Awoo.

My Sonic, why so... RED?!

Hero of Legend

I find it hard for me to resign myself with the possibility of this stage being a tutorial simply because I don't see why a multiplayer element would be a necessary element. After all, this title is mostly pushing a single-player experience, so wouldn't it be common sense to focus on that for a tutorial instead? If anything, I want to bet that it's one of the extra mini-games that were off-handedly confirmed.

Am I the only one that isn't upset that there's two Sonics in that pic? If it is multi-player and only Sonics are playable I have no problem with that mainly because in any other game like SA2, SR/A i hated that if someone picked Sonic, I couldn't... problem solved

Am I the only one that isn't upset that there's two Sonics in that pic? If it is multi-player and only Sonics are playable I have no problem with that mainly because in any other game like SA2, SR/A i hated that if someone picked Sonic, I couldn't... problem solved

If you go through the comments you'll see how many times I've attempted to bludgeon people in the head with this thought, so no, you're not the only one! ;)

OH GOD THE RECOLOURS HAVE INVADED THE GAME!

Nah, seriously. Co-op? In a Sonic game?

Not since 1994 have I seen something like this in a Sonic game!

Id love Tails to be playable in game, and this 2player thing is perfect for him! but If they wanted another Hedgehog type character why not Shadow? he is after all the second most popular character with Tails being the 3rd according to the official SonicTeam Japan poll. Of course if it were me would put Mighty or Ray or Bean or Metal Sonic! or anything besides a recolor! hahahah. That seems 2player only so Red Sonic could be the only Color then again, it could be timed so that 4 people could play and then we would see Yellow and Green Sonic. heheh Yellow Sonic That be weird if you know what I mean.

But Yeah Tails needs action again.

Edited by Aries

I guess you've never played Sonic 06? Or Riders? Or the Storybook series? :P

Nah, I meant good co-op. The Storybook games were just crappy minigames and Riders was some weird Knuckles Chaotix stuff.

And do I really need to mention 06? Or am I going to get positive reactions like Sonic Wrecks? :V

• Thumbs Up 2

Nah, I meant good co-op. The Storybook games were just crappy minigames and Riders was some weird Knuckles Chaotix stuff.

And do I really need to mention 06? Or am I going to get positive reactions like Sonic Wrecks? :V

And you are telling us that the co-op in the classics was good? :huh:

I guess you always played as Sonic. :V

p.d: I would agree if you said that the classics had the best co-op of the franchise (despite not being so good), but there is a game called Sonic Advance 3, wich co-op system was superior to any other (Sonic) game IMHO (what you think about the quality of that game may differ, but I'm talking about co-op systems here).

Edited by gato

The gauge changes shape depending on whether or not you have a wisp power. Aside from being shorter* and transparent**, the gauges in the 2-player/co-op/whatever shot are the same as the normal no-wisp-power gauge.

*If this is co-op, maybe it's because boost power is split evenly between both players? Or maybe they're just shorter so they take up less screen space, since they're almost doubling the space the HUD takes up otherwise.

**The more I think about it, the more I think that level has some special meaning. In a game about "color", it's a world without color, and even the HUD is drained of most of its color. Could be a "Lost Prologue"-esque tutorial stage, or part of an "Eggman/an evil wisp steals color from the world" plot twist...

in addition to that. it could be ... :

like secret rings, you race with some thing to the goal, maybe its the same thing in sonic colors...

it may have been confirmed that their are no missions like secret rings in this game, but any thing is possible you know... :huh:

If it were just a thing to race, why would it have its own HUD? Rings and boost/wisp gauge, maybe, but lives? Nah, can't be. They wouldn't have you racing against a guy that dies, and even if they did there'd be no reason to give him an arbitrary amount of lives. It's got to be something player controlled.

If it were just a thing to race, why would it have its own HUD? Rings and boost/wisp gauge, maybe, but lives? Nah, can't be. They wouldn't have you racing against a guy that dies, and even if they did there'd be no reason to give him an arbitrary amount of lives. It's got to be something player controlled.

sounds weird. it looks like a race to the finish/ stay alive kinda of deal to me

I think I'm also going to go on record and say that I think this will lead to online multiplayer of some sort. REALLY hope it's online races, which would naturally constitute local as well.