Awoo.

Minecraft

Noir

Deleted all my stuff in Minecraft to give it a newer feel along with the new updates.

I can't get over how awesome my base is.

I built it a few steps away from my spawn on sand. At first it was a basic house made out of plank and had the essentials in it (toolbox, furnace, chest) but its quickly evolved from that to become much more epic. Behind the house I built a staircase that leads to a lookout tower which I'm building a bridge on to lead to... I don't really know. I'm thinking about making a simple room full of chests that have all my valuable items once I have found more stuff. Ideas for what to have this "bridge" lead to are welcome. Anyways, I have this basic entrance, just a door with a big pit in the front that a creeper blew up and then on the opposite side of that entrance, theres a tunnel that goes through the mountain my house is leaned against to the other side of the mountain, also including a mining shaft in the tunnel. I personally think having a tunnel that runs through the mountain a great idea because my house can easily be ambushed by creepers when day comes around, so I can just go through the tunnel and leave through the opposite side of the mountain to attain the resources I hunger for.

Sorry, I get really up and excited about my minecraft.

Ideas for what to have this "bridge" lead to are welcome.

Do the most adventurous thing possible. If the bridge is above ground by more than 10 blocks, just build in a direction. Anywhere. Just keep building and make it longer until you hit something and can't continue it. Then you have a bridge to that spot.

sounds useless but I found a lot of my really awesome stuff that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up - according to ModDB, Minecraft is due to hit Beta status on the 20th. There's a few things hinted at like genuine mod support (not just texture mods, I'm talking full-blown game changing shit), more stability, yadda yaddda yadda, that's not important. What IS important is that the Beta also coincides with a price rise, up to just under 20 US bucks. This doesn't affect anyone who already bought the game during the Alpha period, so if you wanna get the game for its current price, now's the time to do it.

In other news, Notch says he's adding Cake to the game if Minecraft wins the ModDB awards. I'm kinda indifferent to it to be honest, but at least it would give milk and eggs a genuine use instead of sitting around being fucking useless.

Edited by Blacklightning

So I got Minecraft like a week ago, and I can't get off it, XD. I've been dumping tons of hours into the alpha version. I've got a full blown tower with a tunnel at the bottom of it that leads to bedrock...then spans quite literally FOREVER, XP. I've burrowed so much that I've found like quite a bit of diamond and gold, along with like 4 piles of 64 red dust crap. This game is addicting, O_o. Just recently though, I've decided to hack up all the obsidian I've made, and damn that shit takes forever to break, D;. But I got enough for a full frame portal anyways, and made it The Nether. There, I always seem to die pretty damn quick, so I need some sort of a shelter in there, lawl.

I've been trying to load it up this morning so I can try out the beta, but the screen just stays at the Mojang Specifications screen for an eternity, D;.

-Blur

Notch said there are a good deal of problems with the client starting up... and he'll fix them tomorrow.

Stay classy.

I actually haven't touched Minecraft in a long time. Got kind of bored of it. Glad I didn't buy it now.

I hope the lag with bottomless worlds that the beta introduced would get fixed soon, it makes Skylands a pain to play when it starts lagging while you're on the edge of an island.

Oh, and also... Open Minecraft, load a world, and go into third person view (hold f5). Merry Christmas!

Spoiler pic of what it is for those that are too busy to open the game since it's Christmas day:

xmascape.png

• 1 month later...

*Breathes life back into topic*

So, was wondering if Minecrafting was still going around in these parts. I would like to partake in such activities. Perhaps even restarting the server if need be.

MIIIIIIINECRAFT n_n

Post-Beta newb here. My most recent construction was via MCEdit; a giant admin-ship disguised as a run-of-the-mill island.

This game's so fun it made me stop playing WoW for three weeks.

Cool. I got into it Fall of last year, and have to say it's truly something fun. I've also built some large scale things while I was in the swing of things.

ScreenShot478.png

ScreenShot477.png

Though, it's been quite awhile since then... and picking it up again to play with more pals.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

Minecraft gets a release date of 11/11/11

We had a board meeting today, which felt relatively grown up and mature. We had it at a nice asian restaurant, and there was food, drinks and coffee. Carl held a nice presentation, showing the progress of the company, and we discussed and voted about various details on where to go and what to do. The most relevant parts for Minecraft is that we decided to bring in bug fixing into the development method in a more clear way so that people working customer support can add them as tasks for us, and that we finally set a release date for Minecraft.It’s a bit tricky to really do a release for Minecraft as we keep updating it all the time. For one, the version we deem as the “full version” won’t be very different at all from what the game was like a week ago, and we’ll keep adding features after the release as well, so it’s really more of a milestone when we finally get rid of the Beta label, and some kind of goal for us to work towards. The plan is to be open with this and try to get people to cheer us on as much as possible, but to be open with the fact that the game won’t change much at the actual release day. (It’s more a progress up until that point)

We picked November 11, with the unofficial tagline “us too”.

It’s the same date as a few other games and movies, and the one I’m the most excited about is Skyrim, so that will be a nice reward for me if we actually manage to hit that date!

And, in case you want an update on Minecraft:

We’ve been working on finishing up Achievements and Statistics for 1.5, I ran into some issues with JSON, got frustrated, and added weather instead. Developing new features like that is what I enjoy doing the most, so I ended up covering a lot of ground. There’s periodic downfall (snow in snowy areas, rain in others, nothing in deserts) that make the sky darker, hides the sun, moon and stars, and makes everything wet. Ice grows back in cold regions, and snowfall covers the ground when it’s snowing. During rain/snow, there can be occasional thunderstorms with lightning. I haven’t finished the actual lightning bolt yet, but everything else is fairly done.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

Once the stats are done and the weather has been tested through, we’ll release 1.5. I’m guessing this will be next week. The piston mod might get added, but it will not be in time for 1.5.

Also, 1.5 for next week? Seems pretty fast, not that I'm complaining. I'm definitely most interested in the rain and storms. Creepers in the rain will be so intense...

The official Beta 1.5 preview video.

Looks like they're going to have the early achievements double as the "learn to play" tutorial.

That lightning makes it look really epic 8D. Did you see it touch ground about half way in on that sandy area, O_o? I'm gonna piss my pants if I get struck by lightning while playing, XD.

-Blur

That lightning makes it look really epic 8D. Did you see it touch ground about half way in on that sandy area, O_o? I'm gonna piss my pants if I get struck by lightning while playing, XD.

-Blur

I honestly doubt Notch would be stupid enough to implement a system in which people and buildings get ruined at complete random by lightning strikes. It probably won't be anything more than a bit of pretty eye candy while it's raining.

Anyway, this is a mod right now. but if the video is to be believed it's been submitted to a Mojang representative by its creator, source and all, so in all likelihood it'll be in some future update (probably not 1.5 though, unless I've missed something). And I can't fucking wait for it.

After slowly gathering the materials I needed (I mean slowly), I finally managed to build it:

scomplete.png

I'm going to change the orange to brown wool when I can gather enough of it, it seems to be pretty rare at the moment. Getting the skin colour right is a pain in the backside. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

After slowly gathering the materials I needed (I mean slowly), I finally managed to build it:

scomplete.png

I'm going to change the orange to brown wool when I can gather enough of it, it seems to be pretty rare at the moment. Getting the skin colour right is a pain in the backside. D:

THE MOST AMAZING.

Seriously I have been trying to get something like that but I have not had the time, because I want to make it custom and that is going to take a while.

Also I have been building a skybridge. Made of glass. It will connect to several glass towers, all with a specific purpose, and all as tall as possible.

There will only be good times ahead.

I'm going to change the orange to brown wool when I can gather enough of it,
Use dirt instead. The colour and texture between it and brown wool is so much alike nobody is likely to spot the difference, and the way you've got it set up there's no way at all to sprout into grass somewhere down the line (it requires at least one air block above it for that to happen). To be honest though, I don't really see any issue with the way it is now, orange probably fits a lot better.

Well, as long as we're posting our creations, here's my house on the SINcraft server. Linkin' it because it's fucking huge and page-stretching. Right now I'm a bit strapped for ideas on what to put inside - I've got reed and wheat farms, a barracks, a dining hall, a crafting centre, a chapel, and a forest (no, not a tree farm, a literal fucking forest on top of it. It's really that big) and I've still got another two floors left to fill and decorate. =\

Use dirt instead. The colour and texture between it and brown wool is so much alike nobody is likely to spot the difference, and the way you've got it set up there's no way at all to sprout into grass somewhere down the line (it requires at least one air block above it for that to happen). To be honest though, I don't really see any issue with the way it is now, orange probably fits a lot better.

I've got dirt as the darkest tone at the moment, and was going to use the brown wool to blend the dirt and sand together a little better (since the brown wool is a little lighter on the texture pack I'm using). The orange just seems to stand out a little too much for my liking. D:

Nice house by the way! Liking the pig shape. :P As for ideas, we've got a battle arena on our server which is pretty damn fun. Basically consists of a forest-ish arena with watch towers and cover to hide behind while 2+ people duke it out with swords/arrows. If your house is big enough you could try something similar?

I'm starting on my biggest project yet now, got a whole city planned out and a lovely bit of land to build it on. It's gonna be a long one, but worth it I hope.

Hello Minecraft thread. :3

So... I have a few little things in MC I'd like to show off. They're all built on Silva's server, since I find single player a tad boring compared to multiplayer. Plus, Serpi and Silva help me build stuff, so it gets done quicker.

First, my cat base. This is where a lot of supplies are stored, and underneath it is an underground mine cart system to travel around the map a little quicker. There's also a garden and a couple of ranches behind it. There's was enough food stuff that numerous amounts of cakes were made and stacked on top of the cat base.

20110417224256.png

20110417224421.png

20110417224456.png

This is a pic of one of the stops in the mine cart system. My wolf was in the cart for some reason, so I sent him on a little trip after this pic. :3

20110417224620.png

One of the more distant places is a large cat base called LOLCAT. Since it's really far, I built a rest stop about halfway through, since maybe that area will have some things being constructed around it.

20110417224857.png

LOLCAT is located in a big snowy area with lots of cliffs and mountains. I'm planning on building statues on top of each of the mountains at some point, but I haven't quite decided what to build yet.

20110417225027.png

20110417225226.png

LOLCAT also has a giant bowl of fire on top of its tail. I have no reason why really, just thought it looked nice. Especially since it's fire.

20110417225240.png

20110417225316.png

There's also lots of other stuff on the server, and some new stuff being built right now. I think it's supposed to be secret or something though, so I got to keep quiet about it. :3

Edited by Mimi
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh hai.

I've done some stuff on Minecraft myself. I haven't done anything big or notable, but I figured I may has well show off the most recent thing I've done. Like Mimi's projects, these are all on Silva's (DJ FLiGHTS) server, however unlike her I didn't get much help with my project. Then again, I was the only one with the plans for it, so.....

Firstly, here's the pack of wolves I've been able to build up so far. I've managed to get 11 at this current point.

wolvese.png

Now onto the thing I built. Basically, I made a building with sprites on the walls. They're simplistic ones though because I'm lazy not very good at minecrafting.

Here are the obligitory Serperior and Blaziken sprites you would all expect me to make.

serperior.png

blazikenr.png

And now for the wall sprites.

zerozb.png

"WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

megamanu.png

8 bit Megaman, not much else to say.

sonico.png

tailsmb.png

And some Sonic stuff because it wouldn't be right if I had a sprite base and posted it on here with nothing Sonic related.

There's also lots of glass floors in it that were added which I have no idea what to do with. Oh well.

And yeah, that's about all I've done with minecraft.

Edited by Serperior
  • Thumbs Up 3

I've only played the free version of Minecraft, and dammit I want NEED the actual game.

This is probably the most meaningful thing I've done, even though approximately 1000 people probably did it before.

207480_1938034819366_1497257455_2133869_5255250_n.jpg

I'll just make with what I got I guess...

• 4 weeks later...

One of these days... I'll get into Minecraft. It looks like an example of feeling reward for hard work and toil.

Also... You guys have to see this...

Worlds from several Miyazaki films recreated in Minecraft

my god....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zTtwXQ5PJM&feature=player_embedded#at=80

I'm posting this everywhere I can. :I

Edited by YoshiUnity:The Fresh Maker
  • Thumbs Up 1

A month's time with many falls had (hence the beds), breaks, and concentration of monks went into this. Behold, my team's (Mimi, Serperior, & myself) ultimate creation. I present, Sonic the Hedgehog!

screenshot624.png

• Thumbs Up 8