Awoo.

Phantasy Star Online 2! Open Beta now!

Dr. SEGA Monkey

>missed the pre open beta

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

>open beta in a few days

Yesyesyesyesyessss

I'm pretty excited for PSO2 now. I just remembered how amazing the original was.

Yeah I missed the preobt due to having to work, and I'll miss a few days of the ob at the start (due to work + going down to see my Dad this coming weekend). But then I'll probably play a bit.

I'm a little late with my image dump, but just a few for me:

preob1.jpg

Hmm...

preob3.jpg

preob5.jpg

preob6.jpg

Lol the sneaky bastard.

preob7.jpg

Now to wait eagerly for Thursday. Yosh.

Damn! seeing everyone grouped up like that reminds me of the massive synchronised dance i was in before the end of closed beta.

the desert stage looks really awesome!!! can't wait for the OB!

The beta will start in a few hours (17 if my memory doesn't fail me), are your bodies ready?

Yes? That's good!

But... Are your characters ready?

You see, here is a little activity you can do while we wait for the final hours, Gardios at PSO-World has designed a Skill Tree Simulator! As most of us might already know, leveling in PSO2 works differently than in the rest in the series since you level up your class instead of the character (kind of similar to PSU, but that series worked with both experience gaining models) and you have a little more customization with the integration of skill points, that allow you to choose what areas do you want your character to excel at and other special bonuses and skills.

As you might have guessed, this little program lets you plan for this in advance (because why waste precious game seconds thinking where to put your points at?) and it's quite convenient for those who don't want to spend a dime in the game (remember, extra skill trees and I think resets will cost you Arks Cash), it also comes with nifty descriptions about what each box does and lets you go beyond the established limit of 30 for those who would rather plan for the full release instead of just the beta (full release's cap will be 40).

It also has a feature that let's you share the trees you made via URLs o text files (didn't test that one), as an Example, here is a build I designed for my HUcast (I call it the Leroy Jenkins tree).

Once you are done with it (or why not, before making your build), deldelight8 published a nifty guide expanding even more about almost all the tree boxes and gives some recommendations for new players who want to get the best out of their characters.

Once you are done with this Cavistus released a cool guide giving us stock phrases for whenever we find Japanese players and want to keep something that might or not resemble a stable communication with them. :V

Maybe less useful but still pretty nice, goldwing posted a guide about how to take of the HUD while taking screenshots (though I believe this one was posted before here)

In general, PSO-World has a guide and walkthroughs section so keep an eye on it for whatever useful topics might pop out.

In the other big Phantasy Star site, Ricardo has released a guide that will help you to get the bouquet flower that was given to all the players who cleared the desert quest in the POB. (this also applies to all the other items you had via codes like Gae Bolg)

Now I think we are as ready as we can be! :D

Quick, how do I sign up for that rappy doll thing? I cannot read Japanese and have no idea what to do.

Quick, how do I sign up for that rappy doll thing? I cannot read Japanese and have no idea what to do.

Dunno if someone answered your question already, but I'll see if I can answer. ^^; The rappy doll was for people who pre-registered for the open beta. You can still sign up for a sega id and register to the beta (I think) on this page: http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/opening/ but the rappy doll giveaway has stopped. Sorry. D: If you need help, you could always copy/paste the japanese text into Google Translate or translate the page in Google Chrome. This: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/ is a very good ref guide to help people with registering.

Would love to play with anyone here when the time starts! 2 hours to go! Gonna be on ship 2, block 20 (or 21 if that's full) if my computer decides to work. :P

This needs to hurry up and starttttt. I am definitely gonna start playing tonight, though I might not do it with any SSMB dudes to begin with! I think a few of my friends are gonna hop on and play, and then I'll be gone for a week of this.

Anyone know how long the beta is going to last?

Well I hope ya'll have a great time! It's already 40 minutes till and I'm dyingggggg of anticipation. D:

There's a rumor that it'll last for 2 weeks but nothing confirming or denying that yet.

Do we have a SSMB party going on anywhere? My friend hasn't been on and I've been wandering around Ship 2, block 26 for a bit.

Edit: So if anyone sees me, I am all yellow almost, a HUnewearl and my characters name is "Rawr" haha.

Edit2: Moved to block 20 now.

Rawrrarr.jpg

That's my character. So uhh. IF YOU SEE THAT CHARACTER AND IT IS NAMED RAWR IT IS ME. I just wanna play with people :(

Edited by Punk

Sweet, well, I am going to bed now (been playing for the last 4 hours). Maybe I might be able to get on later today before I have to catch my flight, we'll see!

Oh my goodnes I had SO MUCH fun today!! AHHHHH I am so worn out. It was a blast! xD Made some new friends with some nice peeps, took part in a dance off, the works! Buuut now I need to pass out. xD kdlasjkdl WHY MUST SLEEP BE NEEDED.

Also Dance TIME!

pso20120621_035258_048.jpg

Do we have a SSMB party going on anywhere? My friend hasn't been on and I've been wandering around Ship 2, block 26 for a bit.

Edit: So if anyone sees me, I am all yellow almost, a HUnewearl and my characters name is "Rawr" haha.

Edit2: Moved to block 20 now.

That's my character. So uhh. IF YOU SEE THAT CHARACTER AND IT IS NAMED RAWR IT IS ME. I just wanna play with people sad.png

I'll keep your chara in mind and add ya when I see ya! Here's mine:

pso20120621_055535_051.jpg

She's a RAcaseal named Arle. :} I was on ship 2, block 23 and will probably stay on there since that's where I met my friends.

@Cola

Well that stinks. D: It might be due to the lag spikes now and then. Was lagging really badly now and then while I was trying to do a mission. I'd probably try again later today.

Edited by Coral

Oh poo. I see there are problems with the first few ships at the moment. I'm unable to create a character for Ship 2. Apparently it's not actually that they're full, but that some other technical problem is preventing people from joining. I hope they get this sorted out soon.

I think Sega is using a temporary lock on the first 5 ships in order to get people to spread out onto the others. This wouldn't be a bad strategy if the characters weren't tied to the ships. :/

If anyone can't create a character on Ship 2 and don't wanna wait for it to open, Ship 10, block 20-25 is the second designated place many of the leftover English speaking community is going to.

This is a stress test beyond belief! Sega is prolly running in circles at the sheer numbers that showed up for this beta lol.

If anyone IS on right now, I am level 8 on block 20 on Ship 2.

Sucks that a lot of people are being locked out though...

I might get on real quick just to see if I can find you. Are you in the Guardians HQ or the city?

Just in the city!

Surrounded by tinier people than me and lots of dancing people. ITS CRAZY, and here I was thinking that MY character was sorta short haha.

I'm playing it right now, Ship 2 block 20, good luck I had to wake up early today so I got to make a char at ship 2 before the lock. :V (and then leaving to the bank)

Is the same guy you've seen in many pictures already but since I'm such a photogenic guy I'll post another.

9boWo.jpg

I got stuck for a while trying to finish Koffe's quest but I just managed to pull it out, now I can hunt Rockbears. biggrin.png

EDIT: Got to play with Punk, we didn't have time to do much but we managed to own the Rockbears and get into caves. I wish I could record that, I think I did a pretty good job with one of the bears, I pretty much had it throwing punches at me for 1 minute without being able to touch me cool.png (of course, after that the mob came and I got crushed X_x) I think I did the right choice with my Leeroy Jenkins tree.

phafL.jpg

hJNIu.jpg

I should have left the HUD on....

EDIT2: Cola, if you want to get in I beg you to be patient, we pretty much overloaded SEGA's capacity to hold us and most of the ships got closed.

Both me and Punk are on Ship 2 but if you don't want to wait for it to open the rest of the English community is migrating to a bunch of other places, mainly ship 10.

But I'd wait until ship 2 re opens, we are still on beta and I've read this is pretty much an usual annoyance of the first days.

Also, if you or anyone else have any doubt about this don't be shy and ask, I might have not been so present today but I swear I'll try to make myself some time to answer everything you need to know from now on.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Got to play with Punk, we didn't have time to do much but we managed to own the Rockbears and get into caves. I wish I could record that, I think I did a pretty good job with one of the bears, I pretty much had it throwing punches at me for 1 minute without being able to touch me cool.png (of course, after that the mob came and I got crushed X_x) I think I did the right choice with my Leeroy Jenkins tree.

phafL.jpg

hJNIu.jpg

I should have left the HUD on....

EDIT2: Cola, if you want to get in I beg you to be patient, we pretty much overloaded SEGA's capacity to hold us and most of the ships got closed.

Both me and Punk are on Ship 2 but if you don't want to wait for it to open the rest of the English community is migrating to a bunch of other places, mainly ship 10.

But I'd wait until ship 2 re opens, we are still on beta and I've read this is pretty much an usual annoyance of the first days.

Also, if you or anyone else have any doubt about this don't be shy and ask, I might have not been so present today but I swear I'll try to make myself some time to answer everything you need to know from now on.

Cool! My goodness I got so startled seeing those creatures for the first time earlier haha. 2 of the is just plain madness! o.o Glad ya'll could take them on. I need to figure out how the skilltrees work, but I'm afraid I may mess up and hafta spend money on a new set lol. Decisions, decision. Need details about the caves! Heard it was epic and Punk mentioned them while we played.

Also there was a recent post on twitter from Sega saying that all Ships except 7 and 9 are locked for now due to congestion and they are trying to come up with solutions. Here's the tweet for ref:

"現在Ship01~Ship06,08,10の新規キャラクター作成を制限しております。これからプレイ される方はShip07,09での作成をお願いいたします。今後については現在未定となっておりますが続報 はこちらでもご報告いたします。大変申し訳ございませんがご了承ください。 #PSO2"

Some people have also been saying that they have been getting dc'd/kicked off of the servers recently. Might just be because it's peak time for Japanese players right now so traffic is high.

Edited by Coral

I've been playing on Block 1 of Ship 5, I think. I picked that ship because at the time, the registrations for 1-4 were closed, and I just wanted to play the game rather than wait for the servers to allow registrations again.

Somewhat regretting that decision, because of course now I'm stuck on a ship where there only seems to be Japanese players. This difference between PSO1 and PSo2 is baffling- why can't you change ships? It'll probably be a paid feature that you spend Arks Cash to do.

But I do like what I've played so far, beaten about 3-4 quests and I'm almost level 3. My character is a FoCaseal named Twilight Vortex- I showed her earlier on in this thread, but she's been partially redesigned. She still has pretty much the same color scheme and ninja mask, but I got rid of the cat ears and instead have one of the metal head accessories that attaches to the sides of the head and are like robotic ears. I changed the skin tone, arms and the face, as well.

Before:

AkUZa.png

After:

qnPfk.png

Ah, alright. I was out all day yesterday, so I didn't even get a chance to download the client. I'm taking care of that right now.

I've not got much to do today, especially since my feet hurt like fuck.