Awoo.

Minecraft

Noir

Nope. It's totally random. Although I personally think they specifically spawn wherever I don't want them to. Fuckers.

Please, don't want them to spawn near me.

I need string so badlllyyy.

There are so many good videos around about this game. Here's why you don't dig straight down.

Oh my god seriously.

Wow, he has diamond tools too, either hacked or he's done this for a decent amount of time. I hope he isn't as stupid as he was when he did that.

I've only hit lava a few times, and it's always where it shouldn't be/fucking creepers exploding and filling the whole damn room whhhyyy

Well as long as we're talking videos, this is my personal favourite:

I was wondering what was so great about that the whole time but... wow. That is quite possibly one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a long time XD

Also I ran around exploring to see those two mountains with the bridge. Got to camp there for a night. One had a ginormous cave in the base and of course CREEPER OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE killed me while I looked around. So after gathering my stuff again I went exploring some more and found a nice floating island that monsters couldn't get to and I completely leveled for tons of stuff during the night. Later found these two unbelievably cool mountains. They're the tallest ones on the map and one has lava pouring all out of it and the other has waterfalls everywhere.

Aaaaand then I got lost. Freaked out because night was coming, got up on a mountain to build my hut... and realized it was the same mountain I had camped on a few nights before. I thought it was pretty odd.

Oh, and a question for Galaxy Man since you're a filthy pirate too, do you hear all sound effects in your game? Because for whatever reason, I don't. I hear things walking and myself breaking and placing blocks. But nothing more.

Edited by Noir

Okay, who all would be interested in a SSMB multiplayer server? If we can get a few people together at once I want to run a test to see if my laptop can handle running a server.

Give me a general idea of when you could connect (with your time zone please).

Oh, and a question for Galaxy Man since you're a filthy pirate too, do you hear all sound effects in your game? Because for whatever reason, I don't. I hear things walking and myself breaking and placing blocks. But nothing more.

Uh, are you talking about music? Music seems to pop up very very not often. Very not often indeedily. But other than that, yeah I think walking and breaking things are the only sound effects outside of zombie/spider/creeper/skeleton talk. If you can't hear that, I dunno what to say to you. Guess you're sorta fucked in that regard.

Must make creepers and spiders a bitch though.

Yeah, I'm talking sound effects rather than music. I don't hear monsters make any noise at all. I thought it might be a problem because it's a pirated copy but I guess not. Need to buy this soon...

Cipher: I'm definitely interested, though I don't think I'd be available at any time that would be particularly convenient for anyone else for... probably the rest of the month. Like not until after ten or later, eastern time. For now at least; usually anywhere between three and midnight would be fine.

Yeah, I'm talking sound effects rather than music. I don't hear monsters make any noise at all. I thought it might be a problem because it's a pirated copy but I guess not. Need to buy this soon...

That's actually more than likely EXACTLY the problem. Sometimes pirated shit is missing stuff. I wouldn't doubt that whoever put the file up forgot some sound files.

Cipher: I'm definitely interested, though I don't think I'd be available at any time that would be particularly convenient for anyone else for... probably the rest of the month. Like not until after ten or later, eastern time. For now at least; usually anywhere between three and midnight would be fine.

My copy is outdated I think? (like version 1.something) So I'll have to download the new JAR file and see if everything will still work with that, but otherwise I should be cool for a server too. All depends on if I can get the new update or not, dunno how that really works.

Well as long as we're talking videos, this is my personal favourite:

I thought he was just going to to hit the bottom and fall out of the game. That's happened to me.

OH DEAR.

I found a cave system, right? Pretty big one, filled with iron and coal. I travel down this hole in there, hear skeletons. I dig three blocks away and hit a dungeon.

With another cave, even bigger and filled with gold, coal, and iron.

I dig out a coal vein? Another cave. More iron, coal and gold, and 5 diamonds.

Another cave? This one filled with red dust and with a waterfall and a lava pool?

So now I have more iron, gold, coal, and red dust than I know what to do with, and I am currently literally on a pile of obsidian that I am slowly mining out thanks to my new diamond pickaxe that is showing no wear and tear even after 30 blocks of the hardest shit to mine ever.

I'm pretty sure I found the winner cave here guies.

We are so very fucked in the ass so very, very hard.

Can you kill them even? I can't imagine getting into a fight with that thing using anything but arrows. On a cliff, while it attacks you from the sky, while it is raining.

Final boss kinda shit you know.

At least Ghasts are probably going to be stuck in Hell.

Also, SSMB creative mode server set up, still looking into setting up a survival mode server. Send me a PM for the password so we can keep griefers out (or at least have fewer slipping in). Find the (Un)Official SSMB Server on the list here:

http://minecraft.net/servers.jsp

I'm CorVInuS in-game, by the way.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Must've just taken a bit to update.

EDITEDIT: And now it's back down again. Huh.

Edited by Blacklightning

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Must've just taken a bit to update.

EDITEDIT: And now it's back down again. Huh.

Hm, I'll look into it. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Should be good. Let me know if it's still messed up and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT 2: I also removed the password, I'll reinstate a password should we need one.

Edited by Cipher

Still nothin'. I get a "You failed to connect to the server. It's probably down!" notice every time I try to connect. <_<

Still nothin'. I get a "You failed to connect to the server. It's probably down!" notice every time I try to connect. <_<

Well crap, let me make sure all the port settings on my routers firewall are good, that sounds like the problem.

EDIT: My firewall is bad about not saving settings or using horrible labels I can't edit to determine what computer it's applied to.

Sorry to do this, but try it again and if it doesn't work I'll switch to the next machine on the list.

My apologies for the inconvenience guys.

EDIT 2: Okay everything seems to be working, Mine away.

Well since we already had a griefer, PM for the password. Password system doesn't seem to work upon further testing.

EDIT 3: Shoot me a PM should anything go horribly wrong, guys.

Edited by Cipher

Oh silly me and my pirating... obviously I can't use the server. And I just found out you need Paypal to buy the game, which I don't have. I guess I can pay someone to buy it for me.

Also started building rooms in my house... fuck yeah progress!

Oh silly me and my pirating... obviously I can't use the server. And I just found out you need Paypal to buy the game, which I don't have. I guess I can pay someone to buy it for me.

Also started building rooms in my house... fuck yeah progress!

You should be able to log in with a free account since this is a creative server (pending my overcoming my laziness to set up a second server for survival).

EDIT: Okay, now that the creative server seems to be set up right I'm going to try and set up a survival server since my amazing powers of procrastination kicked in and decided I can do homework later, but setting up servers, I should do that now.

Edited by Cipher

Yo Pirate guys. Buy the damn game already. As you can see Notch and co deserve all the money they can get.

Yo Pirate guys. Buy the damn game already. As you can see Notch and co deserve all the money they can get.

I HAVE NO MONEY.

Well I have money but it is going to Sonic Colors, and also a car. Minecraft can wait.

Taking the (Un)Official SSMB Server down for the night. We had a griefer do some damage there at the end so I had to restore a backup. Anyway, here is a .zip filled with screencaps I took of tonight's session, highlights include giant WEEGEE.

http://www.zshare.net/download/81915330816eff78/

We got off to a rocky start, but once it smoothed out it was pretty fair going. One thing I will be looking into is trying to improve the quality of connection, we were getting some serious lag for a while. If all goes as planned, we'll be back up some time tomorrow, I'll post when the server is online.

Multiplayer survivor mode server will be up when I can be bothered to open a port for it on my router.

Anyway that's all for tonight/this morning, (depending on where you live. Thanks to my Ops for keeping an eye on things and I hope everybody that stopped by the server had a good time.

Edited by Cipher

Figured I'd post a couple of screens too, for those who wanna see some of the stuff RITENAOW!

Gigantic Creeper SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...!!!

SSSSSS.png

Next we got floating Awesome Face, some varied Pokeballs, and background WeeGee!

Scenery.png

Oooh! I made this one! It's-a-me! Mario!

Minecraft2.png

This on'es mine too. Was originally Pac Man, but someone ninja'd the bow and lipstick XD

Minecraft3.png

And I made this huge sucker too. No flying powahs either! Was alot of fun! WEEEEEEEEGEEEEEE!

MinecraftCreation.png

All in all, it was great fun tonight! Thanks for hosting, Cipher! Hope we can get a bigger crowd soon!

Would somebody like to run a test of my survival mode server? Need to make sure everyone else can connect. I'll send you a PM with the IP address and port to connect to.

Say, does anyone know if there's a specific amount of blocks of space for mobs to spawn? Because I built parts of my house over some holes left by creepers and I think I'm hearing spiders in them. I'm too afraid to check though in case a creeper happens to be hanging out with it...