Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So basically he's continuing to count his chickens before they hatch. I know a series getting planned in advance is normal but isn't planning the fourth volume before he's even anywhere near done with the first a bit over zealous?

Especially with a series that has as much negativity and bad feedback already before its even chalked out for release. Archie must be laughing and wondering why they even bothered at this point. He's gunna drive himself into the ground if he keeps this up.

• Thumbs Up 4

R.I.P. Lara-Su (2002-2013).

On her grave it reads: "Here lies a victim murdered by greed and selfishness, AKA Ken Penders".

Lara-Su-No-BG-Mewkat14.png

Such a damn shame to, I actually liked her character.

Not even just a fourth volume, but a fifth! Not to mention that the way he's putting it makes it sound like he's essentially planned out the entire thing, if he's so casually announcing that he's got that much planned out in advance.

I'll be very disappointed in anyone that takes those 20~ free pages as a sign it's going to be okay to read this at all just because we're not giving money for this. As soon as this hits, the attention needs to completely cease and crush his delusions of people wanting it... which should have been done a long time ago, but we really need to start hitting the brakes soon.

we're all going to read it and do a bad fanfic reading as a community special, aren't we

So now I know the reason why I hated the comics for so long.

God damn, Penders.

Same for me.

His crazy writing and junk was the reason I stopped reading the comic's, not to mention the horrendous art. Ian and Tracy got me back on board.

And the Oscar for Greatest Internet Troll goes to,,, *opens envelope*

ken_penders_sonic.jpg

He has GOT to be trolling us if he really thinks his shit will sell... I mean, he makes New Coke look innocent by comparison.

Here's hoping for a cease and desist letter...

• Thumbs Up 1

Julie and Laura fans must feel pretty scummy right about now.

Edited by Dejablue

Julie and Laura fans must feel pretty scummy right about now.

Unless Archie Comics somehow was able to get some use of Julie, she's effectively dead to me as of the second Genesis wave.  I'm gonna miss her though, and I'm especially going to miss Lien-Da.  I always hate to see potential wasted.

Well, at least Dr. Finitevus is safe from this whole Penders nonsense. He's the only other echidna I care about, at any rate.

Does Ken have Remmington?  I liked him too though he's been struggling since the Enerjak fiasco.

Edited by Legendary Aqua

Basically, if it's an Echidna and it's not called Finitevus or Knuckles, Ken made them.

The way I see it, the characters wiped clean from due to the great Penders Purge, may eventually find their way back into the comics. It's a slim chance, but it could happened. 

But the decision alone falls into Archies, and after the trouble the lawsuit has given them, I dont think they are willing to put the Penders characters back into the comics anytime soon.

Edited by mistercokehold8

I don't know if Finitevius is safe though - because technically Penders created the echidna that used that Chaos Syphon-thingie and Green Knuckles overloaded it. His backstory is connected to that, even if it was Karl Bollers that "created" the character we currently see.

But, yeah, still... I really hope Fini didn't get the shafted either. He was actually good.

I don't know if Finitevius is safe though - because technically Penders created the echidna that used that Chaos Syphon-thingie and Green Knuckles overloaded it. His backstory is connected to that, even if it was Karl Bollers that "created" the character we currently see.

But, yeah, still... I really hope Fini didn't get the shafted either. He was actually good.

I think even Penders said that he wasn't going after Fini.

If that isn't meant as some kind of burn then I dunno what is.

Is it...is it wrong that I want Linkara from Atop The 4th Wall to review Ken Penders's diarrhea stain fanfiction comic when it comes out and tear it a new one despite probably suffering extreme mental damage even it's just from the artwork itself? 

• Thumbs Up 2

So SDCC is going on, has anything leaked from archie's booth this year like with last years Metal Sally thing?

Unless Archie Comics somehow was able to get some use of Julie, she's effectively dead to me as of the second Genesis wave.  I'm gonna miss her though, and I'm especially going to miss Lien-Da.  I always hate to see potential wasted.

I know how you feel. The first part of Endangered Species is what got me to start reading the comics and Lien-Da was a big reason why.

I gotta say, I care very little about the echidnas being gone, I'm fine with Fini and Knuckles being the only ones.

I really just don't like what are essentially fan characters having relationships with a character that's supposed to be a loner, short tempered and essentially 'tsundere'. I guess if Shadow suddenly got into a relationship with a character like that, I'd just ditch the entire series altogether.

Plus they feel like a constant reminder of Penders.

Oh, and there's a larger version, where the art failure is even more obvious. Enjoy!

Lara-Su_FrontPage.jpg

Seriously, what the fuck is this??

I was actually going to buy the comic for the laughs but if this is what it'll look like then I think I won't bother.

Edited by Crash

Looking at that image again her arm and hand look WAYY to thin compared to the rest of her.

I'm no artist and I'm sure Penders could draw better than me, but I know what looks good and that just looks wierd!