Awoo.

goku262002

The guy who bends the Fire/Earth "shuriken"...is he Lava Bending?! It looks like he's combining Fire and Earth together (Molten Rock), but I thought that ordinary people can't have more than one element to bend, with the Avatar being the exception of course.

I'm a bit confused here.

It may have to do with Harmonic Convergence. Like non benders being able to airbend. Plus Zuko did say that together their powers could destroy the world

It may have to do with Harmonic Convergence. Like non benders being able to airbend. Plus Zuko did say that together their powers could destroy the world

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I really should've left my comment as a spoiler...oh well, it's changed now.

The guy who bends the Fire/Earth "shuriken"...is he Lava Bending?! It looks like he's combining Fire and Earth together (Molten Rock), but I thought that ordinary people can't have more than one element to bend, with the Avatar being the exception of course.

I'm a bit confused here.

Lava IS molten rocks, just as a waterbender can turn water into ice by messing with the temperature of the water they're using, I think an earthbender can mess with the temperature of the rocks they're using, being able to make them so hot they melt.

Lava IS molten rocks, just as a waterbender can turn water into ice by messing with the temperature of the water they're using, I think an earthbender can mess with the temperature of the rocks they're using, being able to make them so hot they melt.

I thought this would be the case as well, but if it is, then why hasn't any other Earthbender in the show used this technique? We've seen loads of Waterbenders turn water to ice and even a couple of Firebenders utilizing lightning.

We haven't seen this technique used throughout ATLA and the first 2 Books of Korra after all so I thought it was something completely new.

I was wondering that too, but then I realised, the temperature needed to melt water is not that much high, heck, holding an ice block could melt it, but a rock? It would need some SERIOUS effort to melt one, now if you translate that to bending, it would need a REALLY powerful tecnique to melt rocks so fast, because the melting temperature here is MUCH higher than ice, and if you consider that earthbending itself is a much more ''physical'' style of bending, most people would barely find it practical, if you notice, the rocks aren't fully melted, they're still a bit solid, so he can throw without them dissolving on their way into the targets. And that's without saying that ALL the four members of the team of Special Bending Cookies here have obviously a natural talent with the elements they're using, so it's not too hard to belive that it's not even a tecnique, it's something that cannot be recreated and only happens because the dude was born with the powers to do so, like Combustion Man.

It must be a extremely advanced art of Bending.

Shoot that guy could possibly create Volcano's with his power.

Lava is simply molten rock, not a combination of fire and earth. If this guy is powerful enough he could put so much pressure on the rocks that they melt.

So now that I've re-watched the first three episodes again, I think it's time to talk about the most important character introduced in the third book. RIYU!

I really liked the three episodes. They felt more in line with the original series to me.

It's nice to see much less focus on romance and Korra and Asami becoming better friends.

Zahir seems pretty cool. Didn't find his voice really fitting, though. Interesting that he was able to air bend so well. Seeing as his three companions are of the other nations, I wonder if his non-bending fighting style was already based off of air-bending movements and that's why he's already so good at it.

Kai is OK. Looked and sounded a bit like Aang to me.

The episodes were also really funny. Bolin is usually pretty funny, but I hope he's more useful now. The recruiting of air Benders was really fun, too. The elevator scene with Zuko was a highlight for me.

Anyone else think the Fire Bender in Zahir's gang would be Azula? xD

She'd had to have one big fountain of youth for 70 years to look that young compared to her brother.

tongue.png

I know it's not her

now. I figured that out when Zuko said she had the same ability as Combustion Man and when (part of) her face was shown.

She's obviously Azula and Combustion Man's daughter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really liked the three episodes. They felt more in line with the original series to me.

It's funny you mentioned that, because I felt the same way when I saw the episodes. I really did feel it was a little more like the original series which I liked. <3

Great to hear that it's not just me that felt like Season 3's first 3 episodes were pretty good!

Kai is alright, can't wait to see what happens to him afterwards.

It's great that Korra and Asami are getting along despite all the confusion in the previous season.

I too thought the elevator scene conversation between Eska and Zuko was funny but I thought the REAL highlight was Mako and Bolin's reunion with their family, pretty emotional and heart-warming at the end. 

Also I thought the conflict between Tenzin and the farmer was interesting since both brought up really good points. 

Overall, Season 3 is looking pretty good and can't wait to see more next week!

So how bout them new episodes today eh?

By the way I have a secret.......

I have a crush on Opal.

biggrin.png

But seriously, that second episode was pretty damn emotional on me.

Now I REALLY want to know what Lin's problem with her sister is. The way she told Opal to GTFO was pretty dickish. Opal is pretty cute tho

wink.png

Some excellent choreography in the fights in these two episodes as well. Loved it.

She is pretty cute. I feel like I already know what lin's problem is or at least I think I have an idea.....

She is pretty cute. I feel like I already know what lin's problem is or at least I think I have an idea.....

Please do tell

Considering the leaked episode synopsis from way back, I think Lin's problem with her sister resulted in her getting those scars on her cheeks.

But other that, good episodes.

-More Jinora blushing over Kai. Them writers sure do know how to pick and portray their shippings.

-Could tell Zahir with his hair shaved off right away at the temple. Now I'm just wondering what his deal with the Avatar is and if it really involves just killing her and not anything else.

-Sokka got a mention. So did he become chief of the Southern Water tribe?

-Oh hi, Varrick.

-Just when you thought Aang might've been a sucky parent to his kids, Toph now has him beat.

-Opal was cute. Dose bright eyes.

Let me get this straight…so Lin's sister left home when she was younger and traveled the world but after creating a Metal City with her husband, she hasn't let her kids leave and live outside of the city?

Let me get this straight…so Lin's sister let home when she was younger and traveled the world but after creating a Metal City with her husband, she hasn't let her kids leave and live outside of the city?

thinking about it it makes sense though. Like Lin's sister said. Toph was raised in a strict household so she let her daughter's do whatever they wanted. So now Lin's sister didn't want that for her children so she is doing what toph's parwnts did by creating strict rules that they cant leave. My money is on that either Opal is allowed to travel or she runs away like Toph did

I find it interesting how everyone makes these certain mistakes based off of how they lived and they do something different in the future usually when they have kids. But in the process they accidentally cause more problems.

In regards to your question tails spin

Given that they said that Lin followed in her mother's foot steps, and her sister went a "different path" it sounds like she did something considered at the time to be highly unfavorable and maybe even something that Lin believes broke the family apart. It's possible that the thing she went on to do might have been something illegal or maybe something criminally related. She said that at one point she joined a pirate crew and a traveling circus. I think that before that she might have been some kind of criminal which of course went against Lin on the opposite side of the law. Lin's sister had said earlier that just because someone does something horrible doesn't mean that they deserve to have it held against them for the rest of their life. I feel like that might be some form of symbolism so to speak. Not to mention the fact that toph of all people went on a journey for spiritual enlightenment. Considering how she grew up in ATLA is exactly what caused her to want to raise Lin and Sue this way, and it seemed to backfire has probably caused this. After all we know Toph was an officer. Finding your two daughters in this kind of predicament would drive any parent to sad lengths, especially given that neither of them know their fathers and neither do we.

To be fair I'm probably reading waaay to much into this, but still. I think I remember hearing a rumor like this somewhere, but I don't remember what is said, so this is what I got.