Awoo.

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

Dr. SEGA Monkey

So I've been joining teams a lot more recently and blimey does it get confusing when you have a lot of people in multi-party areas, firing this and that all at once! XD I didn't realise until now how underpowered Hunters are relative to the other classes. But hey, it's still a lot of fun.

I haven't been able to play much in the last week but I've managed to spend a bit of time mopping up hordes with Gato. Lol I had no idea what I was doing in that Tundra mission the other day. I thought Time Attack meant "wipe 'em out asap!" but there was a bit more to it than that. Here are my pics from the last week:

New outfit and all that:

pso20120708231238039.jpg

Panther shenanigans:

pso20120713184047025.jpg

Lol I can't see:

pso20120713194927034.jpg

Woo my mag finally evolved into Libra! What's that Delphinus doing in the frame? =P

pso20120715214904021.jpg

These guys need their own game:

pso20120712233126002.jpg

Edited by Lungo

Screens time!

Yesterday I had a quite crappy day and it seems like things will only get crappier from here on, so you might not see me online as much as I used to...

Eh... I'll deal with it...

Despite yesterday's fail to manage to get at least 1 hour of gameplay I got a very interesting encounter, at free caves we were about to go to city when we found 2 Kathies (after fighting 2 more a few meters above), we kill one and lo and behold... Ragne decides to pay a visit...

A3HXV.jpg

d2hFT.jpg

LJSFZ.jpg

DAYFd.jpg

We also had a Double Dragon battle (1 dragon, then changeover) but I didn't document that one, shame because it was also a fun one and I got one of those rare swords out of them.

Wow, looks like ya'll have been having fun! Then again, panthers and spiders are both great for epic shenanigans. And pain. Lots of pain! D: Sad to see things going rough for you, gato. I know the feeling or at least something of a feeling. Been experiencing it for the early part of this year and prolly next year too. x'c Hope things work out for you though!

Regarding PSO2, I haven't been able to get on the game more than once this week buuuut that'll change after I'm done downloading the update! :} Everything about it and the new weapons, aesthetics, and item rotations is detailed in the blog update.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-content-update-71812/

My omai.

Oh god the update...

It has a lot more than what I was expecting (not that I was expecting much).

Anyway, some people have been reporting to have problems while running the launcher after it patches, so I'll share a solution I found at Bumped... (with some little edits here and there from me)

First of all open any explorer windows and press "Alt", go to the tools menu and click files/folders option, then go to the second tab and scroll down in the list until you find an option called "Use the Sharing Wizard" (or something similar, the guy in question used french Windows and mine is Spanish).

Once you uncheck the box go to your PSO2 folder, go to all the important executables (the ones that have a lock next to the icon) and go to properties, then go to the security tab and go to "edit", then select "add", then go to "advanced" and then "search now". A list will appear, select your user name, "administrators" and "users" and add them to the permissions list, then you will go back to the edit menu, select the three newly added Items and check all the boxes you can, once you've done this the locks in the icons should be gone and you will be good to go!

Having said that, the server seems to be down right now XD.

*going to add screens to the tutorial if the surprise downtime doesn't fix the current issues*

EDIT: Might delete the whole thing too if it turns out to be bogus, haven't been able to test it with the servers crashing and all of that...

EDIT2: Servers are up! If any of you are having any problems with the client let me know.

Edited by gato

I haven't been on much lately(still have some exams...)but as soon as they are over I will really like to play with you guys.biggrin.png

Nothing much to talk about, mines is cool, I haven't fought Varder yet because I've been doing other stuff apart from Koffe's quest (and I wasn't lvl 36 anyway).

But I took some pics of an interesting event that happened to me yesterday...

So, I was joining a party with my friends when suddenly this handsome guy on green appeared...

lE0rn.jpg

lol

Enter gatobot (AKA cat or gato the HU), it seems like this bastard will be replacing me from now onward. >_>

QmVtM.jpg

Pn10D.jpg

My own clone... Now neither of us will be virgins.

yi0nU.jpg

HA HA! THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

I didn't think things could get weirder than this clone incident and all the shenanigans that followed...

GwCyg.jpg

... But then Japan proved me wrong again... Thanks Japan...

Edited by gato

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well gato. It's good to see that you were able to have some fun yesterday though. =]

So it seems that some datamining has revealed more images of the future locations and a few yet-to-be-seen enemies and weapons: http://www.pso-world...ad.php?t=198546. More crazy items it seems!

Edited by Lungo

Character creation is open on Ship 2! I got my first chance to play at my friend's house today, and made my character ahead of time just in case they need to lock the ship again or something. I'll hopefully be getting a new PC soon, so I really hope I can start playing before too long! 8D

I'd love to know more about your char Dissie...

pinkie_pie_the_hacker_by_moongazeponies-d3fzrpz.png

Let's meet each other...

Anyway, it seems like you guys didn't notice this but in the last days some users have been dealing with some nasty troubles while trying to run the game after the mines update...

SEGA has released another patch with the idea of fixing this (or breaking it even more, because lol SEGA)... And while I don't really mind about the downtimes and stuff like that I can only hope all this little bumps are not going to be part of the NA version.

I'll comment about my experience once I manage to log in.

EDIT: Okay, managed to log in and I don' seem to have any problem right now, but the updater keeps showing me an error... There is a fix suggested for this on Bumped comments but I'll try it once I log out or the game kicks me.

Edited by gato

Okay the fixes applied on Bumped seems to work so if you are one of the people having problems with the update this is what you should do (I don't have any means to test if you should also do the fix previously mentioned here)

For my part, with this latest update, things are worse than before : the updater tried to update the launcher at each execution, but didn’t updated it. At least, I was able to launch the outdated version… And the game was simply broken (nothing happened when I tried to start it)…

To fix my game, I had to do two things : to fix the launcher and then to fix the pso2.exe once this exe was updated.

So, firstly, I’ve let the launcher download its update, then I applied it manually. I went into “My Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2(_HanGame)\download” , then I’ve cut files that was present here and I’ve pasted them into the PSO2 binaries folder, “SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin”. After that, I’ve deleted the *.exe that they’ll replace, and finally, I’ve removed the “*.pat” extension to the pasted files.

All of this was done to fix my launcher. After that, I still had to fix my game. To do that, I’ve applied the file check, then I had to moddify the “pso2.exe” file permissions. I give to the registred user the right to “read” and to “read & execute” this exe. It seems to be enough (I haven’t had to give more permissions to a specified user).

In other news, you probably don't do this but I think it's better to be safe than sorry, there has been some sort of witch hunt regarding the hackers in Ship 02, so everything out of the ordinary gets promtly reported and the players doing this odd things get banned...

The problem is, there is a BIG misinformation about one of those oddities, there is an exploit in the game (I guess the same that the NPC's have) that allows scriddies to move player characters to random positions, like outside of the ship... This has been spotted long time ago but SEGA just caught on it, the thing is, the players being teleported have nothing to do with this but they are still getting banned, they can't even tell from their screens they are being moved... I already got a friend banned for being AFK and there are reports on PSOworld of at least 2 other players suffering a similar fate.

So until SEGA gains more awareness of this situation, be careful when you go AFK, try to do it outside of the lobby and if you must, do it in a less populated area (to reduce the chance of scriddie encounters).

Having said that, have some screens...

Last night I had some glorious city runs, and I mean glorious...

Look at that level progression.

Xj4eo.jpg

M6ZmO.jpg

74xWH.jpg

Needless to say, free Mines did the rest and I maxed out my ranger... Have a last look at gato the RA...

KrD7P.jpg

And say hello to gato the FO...

d4cEF.jpg

Yes, I wanted to look ridiculous.

Some information about the recent patch and the client issues:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-patch-update-7202012/

So far I haven't had any issues using the launcher. It starts up and runs the game almost instantly. Even patches aren't troublesome. Hopefully some of the bugs have been fixed this time for the people that have had this trouble!

So does anyone get the sneaking suspicion that the boss spawn rate has been increased? I ask this because within 3 missions I have seen ragne here...

pso20120718_091414_007.jpg

here... (nevermind that these ragnes have both been stuck unable to move lol xD )

pso20120718_095316_014.jpg

and here...

pso20120718_121609_022.jpg

Mostly in the tundra is seems like he spawns like crazy! I ran into him 3 times in the same field before taking these pics!! Gah. After that, I had some nice city mission goodness.

pso20120720_105903_002.jpg

It's so bright, it's beautiful. *-* Besides all these shenanigans, I've been helping some friends get through some Koffee client orders over the past few days. We went through the Mines for the first time after this morning's maintenance. No pics tho since it was pretty straightforward but rofl. We scared away a random after blowing each other up on purpose with those bombs. xD Pfff.

pso20120718_105536_020.jpg

Derp?

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Damn am I really itching to play Tundra!

I haven't been able to play much at all in the last week since my computer seems to be reaching the end of its lifespan. It is getting on and I was considering investing in a new PC so I guess now is the time to do it. Oh well, as long as all goes smoothly I should be back on within the next week!

Good luck with your computer shopping! The tundra and mines are both very fun stuff and usually full of action if you can get a full party of friends to run with you. Both have some interesting bosses (though 1 of them reminds me of an old enemy from PSO given a boss upgrade and brought back).

Also, here's the latest in the news: compensation for having to deal with multiple maintenances!

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-compensations-for-special-and-emergency-maintenances/

To all who registered for Phantasy Star Online 2 before Monday July 23rd, 2012 @ 23:00 JST will receive the following gift:

• 「FUN500獲得チケット」×1個
  • “FUN 500 Ticket” x 1

To everyone who has purchased Arks Cash before Monday July 23rd, 2012 @ 23:00 JST will receive the following gift:

• 「プレミアムセット1日」×5個
    • “1 day Premium Set” x 5

It's pretty thoughtful of them! With I had purchased any AC but just getting free Fun is alright too. xD

Took on the Mines (mini?) boss the other day with some new friends. These robots are pretty crazy with their missiles of doom! Really reminds me of Baranz' pinch mode from PSO when you destroyed enough of its shielding, it'd shoot out all sorts of missiles your way! Didn't help that one was also infected. xD

pso20120722_230249_003.jpg

Aaaand this pic is self explanatory. :B

pso20120722_232111_004.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

As awesome as an SSMB guild would be, I'll probably be joining up with my friends when I start playing. They're going to be guiding me through the game at the beginning anyway, so I'd feel bad for ditching them. Sorry, guys. :c

Yeah, I mostly just play with friends too whenever I'm online. If no one's on, I just join in a random room, meet 'n greet and git 'er dun some more! tongue.png You could try searching through guilds. I heard there's a place you can do that around where Lisa is at.

Of course if you'd like, feel free to send your card along and we can all play whenever wherever.

Edited by Coral

Has anyone made a guild yet? Cuz I been looking to join one..

OH GOD THAT SIGNATURE! laugh.png

Ahem... I'd like to plug the guild I'm part of but I'm not sure what to do with it since we took some heavy blows lately that only left me and another guy as the only active users (well, mostly him). Anyway, as of right now I seem to be mostly playing with randoms since my friends and I don't coincide in the timeslot department. (nor level... My char is kind of low ATM)

Also, I tried to have an SSMB guild or so going at some point but I didn't have luck with that...

Maybe we can raid Dissie's guild in the future? laugh.png

EDIT: Forgot to add the screens.

ofd3x.jpg

miwJh.jpg

DIOcW.jpg

I had an interesting story to go with these, but I'm short on time so... ta-da? >_>

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I assume everyone plays on Ship 2? If anyone wants to search me, I play a force named KT or my ID is "KTV1"

I'm usually good for playing...whenever there isn't a maintenece. :V

Edited by KT <3

Okay, let's start this with some good news.

August is just a week away and we are soon getting an update with a new field, reskins enemies (of the common and rare variant), costumes and weapons. (like the almighty tuna! laugh.png )

Click here.

Sm3ZT.jpg

Is that a ginormous hat for casts?

I'm all over this beotch!

Annnd screens time!

While not the most eventful day yesterday had some pretty big spikes in the crazy department,

Like here, I was happily fighting a Ragne when 2 Gwanahdas appear!

32Qzz.jpg

p7TnL.jpg

Now Kiss...

Also, from the other side of the planet, here comes Tranmizer!

4CYL8.jpg

This is going to hurt tomorrow...

Now, let's wrap it up with a cool pose...

OXn8P.jpg

Okay, let's not...

SygVh.jpg

Soon...

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

^ I could just die if I saw 3 mini boss duels pop in at the exact same time!! lol looks rough. xD Crazy ragne always appears when ya don't want him to. Those giant cast hats I can dig tho! They make me think of the fancy shmancy costumes Dumans would usually prefer to wear. Would love to get the bonnet!

Just as a heads up, be sure to check ya'll's emails. I got a grinder and synthesizer code (heh) recently and it appears that other people are getting some too for having spent certain amounts of AC. I've never used AC so I dunno how I qualified for the free grinders but hey. Free stuff is cool! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

^ I could just die if I saw 3 mini boss duels pop in at the exact same time!! lol looks rough. xD Crazy ragne always appears when ya don't want him to. Those giant cast hats I can dig tho! They make me think of the fancy shmancy costumes Dumans would usually prefer to wear. Would love to get the bonnet!

Just as a heads up, be sure to check ya'll's emails. I got a grinder and synthesizer code (heh) recently and it appears that other people are getting some too for having spent certain amounts of AC. I've never used AC so I dunno how I qualified for the free grinders but hey. Free stuff is cool! biggrin.png

I forgot to add, I had to go AFK in the middle of the fight for 1 minute, somehow I survived that. :P

Also, to clear things up, the grinders and synths are a prize for the "level up campaign" (can't remember what consisted about though, I think it was getting a char at 20 during the Open Beta...)

The "AC purchasing campaign" prize were 2 "50% drop" boosters.

I did... (I hope this time they are only limiting themselves to reskin animals from the same planet >_>)

Meanwhile, in a 20 miles radius...

EPIC MUSIC! SPACE TUNAS! BIKINIS!

MICHELA TURNING INTO A MAN!

It was amazing!

Having said that, the Dragon fight looked awesome, and for some reason I really like the idea of another emergency mission outside of the city.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2