so I can understand where SEGA is coming from.

I guess so. i didn't care much for those characters to be honest in Sonic 3, its just sonic vs sonic is not a fun idea.

Edited by speedduelist

Me wants Mario's face in that body.

I guess so. i didn't care much for those characters to be honest in Sonic 3, its just sonic vs sonic is not a fun idea.

Mario's face we can do. lD

And to be fair, they're Sonic robots./.. Kinda' like the Shadow Android Multiplayer actually in Shadow the Hedgehog. Except they come in a variety of Colors.

I will be really mad if SEGA Limited Super sonic to the multi-player stages (then again its possible since the stages in multi-player are based around some of the Genesis Game level design).

MUCH better than no thing thought. besides we could play 1 player in Gameworld