Awoo.

My Sonic, why so... RED?!

Hero of Legend

If it was online versus there would be no point in having the opponents info on the screen, especially not their Wisp gauge. Also, they're sharing the same timer and score counter. Definitely co-op.

If every person in the race is just a different coloured Sonic, there will be no arguing over who gets to be Sonic.

Of course, there should be other characters for people who want variety, but when the same character is picked, it should turn into a recolour.

Usually, in Online the Sonic on your screen is blue, and all the others are recolours. To the other player, in Online, he is Sonic and you're the recolour.

Everybody wins.

Things are different in split-screen. Then P1 would be Sonic, and P2 etc would be recolours.

Exactly what I've been attempting to drill into these peoples heads!

If it was online versus there would be no point in having the opponents info on the screen, especially not their Wisp gauge. Also, they're sharing the same timer and score counter. Definitely co-op.

But there is the possibility that Barry would be used for a ghost mode. I'm 100% positive that it's co-op though because, like you said, the shared timer and score counter.

No. Impossible. Everyone loves Tails :/

Then they could've added gliding and flying? And I wouldn't be all too angry if they couldn't fly or glide. If I recall they couldn't in Rivals and it was just fine. Of course it would be better if they could, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they couldn't. And also, only whiny bitches would whine about Shadow being in.

Exactly. I will one day own every piece of Tails merchandise.

Actually, Tails did fly in Rivals, but your halfway right because he couldn't fly unless he got his special move.

I wouldn't be too happy if Shadow got in though because SEGA is just treating him like a main character and I cannot accept any characters aside from Team Sonic, Amy and Eggman as main characters, but I wouldn't whine about it, I just wouldn't use him. But theres a lot of whiny bitches in the Sonic fanbase so people will whine about him NOT being in.

SEGA are on to us. The screenshot has been removed from the Amazon page :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA are on to us. The screenshot has been removed from the Amazon page :lol:

Scared leakage strange because why add remove ... О_о
  • Thumbs Up 1

Clearly the feature wasn't supposed to be seen yet. I suppose that Colours HAD to a leak at some point.

Clearly the feature wasn't supposed to be seen yet. I suppose that Colours HAD to a leak at some point.

Things were going so well too :lol: If the Green Wisp at Gamescom wasn't a leak, then this sure is. We just need a Free Riders leak now :lol: I wonder if we'll ever get a Sonic game without leaks.

The screen's still active as you can see in the OP, just absent from the product page! O_o

They compensated by replacing it with a shot of Sonic in yo FACE! :o

Sega must hate me by now. :(

Ain't I a stinka? XD

Things were going so well too :lol: If the Green Wisp at Gamescom wasn't a leak, then this sure is. We just need a Free Riders leak now :lol:

Except nobody will care about that.

I dunno if the Green Wisp was a leak actually... it was just badly timed. If they put two and two together they would have shown green instead of pink. Simple mistake really. Now we just have to wonder WHERE Amazon got this no-no pic from.

Except nobody will care about that.

I dunno if the Green Wisp was a leak actually... it was just badly timed. If they put two and two together they would have shown green instead of pink. Simple mistake really. Now we just have to wonder WHERE Amazon got this no-no pic from.

Maybe the Japanese accidentally added.

The antenna is probably so you can't get so far away from each other, like the ring-band in Chaotix and shared air-guage in Riders. They both have individual rings, life and boost but share a score. This has to be co-op.

I thought the same when seeing the screenshot..But then it might not be co-op since both have their own lives and all that, if it was then they would have one boost gouge for both , so when you boost the other one also , but i might be wrong. It could be the kind of co-op that can have players separate from each other, but then the antennae on each of them would bring no use? I guess we'll have to wait until someone digs out more info on this, OR when SEGA confirms something about this.

If there is more than just a Red Sonic, It would be utter Irony if we got a Green Sonic. Scourge may see a game yet!

it might not be co-op since both have their own lives and all that, if it was then they would have one boost gouge for both

What about Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Co-Op works in the exact way that we are speaking on that game and Sonic was in it. Also, it probably works so that if one person boosts they both boost and the two gauges could mean that you get twice as much boost time.

I really don't think co-op would work with this kind of game considering the speed of this game. Co-op worked well in 06 and it would probably have also worked well with a game like Sonic Adventure 2. I think it'd be best for SEGA to wait until a Heroes sequel to do Co-op, but maybe that's just me.

Edited by Edge

I wouldn't be too happy if Shadow got in though because SEGA is just treating him like a main character and I cannot accept any characters aside from Team Sonic, Amy and Eggman as main characters, but I wouldn't whine about it, I just wouldn't use him. But theres a lot of whiny bitches in the Sonic fanbase so people will whine about him NOT being in.

Unfortunately for you, Shadow IS a main series character, and has been a main series character for quite some time.

On the other hand, according to Sega, so is Blaze, which is kinda lolwut?

If there is more than just a Red Sonic, It would be utter Irony if we got a Green Sonic. Scourge may see a game yet!

Dibs on green Sonic. ALL. THE. TIME. =P

Edited by Aquaslash

Unfortunately for you, Shadow IS a main series character, and has been a main series character for quite some time.

I just don't consider him one. It's always been those five characters to me.

Edited by Edge

1.) How could this be a new Metal Sonic? Sonic has the same attire.

Well, the term "placeholder" I used means that the model has been swapped with on of a Sonic recolor for some reason.

2.) That's a boost gauge.

Well of course, it would be no fun if he didn't have a boost guage.

3.) How about this? Barry is in the game so two people can play as Sonic at the same time and not be stuck playing as the other characters that they don't like ala Smash Bros?

I'm fine with that, if it's true, I'd enjoy it either way, but in all honesty, I'd rather play as Metal Sonic than Barry the Redgehog, so I can still hope this is how Metal will be implimented. Granted, I'm probably dead wrong, but its still a possiblity you can't discount yet, and I'm not discounting your theory either, as we still have no fucking idea what this is all about. It could be anything, really. It's not split screen, so it can't be multiplayer(racing), but it could be either online play or co-op(chaotix style), so until SEGA tells us, we won't know for sure.

What about Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Co-Op works in the exact way that we are speaking on that game and Sonic was in it. Also, it probably works so that if one person boosts they both boost and the two gauges could mean that you get twice as much boost time.

I really don't think co-op would work with this kind of game considering the speed of this game. Co-op worked well in 06 and it would probably have also worked well with a game like Sonic Adventure 2. I think it'd be best for SEGA to wait until a Heroes sequel to do Co-op, but maybe that's just me.

Well yeh, thats true? But with each having their own boost gauge...It just seems more like a race mode? And i agree, co-op in the game isn't really a good idea, they should of made co-op in other games that weren't really on speed, more in the middle of platforming and speed (but more on platforming) like how you said SA2 ?

But you said a health bar!

I said life system, by which I meant the little icon in the upper right corner. Sorry for not explaining that.

I think we should name this Red Sonic....

How about.. Barry.. Barry the RedHog. He drinks pints which turns him red.

"What you see is what you get. Just a guy who loves his brandy! I'm Barry the Redhog!"

He fights Dr. Roscotchnik who wants to keep all the drinks for himself. He has to stop Roscotchnik before he builds an alcohol-siphoning space station in the shape of an olive.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

it could be online-corporate play

iizuka said sonic colors would be aimed to be the best Wii game and the DS Version is aimed to be the best DS Game.

i wouldn't be surprised if they pushed the game far to that matter of online corporate play.

I am also assuming if you pick sonic and your friend picks sonic then one of both players will have a color change (and i assume that what we are seeing from the screen shots).

I am also assuming if you pick sonic and your friend picks sonic then one of both players will have a color change (and i assume that what we are seeing from the screen shots).

I'm assuming Sonic is the only playable character.