Awoo.

goku262002

Kai was caught and thrown in jail with the other "airbenders". With one dai li saying that they are starting an airbending army for the Earth Queen

Spolier cuz plot

Kai was caught and thrown in jail with the other "airbenders". With one dai li saying that they are starting an airbending army for the Earth Queen

Spolier cuz plot

ohmy.png blink.png

thanks

Well, I finished S3E1.

Could have done without the 10 minutes of filler but it finally looks like this fucking series is getting somewhere interesting enough to be considered a worthy successor. I hope they can keep this up.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just got done watching the first three episodes of season 3 and I gotta say, it was a pretty solid start for this season. Let's just hope it can continues that way for the rest of the season.

I'm really starting to like Kai here and I wonder where it's going to go from here. I guess Mako is gonna have to do something big in this season to make him likeable... :\

I gotta catch the first 20 minutes of episode 1 but I can give my random thoughts of 2 and 3.

~Why do the Dai Li still fucking exist?! you would think they would be barred from forming ever again by the other nations after the first mess they caused with Azula. god...

~So Ba Sing Se is a 3 tier system now? must be the Earth Bitch's doing...

~It was cool seeing Zuko again (is that the red dragon from the dragon dance episode?) but I gotta get used to that new voice of his, its weird hearing him without a rasp.

~So the twins took over after their father "disappeared" eh? thats cool but they sound a bit cruel.

~Why does Kai remind me of Ben 10? anyways, I don't like him too much but hopefully after this whole Earth Queen army scare he will wisen up, don't see why Tenzen or Korra just didn't beaten him into submission with airbending though, show him how strong he can get if he just gave old his old lifestyle.

~Find it a bit funny that Jinora owns Aang's old staff while Korra owns his new one.

~Hopefully the Earth Queen gets dethroned, its hard to believe shes the child of the old earth king he was a nice guy too...

~Bolin is funny again! we didn't see much of his humor last season.

~Asami did something!! ohmy.png its cool btw shes still using the glove from the first season.

~Looks like Mako is mostly gonna take a backseat this season, thats good he needs a cool off from all the romance shit last season.

~Wonder if they are going to explain if the girl is related to boom boom man at all...

~You guys said before that Mako and Bolin's grandmother was a character from the previous avatar series, who was she?

~These band of evil benders are fucking tight with their ablities! a normal who can airbend now, a earthbender who can make magma shuriken, an armless waterbender and a thought controlling firebender. hopefully they give the avatar a run for her money.

~Korra said she can't access her past spirits anymore, does that mean she lost the avatar state too? haven't seen it yet.

I'll think of more later.

~You guys said before that Mako and Bolin's grandmother was a character from the previous avatar series, who was she?

~Korra said she can't access her past spirits anymore, does that mean she lost the avatar state too? haven't seen it yet.

~Jin, the girl that took Zuko on a date in Ba Sing Se. Somehow she's called "Yin" here, and I don't know why.

~Korra still has her Avatar state despite not having her past lives anymore. She used it to pacify the vines during the first book. 

Ah see I missed that, must've been in the 20 mins I lost out on.

So were sure thats her right?

~Jin, the girl that took Zuko on a date in Ba Sing Se. Somehow she's called "Yin" here, and I don't know why.

~Korra still has her Avatar state despite not having her past lives anymore. She used it to pacify the vines during the first book. 

Wait; I think I missed the boat on that. Does that mean no more Avatars after Korra?

Wait; I think I missed the boat on that. Does that mean no more Avatars after Korra?

No, it means that the ones 

before Korra can no longer be reached by her spiritually. There can still be new Avatars after Korra since she's the start of a new Avatar cycle.

Oh I feel soooooooo bad for all the future avatars that go to Korra for advice. sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh I feel soooooooo bad for all the future avatars that go to Korra for advice. sleep.png

meh, im sure by the time she is old grey and dead, she would be fine, assuming she lives that long, 

or maybe not

I think she'll be much wiser by the time the next Avatar takes her place. tongue.png

If anything, her screw up is one way she obtains her wisdom; failure is a learning lesson in itself after all.

I gotta catch the first 20 minutes of episode 1 but I can give my random thoughts of 2 and 3.

~Why do the Dai Li still fucking exist?! you would think they would be barred from forming ever again by the other nations after the first mess they caused with Azula. god...

~So Ba Sing Se is a 3 tier system now? must be the Earth Bitch's doing...

~Why does Kai remind me of Ben 10? anyways, I don't like him too much but hopefully after this whole Earth Queen army scare he will wisen up, don't see why Tenzen or Korra just didn't beaten him into submission with airbending though, show him how strong he can get if he just gave old his old lifestyle.

~Hopefully the Earth Queen gets dethroned, its hard to believe shes the child of the old earth king he was a nice guy too...

~Wonder if they are going to explain if the girl is related to boom boom man at all...

I'll think of more later.

-They're only operating within the walls of the city as of now, the other nations have no jurisdiction over them.

-Ba Sing Se was always a 3-tier city, although the lower ring seems even worse than it did in ATLA.

-Doing that would contradict the pacifistic ideals of the Air nomads that they're trying to teach him.

-We have no idea how the Earth king's travels outside of Ba Sing Se affected him.

-Probably, Zuko specifically mentioned him in ep. 3 and his style was the only unique bending style from ATLA that never got any explanation as to what it actually is.

I'm liking these episodes so far but we don't know enough about the new characters and developments for me to make critical judgement on them yet. I'm really curious about what made Zaheer so dangerous that he had to be imprisoned even before he became an air bender.

Hmm. I've been checking some anime websites and they only have the first two episodes available...they clearly showed three so I don't even know why this is the case.

Great three episodes. Some really interesting stories unfolding, the characters are all written well, the action is great and the animation as always is lovely. Thank you writers for dropping that shitty love triangle and focusing on Korra and Asami's friendship. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Keep in mind it was shown off as 1 hour and 1 half hour episodes, so it may count as 2 on some sites.

-They're only operating within the walls of the city as of now, the other nations have no jurisdiction over them.

-Ba Sing Se was always a 3-tier city, although the lower ring seems even worse than it did in ATLA.

-Doing that would contradict the pacifistic ideals of the Air nomads that they're trying to teach him.

-We have no idea how the Earth king's travels outside of Ba Sing Se affected him.

-Probably, Zuko specifically mentioned him in ep. 3 and his style was the only unique bending style from ATLA that never got any explanation as to what it actually is.

I'm liking these episodes so far but we don't know enough about the new characters and developments for me to make critical judgement on them yet. I'm really curious about what made Zaheer so dangerous that he had to be imprisoned even before he became an air bender.

~Ugh, they probably don't want to anyways. the earth bitch is a tyrant and I'm sure they don't want to cause another nation-to-nation war.

~Was it? it never seemed that way to me in the original series, I guess it only got worse with time.

~Well I would just mean a friendly dual between airbenders, I'm sure airbenders tested their strength against one another and learn from eachothers methods. Kai is talented but I'm sure the likes of Tenzen can 1-up him pretty quick.

~Isn't the comics trying to fill that void though? I'm sure I remember the Earth King was seen once or twice.

~Hopefully we get more detail on the thought firebending technique, it was pretty cool and I would like to know more about it.

So why is the EARTH Queen building an AIRbending army??

at this point all is up in the air. Since it ended after that. She may. Just. Want to opress them as revenge for what she thinks aang and Zuko did to her lands.

[spolier] at this point all is up in the air. Since it ended after that. She may. Just. Want to opress them as revenge for what she thinks aang and Zuko did to her lands.

Your spoiler didn't work.

tumblr_n7v90nPsTb1rw9ny4o1_500.gif

Energy drink is in my nose now, thanks! XD

Oh someone on io9 pointed this out, not sure if lazy recycling or brilliant referencing, More Here in this recap ~SPOILERS~ (io9):

788287668185724454.jpg

This is the Apartment Zuko and Iroh stayed at in the episode "The Earth King"

788287668316469542.png

This is the Apartment Bolin and Mako stay at in the Episode "The Earth Queen"

Its nice to see that Ba Sing Se is still a corrupt slumhole with a thinly veiled metaphor for North Korea.

Or as Toph so elegantly put it....

788287668384867878.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I'm REALLY liking these 4 new villains so far....well, 3 of them right now, but we should see the forth one next episode.

Seriously, that armless Water/Ice bending chick is awesome

The guy who bends the Fire/Earth "shuriken"...is he Lava Bending?! It looks like he's combining Fire and Earth together (Molten Rock), but I thought that ordinary people can't have more than one element to bend, with the Avatar being the exception of course.

I'm a bit confused here.