Awoo.

My Sonic, why so... RED?!

Hero of Legend

I'm sure that if this was something to truly get excited for there would've been an announcement made for it,
Are we so quick to forget the concept of leaks? I think it's more believable that Amazon quietly put the picture up before Sega decided to officially announce it, than that Sega is specifically staying silent on this because they know it's a shitty feature and every level is Gray Void Zone.
  • Thumbs Up 1

We got the Pink Wisp announcment, followoed by videos of the Green Wisp and less than a day later they quietly announced the Green Wisp on the blog (oddly without a new stage reveal).

They did add screens of a new stage, they were just an hour or 2 late adding the screens to the blog entry -

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/08/20/sonic-colours-go-green-with-the-green-wisp-in-sonic-colours/

Are we so quick to forget the concept of leaks? I think it's more believable that Amazon quietly put the picture up before Sega decided to officially announce it, than that Sega is specifically staying silent on this because they know it's a shitty feature and every level is Gray Void Zone.

It probably isn't "shitty", it just looks boring. I mean, it's the marketing department's job to make the game look as appealing as possible. Do you think that if there were more interesting levels than generic grey ball world and more interesting characters than Red Sonic, they would go out of their way not to show them? I highly doubt that this multiplayer feature will be anything to write home about.

I'm plenty excited for this game and these leak doesn't taint my excitement, I just don't see why this specific feature is one to get excited about. I don't think it's "shit" or that it'll ruin the game, I simply just don't care and I'd like to know what, exactly, there is to care about regarding 2 recolors racing in a boring shallow grey world.

For one, it's obviously a second playable character, that much is certain based on the 2 life icons and meters, but exactly WHAT it really is (co-op, 2P, etc.) remains to be revealed. I'm putting my bets on that "level" being the Metal Sonic head planet from the hub. But there's definitely something that makes me think it's not an actual area in the game, as the score and life banners are gray instead of blue. Or they're really going all out with the aesthetics.

They did add screens of a new stage, they were just an hour or 2 late adding the screens to the blog entry -

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/08/20/sonic-colours-go-green-with-the-green-wisp-in-sonic-colours/

You misunderstand. Orange showed off a new level, pink showed off a new level, green showed the same as pink. I would assume that's because it was revealed earlier than originally planned.

For one, it's obviously a second playable character, that much is certain based on the 2 life icons and meters, but exactly WHAT it really is (co-op, 2P, etc.) remains to be revealed.

It's definitely co-op. No split-screen, both players are sharing the same timer and score counter and there's only one check point there.

You misunderstand. Orange showed off a new level, pink showed off a new level, green showed the same as pink. I would assume that's because it was revealed earlier than originally planned.

Are we sure that's the same level as the one revealed with the Pink Wisp? I guess they do look very similar.

I'm betting that this multiplayer mode can be found by going to the giant floating Sonic head.

Edited by BD3

If that red Sonic ISN'T a placeholder (which I doubt it is, they wouldn't model different gloves and socks for no reason) then I really don't understand this in the slightest, especially considering they didn't allow Sonic recolours to be alternative costumes in Brawl =/

It's definitely co-op. No split-screen, both players are sharing the same timer and score counter and there's only one check point there.

And the antenna is probably being used as means of not letting the players get too far away from each other, thus removing the biggest problem with co-op in 06. Whoever was playing as Shadow or Silver (cause there's only those two and Sonic to choose from) could complete any stage by themselves. Bollocks.

Are we sure that's the same level as the one revealed with the Pink Wisp? I guess they do look very similar.

Clearly the same.

Edited by Blue Blood

Has nobody thought that this may be so two people can play as the same character with the same move set at the same time?

That's what made me pissed about Rush. My friend would always pick Sonic, who is faster, so he would always win, this may be SEGA solving this problem. Now nobody can have a significant advantage.

Sonic 06 had co-op? :blink:

Yes, and it was extremely fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 06 had co-op? :blink:

It sucked because the characters were so imbalanced, and it was just the regular stages with a bazillion enemies and switches. Worse still, if one player takes a shortcut with the rainbow rings then the other person has to take the long route. Silver could trap his partner in mid-air with his ESP and proceed to complete everything without them. And there's no end. Once you complete Aquatic Base you just go back to the start. That's what haphazard multiplayer is.

EDIT: As Edge said, yes it was actually fun. Had it been finished we'd be looking at something rather good I'm sure.

Edited by Blue Blood

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

WHY SEGA!!!? WHY!!!!?

YOU WERE DOING SO FINE AND U HAD TO GO AND ADD ANOTHER SH**Y FRIEND TO THE GAMES!!!

THIS GAME IS RUINED, THE FRANCHISE IS DEAD, AS WELL AS MY CHILDHOOD. :( :( :( :( :(

THANKS FOR NOTHING. :angry:

this is a joke BTW.

EDIT: I felt like I should add my opinion in this matter.

To be honest, despite all the evidence suggesting multiplayer games I wasn't expecting it, if this multiplayer (and even better, a coop game) thing is indeed truth, then I have nothing but praise to whoever section of SEGA is making this game, seriously, I feel like Indigo, maybe Colours is aimed at the kids, but watching this awesomenes makes me feel like one, so I guess it's fine to be excited. :D

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 5

I like it. I'd believe that this is the secret of the robot Sonic world in the hub. Some kinda multiplayer is cool, I wasn't expecting it. Antenna Sonic.

I'm not understanding the complaints that it's bland. It's a certain style for a game filled with colors. It looks like some kind of sterile futuristic training room. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was some kind of crazy holodeck with different backdrops, like Digital Dimension in Sonic Riders.

Crosses fingers for splitscreen. If it's online multiplayer you can expect LOTS of LAG. Being a non-Sega console it lacks the proper amount of blast processing.

I guess we can look forward to this new Multiplayer mode in the 2011 game as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stop calling him a placeholder, or Red Sonic.

His name is Barry. He might have the surname Chuckle, but as of yet he's called Barry the RedHog. He likes to drink pints of beer which increases his redness! He has feelings too you know! Look at how much therapy Silver went through because you all called him an OAP sonic! Barry deserves more respect than being called the placeholder!

Just because he has an antenna like an old robot from the Tom Baker era of Doctor Who does not mean he won't be cool! That he won't be hip!

It's not Barrys fault he's different! If he had a cut scene in which he just stares at Sonic saying "To me... to you... to me... to you" Then you'll all be sorry! Barry for ASR DLC! You know the movie The Green Mile! When he dies at the end? Well Barry didn't cry!

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 3

I want to know why there are a lot of people complaining about something optional. It's not forced like 4's homing attack (which I personally love].

I want to know why there are a lot of people complaining about something optional. It's not forced like 4's homing attack (which I personally love].

If it's there, you can judge it. I mean, Black Knight's multiplayer was just the worst multiplayer EVER. People are complaining because they don't expect it to be good, not because it exists. From this one shot though, I expect awesome things.

Sonic fans have been complaining for so long.

Over time they've forgotten how to do anything else.

• Thumbs Up 3

If it's there, you can judge it. I mean, Black Knight's multiplayer was just the worst multiplayer EVER. People are complaining because they don't expect it to be good, not because it exists. From this one shot though, I expect awesome things.

I know that, but seriously, you don't really HAVE to do the multi-player. The thing I'm really asking is why do people think that multi-player of all things will ruin the game?

Wait are people seriously complaining about this?? Ugh...

I'll go set the "Days Without Incident" counter back to zero. :/

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, for someone who wanted multiplayer for Unleashed, I think this is awesome, Bloodshot the hedgehog or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, lets think outside of the box for a bit to try and piece this together.

-I'm going with my theory of Barry being a placeholder for the new character, thats pretty much been confirmed, by both Ian Flynn and Iizuka.

-When Iizuka hinted at it, he referenced it in a response to a question about Metal Sonic

-This new character will be some kind of metal Sonic.

-There may be multiplayer, who knows?

-Thinking I know all this, I have to say that the new metal sonic will replace Barry in the final build, this possibly being an early beta, or purposeful model swap to keep from revealing the new design. I'm going with choice A

-If this IS a metal Sonic, then I see 3 possible solutions:

1: As we all have already assumed, multiplayer or co-op, like the Shadow Androids in ShtH. The problem I see with this is the lack of a split screen.

2: Since it may be metal Sonic, then it may be a boss race, like in Sonic CD. The only problem I see with this is that Barry has a life system, then again, it would make for a harder, longer race.

3. Both 1&2 :D

I want it to be choice 3 :D