Awoo.

My Sonic, why so... RED?!

Hero of Legend

I'm assuming Sonic is the only playable character.

only in the main story line, I assume. i think when developers/producer of this game says sonic is the only playable character in sonic colors, they mean the main story line.

I mean what is the use of Multi-player (which was confirmed in sonic colors) with only 1 character to pick? I have never seen a multi-player game with only 1 character to play with, let me know if you ever saw one

I think its an online co-op mode or online racing, Maybe tails and other characters would be playable as well, only in multi-player.

Multiplayer is already confirmed any ways, not much would like to play with sonic with different colors against another sonic with different colors, that wouldn't be a good marketing for sega.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 1

only in the main story line, I assume. i think when developers/producer of this game says sonic is the only playable character in sonic colors, they mean the main story line.

I mean what is the use of Multi-player (which was confirmed in sonic colors) with only 1 character to pick? I have never seen a multi-player game with only 1 character to play with, let me know if you ever saw one

I think its an online co-op mode or online racing, Maybe tails and other characters would be playable as well, only in multi-player.

Multiplayer is already confirmed any ways, not much would like to play with sonic with different colors against another sonic with different colors, that wouldn't be a good marketing for sega.

Shadow the Hedgehog only has Shadow, Yellow Shadow, and Shadow androids (identical, but each a different weapon with infinite power). It makes sense to only have the one character available in multiplayer because it saves times on animating other models and giving the characters their respective movesets which would also work against the level design (unless they go the Rivals route). Colours is first and foremost a singleplayer game, and any multiplayer will ultimately be an after-thought. A fucking awesome after-thought mind.

Also, Kameo: Elements of Power has a full co-op system where both players play as Kameo.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I will wait for sonic team to confirm that their won't be any playable characters in multiplayer or not, i hope not having any playable characters is not the case >_<

also sonic (werehog and hedgehog) was confirmed to be the only playable character during unleashed announcement and yet you controlled tails using the tornado in the final game, I don't think their would be tornado in sonic colors,

how ever, I think they are denying some thing so fans wouldn't over react about, like playable characters in multiplayer (only).

I am against the fact for other characters to be playable in colors main story mode (though not overall games, I liked them in SADX and SA2B but i don't want them in colors since it seems like the first 3d sonic that is close to the classics which i liked too) but having to Battle a Copy of your character with different color is not near half as fun as battling other plays with different characters (at least in my opinion).

any ways if their are playable characters in multi-player, I would like them to all to have the same speed , maybe give them all a speed shoes or some thing (except sonic),

Maybe Limit Multiplayer to Shadow,Knuckles,Sonic,Tails and Rouge and omega all with same speed.

it would be fun if you could play with tails in multiplayer and sonic races with you like sonic adventure/adventure DX :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzypw0tgMoM&NR=1

or even like sonic rivals :(

Edited by speedduelist

You guys don't seem to get game design. Adding Tails = Adding Flying = completely unbalancing the difficulty. In this kind of game design the players need to have even ground, so either need to just be re-colours or Metal Sonic or Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 1

You did not use Tails in Sonic Unleashed. You used Sonic with a turret gun. The only other characters used was Chip in the Gaia Colossus

If there were other characters, the screen(s) would show them. Why would Sonic Team advertise the multiplayer in the most mundane way possible, when they could show off all the cool characters they have to offer? I'm sorry, but it's very, VERY unlikely that there's more characters to play as in multiplayer.

You guys don't seem to get game design. Adding Tails = Adding Flying = completely unbalancing the difficulty. In this kind of game design the players need to have even ground, so either need to just be re-colours or Metal Sonic or Shadow.
It isn't impossible to balance characters with different abilities. It takes more work than clones, obviously, but if they're willing to put in the time and effort, and the differences between characters are reasonable, it can certainly be done. And it's not as if Tails absolutely must be able to fly; it'd be an unpopular choice, to be sure, but they could stick just about any character in as a Sonic clone, temporarily ditching their usual abilities in favor of homing attacks and wisp powers.

If there were other characters, the screen(s) would show them. Why would Sonic Team advertise the multiplayer in the most mundane way possible, when they could show off all the cool characters they have to offer? I'm sorry, but it's very, VERY unlikely that there's more characters to play as in multiplayer.
I doubt they intended to announce multiplayer by slipping a single screenshot to Amazon.com and having them discreetly post it, in the hopes that some random fan would find it and spread the news. Although I don't think it's likely that there'll be other characters either, you're asking the wrong question.

The levels are already designed for flight thanks to the green wisp.

The levels are already designed for flight thanks to the green wisp.

That's a very slow power-up though. It's rather different.

I doubt they intended to announce multiplayer by slipping a single screenshot to Amazon.com and having them discreetly post it, in the hopes that some random fan would find it and spread the news. Although I don't think it's likely that there'll be other characters either, you're asking the wrong question.

True, but still. If this is supposed to be some amazing multiplayer bonanza with a bunch of characters and co-op in levels, I highly doubt they would show take screenshots of Sonic racing against a red version of himself in a barren grey level with no identifiable geometry. That's just me though.

You guys don't seem to get game design. Adding Tails = Adding Flying = completely unbalancing the difficulty.

Or you could just like, not add flying.

That isn't a fix for an unbalance at all.

Either way, it's multiplayer. SEGA, I don't care if you race Sonic and a walking penis, this is great and amazing and wonderful and I love you SEGA. I love you. Take me, I want to carry your children.

any 1 noticed the thing that thing on their heads? more like a radar, maybe its a wisp power maybe its the purple/blue wisp ability that allows co-op similar sonic that helps you for like 30 seconds, maybe this screen shot is suppose to show it in action, i suppose this leaked shot was suppose to be to show that wisp in action when its revealed. i am just assuming though, its highly unlikely but any thing is possible :unsure:

Edited by speedduelist

That's a very slow power-up though. It's rather different.

Ok, the green wisp and the orange wisp, and to a lesser extent the purple wisp. You could disallow flight in the 3D sections on the grounds it wouldn't be useful for anything but going out of bounds.

And thinking about it reminded me of an idea I had for a no wisp mode co op mode where the two players (as Sonic and Tails) need to work together to get to places that require them.

Edited by Phos

Can't be a wisp power; neither Sonic has a wisp in the gauge.

they do actually but i agree it doesn't seem like another wisp since the purpose of the wisps is transforming into some thing else.

iizuka said their would be a possibly new character and metal sonic won't be in the game,

the screen shot could be any thing though, we will have to wait for more information.

they do actually but i agree it doesn't seem like another wisp since the purpose of the wisps is transforming into some thing else.

iizuka said their would be a possibly new character and metal sonic won't be in the game,

the screen shot could be any thing though, we will have to wait for more information.

Sonic-Colours-Amazon-JP-Screen-1.jpg

There is no Wisp in either of the Sonic's gauges. When using a Wisp, the Wisp's symbol is shown in the gauge with a decreasing effect happening on the bar.

Green-Wisp-Screen-2.jpg

It is worth noting just how different HUD is. Even the part on the gauge that houses the Wisps is a completely different shape.

@Shadzter

didn't notice that. Though, I am still wondering why does sonic has a radar on his head, maybe it detects if the player is close to you or not during multi-player online racing.

i guess we will have to wait for that too :mellow:

Yeah, the HUD is pretty different. Wouldn't it suck if there was going to be a co-op mode but was scrapped and this screen was never meant to be seen?

The gauge changes shape depending on whether or not you have a wisp power. Aside from being shorter* and transparent**, the gauges in the 2-player/co-op/whatever shot are the same as the normal no-wisp-power gauge.

*If this is co-op, maybe it's because boost power is split evenly between both players? Or maybe they're just shorter so they take up less screen space, since they're almost doubling the space the HUD takes up otherwise.

**The more I think about it, the more I think that level has some special meaning. In a game about "color", it's a world without color, and even the HUD is drained of most of its color. Could be a "Lost Prologue"-esque tutorial stage, or part of an "Eggman/an evil wisp steals color from the world" plot twist...

I can tell you what this world is. Look at the circles on the blocks, that should make it obvious. It's evil Lego Land.

But yeah, that's one cool looking stage. I really love the colorless brightness of it.

I can tell you what this world is. Look at the circles on the blocks, that should make it obvious. It's evil Lego Land.

But yeah, that's one cool looking stage. I really love the colorless brightness of it.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the pic was Dominos, to be honest.

**The more I think about it, the more I think that level has some special meaning. In a game about "color", it's a world without color, and even the HUD is drained of most of its color. Could be a "Lost Prologue"-esque tutorial stage, or part of an "Eggman/an evil wisp steals color from the world" plot twist...

My thoughts exactly. The thing is, Sonic presumably comes to the theme park via the space elevator we see in the trailer, so I don't get where a Lost-Prologue-esque tutorial level would go. But the screenshot looks too empty to be anything OTHER than a tutorial level...

The more things fail to add up, the more I'm inclined to think that this is merely an aborted idea / test area. :(

The thing is, Sonic presumably comes to the theme park via the space elevator we see in the trailer, so I don't get where a Lost-Prologue-esque tutorial level would go.
Well, it could be an out-of-story tutorial, something that's thematically appropriate without actually being part of the canon events of the game.

The more things fail to add up, the more I'm inclined to think that this is merely an aborted idea / test area. :(
I dunno, I doubt they'd let a beta/test area get through, even in a leak like this...

Actully when you think about it the leaked screen gives us a clue about this mode being from a more recent build and not from an old (or test area) one. In early screenshots of the game Sonic had circle shadows, but in the leaked screen both blue and red Sonic have normal shadows. If this idea was aborted don't you think it would have been much sooner in the development process?

Edited by speedfreak