Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So wait, what are they calling it then? I mean they sorta have to have zone names seeing as they have Characters from other zones.  Scourge for example is from Moebius which of course is an alternate spelling for Mobius. It would be strange to keep Moebius and not have Mobius.

Edited by Rally the Cheetah

Saw pics of it on Bumbleking.

Oh this is just bullshit! theres literally no point to these mandates, why is SEGA being anal again?!

Hm, would "Earthicans" suffice?

Er...no?

And what's more is that going on 20 years long, the term "Mobius" is far to ingrained into the comics to just censor out like that. It's on the wiki, it's spread all across the net.

What exactly is the point in this again? It's been long established that this is a separate continuity from the games, so I don't see what the point is in doing this.

Saw pics of it on Bumbleking.

Oh this is just bullshit! theres literally no point to these mandates, why is SEGA being anal again?!

How many times does one have to say it, TO ATTRACT THE GAME AND YOUNGER (AKA THE NEW GENERATION OF THE PAST DECADE) FANS TO THE COMICS!  That's why their having Archie do that.  But I doubt it will last long.

Cutting out Lien-Da entirely from a reprint by omitting her page isn't Sega trying to attract younger readers.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Cutting out Lien-Da entirely from a reprint by omitting her page isn't Sega trying to attract younger readers.

well, I think that (edit) was done months before the settlement. So she may be back

Well, this is something somebody stuck up and wrote here: 

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=319743#p319743 

That is something

I somebody was able to get out of them to provide the screens people here wanted to see.

Admittedly they're not that jarring on their own (save for the cropped page). But when you consider that the issue has already been practically gutted from the inside out due to the altered focus...

Just got StH #245 in the mail! PM requests for spoilers will now be accepted as usual. :)

The Krudzu being immune to water because it got into and controlled Crabmeat beforehand seems a bit of an asspull to me.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Got Universe 48 today. Great issue, I respect the baron a lot after how he treated Mighty. Anyone notice Julie Su's name was in the offing when Mighty said to Vector about grudges?

Forget my last question, how about what the hell?

245krudzu.png

245shard.png

Did that Shardy thing just stop the mutant Metal Knuckles in one blow?

Edited by VEDJ-F

I actually really like Shard... it's great to see he will meet his "old friend" Biological Sonic! For some reason I thought he was meant to be even more secret than the Secret Freedom Fighters, being made sort of under Naugus' nose... I wonder if he's meant to be accompanying ole Silvy?

A lead-in to SU#50 I assume? This arc is just full of surprises. Wish I was getting actual printed issues but my subscription crapped out before it started and I decided to wait to renew after the arc was done.

Flynn Acknowledges “There’s going to be some changes” with Sonic Comics’ Future

“There is nothing the fans can do about it”

The heavy edits made to Sonic #244 last month were a shock to the system to many longtime readers, especially when word reach that Archie Comics and former writer Ken Penders, in principle, agreed to key settlement terms regarding numerous disputed copyrights related to the comics.  We remain unaware as to whether that agreement has been finalized.

But since last month’s unexpected discovery, more edits have been found by fans, in particular edits made to Sonic Super Special #6 where a page from an included back story was outright cut.  That edit allegedly included the presence of Lien-Da, one of the characters under dispute.

That, paired with increased frustration and uncertainty among fans has prompted current comic writer Ian Flynn to concede on his forums that things are not going to be the same with the series from now on.  Flynn also asked for reactive behavior among his forumers to temper.

“Regardless of what’s going on, there is nothing the fans can do about it. What will happen will happen, and that’s all there is to it,” Flynn said.  “There’s going to be some changes. That’s beyond my control and the fans’ control. [....] I’m not asking folks to be happy about it. I’m just asking you be mature about it.”

Flynn did assure fans the comic itself is not in danger, and noted he is working on plans for both the short and long-term.

“The comic isn’t going anywhere. The SatAM cast isn’t going anywhere,” Flynn explained.  “I’m plotting out the end of the Naugus subplot, short-term plans for post-crossover 2013, and long-term plans for years after.”

The flip side is that while the events detailed in Sonic #244 did not necessarily close the door on so many characters, these remarks almost certainly do.

Edited by bwrosas

2. All the characters, events and stories that Ken created and wrote for the comic, could become "True" parts of the counitny.  In other words, MYL's could become the "True" Future like he intended it to be, whither we as fans or those working on the comic like it or not.  Other events could be added and focused more on in the comic.  As well as characters as well.

I can't believe that I missed this comment.

Mobius whenever years later will never become the true future because Sega would never fucking allow it. Plus having one true future is stupid when it comes to comic books, since unlike manga they don't have endings(unless they get canceled and even then they're lucky if they get enough notice to come up with an ending).

Okay, so apparently people need a recap of what's gone down in the comic as of late. The cliffnotes thus far;

-It is implied by Ian that there's a mandate that prevents the SEGA characters from referring to their family as such within the comic itself back at roughly the time of StH#235. 

-The intro is changed from "Welcome to Mobius" to "Welcome to Sonic's comic adventure". Both this and the above can be presumed to be independent of the lawsuit, but were still timed pretty badly.

-September; The cover preview to SU#47 is shown, with Rob as a big focus on the cover. The cover preview for StH#244 is also shown, with Julie-Su standing next to Amy on the cover.  

-NYCC; Sally redesign is revealed. Once again not related, but the event also reveals the covers for Sonic Legacy #3, which is about Endgame, and SSSM#6, which is supposed to have a Chaotix focus. 

-Sonic Select #7; Geoffrey is removed from the cover and replaced by Espio, despite having minimal representation in the stories that are said to be in it (the Select itself is focusing on Sally, thus has the Princess Sally mini-series, of which Geoffrey was a major character). 

-October; The cover preview for StH#245 is shown, mentioning a conflict between Thrash and Lien-Da/the DEL. 

-SU#50 is revealed to be a Sonic Underground epilogue. 

-Sonic Super Special Magazine #5; The aforementioned cover to Sonic Legacy #3 is in there as a poster, but Geoffrey has been removed.

-SU#46; The DEL are referred to as Eggman's Army instead. Bow and Thorn are introduced and share a lot of traits with Rob and Mari-An, who are absent. The troops of Lord Hood only have the hoods. Text appears to have been altered last minute. The preview for SU#47 has an entirely new cover, with no Rob.

-StH#243; Issue appears to go off as normal, but the back-up story with Knuckles and NICOLE is exactly the came as in StH#242. Preview for StH#244 has no Julie-Su on the cover.

-SU#47; Rob is a no-show, although it is attempted to be explained in-text. Troops are completely devoid of DEL clothing. 

-Sonic Underground story is postponed; SU#50 is now a Metal Sonic vs Shard story, with a reprint of StH#25.

-StH#244; All Echidnas are no-shows bar Rad Red himself. All of them and Saffron appear to have been transported to somewhere else via super-charged warp rings courtesy of Thrash. Flashbacks suspiciously placed considering content.

-SU#48; Appears nearly unaltered. It's one of the few stories thus far with nil involvement from Penders' character to begin with. 

-SSSM#6; Focus has completely changed from the Chaotix to Journey to the East, the issue's reprints have been changed from what they were slated to be, one reprint has had a page removed completely (one with Lien-Da on). Other parts of the reprint have been altered to accommodate the Mobius and Eggman's Army change. 

-StH#245; No fight between Thrash and Lien-Da because Lien-Da is gone, issue possibly rewritten so that the Knuckles/Thrash fight and the Krudzu Hydra could fill for time? Shard is introduced to the story, although this could be linked to the original solicit for StH#246 easily.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wait, they're omitting Geoffrey, too?

Since Geoffrey's now just a vessel for Ixis Naugus' soul, does that mean that they're gonna kill him off?

Edited by Komodin

Wait, they're omitting Geoffrey, too?

Since Geoffrey's now just a vessel for Ixis Naugus' soul, does that mean that they're gonna kill him off?

lol if they are, combine this with all of the above. It means that pretty much the entire last 2 years worth of stories have more or less been absolutely pointless.

That post really does make it seem like things have been messed up to a point of no return sad.png I feel really bad for Ian, he's probably had to work overtime to figure all this shit out too.

I still wonder what the "settlement" was and even if Ken won at all.. if he won, surely he'd be posting all over his site bragging about it?

EDIT: This would have been far more convenient if it all took place after Genesis :c

Edited by SuperLink

I think I'm gonna wait to figure out what the settlement officially means as far as the comics go before I start mourning the loss of any characters or pitching a hissy-fit over a medium sized shift to a popular continuum.

No point in getting riled up on something we can't possible understand without the whole story. Lets just wait.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Getting riled up over the future effect is one thing, but we can still be mad that Ian had to deal with this bull in the first place.

Personally I'm actually more chill, but eh.

Some of that makes me feel like it's currently going under damage control.

Which is a shame. Bad timing, now that the current story arcs are coming to an end.

I was expecting a big payoff with Silver, Mecha Sally, Naugus and Eggman... I wonder exactly how much of it will affected.

Still.... no point getting annoyed until the comics are released...

Edited by MamboCat