Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I might be late, but it sounds like Sonic Underground isn't happening:

https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/293853139898073088

Maybe I'm misreading this, but when SEGA rearranged Archie last year to make it more in line with games they probably stopped the Underground ending plans. Real shame, I didn't like Underground much at all but I was really looking forward to it :c

I might be late, but it sounds like Sonic Underground isn't happening:

Now that would suck on a MASSIVE scale. It wouldn't sting half as much if we didn't know that there was something cool coming down the pipeline (I'm not even a fan of underground - I hated that show)

man. I'll be twiddling my thumbs pretty hard waiting for confirmation on that one. Last we officially heard it was simply postponed.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I don't think I can handle another one.

It's a long running comic book, it was inevitable. This isn't the first time it's happened, and sure as hell ain't gonna be the last. So I'm just gonna sit in my chair and see  how this plays out.

Hold up guys, you might be overreacting a bit on that statement there. It's been known for a while that Sonic Underground can't have any elements introduced within the main continuity, but that doesn't mean that a story separate from that can't happen.

Nonetheless, I'm asking on the BK forums for clarification, just to put things at ease.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hold up guys, you might be overreacting a bit on that statement there. It's been known for a while that Sonic Underground can't have any elements introduced within the main continuity, but that doesn't mean that a story separate from that can't happen.

Nonetheless, I'm asking on the BK forums for clarification, just to put things at ease.

I was wondering about that too which is why I said I might be misreading.

Good luck! I really hope the story still goes out.

If it has been outrightly cancelled, can you PM me or send me a profile comment to let me now.

Thats the only thing from archie I've been looking forward to. That and it's quite big news if the have cancelled it.

Dang, 500th page.

But I can't say I blame Ian for the changes...by all means, it'll be easier for newcomers to get into the comic, I guess. I mean, they won't have to worry about asking why there's so many Echidnas when the games are constantly saying Knuckles is the last of his kind, not to mention the name of 'Eggman's army' and what Mobius is. New people won't have to worry too much, but it still pisses off the old readers with crappy endings to these characters, I guess.

Okay, so it looks like he reaffirmed that the SU story would be a one-issue story just two days before that on Twitter. Unless the plan changed in two days, it seems we can skip having to give Ian more bother.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so it looks like he reaffirmed that the SU story would be a one-issue story just two days before that on Twitter. Unless the plan changed in two days, it seems we can skip having to give Ian more bother.

That's my mistake then for not doing my research v-v;; sorry for makin' everyone worry.

So, who's up for more crossover stuff?

Didn't have enough room for the variants or solicits, but I probably will for another post.

1359646636.jpg

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 7

WTF is with those robot Amy, Shadow and Knuckles?! They look ridiculous! Did Wily make those?!

Also, fuck yes Sonic vs the Genesis Unit.

WTF is with those robot Amy, Shadow and Knuckles?! They look ridiculous! Did Wily make those?!

Also, fuck yes Sonic vs the Genesis Unit.

Perhaps, but it's not like Wily is accustomed with making robots modeled after anthromorphic animals so that could explain why they look more like Robot Masters.

Am I the only one that thinks that those Metal Shadow/Knuckles/Amy don't look that bad? They actually look kind of cool really.

• Thumbs Up 4

The designers could had at least TRIED a bit harder to divert away from 80's Japanese TV shows with those designs.

I for one reckon it looks fucking awesome. (:I

And hey, a Wily Wars reference, and it makes sense too! :D

Edited by Tracker_TD

Do you guys don't see that it's kinda obviously Dr Wily giving Amy, Shadow, and Knuckles the "Robot Master" treatment akin to how Eggman gives them the "Metal" treatment? I think they looks pretty awesome.

So here we have Knuckles Man, Shadow Man, and Amy Woman, wonder which weapon they're weak to!

And I also think I know where Knuckles Man got inspiration from.

162762974003397562_WUvEf6qs_c.jpg

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3

Here's the solicit.

SONIC UNIVERSE #52
The second act of the epic Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man crossover event BEGINS HERE! "When Worlds Collide" Part Five of Twelve: Sonic, Mega Man, Tails and Proto Man enter the strange world of the Skull Egg Zone. They don't receive a warm welcome, either, as the Genesis Unit and Copy Robot attack! Drs. Eggman and Wily wait in the wings with an even more sinister surprise waiting to be unleashed! You cannot miss this action-packed issue, featuring new cover art by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and choose YOUR favorite hero with the "Team Sonic" and "Team Mega Man" variant covers!

Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, Jack Morelli, and Thomas Mason
Cover: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Jack Morelli, and Matt Herms
Team Sonic Variant: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, Matt
Herms, and Thomas Mason
 Team Mega Man Variant: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Ryan Jampole, and Thomas Mason

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 5/15
32-page, full color comic $2.99 US.

Sounds cool, but kinda on the fence about Yardley penciling this. While I love the guy's work on Sonic, his Mega Man stuff isn't as good IMO. Hoping he's improved since then.

What Mega Man stuff, since when has Yardley drew Mega Man comics before?

The only time I know he drew Mega Man was a cartoony chibi pic he done some time ago on deviant art, are people expecting him to draw like that or something cause that's a silly expectation. People should know better that he can draw better than that.