Awoo.

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Odd. My character somehow got glitched, and I was unable to complete one of the first quests (buy a class skill from the shop) for whatever reason. I'm starting over now. I'm just glad it happened sooner than later, I probably would have been to frustrated to start over if I had played more. :P

Odd. My character somehow got glitched, and I was unable to complete one of the first quests (buy a class skill from the shop) for whatever reason. I'm starting over now. I'm just glad it happened sooner than later, I probably would have been to frustrated to start over if I had played more. tongue.png

Uhhh, I don't think there is a quest like that... Could you point me which order was it?

EDIT: I take you mean this one?

Afin’s Client Orders

afin.jpg

どういうスキルを選ぼうか?

* Objective: Purchase a skill at the Class Counter

* Prize: メセタ Meseta: 100 経験値 EXP:20

The word shop threw me off a bit but I guess you purchased a skill from the class counter...

Class-Counter-450x253.jpg

Skill-Tree-450x253.jpg

I haven't done that one in a while so I'm not sure which were the specifics to clear the order...

Edited by gato

Uhhh, I don't think there is a quest like that... Could you point me which order was it?

EDIT: I take you mean this one?

The word shop threw me off a bit but I guess you purchased a skill from the class counter...

Class-Counter-450x253.jpg

Skill-Tree-450x253.jpg

I haven't done that one in a while so I'm not sure which were the specifics to clear the order...

Eh? My friend who was guiding me through the game said to buy it from the black guy at the weapons shop. He had skill CDs, so I assumed that was all I needed. I guess he forgot.

The character's already been deleted, but I was only level 3 anyway, so no harm was done. I'll just have to add a few people again.

Keep in mind there are other 2 very similar quests and all of them come from the same guy...

フォトンアーツのセッティグ?

* Objective: Set a photon art in the weapon palette

* Prize: ??? Meseta: 100 ??? EXP:20

テクニックの設定方法?

* Objective: Set a Technic in the weapon palette.

* Notes: Only the Force class can set a Technic to the weapon palette. Change your class to a Force to complete this order.

* Prize: ??? Meseta: 100 ??? EXP:20

He was probably talking about these ones.

In the first one you have to purchase a Photon Art disk from the black guy (or find it on the ground) and put it on a weapon, the second one requires you to be a Force (or have a very specific weapon) and put a technique in a weapon (in the same way you did with the PA's)

Here is a tutorial about how to equip Photon Arts (and Techniques) in case you don't know how.

Edited by gato

k... I think I managed to play with KT on city last night but just when I was mentioning my need for sleep I had some electricity problems. D:

Anyway, while today I'm kind of busy with some problems my sister's pc is having (she should just buy another at this point >_>) yesterday I managed to took some screens of a particular event.

We were doing the typical "forest grind til lvl 25" and we found 2 rockbears... we killed them...

Except that they didn't die... I thought Rockbears died when they were killed...

C0lYT.jpg

EdozJ.jpg

Wl0oY.jpg

Oh well, at least they seemed peaceful... (except that one punched me at some point , didn't take screens of that though and I didn't take damage for that)

1eHyL.jpg

At the end they just died of old age or something like that, which is a shame because I'd love to have a pet Rockbear following me around.

Edited by gato

Ran into some people that got hacked today. Yeah, I'm not going to risk idling in the lobby.

pso20120730064810002.jpg

^ The fact that it's Block 20 doesn't surprise me. I love that block but it's super chaotic and naturally gets a bad rep for it. x'D Just make sure you don't idle in ANY part of the lobby and you'll be fine. Nothing to be scared of. My usual idling area of choice is in the campship but if I actually had a room, I'd totally afk in there. I miss my room. It had World with Me music and lots and lots of plants everywhere. :'{

Almost everytime I go to the city, something weird ends up happening. In this case, ragne decided he wanted to be magestic!

pso20120723_213134_000.jpg

He was so graceful, he got stuck in his jumping animation...

pso20120723_213148_001.jpg

...For the entire duration of his life. The poor evil spider! xD I also grew to level 40 about a week ago, which was pretty exciting! It gave me the power to use rare armor units, which make me look like a Gundam or a humanoid airplane. Either way, they look nice. x}

Looking forward to the August update definitely! Imma take pics of those summer rappies as soon as I see them and then steal all their tuna! >:0 I'd take reskins if it means stronger enemies. Dericious!

Not sure if I can post this pic but it's too funny to not share it (might be NSFW)

jFUa3.jpg

Oh kay...

Last night we had an update!

Check here for the new Scratch content.

Check here for the patch notes.

Check here for a new "purchase premium" campaign.

I'm kind of short on time, so have some screens.

Ever watched King Kong Versus Godzilla?

mYD3J.jpg

KX9hb.jpg

1tr7x.jpg

rCnGR.jpg

mG15r.jpg

KnY4e.jpg

Man they didn't even pay attention to us. XD

Ragne won at the end (I guess I shouldn't be surprised that thing has an insane HP), then we (me and a paserby) obviously proceeded to kick the profound darkness out of it.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

^That Ragne/Mech fight was amazing. 10/10. Wish the mini bosses on my game would fight every now and then and let me have a break. >:U

Boy oh boy, it's been awhile since I played this game! Ahhh I keep getting distracted. I'm so sorry PSO2. ;A; So if I can log in, I will def be on and kill some things over the course of the evening. Yes indeedy!

So who likes merch? PSO2 is pumping out neato stuff by the boatload. Just search for it on AmiAmi and you'll get glorious things such as... t-shirts and a tote bag! Links and pics under the spoiler! Be sure to look at the sizes before committing. I linked them all to a Medium but there are more sizes available.

Fonewearl.jpg

Fonewearl shirt

Arks-Reflector-Shirt.jpg

ARKS shirt

Rappy-Shirt.jpg

Chibi Rappy shirt

Tote-Bag.jpg

tote bag

I really loooooove that rappy shirt! Gonna save up so I can buy the blue one! ^o^/ The Fonewearl one is pretty cool too! Gah. So much money pain.

Also apparently the TOS has been updated to say that only Japanese connections are allowed to play the game. It does not say there will be bans. Be aware that this same statement is seen on the JP PSU TOS as well, so do not panic. The game will be finished with maintenance in about 2ish hours from now. May as well update your launchers now if you're awake. It's a big one!

Edit: Okay, I lied about the 2 hour thing. Apparently the servers are up now. xD

Edited by Coral
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for covering the most important points of the whole drama that happened last night. tongue.png

So yeah, there was an update in the TOS, it's basically the same one we had for PSU and the betas, but chances are you won't get banned unless you do things that would get you banned anyways. (doesn't hurt to exercise some caution though)

For those having problems with the patch, here is a nifty compilation of links in SendSpace.

Here are the new things you can get in the patch. (I'll try to get me the bronze medal, not sure if those things are sell-able though)

As a side note, Koffee's quest have been toned down... A lot... What would usually require you to clear a quest in 22 minutes now you can do it in 45, keep an eye on Bumped for the updated timers (since this seems to apply to all of her quests).

Edited by gato

Does anyone know what kind of graphics card I'll need or do you think putting the games settings all to low will work for a GeForce 9400 GT?

As a side note, Koffee's quest have been toned down... A lot... What would usually require you to clear a quest in 22 minutes now you can do it in 45, keep an eye on Bumped for the updated timers (since this seems to apply to all of her quests).

That's great, considering I've been stuck looking for a party that could clear the Caves one for for so long that I got bored and started levelling other classes.

DESERT HERE I COME.

Does anyone know what kind of graphics card I'll need or do you think putting the games settings all to low will work for a GeForce 9400 GT?

Here you have some quite outdated min specs:

o Windows XP 32bit

o Windows Vista / 7 32bit or 64bit

o Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or higher

o RAM: Windows XP 1.5GB or higher

o RAM: Windows Vista / 7 2GB or higher

o HDD 8GB or higher

o NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or similar graphics card or higher

o DirectX 9.0c or higher

o Broadband connection

Your best bet though is to check it with the character creator demo, it comes with a benchmark test.

Wow, that's odd. I never had any problems with her quests, so I wasn't aware it was a problem for people.

As long as you have a party most of them are no problem...

Most of them (even with a party Banther and Banshee can be a bitch the first time and 1 desert quest is bugged to the point that you require luck to beat it in time)

Having said that I must do a correction, it seems like the changes in the timer only apply to some orders, not all of them.(ie: Unlocking free Floating Island has some timers on par with the previous ones), as I said before, keep an eye on Bumped (whenever Ricardo has time) to check for the updated timers.

Screens time! (more in the gallery)

ew3uH.jpg

Final FO design, I'm probably going to switch between this one and the older one once the sub classes are made available.

99XOP.jpg

This game sure loves to troll me sometimes...

BEY9E.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu.... (It's not very clear, but it's a PSE Burst + Code: Avoid)

qR6NL.jpg

More encounters with the undead...

And last but not least, here is another encounter with our good ol' pal Sucky, it seems like he has been getting creative...

yMyGi.jpg

xmp3n.jpg

That's our Sucky! Re-inventing crash landings since 2012!

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Goodnewseveryone.jpg

Good news everyone!

Sakai knows about some players breaking that recently added TOS and he doesn't mind!

Still... As every time Farnsworth speaks like this, there is a terrible side to all of it. It turns out that there is a chance of us getting the lock.

One of the reasons for this TOS change is to make it easier to address malicious users. Unfortunately it appears most of the malicious acts are coming from overseas territories. Even today, they had to take down the game for maintenance just to address exploits found by these players.

Since there have been many good foreign players who have already made progress into the game, they really do no want to cut off the connections of everyone playing outside of Japan. HOWEVER, if malicious acts from overseas players continue, they will be forced to take drastic measures.

Which pretty much means that we are boned. (because let's be honest, I highly doubt the ones doing this would let this chance for "world scale trolling" go)

Now, there is a lot to discuss about it (mainly, bitch about GameGuard and SEGA doing something that reeks of scapegoating and how of all the scriddies out there we happen to get the louder ones).

Or maybe nothing happens and we keep playing... Who knows! BTW Check the rest of the post @Bumped because the updates coming next month look pretty awesome.

(I had a longer post discussing in a bit more detail my opinions about all of this, but I'm out of time so this will have to do)

"Malicious Acts"? Is this like bug abusing and scamming?

Also, how is it playing on Japanese servers as an American? Is everything translated? Do Japanese people speak English?

"Malicious Acts"? Is this like bug abusing and scamming?

Also, how is it playing on Japanese servers as an American? Is everything translated? Do Japanese people speak English?

The game is separated into different ships that basically serve as massive servers. Ship 2 is where most international players gather, though Ship 10 is also pretty popular. From there, each ship is separated into a few dozen blocks; Blocks 20 and 21 are primarily all English.

The menus are all in Japanese, though there is an English patch that came out recently. I learned how to get by without it, but it definitely helps.

Goodnewseveryone.jpg

Good news everyone!

GameGuard updated!

No... Wait... For some reason the security software updating isn't good news at all...

I have no words to describe how I feel about this, but for the moment, please read the linked thread before opening the game and consider what are you going to be doing while playing it.

Also, a little screen and some story:

FR6r2.jpg

That Lillipa doll hates me... (yeah, that thing talks like the parrot)

As you might be able to see, I had a team switch, actually me and the other active member of our team (Heart) had, we've been meeting with Elly for a while and when she offered us (actually, only Heart got the offer, I just tagged along :V ) to join we considered it for a bit... And as you can see, we accepted.

Thing is, our previous team took some really heavy blows when the whole NPC thing exploded, one of the main members got banned (I'm no longer sure why he got the hammer, but I know he wasn't one of the scriddies), the leader of the team (personal friend of the banned member) obviously didn't like this and so his activity in the game faded, the same could be said about 2 other members who were close friends with the banned guy, the last I heard of Lungo he was still having problems with his PC (actually, I'm mostly leaving this post here so he knows what happened the moment he decides to come back) and the rest of the team just vanished.

I'm not sure what went trough Heart's mind when this happened but our last talks were about all the updates coming next month and the possibility of getting some nifty bonuses for being on a team, we ended up saying that we either begun a 2 man epic recruitment campaign, or we switched (something that was on my mind for a while, when I said "raid Dissie's guild" I wasn't kidding), I should asking if any of this influenced his decision...

I'm also using this post to make the team public and extend (once again!) my invitation to anyone who wants to join. :V (you could also raid Dissie's team too)

No, I have no shame... Why are you asking that?

^ The Gameguard update is kinda making me a bit nervous to be honest. ^^; I hear lots of people are getting blue screened because Gameguard makes critical processes stop working. Not sure if want... though I have been itching to try out the floating island. Such a hard decision! D: I think I may wait until Gameguard steps up their game and releases a patch. I don't wanna have my comp bug out again.

To make things worse, it looks like something's going on with Sega IDs and passwords. Apparently, it's recommended that people change their passwords. I got an email also telling me that it's strongly recommended to pass change. Quite frankly, the thought of having to deal with the Japanese captchas again makes me not wanna. Ehhhh.

Oh yeah and here's 2 screenies I got in sometime ago before the update. 1 is of an ADORABLE Rika pic and the other is me seeing a Summer rappy for the first time. They also show off my chara's new look. :b

pso20120808_024150_003.jpg

pso20120808_025544_005.jpg

Man, this got kind of dusty...

Okay, after some complaining SEGA managed to get GameGuard to back it's patch off for a few days, sadly, the thing came back and while it's not causing so much problems (I guess) it's still shutting down Windows processes...

Or so I've heard, I haven't been playing that much (relatively speaking), today I'll go on and see if I have any problem worth reporting.

Having said that, Bumped has shown us a new update for the game had after it's weekly maintenance!

This one includes:

- Staff costumes (now you can be like Doo Doo?).

- Afin's costume.

- Tea's costume.

- White Rappy costume.

- New haircuts and accesories.

- New story quests.

- We also have 2 completely new sets for casts. (and since they haven't been seen yet I think they are wort the screens).

Golden-Cast-450x253.jpg

Wasp Series

Purple-Cast.jpg

Sheriff Series.

Now that I think about it, the Sheriff series might be Legias costume... Eh... Not sure.

BTW, Legias is a really obscure character right now, he only appeared once at the very beginning giving you and Afin some sort of introduction to the Arks and hasn't been seen since then (except for a very rare attack code that I believe has been removed since the POB) so don't bother to remember him.

As a side note...

Arks-Prize-PSO2.jpg

Shame mw won the character contest, I'd love to see this badass grandpa in the lobby.

Annnd let's wrap this up with a screen!

wcoP2.jpg

lol Ragne

EDIT1: Massive derp of my part, the update comes next week. >_>

EDIT2: I logged in and yeah, GameGuard is still messing up with Windows processes like the last time it updated, so keep in mind that before launching the game.

EDIT3: More updates!

Due to the bugs and balance issues that occurred in the Crystal Dragon Update on August 8th, 2012, Sakai plans to distribute compensation to all players affected by these bugs.

Compensation Conditions:

* To those who cleared a quest on the Floating Continent field before the August 15th, 2012 maintenance.

Compensation Item:

* 「レアドロップ倍率+50%」×5個

* 「Rare Drop Boost +50%」 x5

Distribution Date

* August 30th, 2012 @ 16:00 JST

Cool! I think I'm actually getting some of those! :P

Also:

New-power-450x264.jpg

Also the logo for the next update coming in September is called “New Power!” It appears this large scale update is split up somewhat like the Crystal Dragon update. To avoid spoilers, Sakai obscured some parts of it.

Totally not the new weapons... 59885%252520-%252520absurd_res%252520applejack%252520artist%252520sileresp%252520liarjack%252520vector.png

Edited by gato

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, I'm taking my time to make these so my multiple posting isn't so blatant. >_>

EDIT. Forgot to add, GameGuard reverted back to it's previous version so there are no more issues with 64x users... Until they update again.

First of all, yesterday we had an update with new costumes, time attack and matter board quests.

Then we have the first player's suvey going on, if you are confident in your Japanese feel free to post your opinions of the game, what do you like about it and what would you like to see improved.

We also have a confirmation, subclasses are going to become available in October!(and contrary to PSO-World's first reactions, it works as most of us guessed it would work, also, inb4 Weak Bullet + Rafoie spam)

But maybe the most interesting update is the one that we will have in a few days, with the addition of 3 new classes and weapons (which I guess they were made with the sole purpose of complementing the original ones and be used as sub's once October arrives)

The new information about the New Classes and Weapon Categories has been updated! The information was discussed in three magazines: Famitsu Connect-on, Weekly Famitsu, and Dengeki Playstation.

New-Weapon-Categories-450x481.jpg

New Class: Fighter (ファイター)

To unlock this class you must be level 30 in Hunter and clear a specific client order.

They excel at lightweight weapons.

Fighter Weapon List

* Double Sabers (Gear) (No Guarding) (No Urgent Evasion)

* Twin Dagger (Gear) (No Guarding)

* Knuckle (Gear) (No Guarding)

* Gunslash (Just a reminder, this is the all class weapon)

Fighter Class Skills

ブレイブスタンス Brave Stance (Active Skill)

* Brave Stance: When you attack the enemy from the front, damage increases.

* Brave Stance: When you attack the enemy from the back, damage decreases.

ワイズスタンス Wise Stance (Active Skill)

* Wise Stance: When you attack the enemy from the front, damage decreases.

* Wise Stance: When you attack the enemy from the back, damage increases.

(this is pretty cool, it's like giving you a choice if you want to be a brawler or a ninja :U )

New Class: Gunner (ガンナー)

To unlock this class you must be level 30 in Ranger and complete a specific client order.

This class has a special “Chain System” borrowed from Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Gunner Weapons List

* Twin Machine Gun (Gear)

* Assault Rifle

* Gunslash

Gunner Class Skill:

チェイントリガー Chain Trigger (Active Skill)

* Based on where you land attacks on an enemy, the chain counter is counted up.

* After you activate and use this skill, your party members regardless of class can contribute to the chain count by attacking the same area.

* You can increase the chain count through normal attacks, photon arts, and attacks from extra actions.

チェインフィニッシュ Chain Finish (Active Skill)

* When you use a photon art in that area, based on the chain number, your damage increases.

(I haven't played PSPo2, but this looks like an exploitable skill, and I know of someone who will love to be Hunter/Gunner just to look like a Dante wannabe XD )

New Class: Techer (テクター)

To unlock this class you must be level 30 in Force and clear a specific client order.

This class is intended for you to battle on the front-lines. (PSO's FOmar/marl?)

They have higher S-ATK and S-DEF than forces.

They have lower T-DEF than forces.

Techers have access to wind, light, and dark technics. Forces can even use Wind and Dark Technics. (I don't think this is worded properly)

Any other technics are unknown.

Techer Weapon List

* Wand (Gear)

* Talis

* Gunslash

Techer Class Skills

テリトリーバースト Territory Burst (Active Skill)

* This increases the effect range of “Support Technics”

* This isn’t covered by “Attack Technics”

PPコンバート PP Convert (Active Skill)

* When using this skill, the PP Recovery Rate increases.

* However, your max HP decreases.

Knuckles

* Knuckles can be used by Fighters only.

* They do not have a “guard” to defend against enemy attacks.

* They have a “Heat Gauge” type gear that increases and decreases.

* When an attack is landed the gear gauge fills.

* Whenever gear is filled, the attack motion speed increases.

* Because of this the Just Attack timing changes.

* Their extra action is like that swaying motion you do when unarmed. You use it as a means of evasion.

* Drill Knuckle/Nacht weapon will be distributed in the Premium Package.

* There’s also a RockBear Knuckle called ロックナックル Rock Knuckle.

Double Saber

* Double sabers can only be used by fighters.

* They do not have a “guard” to defend against enemy attacks.

* They have a “Stock” type gear. (The Gear Gauge stays in place until you consume it like Partisans?)

* The way you charge this gear is unknown.

* When you use this gear a “whirlwind attack” like animation occurs around you that gives damage to enemies within range. (See Link For Possible Explanation)

* Their extra action icon is original and details about it are unknown.

* Kronos Scythe/Nacht weapon will be distributed in the Premium Package.

Twin Dagger

* Twin Daggers can only be used by Fighters.

* They do not have a “Guard” to defend against enemy attacks.

* The gear fills up based on the “Air time” (how long you stay in the air?)

* When the gear is used, the attack power increases.

* Their true value is demonstrated by staying in the air by making good use of Jumping and Photon Arts.

* The Extra Action is called “Twin Dagger Spin”, it’s another way to evade attacks, but the details are unknown.

* Bloody Art /Nacht will be distributed in the Premium Package.

* The 朧 (Oboro) weapon to be distributed in some way.

Twin Machine Guns

* Twin Machine guns can only be used by Gunners.

* Twin Machine Guns have a “Heat Gauge” type gear.

* When you use gear, your attack power increases.

* When you receive damage, the gear decreases.

* Extra action icon is original, different from the back palette icon.

* H10MissouriT/Nacht will be distributed in the Premium Package.

* Banshee’s Roar weapons to be distributed in some way.

Wands

* Wands can be used only by Techers

* Wands even have “Heat Gauge” type gear, but their effects are unknown.

* When the gear is filled, normal attacks have an extra effect like an “explosive flame”-like Tech.

* The damage is based on Tech Power.

* They have a back palette icon, it seems to be similar to Rods.

* Windmill/Nacht will be distributed in the Premium Package.

* Regalia weapon to be distributed in some way.

I'm kind of annoyed to having to do 3 client orders for this but it can't be worse than the cap quest right?

Right!? >_>

(jk, I'm hyped for this)

EDIT2: Check the latest update in regard to the new weapons!

And we have a video now!

Look at that gunner go! :o

Something tells me I'll be copying my teammate's Hunter/Gunner combo once it's available.

Edited by gato

... the last I heard of Lungo he was still having problems with his PC (actually, I'm mostly leaving this post here so he knows what happened the moment he decides to come back) and the rest of the team just vanished.

Heyo. Sorry it's been so long since I've been around. I did buy a new computer in that time so I am physically able to play again. Until this week though I've had problems with my connection, having to use a much slower and unreliable one. That's also been sorted out but now I'm busy with coursework, seeing as my last year of uni is just around the corner. It's just one thing after another... =/ I won't be on much but whenever I find the time I'll try to get a session in.

All of these new classes and weapons that the blog talks about sound exciting, but what's...

Autumn.jpg

O_O I have to get back on soon.