Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I kinda want to kick myself for how fucking off I was at guessing that hand. laugh.png

At the same time it makes me happy that we know some characters may still be around.

Also, as far as getting comics for things like the X and Zero series, I can't imagine how Ian could give the Reploid War and the Zero series such justice in the comic if he actually gets to doing them, which isn't a bad thing as that'll open me up to surprises!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks to Evan Stanley spoiling it. xP

How serious was this spoiler in question? I'm friends with Evan's boyfriend and I really hope it doesn't mean any repercussions for her job!

I wasn't expecting much tbh. The comics in a new era, we kinda need to find out for ourselves. Kinda suprised we haven't heard of any attack on Ken during the convention though, going to the panel is asking for trouble.

Well, it's really akin to how diplomats from warring countries can still treat each other with respect, I'd say.

Plus you know, you can mob him later on when no one's watching.

tongue.png

I can't enlarge the image in the article showing off the cover for #255. Wanted to get a good look at Nichole.

I love Bunnies new design, wish the hat didn't have to go though.

Hello there I'm QuantumEdge and I suppose I'm the newest guy here.  Well, I'll keep the introduction short and say that I've been looking for a large Sonic site that has plenty of info and I guess I struck gold here!  Anyway, I guess I'll start this Comic Con discussion by saying I feel like an imbecile right now.  I was so sure the villain on 255's cover would be an all new character, but boy was I wrong!  I never expected to see the Iron King this soon!  Unless that is the Iron King anyway.  

SAM_7067.jpg

Thanks so much for the better quality picture smile.png   So far, I think Bunnie's redesign is my favourite and is it me or are her cybernetics looking a little shinier?  I didn't really think NICOLE would get a redesign as well, albeit not a very radical one.

Right Click > Open Image In New Tab (or whatever the equivalent is)

Was like the first thing I tried. My browser crashed just now and everything is working fine now, I can now enlarge the image.

Thanks anways.

Edited by Alice T

I can't enlarge the image in the article showing off the cover for #255. Wanted to get a good look at Nichole.

I love Bunnies new design, wish the hat didn't have to go though.

I'm thinking that the hat will make the occasional appearance like Eggman's cute scarf.

If that's the Iron King, he sure looks different. I think it's the eyes - normally they are just scleras; giving irises to a character almost makes them seem likeable.

If it is him, looks like his suit underwent some major renovations. Maybe Regina had him Legionised or something?

I think it's a new character 'least that's what Ian said on +/co/ and at the panel.

On another note, do you think Snively got a re-design?

Edited by Alice T

If that's the Iron King, he sure looks different. I think it's the eyes - normally they are just scleras; giving irises to a character almost makes them seem likeable.

If it is him, looks like his suit underwent some major renovations. Maybe Regina had him Legionised or something?

Perhaps the Freedom Fighters aren't the only ones to receive redesigns?  And I have to agree with you there on the eyes.  It might be that he'll turn good and they want him to look the part as well.

Be honest, did anyone expect the Iron King?

Nope, I actually thought it would be an all new villain of some sort.  Never the Iron King.

I'm glad that Bunnie is still as cute as ever but I miss the hat, yaddayadda.

Still...No, I was expecting someone else, actually. To choose the Iron King seems...random.

On another note, do you think Snively got a re-design?

Assuming he broke free, I don't see why not, since it seems to be all the rage!

Sonic and Eggman must feel so archaic, left out of the re-design craze...

Perhaps the Freedom Fighters aren't the only ones to receive redesigns?  And I have to agree with you there on the eyes.  It might be that he'll turn good and they want him to look the part as well.

It's possible. With the lessons of Dimitri and such, it's clear Ian doesn't mind a bit of redemption.

Plus you have the fact even Snively's been shown to be more than just pure, unrepentant evil despite his ruthlessness: whereas Eggman has been shown to have zero remorse whatsoever (barring Mecha), Snively has been seen to be moved to tears more than once by Hope, then you have his love with Regina... I think he might undergo a similar treatment as Dimitri and realise "Crap, I'm all alone in this world because I built my entire life around using people." He does have an unhealthy obsession with getting in Hope's good graces it seems, which means there might be more to the little bald man than meets the eye.

It took Lien-Da so coldly trying to murder him to make Dimitri realise maybe he made the wrong choices. Evil ultimately loses because it lacks good's greatest strength: compassion. If you have any desire for that compassion... you ultimately need to tone down how evil you are. Whereas Eggman has no need for anything besides power, it looks like Snively and Dimitri are not so easily sated.

Who's to say the Iron King is different?

Though with his brutish facade it makes me hard to imagine he's ever thought about love, since he's dense. Unless the Genesis Wave had some sort of personality rewrite a la Naugus?

Heck, I ponder Eggman's thoughts on romance. Barring his care for Mecha, he did seem somewhat upset that Snively had found romance based on his expressions; he came across as fairly annoyed with how Snively was able to debunk all his logical explanations that Regina would sell him down the river.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Assuming he broke free, I don't see why not, since it seems to be all the rage!

Sonic and Eggman must feel so archaic, left out of the re-design craze...

It's possible. With the lessons of Dimitri and such, it's clear Ian doesn't mind a bit of redemption.

Plus you have the fact even Snively's been shown to be more than just pure, unrepentant evil despite his ruthlessness: whereas Eggman has been shown to have zero remorse whatsoever (barring Mecha), Snively has been seen to be moved to tears more than once by Hope, then you have his love with Regina... I think he might undergo a similar treatment as Dimitri and realise "Crap, I'm all alone in this world because I built my entire life around using people." He does have an unhealthy obsession with getting in Hope's good graces it seems, which means there might be more to the little bald man than meets the eye.

It took Lien-Da so coldly trying to murder him to make Dimitri realise maybe he made the wrong choices. Evil ultimately loses because it lacks good's greatest strength: compassion. If you have any desire for that compassion... you ultimately need to tone down how evil you are. Whereas Eggman has no need for anything besides power, it looks like Snively and Dimitri are not so easily sated.

Who's to say the Iron King is different?

Though with his brutish facade it makes me hard to imagine he's ever thought about love, since he's dense. Unless the Genesis Wave had some sort of personality rewrite a la Naugus?

Heck, I ponder Eggman's thoughts on romance. Barring his care for Mecha, he did seem somewhat upset that Snively had found romance based on his expressions; he came across as fairly annoyed with how Snively was able to debunk all his logical explanations that Regina would sell him down the river.

I'd like to see Snively actually realise that for once.  He's one of those tragedy characters who only makes his life pitiful because of his own actions.  So I sort of hope that all this time in that prison pod's cleared his mind a little.  As for the Iron King getting a personality change (thanks to the Genesis Wave) I think it could actually happen.  If it did, I'm sure it would be done well, when you look at Dimitri's redemption.  I really liked how Dimitri became something more than the power thirsty Enejak he once was.

Wow, Bunnie's redesign looks awesome!

Have to agree with you there! 

The new designs look really similar to Ian Flynns fan comic Other M, not to be confused with Metroid.

I'm seeing it in Antoine and Rotor mostly.

Snively turning into a good guy... that could be interesting, but for some reason I see him ending up in a battle suit for some reason..... that wouold be an interesting change, Hope could build it for him! hehe

SAM_7067.jpg

After seeing this cover, I really warmed up to Bunnie's design. I didn't expect that glove to belong to Iron King either. I half-expected it to be Dr. Finitevus.

Hmm, I wonder if all the other characters will get a redesign, or only those that never originate from the games?

After seeing this cover, I really warmed up to Bunnie's design. I didn't expect that glove to belong to Iron King either. I half-expected it to be Dr. Finitevus.

Hmm, I wonder if all the other characters will get a redesign, or only those that never originate from the games?

Well here is a thought, what if its an upgraded minor character we all just forgot about?

a. Why legionize someone who is invulnerable? It would literally make him less of a threat if Sonic could spindash his arms off, and its not like he'd get any stronger.

b. good luck cutting off an arm or a leg in order to legionize him. Per reason a.

It does look like he's sporting the colors of the dark egg legion though (the pants are a dead giveaway). If he belongs to Regina's faction, then it would make since because she has already demonstrated the ability to manipulate him into doing what she wants - even without the threat of self destructing cybernetics.

As for Bunnie, she looks pretty good. I'm gonna miss the braids and the jacket, but maybe she'll wear them around sometimes. All the freedom fighters are looking pretty good.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I like Bunnie's redesign, just wish she didn't full blown revert herself back in order to feel useful. wish it was armor or something but oh well...

oh and is there a different video of the panel? the one on TSSZ is...annoying to be honest. I can't hear anything but that recorders cackling.