Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

2 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

279 had two off panels.

*looks at physical copy*

...well I'll be damned.

It's not in my digital copy:

image.jpeg

I was about to say, it's been changed majorly from the digital version. What's more notable is the fanart section - Erica D only has the Big art left, and the Sonic Boom fanart was entirely removed. 

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

*looks at physical copy*

...well I'll be damned.

It's not in my digital copy:

image.jpeg

I have a digital copy with the two off-panels and less fan art.

Well, this is new.

Maybe this is why there were delays: They were removing all Boom-related fanart after the cancellation...

IDK. Just my take.

That doesn't really make sense. Boom was cancelled ages ago and was still allowed to have fanart in the ends of the other books (way past the point where plans were fixed). Why pick now of all times to get rid?

So, is finding Eggman or someone/thing closely associated with Eggman attractive the new indicator of a genuinely evil female character? :/

Oh hells yeah! Also there seems to be at least 3 more pages in the preview than the usual 4. Maybe its to also make up for the delays?

26 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

So, looks like we're getting a Sky Patrol adapt? Or just more flashbacks.

It's just a way to connect the games. I've been dying to see an actual timeline, we are slowly discovering it piece by piece.

49 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You have to love their creative ways of clearly letting on Eggman is in his classic design, but hiding it just out of sight so SEGA don't get all stupid about it.

Yep! Also, an hybrid of classic and modern designs for Sonic and Tails. I don't know why though, but in Champions it was a lot more clear that it was his classic design.

33 minutes ago, Detective Chameleon said:

I don't know why though, but in Champions it was a lot more clear that it was his classic design.

Yeah, in Champions it was literally just his classic design with green eyes, I think.

4 hours ago, Detective Chameleon said:

Hide contents

Sonic 2 master system -> Tails Skypatrol?

Nice. I wonder if this happens before or after Naugus is banished to the Special Zone.

Spoiler

Well, it has to be after, since Walter says Eggman has "much to answer for". Plus, Eggman's takeover of Mobotropolis was said to be the beginning of his plans of world domination.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You have to love their creative ways of clearly letting on Eggman is in his classic design, but hiding it just out of sight so SEGA don't get all stupid about it.

You say creative, I say cumbersome. Like, it doesn't seem seamed into the narrative, it's obvious that he's being covered up because they can't actually show it. And given that the one shot he's out the shell in the flashback had modern proportions, and leg in the crystal was also more like modern Eggman, I suspect that SEGA's at least caught on a bit and are getting stricter on what they can show. 

I’m starting to like these two trolls already. I definitely approve of the “wizard and witch” duo shown here and I can’t wait to see them in action when they fight against the Egg Bosses!

Also, Wendy crushing on Eggman? That’s both creepy and amusing!

I do wonder if we're going to see Snively and Naugus interact in the upcoming "Shattered" Universe arc...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Right.

Mostly. The takeover of Mobotropolis happens in Sonic 2 I think, because it happens in Westside Island, it's also when Sonic meets Tails. The master system games must happen after that. I'm just surprised that Walter has already escaped. I don't know when they rescue King Acorn, it should be some time before Sonic Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

The Naugus Twins ambushing classic Eggman in the final zone of Sonic 2 for the Game Gear, called Crystal Egg Zone? Good in-joke, Flynn. Good in-joke.

• Thumbs Up 8

31 minutes ago, Nerfuffle said:

I think its time I come clean on that.

Literally my first rookie mistake on the job was reading the first few pages of the script listing “genesis sonic” and assuming they were referring to “classic sonic”. So for the first few pages I drew classic sonic and had to make the adjustments later. Turned out “genesis sonic” was the younger Sonic in the Archie continuity, differences including green eyes, buckles on his shoes, and a light touch of sonic CD influence. To make things even more confusing both Genesis Sonic and Classic Sonic had both appeared in the comic before then.

I recall most of the characters' younger selves are preceded with the word "genesis" with the exception of Breezie... who's just called "classic Breezie" for some reason.

However for the classic variant featuring Sonic that was revealed recently I was instructed to "do what I did in Champions" and pencil classic sonic with green eyes and buckles. Things were straightened out apparently as someone else removed the buckles and painted in the eyes reverting him back to "classic sonic". 

So to recap, there are two versions of young sonic running around, one with different eye color, only appears in stories that involve time travel, and may or may not be mute. All possibly adding credibility to the mainstream misconception that Classic sonic is actually Modern Sonic’s son… or perhaps the other way around.

Oh, Sega they just have to make things way too complicated. I'm assuming this has something to do with Classic and Modern being considered separate franchises for some stupid reason.

There's an interesting tidbit that I noticed on one of the pages. After the flashback ended, Eggman made a comment about being on "working terms" with Wendy since then. He questions why she would challenge him there and now in Eggmanland. Were they ever meant to be allies at one point or am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, Nerfuffle said:

I think its time I come clean on that.

Literally my first rookie mistake on the job was reading the first few pages of the script listing “genesis sonic” and assuming they were referring to “classic sonic”. So for the first few pages I drew classic sonic and had to make the adjustments later. Turned out “genesis sonic” was the younger Sonic in the Archie continuity, differences including green eyes, buckles on his shoes, and a light touch of sonic CD influence. To make things even more confusing both Genesis Sonic and Classic Sonic had both appeared in the comic before then.

I recall most of the characters' younger selves are preceded with the word "genesis" with the exception of Breezie... who's just called "classic Breezie" for some reason.

However for the classic variant featuring Sonic that was revealed recently I was instructed to "do what I did in Champions" and pencil classic sonic with green eyes and buckles. Things were straightened out apparently as someone else removed the buckles and painted in the eyes reverting him back to "classic sonic". 

So to recap, there are two versions of young sonic running around, one with different eye color, only appears in stories that involve time travel, and may or may not be mute. All possibly adding credibility to the mainstream misconception that Classic sonic is actually Modern Sonic’s son… or perhaps the other way around.

Wow that is really confusing.