Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

IIRC, Ian's said he's figured out how to bring Katella in - which like the Nerbs is something he wasn't particularly interested in doing, but since people kept making Katella fanart, he just kept having her shoved into his attention, pretty much. Doesn't necessarily confirm she'll appear, just amuses me how these things go.

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

I'm sure he'll have a good long chat with Wally in the future.

It would be neat but for the most part , he doesn't get to the chat with them. or interact with them much. The most he had with relic was a few sentences and she wa a comic orginal. 

I dunno if its sega, I dunno if its archie but shadow is forbidden from having or getting into meaningful conversation with these folks, which is odd considering who he is, who he works for ect. 

Or the stories he's been in post-reboot just haven't lent themselves to that. The SatAM cast is considered the same as Archie originals for all effects, and he certainly wasn't forbidden from interacting with Eclipse or Black Death, was he?

• Thumbs Up 5

Why would he be forbidden from interacting with the SatAMers exactly? That's certainly a new one...

7 hours ago, The KKM said:

IIRC, Ian's said he's figured out how to bring Katella in - which like the Nerbs is something he wasn't particularly interested in doing, but since people kept making Katella fanart, he just kept having her shoved into his attention, pretty much. Doesn't necessarily confirm she'll appear, just amuses me how these things go.

"Okay Okay I'll bring in Katella just stop bothering me!" ~Ian Flynn probably.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, The KKM said:

Or the stories he's been in post-reboot just haven't lent themselves to that. The SatAM cast is considered the same as Archie originals for all effects, and he certainly wasn't forbidden from interacting with Eclipse or Black Death, was he?

Those characters spun off from something he did.

And a few of them have, they litterally thew in segata sanshiro and satam characters in sonic the fighters, shadow....nope. Not even in the crowd.

Oh the aliens crash landed, could have landed anywhere like where like a where foreign ff crew is exspanding the world and creating an unsual interaction. Nope knuckles, and relic who he gets like 7 lines with.

He worlds unite....oh he exploded.

This started happening like right before the reboot too, remember when shit was going down and he was "gaurding the president". Not going to get into why thats, completely stupid on a military planning level.

Almost everytime, he had an oppertunity, to interact with these folks...nothing.

It would probably make more sense to have Katella as a mercenary native to Mobius/Earth of some sort instead of an intergalactic bounty hunter. Or from Sol or the future.

I don't think Ian would want things to go too far out of this world since there's plenty to do with the settings we already have rather than bring more characters from outer space.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not making her from space would make her boring, imo. If you don't do that, you might as well make a new character, then.

Anyway, so uh... I got Universe 85 in the mail today...

I'll do a brief summary, gimme a minute

• Thumbs Up 1

If subscribers are getting the issue early, things must be back to normal.

• Thumbs Up 2

Was almost done, and there was a stupid blackout all of a sudden. Posting a shorter version in increments just in case.

Spoiler

-Eggman gets saved by Axel. Eggman suspects the Twins are conjuring monsters. Eggman is surprised Axel rescued him, and Axel gives a little speech about how his gang looks out for each other even if they hate each other.

-Abyss is attempting to shut down the back-up generator while Kukku fights monsters. She's unable to do anything, so Kukku throws a bunch of bombs at the generator and blows it up.

-Hood and Conquering are battling the Witchcarters (Carrotia fires dark energy carrot-shaped projectiles, a nice nod to Skypatrol), but the trio is still strong because Tundra and Akhlut haven't shut down the generator. Akhlut uses his psychic wave things to attack Tundra, but Tundra manages to stop him by freezing him with... ice breath. Eggman calls and gives a paraphrased version of Axel's speech, adding that he'll lock them up as well as their soldiers if they fail. They stop ("But this isn't over") and shut it down.

-With that down, the Witchcarters are weakened, allowing Conquering to bring them down. Hood explains that they're actually mind-controlled (one of the wizards' powers, along with crystalmancy and shape-shifting.). He uses his vertigo-inducers to free them from the mind control, and Bearenger swears they'll get revenge on Wendy.

-Clove breaks Thunderbolt out of her armor to save her from being crushed. After a narrow escape, Clove tells Thunderbolt that she doesn't get to judge her sister because she chose Cassia's way of life for her (quietly adding that she couldn't bear to let her go). Thunderbolt reminds Clove that she should be worshiping Eggman every waking moment, but Clove manages to get out of it by saying that Thunderbolt is clearly more worthy of Eggman's attention. Then they shut down the defenses.

-Neph and Maw are dealing with crystallized robots. Maw tells Neph to take down the control tower while he uses a "trick." Using some weird... energy... wave... thing, Maw wipes them out. Neph notices that even the animals are gone and asks how Maw did it. Maw says his modifications are experimental and confidential, adding that "But don't worry -- the beauty of those robots is that those little animals will live forever." 

-The Twins are at the center spire. Wally says that he'll use the energy to restore his magic (and Wendy comments that he'll finally stop whining about it). Wally begins the process by calling upon the "dark god": "The ancient ways are not forgotten! Your loyal servants ask for your blessing. Rekindle the fire within me -- Ixis!" Wendy begins to laugh at Wally's mistake and informs him that it's Dark Gaia's energy, not Ixis. Wally yells at Wendy to stop lecturing him, reminding her that she "corrupted" the old ways and barters with their enemy. Wendy gets annoyed and says that technology is a tool, much like wands and totems ("And Dr. Eggman is your sworn enemy, not mine."), and that she's only helping him because he's family. He tries to summon the power again, but fails because it was shut down.

-Wendy realizes that she can only call Badniks individually now and that her link with her Witchcarters is severed. Eggman, the Egg Bosses, and the freed Witchcarters suddenly appear, ready to confront them. Wendy, however, reminds "Eggy" that she can summon Badniks individually, and she also takes control of the Witchcarters again since they're in range. Finally, she calls upon Crystal Sonic, a crystallized Metal. That's it for the story.

There's concept art for Abyss, Maw, and Akhlut in the back. Two Off-Panels again, the first one's okay, the second one is kinda dumb. The end.

All done. Had ANOTHER blackout, so it took longer than I intended. Sorry it's so sloppy, I was trying to type it up as quickly as I could.

Edited by Mister X
  • Thumbs Up 4

57 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

You got it already? That's fast.

I'm stunned. This is the first time I've gotten an issue this early in a long time.

Oh yeah, the whole issue is done by Adam Bryce Thomas this time. No half-and-half thing like 84. I guess Tracy's done for a while.

So I was watching a play through of the Wii version of Unleashed, since I had never played that version before, and am surprised at just how many things Ian has been using for the comic adaptation.

Which characters have been holding the keys have been the exact same characters that hold the tablets used for the same purpose in the game.

Even little things, like the dad from Adabat being upset over their ancestral home bring destroyed, and Pickle being shocked over his friend being a guardian of the Gaia key.

It's just the neat little things.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Why would he be forbidden from interacting with the SatAMers exactly? That's certainly a new one...

Yeah, my thoughts exactly...seriously, if Sega cared to put in a mandate against SatAM characters interacting with someone, why Shadow and Shadow alone? I can't think of a single reason.

Also, I haven't received #280 or #281 in the mail yet...is this true of anyone else?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly...seriously, if Sega cared to put in a mandate against SatAM characters interacting with someone, why Shadow and Shadow alone? I can't think of a single reason.

Also, I haven't received #280 or #281 in the mail yet...is this true of anyone else?

Got 281, but no 280.

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

And a few of them have, they litterally thew in segata sanshiro and satam characters in sonic the fighters, shadow....nope. Not even in the crowd.

He was doing his own thing back at the GUN base or whatever, watching the fights.

Oh the aliens crash landed, could have landed anywhere like where like a where foreign ff crew is exspanding the world and creating an unsual interaction. Nope knuckles, and relic who he gets like 7 lines with.

They wanted to connect Shadow Fall with Chaos Caper and have a fight between Sonic's two main rivals. He didn't talk much with Relic (though seven lines is a lot, honestly) because he was busy talking with the major characters and fighting Eclipse and/or Knuckles most of the time. 

He worlds unite....oh he exploded.

They wanted a shock "death", and the cast was already full enough with the FFs, Knuckles, Sticks, the Maverick Hunters, the Robot Masters, Mega Man, Break Man, Roll, Dr. Light, etc. They used it as a chance to have the comic-exclusives do things, since they didn't appear in Worlds Collide.

They just haven't had a chance to have him talk to the FFs yet. The FFs are primarily in the main book, while Shadow appears almost entirely in Universe these days (because he's popular), hunting aliens and stuff. There's really no need for them to talk right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

New issue's out? o-o

That was basically my reaction when I saw it in the mail. And I just got 84 in the mail a couple of days ago, too. So...

Question from the reptile fanatic;

Mordred's vertigo inducer thing is what he has instead of hypnosis now, right? Not just some item?

Just now, Detective Reptiles said:

Question from the reptile fanatic;

Hide contents

Mordred's vertigo inducer thing is what he has instead of hypnosis now, right? Not just some item?

Spoiler

Yeah, the first one. No items or anything

Edited by Mister X

47 minutes ago, Toby said:

So I was watching a play through of the Wii version of Unleashed, since I had never played that version before, and am surprised at just how many things Ian has been using for the comic adaptation.

Which characters have been holding the keys have been the exact same characters that hold the tablets used for the same purpose in the game.

Even little things, like the dad from Adabat being upset over their ancestral home bring destroyed, and Pickle being shocked over his friend being a guardian of the Gaia key.

It's just the neat little things.

How long until someone chimes in that he still doesn't understand the plot and characters of Unleashed?

3 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Hmm...

Metroidprime3_1.png

Nah.

But the Esquivel Off-Panel writes itself!

Panel 1: Katella the Huntress (for it is she) standing at the window of her boomerang shaped spaceship

"Time for me to suit up and go out on a space walk"

Panel 2: Katella the Huntress wearing what our lawyers say is a safe imitation of Samus's armour. Katella looks annoyed at this (even though she would have clearly seen it was the wrong suit before she put it on)

"Argh! The dry cleaners mixed me up with that other girl again!"

Alternatively:

Panel 1: Katella the Huntress (for it is she) addressing the audience with a cocky manner.

"You know, it's not easy being such a beautiful and deadly intergalactic huntress like myself, you make a lot of enemies..."

Panel 2-3: Katella (insert) thumbing at a picture of her being chased by what our lawyer says is a safe imitation of a Metriod.

"Sometimes they even forget who I am!"

(Katella in the image being chased by Metroids) "Go away, you got me mixed up with that other (not as beautiful and deadly)* bounty hunter!

*Bracketed because I doubt Eric is capable of making a slightly funny joke.

BONUS Eric's fetish Off-panel

Panel 1: Eggman and Katella standing together

Eggman (for it is he) "If you're going to live with me, you'll have to eat like me."

Panel 2: Katella considers this with a look of disgust, imagining herself as a chubby figure eating eggs.

Archie's staff die of laughter, Eric get's paid his usual fee of $10 and whatever he can rummage from the canteen biscuit tin.

• Thumbs Up 5

12 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

How long until someone chimes in that he still doesn't understand the plot and characters of Unleashed?

I wasn't going to, but if you're going to be provocative about it, sure :V although allow me to alter the chime, since I don't know what he does or not understand with certainty, so I'll instead just chime, with a wink and a smile, in response to " It's just the neat little things. ", that "shame about the neat big ones like the arching themes and character interactions" ;);) and next time you complain about people complaining, remember this time when you were the one enticing people on ;)

EDIT: anyone wanting to salt their fries from my post, go ahead :V

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Have some spoiler pictures from Universe 85 (sorry for poor quality)

Reveal hidden contents

Axel.jpg

Battle Lord.jpg

Battle.jpg

Bearenger.jpg

Ixis.jpg

Maw.jpg

Crystal Sonic.jpg

1000 PAGES!

Okay, that final part is a little bit silly

How many varieties of Sonic do we have now? Even just robotic versions

• Thumbs Up 2