Awoo.

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

Dr. SEGA Monkey

My usual playtime is around 10:00 'til 13:00 and 02:00 'till 05:00 (JST)

You might catch me at other times (for this week) but I'm most likely AFK.

EDIT:

I've been playing on Block 1 of Ship 5, I think. I picked that ship because at the time, the registrations for 1-4 were closed, and I just wanted to play the game rather than wait for the servers to allow registrations again.

Somewhat regretting that decision, because of course now I'm stuck on a ship where there only seems to be Japanese players. This difference between PSO1 and PSo2 is baffling- why can't you change ships? It'll probably be a paid feature that you spend Arks Cash to do.

It is, you can make another account though, or you can delete your char and try again in another ship.

Ah, alright. I was out all day yesterday, so I didn't even get a chance to download the client. I'm taking care of that right now.

I've not got much to do today, especially since my feet hurt like fuck.

Remember, ships 02 and 10 is where the biggest part of the English community are at, but Ship 02 is where Punk Me and Lungo seem to be hanging out. (blocks 20/21/22/and so on)

Edited by gato

DAY 2:

I did't get to do a lot yesterday because i spent most of my free time drawing a pony (ALL the judgement!)

But that doesn't mean nothing interesting happened...

We had some dancing:

gV4ol.jpg

I tried to do some story and I found Lisa:

JL965.jpg

Uhhhh.... Please don't kill me?

Watched some movies:

sGaiU.jpg

I wish I had popcorn.

And found both a Ragne and a Rockbear in a multiparty area:

0UIFL.jpg

xo6yx.jpg

c9ceO.jpg

x2Kb2.jpg

After that, we went ahead a killed more Rockbears:

irTgj.jpg

Ohh Rockie, you are such a pushover nowadays... (also, my face looks creepily overjoyed in this shot O_o)

There was also some Catedran action, I don't do so well in this fights but at least I didn't get killed. :V

Axn2q.jpg

Do the Victory Dance...

Edited by gato

So does anyone know how to remove someone from your blacklist?

btw I'm Invictus in the game.

ship 2 block 8

Edited by NovusToonami Ordo

So how is everyone enjoying the beta so far? Got some nice spoils of war! ^o^ Would play longer today but they have a maintenence going on right now. Ah well.

Chibi Rappy in lava xD

pso20120624_221914_009.jpg

Tiny dragon, big head?!

pso20120624_232504_015.jpg

And got a rare item on our journeys thru the caves! It's a gunblade but I dunno what it's called.

pso20120624_233845_019.jpg

Item description

pso20120624_235510_021.jpg

Days 3 and 4:

Lot's of interesting stuff happened, my rare hunting isn't doing so good but at least I found one of those yellow axe thingies (which kind of sucks because I don't use the sword that often),unlocked Caves, Desert, the second matter board, joined a guild and I accidentally specialized my MAG at skill (when I wanted to make a Force one)...

Anyway, I had pictures... Many of them... But since post them here would be troublesome I took the liberty of making an album at Imgur, check them here.

But for the lazy ones, this are the ones I picked as best ones:

KMFCS.jpg

oxBGy.jpg

dViFt.jpg

Come at me bro!

8tHLf.jpg

VEE2R.jpg

Gotta love how expressive this inexpressive face can be with the right timing.

tjWNb.jpg

q8uAR.jpg

Yeah, couldn't avoid it...

As a side not, I'm going to channel Omochao a little, I'm not sure if you are aware of this but there is a guide section at Bumped that contains every useful tip and tutorial Ricardo posted across the game development... Some info might be outdated but it's still pretty darn useful! You can check it here.

The guide is pretty damn amazing. I've been using it for the matter board stuff mostly amongst some other stuff.

I'm only level 8 at the moment. It's really a slog for me getting through all the forest stuff again as I did it all last time in the CB. I just want to play caves dangit >_>

OH! btw gato is the big yellow axe a sword or spear type weapon? :o hoping it was a spear because some of the spears are axe like

OH! btw gato is the big yellow axe a sword or spear type weapon? ohmy.png hoping it was a spear because some of the spears are axe like

Sadly it's a sword (I too, happen to favor Partisans), I have a pic of it in the gallery...

8Y5kH.jpg

Bleh. I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own type actually. I guess it being a sword is okay though

Day 5:

I think SEGA actually fixed the latency issues because this day (as little as I played) was pretty much lagless! biggrin.png

I got a slot expansion and greeted new people in our little guild/clan/whatevs... The highlight of the day though has to be the city mission...

Meet Sucky The Pilot... He drives his ship in the city and crashes... Initiate: Code Protection! We defend his ship from the swarm of Darkers popping out to finish him, we finally cover him enough to repair his ship and take off... Only to crash again... Changeover: Code Protection! We go and save his sorry ass... Again... That almost spend all of our time in the mission, thankfully, we still managed to beat the crap out of Ragne (at the very last seconds). The other group of my guild wasn't so lucky. tongue.png

So we salute you Sucky! Might you be useful for once and crash into a Rockbear or something...

c8q8s.jpg

g7UJ2.jpg

QsSBB.jpg

lHI5M.jpg

NU8II.jpg

Edited by gato

Ah yeah, I also came across Sucky in the forest at some point, crashing more times than is really necessary. What a tool. =P

Anyway, I had immense fun last night. It was full of surprises. I was playing around in Caves, fighting Rockbears and finally hunting for Matter Board and Client Order drops in Free Forest:

pso20120625114957008.jpg

D'awwwwww.

pso20120626201245045.jpg

pso20120626224946178.jpg

Shiiiiny.

pso20120626220532118.jpg

Doing well there, eh?

pso20120626215404087.jpg

^ I didn't pay much attention to that veiny stuff on screen since it was gone in a second. It seems that it's a precursor to what happened later:

pso20120626223302151.jpg

Now I had no idea what that was. I hadn't read about Emergency Code: Rescue, so this was quite a surprise XD:

pso20120626223453161.jpg

Trapped. D: I got plenty of visitors though. Unfortunately those were Darkers and not people trying to save me lol! I had to slice myself out for the most part, but someone did give me a hand in the end. However, not too long afterwards:

pso20120626235048220.jpg

OMG whut. XD It happened again. This time I decided to avoid it, but it started following me lol! What's more amusing is that every time I turned around it appeared to have gained a lot more ground on me than if I hadn't looked. Massively creepy and I love it. After another Emergency Code Rescue, I was about to call it a night when:

pso20120627001145228.jpg

OMG (again). This bastard! I hadn't encountered him yet and now, while I'm alone both in an enclosed space and in a trap, the horrid shit appears in front of me! XD

pso20120627001310234.jpg

I elected to lead him out of there to get some help. I was too tired to Duel him alone, and it took long enough to finish him with 3/4 people.

So that was a hell of a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the Desert and I still need to have a go at the elusive City mission.

Also, for anyone who wants to disable the HUD during photos: http://www.pso-world...ad.php?t=194612

And if you want to turn off the motion blur: http://www.pso-world...48&postcount=90

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 1

DAY 6:

This has been a day of accomplishments I guess, while nothing too action-y happened I managed to get into hard mode, clear desert (which kind of comes with getting hard mode), FINALLY FINISHED THE E2 QUEST IN THE MATTER BOARD >_< and also cleared some other client orders...

Go! Go! Screenies (remember to check the gallery linked above to see them all)

NJ2zw.jpg

This isn't what it looks like...

FrTgx.jpg

Uuuhhhhh....

XTwSg.jpg

We had one of the most epic fights last night, PSE burst and multiple cross bursts happened, I didn't find any good loot but that was some amazing fun (and exp).

nhSYD.jpg

Dat last second victory... (and yes, it was thanks to Sucky)

wB1dY.jpg

I'm kind of disappointed at this boss having the "Generic Duel Music", I was expecting something else.

In some important news. Sakai announced a 27 hours downtime for maintenance... I'm guessing we all have some back up plans (and real lives) for when this sort of thing happens so I don't really have much to add about this.

Also...

OMG (again). This bastard! I hadn't encountered him yet and now, while I'm alone both in an enclosed space and in a trap, the horrid shit appears in front of me! XD

You probably already know this but I'm going to channel Omochao once again and say that if you get one of those traps you just have to jump over them (before they fully activate).

• Thumbs Up 1

You probably already know this but I'm going to channel Omochao once again and say that if you get one of those traps you just have to jump over them (before they fully activate).

Cheers I didn't know that. Most of the time I can break it before it explodes but good to know a quick way out.

While we're at it, how do you dance/pose etc in the lobby? I've never actually read up on how to do this.

EDIT: Figured it out. Ctrl+Alt+(Letter) for different actions.

Edited by Lungo

Cheers I didn't know that. Most of the time I can break it before it explodes but good to know a quick way out.

While we're at it, how do you dance/pose etc in the lobby? I've never actually read up on how to do this.

EDIT: Figured it out. Ctrl+Alt+(Letter) for different actions.

alt + *letter* for lobby actions

ctrl + alt + *letter* for opposite gender lobby actions.

alt + M for mimic lobby actions (this is how you see so many doing synchronized dancing)

Anything else you want to know, don't doubt in asking. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 7: (I will stop with these after this point, unless something really big happens)

Last day before the (little) big shutdown, and I had a blast, some city, some seizure inducing battles and some codes and changeovers...

Watch all the pics in the gallery, this are the ones I picked up for sharing here:

QsckA.jpg

OH U!

aNr6b.jpg

Double Kathie!

us0ye.jpg

PB chaining

coaZE.jpg

Desert Boss can be a pain when I'm not using the partisan >_< (I have a rather memorable experience of me dying 4 times in a battle), sucks 2 client orders require to kill them without it.

Q9u7M.jpg

ECTKu.jpg

My body is ready,,,

I think that's it for today...

Edited by gato

The pictures must continue. They musssst! >biggrin.png

So today was very eventful! Waited until the servers came back up after the super long maintenance and went straight to it with some really cool people! Even unlocked hard mode after all the shenanigans! Played a few levels in hard. Kinda disappointed. They enemies aren't reskinned or anything, they're just... higher levelled. Eh.

Ran into this crazy spider a few days ago. Always a pleasure doing battle. tongue.png

pso20120627_045130_002.jpg

This happened a few hours ago: Cross Burst goodness! It lasted for so long, it was awesome! Really great multiparty teamwork going on. These are the spoils of war (some were also hidden behind that rock)!

pso20120629_063750_009.jpg

Matter board item. I wanted a pic of it because it's shiny! *-*

pso20120629_075102_021.jpg

Nice view of the city from my balcony after a hard day's fight.

pso20120629_084539_038.jpg

I was playing the city mission by myself last night:

pso20120629_021010_001.jpg

Hello Ugly.

pso20120629_022531_002.jpg

The only screenshot I have from playing against him though lol.

I ended up getting him down to 1 leg completely destroyed and 3 were just kind of destroyed...and then timed out of the mission lol.

Edit: On right now, playing it again by myself. Party name is "Rawr" pass is SSMB, on Ship 2 block 21.

Edited by Punk

Somehow, I think this game is going to end up giving me a seizure...

2VtK5.jpg

QAsRk.png

olololololololololo....

c7VjE.png

OLOLOLOLOLOLO...

v1AQT.png

BSKBNJEKBN[LANMKLAMKLN[L*drops*

As for contact info, you can always search for gato on the Visiphone (whoever knows how to use that) at morning I'm not in any specific place but when the Japanese go to sleep/work/RL and the blocks get a little more empty I automatically switch to 20 because that's where my team hangs out.

Got to see Punk yesterday, but just when I was going AFK (lots of complaining about that in PSOWorld BTW), yesterday I tried my hand at ranger... I think I suck at it... Sadly, Ragne and Rocky decided to pay me a visit at that moment.

And after that, their brothers showed up too. >_>

3UqpS.jpg

Aiming skillz, gato doesn't has them...

4QTyj.jpg

Bkoaw.jpg

Ragne's brother comes to avenge it's sibling demise. (didn't take pics of Rocky though)

Also, unrelated...

WDF4j.jpg

ololololololololololololo....

I'm not sure I'm going to log in today... Despite for once having lots of free time I have other stuff to catch up on.

Preorders have been open for anyone that wants a physical copy of the game. This is the Japanese version of course.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-PC-0487&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DPhantasy+Star+Online%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Also included are:

5 item codes (looks like for weapons)

30 days premium

1000 FUN (not Arks Cash)

Mag evolving item

Color change ticket (?)

5 scape dolls

boost items (?)

I would've preferred Arks Cash instead of 10 days worth of Fun but oh well. I wonder what the item codes will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Preorders have been open for anyone that wants a physical copy of the game. This is the Japanese version of course.

http://www.amiami.co...cnt=0$pagecnt=1

Also included are:

5 item codes (looks like for weapons)

30 days premium

1000 FUN (not Arks Cash)

Mag evolving item

Color change ticket (?)

5 scape dolls

boost items (?)

I would've preferred Arks Cash instead of 10 days worth of Fun but oh well. I wonder what the item codes will be.

You don't get Arks Cash but you get a free month of premium (which requires Arks Cash), Scape Dolls and Boost Items (that also requires cash, though some boost items can be found in FUN gachas) and Item codes... Not sure which items they are but I'm willing to bet they are already announced ones (I'll laugh if one of them is the Rappy Doll, so far I already have 1 for going to the POB and other one that comes free from a client order).

So apparently the open beta ends tomorrow and the official game start is on the 4th! http://www.pso-world...ad.php?t=197129

I'm going to assume that those of us here playing the beta will continue to play on the official release or until word of a international release is mentioned.

Edited by NovusToonami Ordo
  • Thumbs Up 1

So apparently the open beta ends tomorrow and the official game start is on the 4th! http://www.pso-world...ad.php?t=197129

I'm going to assume that those of us here playing the beta will continue to play on the official release or until word of a international release is mentioned.

Here is Bumped's article regarding this announcement.

The Open Beta ends July 3rd at 11:00 JST.

The Arks Cash purchasing site opens July 3rd, 15:00 JST.

Then the Official Release starts July 4th, 14:00 JST

Keep in mind this are JST times, which means 11:00 JST of the 3rd would be tonight's midnight on EST... Which kind of sucks because I wanted to feed my mag to lvl 99 before the beta closed... Oh well... Can't win them all.

Also...

Lisa-Costume1-450x253.jpg

:lol:

MASS OF LISA RECOLORS INCOMING!

• Thumbs Up 1

From the looks of things, Rappy Doll really isn't that special a gift seeing as everyone can get one through a client order. tongue.png If the other item codes turn out to be readily available too then... I will be a very sad clam. Having a physical copy of the game is kinda important for me though so it doesn't really change my mind about buying the thing anyway lol.

The Bumped website says that the Open Beta will end tonight at 10 PM eastern. Hopefully I can get a jukebox by that time. D:

Found a rare item during a hard mode city run!

pso20120702_125223_000.jpg

I also ran into gato during these runs. Was really fun with all the pse burst madness. tongue.png Also found another rare item. It's a ?? weapon. Identifying these things is really expensive. -,-;pso20120702_130934_001.jpg

And finally, here's my updated room.

pso20120702_160749_002.jpg

Edited by Coral
  • Thumbs Up 2

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I was right in front on you and didn't recognize you. >_<

Anyway, now that we can't waste time in the game, it doesn't means we can't waste money on it! :V

That's right! Arks Cash Shop is up and running and here is a nifty (yet still not completed) tutorial for all your purchasing needs.

There is also a little sneak peak of what can we purchase with it.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1