Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

That's why I would try Kid Icarus. It's "young", so there isn't any sacred image to protect and it has a lot of talking, so it's not like they can't have stories. Universe is rich, full of characters, and while story is mostly comedic, there are serious moments.
The only drawback is this is tricky universe to expand. What if Flynn wants to create non-Ares, but next game build completely different God of War. (Insert obvious Kratos joke here).

My second pick would be Metroid. She has more personality then Mario or Link and adapting her games would be fascinating. Besides, she's a bounty hunter flying through space. Making new stories and characters that don't contradict games would be really easy. Who knows, maybe Flynn would be even able to do Other M right. Theme of "Mother" could really work in Metroid, of done right. Samus is an orphan, her main villlain is called "Mother Brain", there is potential here.

(Of course "Other M" is main reason why we probably won't get Samus stories anytime soon).

Is that all Naugus has? Crystallise robot, set it against its allies, hope for the best? It's the same tactic he'll be playing with Metal Sonic, based on the covers to Eggman's Dozen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Archie actually went there......

They actually straight up referenced AWESOME CHAOTIX FROM EGORAPTOR!

@Sonictrainer Also thanks. I didn't know how to do that.

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

SonicUniv89var.jpg

Unlike Sonic he don't chuckle?... Sorry, I had to. Also, that scene is somewhat creepy... 

RE: Other Archie video game comic

Mario would be great, but only if it did its own thing instead of trying to follow the games closely like Mega Man did. I'd love it if it had secondary stories starring other characters, like a series of back-ups about Wario going on his own adventures, or maybe stories about Luigi ghost hunting with E. Gadd or something.

Otherwise, Kirby, Splatoon, Metroid, or Kid Icarus would be neat, too. 

RE: New covers

Figured it'd be Naugus. The fact that he seems to be alone is probably even more proof that Wendy's the last Egg Boss.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how Naugus will do things when he no longer has Master Emerald shards to give himself power.

I was reminded more of Sonic Paradox's Seaside Denied, specifically Espio's "Boss, don't you think we're a bit heavy for a bee"

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Figured it'd be Naugus. The fact that he seems to be alone is probably even more proof that Wendy's the last Egg Boss.

Yep. I suspected as much...

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That's why I would try Kid Icarus. It's "young", so there isn't any sacred image to protect and it has a lot of talking, so it's not like they can't have stories. Universe is rich, full of characters, and while story is mostly comedic, there are serious moments.
The only drawback is this is tricky universe to expand. What if Flynn wants to create non-Ares, but next game build completely different God of War. (Insert obvious Kratos joke here).

My second pick would be Metroid. She has more personality then Mario or Link and adapting her games would be fascinating. Besides, she's a bounty hunter flying through space. Making new stories and characters that don't contradict games would be really easy. Who knows, maybe Flynn would be even able to do Other M right. Theme of "Mother" could really work in Metroid, of done right. Samus is an orphan, her main villlain is called "Mother Brain", there is potential here.

(Of course "Other M" is main reason why we probably won't get Samus stories anytime soon).

The series isn't young, just it's popularity since it had an over 2 decade long break.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

What do you mean "so easily"? They didn't said anything about it. Maybe she walked though the door or maybe it was exiting car chase, with explosions. She's a really minor character, so I bet they won't dwell on that.

They will need to at some point to justify her existence.

When he says "so easily" he's not talking about the specifics as to how she got away, but rather the lack of repercussions for doing so. Eggman always has some diabolical method of keeping even his most basic henchmen in line. Once word gets out that Jian had defected, then that countermeasure should have been activated.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll admit of all four covers Part 3's doesn't really work as a single cover. I still love Dan and Luis and there's stuff I do like but yeah it's not really great on it's own.

28 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

The series isn't young, just it's popularity since it had an over 2 decade long break.

I know, that's why I used "quotation marks ".

(I never got why Uprising keeps throwing references to original game. How many people will go nostalgic about it?)

25 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

They will need to at some point to justify her existence.

When he says "so easily" he's not talking about the specifics as to how she got away, but rather the lack of repercussions for doing so. Eggman always has some diabolical method of keeping even his most basic henchmen in line. Once word gets out that Jian had defected, then that countermeasure should have been activated.

This is all assuming that there wasn't any input for it on the part of Conquering Storm. I don't think it'd be all that far-fetched to theorise that she kicked Jian out after deeming her too soft, possibly because of the changing mindset that led her to answer Dulcy's call to arms.

Just now, Detective Reptiles said:

This is all assuming that there wasn't any input for it on the part of Conquering Storm. I don't think it'd be all that far-fetched to theorise that she kicked Jian out after deeming her too soft, possibly because of the changing mindset that led her to answer Dulcy's call to arms.

Doesn't matter.

She has cybernetics and we know about the fail-safe built into those cybernetics. Even if she had walked off on the Egg Army on friendly terms, Eggman would have added her to his potato collection in a heartbeat.

Prehaps her superiors are reluctant to report her missing just yet. Its possible she simply slipped through the cracks. However as it stands now, Jian can't fight against the Egg Army because it would be a constant reminder that she can be dealt with via the flick of a switch. Conquering Storm knows this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been taking a close look at Jian and the only cybernetics I see on her is the tip of her tail. Unless her legs are also cybernetic and it's just too hard to see them, I don't see how Eggman could paralyze Jian if her cybernetics only affect the absolute least influential part of her body. Though perhaps there's more to this "locking up cybernetics", like maybe it affects the organic nervous system as well (I forget if that was mentioned or not). Either way, we're gonna have to wait for an explanation on how Jian left the Egg Army and why she isn't in Eggman's "I have no mouth and I must scream" prison..

On that note, I finally got to read 281. My opinion on it is pretty much the same as everyone else's: meh. Silver Sonic wasn't necessary in the slightest and pretty much nothing happened aside from revealing Dulcy's backstory here. The second story was cute and revealed a lot about Bunnie though.

Spoiler

At least Cream is finally out in the field, god damn it. But, on the other hand, her presence still amounted to nothing. All she did was airlift other characters (which I've gotten sick of way back in PPP but then again it's not serving snacks so I'll let this one slide), awkwardly try to introduce herself to Dulcy (which I guess is cute but, at this point, I'm not in the mood for the comics to make an idiot out of Cream), ask Dulcy questions, and revealed Zonchen's whereabouts (which had to be shared with Cinder). Though Cream's apparent friendship with Cinder is cute and I like it a LOT more than Cream's continued interactions with Sally.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, HAVE CREAM TALK WITH ANTOINE! HAVE HER GET A REASSURING HAND ON SHOULDER OR PAT ON THE BACK FROM SONIC! HAVE THE RABBIT GET ENCOURAGEMENT FROM BIG! ENOUGH WITH HAVING CREAM GET ALL OF THOSE FROM SALLY JUST TO SHOW OFF HOW AWESOME A "MOTHER/AUNT" SALLY IS, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A HORRIBLE PARENTAL FIGURE WHO THINKS SHE KNOWS CREAM BEST WHEN SHE DOESN'T ONE SINGLE FUCKING BIT!!! 

I got no special comment about the solicits. They look nice.

Edited by Kaotic Kanine

5 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

I don't see how Eggman could paralyze Jian if her cybernetics only affect the absolute least influential part of her body. Though perhaps there's more to this "locking up cybernetics", like maybe it affects the organic nervous system as well (I forget if that was mentioned or not). Either way, we're gonna have to wait for an explanation on how Jian left the Egg Army and why she isn't in Eggman's "I have no mouth and I must scream" prison..

Cybernetics are historically tied into the nervous system (see Bunnie back when she was almost absorbed into the collective). Besides, last time I checked, the tail connects to the base of the spine... which in turn is the first place I'd hit if I was trying to veggitize somebody.

We may not have confirmation on this just yet, but I'm sure Eggman had enough foresight to ensure that any cybernetic could do the dirty deed. Less  "locking up cybernetics" and more "jacking up your internal processes". Much like his bomb cybernetics from before, it didn't matter if you had a robo-arm or a robo-dreadlock, the Doctor made sure his threats followed through.

• Thumbs Up 3

47 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

katella_commission_by_adambrycethomas-da

Does this mean that Katella might actually be the last Egg Boss? Or, is this picture just for the sake of fun and fanservice as a tribute to AOSTH?

Most likely the latter.

At least I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope it's the latter. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The picture is titled as a commission on DeviantArt, unlike the Egg Boss SC pieces.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

The picture is titled as a commission on DeviantArt, unlike the Egg Boss SC pieces.

My apologies. I forgot about that part. It's fine, though. I'm still placing my bets on Wendy Naugus being the last Egg Boss anyway. :)

1 hour ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Here's two more ladies! Your welcome @ChaosSupremeSonic and @RobotnikHolmes. :)

conquering_storm_sonic_channel_by_adambr

katella_commission_by_adambrycethomas-da

Now we just need Archie!Breezie, Merlina, Shahra, and Madonna Garnet, and we'll have wallpapers of all the good Sonic waifus.

• Thumbs Up 1