Awoo.

My Sonic, why so... RED?!

Hero of Legend

So... Sonic and his red counterpart have made it to Lego Land.

...it's like SEGA went back in time 15 years into my childhood fantasies and said "Here, have some awesome."

... <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Fastfeet comfirmed for Colors, 8U? *shot*

To me, it looks like a test run for Tails to be playable as co-op, but his animations aren't complete. Hoping that's it though. Co-op would be badass, 8D. At least some sort of split screen racing mode anyways.

-Blur

If it IS going to be Tails... keep that antenna.

Tails%20Doll.png

I'm posting like, 20 posts a minute I'm hyped darn this sugar

You know who they should replace Red Sonic with? Mighty! That's who!

Because, He doesn't really have any predefined abilities (other that his strength), and It'd be less of a model edit than Shadow!

C'mon! Pleases SEGA? You know we want Mighty!

This is honestly probably just some shittily thrown together 2-player game, I really don't think you guys should be getting too excited for it.

I knew there would be something like this revealed eventually. Iizuka and other SEGA staff kept avoiding questions about multiplayer and would say things like "there are other modes that will be revealed at a later date". This reminds me of Shadow the Hedgehog's multiplayer with the Shadow bots. Hope this works well.

This is honestly probably just some shittily thrown together 2-player game, I really don't think you guys should be getting too excited for it.

That's what we care about.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who shat in your soup.

I mean, come on. This is pretty significant news, and could be pretty awesome. And Colors has been getting an awful lot right, in a lot of people's eyes. Can we at least wait until we have a reason to do so, before we start with the extreme pessimism?

I'm loving this game as much as Kirby loves feeling pants!

Edited by Hero of Legend

i would prefer shadow, tails and amy and silver...etc like secret rings, a corporate would be nice with tails or any other characters.

why sonic vs sonic?, also this is from SEGA's Japan Amazon Official Game Page , so i think this can be trusted. i will have to wait until sega confirms some thing in the multi-player side of sonic colors :mellow:

I was snooping as usual around SEGAs site and I found this:

RSH.png

:o Sonic Colours is not only getting a book, but it seems the red Sonic is part of the story!

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Fancharacter mode confirmed, who'da thought.

This joke has probably been made a million times already but I'm too lazy to read

Edited by Noir

I found official art on Google Images:

665310_dc86_625x625.jpg

I wonder when they were planning on showcasing this? They kept dodging multiplayer questions in interviews, so I expected to see something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who shat in your soup.

I mean, come on. This is pretty significant news, and could be pretty awesome. And Colors has been getting an awful lot right, in a lot of people's eyes. Can we at least wait until we have a reason to do so, before we start with the extreme pessimism?

No one shat in my soup, it's just that the idea of racing 2 Sonic recolors against each other in what looks to be a bland and boring level doesn't excite me in the least.

I was snooping as usual around SEGAs site and I found this:

*pic*

:o Sonic Colours is not only getting a book, but it seems the red Sonic is part of the story!

I C WHAT U DID THAR!!!

Obviously somebody at SEGA suddenly developed a sense of humor.

Much like the Hydrocity pics popping up around the S4 update foreshadowing the changing of the "wall"

*GASP* Is there a Colours update coming?

I found official art on Google Images:

665310_dc86_625x625.jpg

I wonder when they were planning on showcasing this? They kept dodging multiplayer questions in interviews, so I expected to see something.

I guess they were waiting for the right time to reveal it? I mean, from that room it looks like an area for beta testing.

Really hoping that this is a Co-op mode, I never really cared for the racing modes, they were only worth a few plays for me. Though if this in the game, I wonder when they'll officially reveal it? Between Wisp updates, after all of the Wisps are revealed, or will it not be important enough and just...be there?

Also, it's nice they allowed so many 12-year old's fancharacters in this game.

Edited by Ekaje

No one shat in my soup, it's just that the idea of racing 2 Sonic recolors against each other in what looks to be a bland and boring level doesn't excite me in the least.
So because you, personally, don't like the way this one fragment of information looks, and have assumed it to be the whole of the idea, you've decided that it's shit and no one should get excited.

So because you, personally, don't like the way this one fragment of information looks, and have assumed it to be the whole of the idea, you've decided that it's shit and no one should get excited.

This.

The level itself is an absolute odd-ball, one of those intentionally bland places. It's probably for practising or is a mini-stage designed specifically for multiplayer, cause such is not uncommon. I'd be hugely shocked if all the multiplayer took place in this here 'Bland Planes Zone'.

I guess so, yeah. I'm sure that if this was something to truly get excited for there would've been an announcement made for it, but as of now all it looks like is a boring 2-player mode set in a level with no color and what looks like boring level design. I mean like, I guess that can change, but I'd much rather not waste my time getting excited for what looks like a hastily added 2-player mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Clearly that is a black phantom who has invaded and needs to kill Sonic to get his coporeal body back.

Kind of gives me a Uniracers vibe, we'll see if it gets any more complex.

I think we should name this Red Sonic....

How about.. Barry.. Barry the RedHog. He drinks pints which turns him red.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess so, yeah. I'm sure that if this was something to truly get excited for there would've been an announcement made for it, but as of now all it looks like is a boring 2-player mode set in a level with no color and what looks like boring level design. I mean like, I guess that can change, but I'd much rather not waste my time getting excited for what looks like a hastily added 2-player mode.

They probably have, but this just happened to get 'officially leaked' first. It's not unusual. Why, it happened just the other day with the Green Wisp. We got the Pink Wisp announcment, followoed by videos of the Green Wisp and less than a day later they quietly announced the Green Wisp on the blog (oddly without a new stage reveal). It certainly seems like they announced the Green Wisp so soon after the Pink one because videos of him were surfacing.

Edited by Blue Blood

The level itself is an absolute odd-ball, one of those intentionally bland places. It's probably for practising or is a mini-stage designed specifically for multiplayer, cause such is not uncommon. I'd be hugely shocked if all the multiplayer took place in this here 'Bland Planes Zone'.

Or Sonic and his new red friend made it into Appature Science Laboratories? :D