Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Colors getting a 9 now? Sweeeeeeeeet.

Still, I gonna put that excitement on hold and point some disappointment at the the DS version. I kinda figured the lack of a second playable character would hurt the tittle, but not that much. If NP gave it a 7.5 than everyone else is gonna nuke it to kingdom come.

I'm kinda worried about that because I really still want to see a Sonic Rush 3 and this hurts the prospects (yes, I am still on the podium).

EDIT:

Also, Console Sonic > Handheld Sonic

My head just exploded.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Colors getting a 9 now? Sweeeeeeeeet.

Still, I gonna put that excitement on hold and point some disappointment at the the DS version. I kinda figured the lack of a second playable character would hurt the tittle, but not that much. If NP gave it a 7.5 than everyone else is gonna nuke it to kingdom come.

I'm kinda worried about that because I really still want to see a Sonic Rush 3 and this hurts the prospects (yes, I am still on the podium).

EDIT:

Also, Console Sonic > Handheld Sonic

My head just exploded.

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

That's pretty much how I have been feeling. Rush Adventure gave you plenty to be excited about, with the watercraft and a renewed focus on stage gimmicks really showing an evolution of the original. Colors DS gives us what... 2 wisps? I dunno, the pull just isn't there for me.

I guess they just expected it to coast on Rush's success, and I'll buy it on that alone. I just don't expect to get as much out of it.

Now all we need is for IGN to give it a good score and the internet shall implode.

WELCOME BACK SAWNIK

How crazy would that be to have a Sonic game with high scores. I could tell my friends about it and they wouldn't be able to say, "Oh I heard that was crap".

But yeah, too bad for the Rush version on DS. I hope it's the full package like the previous ones. Rush Adventure is my favorite handheld Sonic since Sonic 2. I feel like it's a combination of the game not shining as bright as the console version, plus some tweaks that might've separated it from the Rush formula. The Wisps don't look as fun to control on the handheld, boosting is reduced, and tricking is entirely removed. The new reticule homing attack is in there. I wonder if it plays more like Adv3 with all that in there.

Edited by Dabnikz

As someone who usually considers an 8 for a Sonic game from Nintendo Power the "Kiss of death", seeing a 9/10 makes me a little more hopeful.

A little...

As someone who usually considers an 8 for a Sonic game from Nintendo Power the "Kiss of death", seeing a 9/10 makes me a little more hopeful.

A little...

I just bought me the new NGamer. Nothing much to report seeing as we already know the score and a rough summary of the review itself, but it has a rather nifty cover with Sonic on the front and Eggman on the back, both with "SONIC COLOURS: THE WORLD EXCLUSIVE REVIEW!" and some Wisps.

Oh, and a new line of dialogue that I don't believe has been mentioned yet!

Tails [talking to Sonic]: "Uh, are you talking to the broken robot who can't hear you?"

(Sonic's facial expression in this screenshot is hilarious)

I just bought me the new NGamer. Nothing much to report seeing as we already know the score and a rough summary of the review itself, but it has a rather nifty cover with Sonic on the front and Eggman on the back, both with "SONIC COLOURS: THE WORLD EXCLUSIVE REVIEW!" and some Wisps.

Oh, and a new line of dialogue that I don't believe has been mentioned yet!

Tails [talking to Sonic]: "Uh, are you talking to the broken robot who can't hear you?"

(Sonic's facial expression in this screenshot is hilarious)

Scan It my British bretheren.

Ok I didn't need to say that but you get the idea.

Not going to say any thing until IGN or game spot reviews the game. most likely because nintendo power been easy on the recent sonic games.

game spot and IGN gave the recent sonic games bad scores, and this is why i am looking forward to their review/reaction.

Edited by speedduelist

Not going to say any thing until IGN or game spot reviews the game. most likely because nintendo power been easy on the recent sonic games.

game spot and IGN gave the recent sonic games bad scores, and this is why i am looking forward to their review/reaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would, if I wasn't at uni and had access to a scanner :P

Maybe I'll try taking some snapshots on my phone. But that's the best you're gonna get from me, I'm afraid.

It's such a small screenshot that it's not going to come out very well on my phone, I'll see what I can do but I can make no promises.

Basically it's a shot from Tails' perspective, you see Sonic up ahead on tip toes presumably talking to the "broken robot". Upon Tails pointing out that the robot can't actually hear Sonic, his eyes have gone all big with embarrassment and he's kinda looking around as if to say "umm... no?" :P

Out of all the trailers, screenshots and interviews, none of them interested me, but the one scene you just described has gotten me on the verge of preordering this game.

Gamespot? Really?

Yep. i would like to know how far they could go with their reviews, since i am more likely be able to pass the flaws they spot on most of what they point out in their sonic unleashed and black knight reviews (their opinions any ways).

Edited by speedduelist

It's such a small screenshot that it's not going to come out very well on my phone, I'll see what I can do but I can make no promises.

Basically it's a shot from Tails' perspective, you see Sonic up ahead on tip toes presumably talking to the "broken robot". Upon Tails pointing out that the robot can't actually hear Sonic, his eyes have gone all big with embarrassment and he's kinda looking around as if to say "umm... no?" :P

Which issue is this again? Nintendo Power?

Edit: Oh, it's NGamer. Nevermind. But still, would like to see a scan of the review and Sonic's facial expression. :P

Edited by sonfan1984

Must...see...that pic!!

Right, here we go folks!

The front cover starring Sonic:

DSC00382.jpg

The back cover starring Eggman:

DSC00383.jpg

And now the one you've all been waiting for! It's not a brilliant pic, but you can just about make it out with the contextual details I gave you:

DSC00386.jpg

It needs to be seen properly to be appreciated fully though :P

Images have been spoiler tagged due to size.

Edited by Doctor MK

Ha ha! I love the cartoony animations in this game. Fits a lot better than all of the serious stuff we're used to. Thanks for the pics Doctor MK :D