Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Was WU suggested by either SEGA or Capcom, or was it primarily Kaminski's brainchild as his final hurrah before he left Archie to work over at DC?

Either way, it felt like there was less love involved in the second crossover and was more (blatantly) a cash-in. It didn't help that guest artists were brought in to do the various acts that had never really worked with either Sonic or Mega Man. Schoening was okay, but the guy who did act 2 was pretty bad; at least Hesse had done Sonic work in the past (and is a rotating artist with Archie's Sonic books).

I really don't want to talk about another intercompany crossover happening for Sonic's anniversary. They can do something nice and respectful for the franchise, like the aforementioned hypothetical Unleashed finale. No need for Mega Man (in a crossover. I want that book back... :'( sigh.), Dr. Who or whatever IDW or whoever nonsense. Just let Sonic's anniversary be about Sonic and his franchise.

THAT SAID, I think it would be funny if sometime after the Shattered World Crisis is over, Sonic & co met Archie and the gang, like that Sabrina crossover from the 90's. Sure, that was more or less stupid and goofy, but nothing's wrong with a bit of levity once in a while, and (to be a bit fair) it fit the goofy era of the series before it got 'serious' with late 40's. But then again, the company probably wants to be seen more seriously, which is why Archie vs Predator and Archie vs Sharknado were published through Dark Horse.

• Thumbs Up 4

Being totally honest, I don't want to see another crossover for a very long time. Mega Man lost three issues to this complete nonsense, meaning the Mega Man 4 plot is set right up, only for absolutely no payoff because of the hiatus, same way the Sonic Boom comic lost three of it's issues, despite the fact it was being cancelled, and literally had one issue left, and on top of that, that one issue was a underwhelming "LOL GORILLA STORY HAHA", 

On top of that, I want Sonic to get an actual milestone issue to himself again. One that feels like a truly special issue because they've reached a milestone. #250 was taken up by Worlds Collide, and #275 was taken up by Worlds Unite, as was Universe #75 because it was worked in as a normal tie in story to set up Worlds Unite alongside StH #272 and FCBD 2015. It's even worse for Mega Man, who had both of his two milestone issues forced into Worlds Collide/Worlds Unite.

• Thumbs Up 4

If they had chosen to make it split between Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and Mega Man, and not Sonic Boom, we would've had it end in September, and Sonic Boom would've had three issues of Sticks-less stories and the Wolf Sidekick filling in for Comedy Chimp, as well as the Lightning Bolt Society doing a scheme in the comics.

Oh great, Now your making me miss the Sonic Boom comics cause I really enjoyed Sticks in them a lot more than the show.

i don't understand why people are freaking out about the Sonic/Dr.Who crossover, I assumed it was just a joke on how ridiculous crossovers can be.

The first crossover was awesome. It had some bad parts, but overall it was a pretty nice experience. Then after a few issues, they have another crossover. With X and Boom thrown in. Also a crowd of characters from other franchises. In 12 issues. ....uuuuuuuuh sure, let' just squeeze all the drama in one issue only to resolve it in a few pages in the next issue, dedicate a whole issue to either have the friends get beaten to a pulp or fight a bunch of boss characters who can be defeated in a few blows, and have the boss be overpowered to the point no one can defeat him, only to have an Archie-exclusive character who gained magical powers that is impossible even in his own universe to change it back to normal in the last minute.

Yeah, I don't want to see another crossover. At least wait several years. And please make it more unique and interesting.

Person who suggested a Sonic/Dr. Who crossover seemed to be serious about it. Hence why people argued it as a impossibility.

Edited by DarkLight

Person who suggested a Sonic/Dr. Who crossover seemed to be serious about it. Hence why people argued it as a impossibility.

It's just that it would've involved Time Travel, and Classic Sonic. Then again, we already had Sonic Generations happen, so it's unnecessary.

Oh great, Now your making me miss the Sonic Boom comics cause I really enjoyed Sticks in them a lot more than the show.

Sorry. it's just that I expressed little interest in the comics to even care. That, and the fact that we'll eventually have Sonic Boom stories in a DIFFERENT book. Maybe as a future arc or one-shot for Sonic Universe, or at least for Free Comic BOOM Day.

Quick question, y'all:

Is "Sonic Comics Spectacular" meant to replace "Sonic Select" as the new "compilation series"?

Edited by Chaos Controller

So,  the 11th has STH #278, 19th has MM #55, and 25th has SU #82.

We may see the Shamar Freedom Fighters and Nephthys soon!

Edited by Arranos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Quick question, y'all:

Is "Sonic Comics Spectacular" meant to replace "Sonic Select" as the new "compilation series"?

No, it's replacing Best of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

A mole that wears triangular sunglasses. I smell a reference.

...Also, would it kill them to give him long claws like an actual mole?

So, unless there are more members somewhere, these are the only three.

If that's the case for the majority of the teams, this may be good. Not too many characters to keep each one unique, but enough to count as a team.

Who does he reference?

Wow! Spike, Sonar and Trevor look freaking awesome!  I love their designs and I'm definitely looking forward to these three.:wub:

Spike kind of looks like an oc but he still has a pretty rad design.

Sonar is so cute and I'm curious what she could bring to the table ability wise.

Trevor surprisingly has a "normal" name like Amy, Sally, Nicole etc but that's totally fine with me. His design is alright but I wish he wasn't purple though, we already have Rotor, Big and possibly Thrash. It just feels so redundant having so many big tough purple guys at once, digging dat ponytail though.

Edited by Dan-Dude

For a second I thought the orange thing was a tiger or a lion. Even now I have to keep telling myself he's a porcupine and not a tiger-hedgehog hybrid. Seriously, who designed that thing??? The fox is cute though.

Or even one of those shovel blade Knuckles used to wear. Actually  Knuckles can dig without those by punching the dirt, so either the mole is disabled or Archie wasn't smart enough to understand moles can dig by themselves.

So, unless there are more members somewhere, these are the only three.

If that's the case for the majority of the teams, this may be good. Not too many characters to keep each one unique, but enough to count as a team.

Who does he reference?

Monty Moles from the mario series

Who does he reference?

Monty Moles from the mario series

Or Kamina from Gurren Laggan.

• Thumbs Up 2

latest?cb=20150906021403 300?cb=20150906021433

latest?cb=20151112223403 300?cb=20150906021702&format=webp

WE SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE

Also, the preview is supposed to show some pages of Hidden Costs Part 2 along with the main story right?

Another thing to note, are they going to change the cover of the next issue (279?) Because that cover shows Spike as yellow, and Trevor's scarf as blue. In the current issue, the colors changed. (shrug)

And I'm somewhat getting Thrash vibes from Trevor.

And I'm going to guess-

That Nepethys is either a bird, or a cat or a snake.

Hidden Content

Out of those three, if they want to be diverse, I'm guessing she has to be a bird, as the Cat and Snake have already been taken by Conquering Storm and Mordred Hood. Her name being based on the Egyptian Goddess Nephthys leans more toward her being a bird, as Nephthys was associated with them by being depicted as a kite, or as the protector of the Bennu.

But then that leaves the question of whether the Battle Bird Armada are an Egg Army unit or just an associate of the Eggman Empire if Nephthys is a bird.

Calling it now, but we shall wait and see...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'm really not a fan of how many designs are defaulting to teal. Guess I've never seen it as an attractive colour. Big purple bruisers is getting annoying too :P

Found the new solicits on Tumblr. Originally posted by Comics Alliance.

tumblr_nxrtdixywO1rf4sboo1_1280.jpgtumblr_nxrtdixywO1rf4sboo2_1280.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #85
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #85 CVR A Reg: Diana Skelly, Jim Amash & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #85 CVR B Variant: Dan Schoening & Luis Antonio Delgado
Dr. EGGMAN gets CRACKING in “Eggman’s Dozen” Part Three: Dr. Eggman has assembled his evil Egg Bosses to take back his Egg Refinery from the Naugus Twins! The plan seems straight forward enough, but what happens when the Eggman’s minions can’t work together? Can the mad doctor scramble to survive or will his shaky alliances leave him fried? Featuring egg-tastic cover art by dynamite Diana Skelly and a wonderfully “Wicked” variant cover by artist supreme Dan Schoening!
Ship Date: 2/10
On Sale Date: 2/24
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

tumblr_nxrtf1ETna1rf4sboo1_1280.jpgtumblr_nxrtf1ETna1rf4sboo2_1280.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #282
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers, Jennifer Hernandez, Terry Austin, John Workman & Gabriel Cassata
Sonic the Hedgehog #282 CVR A Reg: Tyson Hesse
Sonic the Hedgehog #282 CVR B Variant: T. Rex
SONIC fights FIRE with FURY in “Wings of Fire” Part Two: When Sonic was infected with the Dark Gaia energy, he nearly all lost control of his mutant Werehog form. So what happens when an ancient and powerful phoenix gets turned to the dark side?! It’s a three-way battle as Sonic and Dulcy’s teams battle for their lives against the Dark Gaia Phoenix and Egg Army! Then, in “Shards and Sparks,” Knuckles and Mighty reunite to take on Egg Boss Thunderbolt! Featuring cover art by the terrific Tyson Hesse and a spooky “Horror Movie” variant by the mega-talented T. Rex!
Ship Date: 2/24
On Sale Date: 3/9
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

Pretty happy to hear Knux and Mighty will get to team up again :D I want to see how these incarnations get along!

Edited by Zaysho